Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Snow games rule too.

The best is a combination of both

RIP Metrodome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxAIAclK0I8

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Retractable roof. It's not hard.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
How many retractable roof stadiums exist north of 40°N? Brewers and...?

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Mariners have one in Seattle. Arthur Ashe for the US Open is also retractable in NYC.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The real crime is playing on astroturf but domed stadiums do suck rear end for football

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I think it only makes sense to have a retractable roof for baseball since you actually close it for bad weather. And if you don’t close it for say football games, why bother in the first place.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SirPablo posted:

Look at this moron who's never heard of Louis Armstrong Stadium
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Armstrong_Stadium

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Mobile_Park

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hand Row posted:

I think it only makes sense to have a retractable roof for baseball since you actually close it for bad weather. And if you don’t close it for say football games, why bother in the first place.

You retract it for game day, and only game day and then close it off for everything else. That way Elton John can tear it up when it's 0 degrees out nd you can have a snow game.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Allen Robinson looked like poo last night. So much for the hypothesis that he only needed a good QB.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Pretty sure the Blue Jays had one when I visited Toronto 15 years ago

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I had no idea Ford Field was.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_covered_stadiums_by_capacity

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I do not give a poo poo about snow games lol

The Bears have a clear losing record in "bear weather"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Dexo posted:

"Bear Weather" is anything above absolute zero.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I was holding out for a 2nd fog bowl at some point, personally

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I just found out that the Vikings hired Ed Donatell and Mike Pettine. Good luck with that.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just found out that the Vikings hired Ed Donatell and Mike Pettine. Good luck with that.

I looked into Donatell and Mike a bit. One does machines, the other is a party dude.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

Football in the snow is the best kind of football.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Packers got this on lock

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Football in the snow is a fun experience as a fan in the stadium but I do not want my Super Bowl hopeful team playing in the snow

Pro Jugs Machine
Jul 12, 2022

You mess with Kirk, and you go in the grinder.
Nothing holds a candle to big sloppy snow on a big sloppy field during a big sloppy football game

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

They must be taking the tickets at face value, there's no way you can get four tickets for $586. I've been trying to snap up tickets for the Cowboys game in November and $586 will probably get me *two* tickets.

Lions sound like a good deal though.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

They must be taking the tickets at face value, there's no way you can get four tickets for $586. I've been trying to snap up tickets for the Cowboys game in November and $586 will probably get me *two* tickets.

Lions sound like a good deal though.

The Bills are a steal for a Superbowl favorite.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Why the hell would you lot park at a Packers game when people let you park on their lawn for like $20

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don’t think they were going to go that deep in the weeds of adding cost of parking at abandoned shopko.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Hot Diggity! posted:

Why the hell would you lot park at a Packers game when people let you park on their lawn for like $20

I haven't parked in a yard for anything under $40 in years. gently caress the preseason game I went to cost me $50 to park in a yard.

Maybe you can get on a lawn for $20 miles away.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Cold games suck. Also if Chicago wants a super bowl they're going to have to build a dome.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Z. Smith SAFETY A. Rodgers

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

SirPablo posted:

ImPureAwesome posted:

Pretty sure the Blue Jays had one when I visited Toronto 15 years ago

Yep, the Rogers Centre although the original name, SkyDome, is much cooler.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I miss parking at the old kmart.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PneumonicBook posted:

I haven't parked in a yard for anything under $40 in years. gently caress the preseason game I went to cost me $50 to park in a yard.

Maybe you can get on a lawn for $20 miles away.

The suburbs northeast of the field aren't too expensive -- unless prices went up a lot recently. There's a pretty clear gradient from $15 going up to about $40-50 next to Lombardi.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

SirPablo posted:

this is serious sky dome erasure

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Well those are off for Miami now. Two tickets to patriots dolphins in a decent section was $625 alone. Parking in a lot maybe 1 mile away Is $40.

4 tickets in the cheapest seats they have would run you $875

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Last time I went to a Lions game (last year) the ticket was $50 for a decent seat and I found free parking within eyesight of he stadium.

It also happened to be the game against the Eagles so I definitely got what I paid for.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Yeah I don't think you can go to Gilette for that cheap. Also gently caress trying to park there anyway, getting out of that place is a nightmare

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

The suburbs northeast of the field aren't too expensive -- unless prices went up a lot recently. There's a pretty clear gradient from $15 going up to about $40-50 next to Lombardi.

Are you literally parking in a yard, on grass?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Anti-Hero posted:

Yes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Anti-Hero posted:

Yeah. If you're really early, or park far away, you can get curbside parking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Okay just confirmed if I wanted to go to the cheapest game of the season - the jets lmao - and you parked at a private lot of someone’s house for $20 - you can take a family of 4 for 660 total. No beers.

That’s insanity. It must be unbelievably expensive at a big time stadium like Gillette