Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Traveller posted:

Main problem I have with this event so far is that I don't know how any of these characters work aside from like, Fischl and XQ and Sucrose. Yelan dice? Kokomi water thing? Whatever, rack up camera charges and start killing.
yelan's just xingqiu basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

No Wave posted:

Playing ganyu after playing tighnari is agony.

Yeah honestly even if he has some issues the pop pop pop playstyle Tighnari brings is so satisfying.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Trying to do something with Lisa as a hyperbloom activator, but her skill targeting is so finicky. It is really satisfying to hit for >20k on those things though.

I like the concept of hyperbloom, even with the awkwardness of coordinating 3 elements, but it's just so oomph lacking.

Surprisingly, Tighnari's not too bad of a bloom activator. I hadn't thought of it until now that he'd probably be great on a Nilou team.

No Wave posted:

Playing ganyu after playing tighnari is agony.

This, but any catalyst user after Heizou

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Tighnari's not that strong but he's freakin sick. Hes's in my top 5 favorites.

I'll also mention I dont think keqing is all that much stronger at the moment than pre-dendro - her so-called comp doesnt have a healer or a shielder. But aggravate justifies her entire kit design, with 4TF her kit actually makes sense and even her slow-rear end burst becomes justifiable because it gives two CDRs to her E.

Similarly yae benefits more from kazuha than dendro but quadruple aggravate on her burst (and the hard fought for random targeting on E) makes her kit feel actually designed with mechanics in mind instead of a random pile of crap. Idk why this makes such a difference to me but it makes both characters so much more enjoyable, like you're actually engaging with the mechanics instead of just smacking away with raw electro damage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

I'll also mention I dont think keqing is all that much stronger at the moment than pre-dendro - her so-called comp doesnt have a healer or a shielder.
she is someone thatll get even better once we have a dendro healer or shielder, yeah. if baizhu is the dendro healer (probably, given hes a doctor and all), hes going to be extremely meta.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Tighnari's not that strong but he's freakin sick. Hes's in my top 5 favorites.

I'll also mention I dont think keqing is all that much stronger at the moment than pre-dendro - her so-called comp doesnt have a healer or a shielder. But aggravate justifies her entire kit design, with 4TF her kit actually makes sense and even her slow-rear end burst becomes justifiable because it gives two CDRs to her E.

Similarly yae benefits more from kazuha than dendro but quadruple aggravate on her burst (and the hard fought for random targeting on E) makes her kit feel actually designed with mechanics in mind instead of a random pile of crap. Idk why this makes such a difference to me but it makes both characters so much more enjoyable, like you're actually engaging with the mechanics instead of just smacking away with raw electro damage.

The videos I've seen have her clearing almost as fast as equally geared hutaos. Dendro just needs a healer/shielder that applies elements as well as DMC and she's golden.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Can't you use Kuki in a keqing aggravate team? Or Jean?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Can't you use Kuki in a keqing aggravate team? Or Jean?

fischl is a pretty big part of the team's damage. jean or sayu are options but the extra em kazuha and sucrose give are also a pretty big boon, plus the grouping. so the slot youd want a healer in is the dendro slot but, Yknow.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The videos I've seen have her clearing almost as fast as equally geared hutaos. Dendro just needs a healer/shielder that applies elements as well as DMC and she's golden.

I keep being indecisive about how to build my Yae when I know realistically I'm just gona futz around in the overworld with her :negative:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

If they introduce a Dendro catalyst with a 40-cost burst that'll be enough for a healer

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Got Dori in the princely sum of 6 pulls.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ah, I guess the banner timings are by time zone, still got 5 hours left on the old ones.

Don't want Dori though, K is for Kuki, shes good enough for me

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ah, I guess the banner timings are by time zone, still got 5 hours left on the old ones.
The patch banners are simultaneous worldwide, but the banner changes within a patch are by timezone.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hey, got Kokomi within a few pulls, that's me done.

Also Mona C1 with the standard fates from leveling her up, which is nice I guess.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Hello thread I am once again asking you for a quick breakdown of the available 5* characters because I have no idea what I’m doing.

Last time I lost the 50/50 so I guess this time I’ll actually get what I aim for!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Hello thread I am once again asking you for a quick breakdown of the available 5* characters because I have no idea what I’m doing.

Last time I lost the 50/50 so I guess this time I’ll actually get what I aim for!
Post roster.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They're both great. Ganyu is a really strong cryo DPS in either a freeze or melt setup, though she relies on her bow charge shots so if you don't like doing charged shots you might not have fun playing her. Very very strong, though.

Kokomi, meanwhile, is an extremely good hydro support who can apply hydro to lots of enemies very consistently and heals your team a ton. She's incapable of critical hits so she's also easy to build since she doesn't need crit rate/crit damage at all.

Which one's better for you is gonna depend on who else you have and what your account needs.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ganyu is a pure dps with great range and AOE. She's built around bow charge shots, but her bow has a special third charge level that basically turns it into a rocket launcher. So she can keep shooting big ice explosions forever with no cooldowns or energy cost (that makes her pretty great for overworld/exploration stuff too). However the charge time is pretty long (unlike tighnari's back-to-back machine gun shots), so some people dislike the playstyle of just sitting in aim mode charging up all the time.
She can be played well in both freeze and melt teams, but I wouldn't recommend melt unless you have zhongli cus it'll be a pain to have non-frozen enemies hitting you in the face and interrupting your charge-up time.

Kokomi is a healer and a great hydro-applier reaction support (but not for fire teams). She just plops a set-and-forget jellyfish down on the field and then swaps out, like a more supportive version of Fischl. Then the jellyfish will hang around and keep you topped up on hp while constantly applying wet status to the enemy to make freeze / electro-charge / bloom stuff work real smoothly. But unlike fischl it applies in an AOE, and a pretty big one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Play ganyu's trial, use her charge shot, see if you can stand it keeping in mind she doesnt deal more damage than other comps.

Kokomo owners pretended sukkokomon was a comp for three months for reasons no one will ever understand. Discussion is not possible.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 9, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't know what sukokomon is but the name is funny so I support it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Wait, so are there other characters that flat out cannot crit? This seems relatively important lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nope, just Kokomi.

Specifically, Kokomi has a passive talent that gives her -100% crit rate (and +25% healing bonus). It's not a hidden mechanic so don't worry that there are characters who secretly can't crit.

I guess Kokomi technically can crit if you somehow manage to boost her crit rate by more than 100% but that's pretty unlikely and not worth even attempting except for a laugh

Harrow fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 9, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, so are there other characters that flat out cannot crit? This seems relatively important lol

Kokomi just has a passive that gives her -100 crit rate.
She can crit, if you get more than +100 critrate from a combination of artifacts and buffs. However the amount of stats you need to throw into that -100 hole for no return before they start increasing your damage means it ends up significantly weaker than a just-ignore-crit-and-build-raw-damage build.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ah ok. Gonna pull for her later. I need hydro peoples

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Ganyu is a pure dps with great range and AOE. She's built around bow charge shots, but her bow has a special third charge level that basically turns it into a rocket launcher. So she can keep shooting big ice explosions forever with no cooldowns or energy cost (that makes her pretty great for overworld/exploration stuff too). However the charge time is pretty long (unlike tighnari's back-to-back machine gun shots), so some people dislike the playstyle of just sitting in aim mode charging up all the time.
She can be played well in both freeze and melt teams, but I wouldn't recommend melt unless you have zhongli cus it'll be a pain to have non-frozen enemies hitting you in the face and interrupting your charge-up time.

Kokomi is a healer and a great hydro-applier reaction support (but not for fire teams). She just plops a set-and-forget jellyfish down on the field and then swaps out, like a more supportive version of Fischl. Then the jellyfish will hang around and keep you topped up on hp while constantly applying wet status to the enemy to make freeze / electro-charge / bloom stuff work real smoothly. But unlike fischl it applies in an AOE, and a pretty big one.

Why not on fire teams?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Still kind of wondering if/when they plan on having a new world level since looking at beta tests the enemy level goes up as high as level 200 potentially. I'm kind of still surprised they didnt with Sumeru.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She doesnt apply enough hydro to let diluc/hu tao/xiangling/yanfei vaporize. Instead the squid vaporizes which is a little unimpressive.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Harrow posted:

Sukokomon is a team consisting of Sucrose/Kokomi/Fischl/Xiangling. It's secretly mostly a Xiangling overvape team using Kokomi as the onflield hydro enabler, but there's a chunk of its rotation that uses some weird mechanics that made it stand out:

Gouba infuses himself with pyro for a short moment before he breathes fire. If you use Sucrose's skill while he's infused by pyro within her AoE, it will trigger a pyro swirl. If the enemies have hydro and electro auras, this will cause them to get hit with: electo-swirl, overload, a vaporized pyro-swirl, and possibly an electo-charge. The end result is a big bunch of flashy numbers that do decent damage and make people ooh and aah.

But unless everything lines up perfectly (where "everything" includes the enemies) then it's mostly impractical to use consistently. Which is why most people consider it to be mostly a meme team

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

She's the only one but it's not really a big deal. The only practical effect it has is not allowing her to use favonius. Like, Sucrose with no crits is at 99% strength. Zhongli and Kazuha, maybe 90%

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I use 70/50 favzhong and 62/50 favzuha... highly recommend both.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tsyni posted:

Why not on fire teams?

Pyro + hydro vaporize reactions burn through all the hydro status on an enemy really quickly. On top of that, vaporize only boosts the damage of the second element that actually triggers the reaction, so if the balance of elements is off in a vaporize team it'll be only the hydro character getting the vaporize reaction's damage bonus and not the pyro carry.

Kokomi has slow, consistent elemental application in a big aoe, but pyro teams with characters like xiangling or hu tao want someone who can do really fast hydro application to a single target (i.e. xingqiu or yelan). With just kokomi, your hydro application will fall below the pyro application and you'll end up only getting hydro-vaporize reactions instead of pyro-vaporize reactions. And at that point you might as well just do a mono-pyro team.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Drone strike Kokomi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCqCaY2Mufc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Harrow posted:

I need a list of every team comp people are running because I have also never been able to decode them on sight.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

What's the mechanic that guaranteed the crit there? I guess because she hit the eye?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Thinking about how it'd be cool+fair if anemo and geo both got a deepwood set reskin...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

MoonCrab posted:

She's the only one but it's not really a big deal. The only practical effect it has is not allowing her to use favonius. Like, Sucrose with no crits is at 99% strength. Zhongli and Kazuha, maybe 90%

Building crit on Kazuha and Zhongli owns :actually:

https://i.imgur.com/FjNDrex.mp4

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Dropping the rock is a lot of fun

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Now that I finally got the prerequisite quests done, I'm gonna second Sumeru's first few quests are very much in the style of Inazuma's. Run from point A to B, listen to info dump, do it again, SLOW WALK :orks: behind an NPC while they talk to other NPCs.
I feel like the slow walk thing was introduced in response to people critiquing how disconnected it was for Monstad and Liyue NPCs to just have dialogue while the traveler was running to the next point in their quest, and this is so much worse imo.
Also I'm getting annoyed by so many dialogue choices that are basically
Choose one:
-You're saying both of these things. That's
-not how dialogue prompts work
It felt like earlier content was mostly
Choose one:
-Half a dozen
So just different ways of saying the same thing, but the Inazuma and maybe late Liyue and beyond really leaned into the say both thing.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 9, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kokomis best and most consistent teams are freeze comps and the new vegetable soup/frozen vegetable soups comps. In standard freeze comps shes just there to apply the aoe hydro aura but on the vegetable soup teams shes the primary driver.

You can run her in tazers too but not using Sucrose feels like purposely gimping yourself. Also given the relative strength of XQ and Yelan's single target I'm guessing mono hydro is also a possibility for fights that have no need for aoe? I really should pull for Kazuha the next time he shows up for mono team shenanigans

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 9, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is "vegetable soup" like reaction soup but with dendro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Harrow posted:

Is "vegetable soup" like reaction soup but with dendro

yeah just a soup with bloom or hyperbloom as the primary reaction