Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

QuantaStarFire posted:

They should have just merged AN into Metamorph and left the old rares alone.

Honey what's wrong. You haven't touched your 240xBlacksmith's Whetstones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

Honey what's wrong. You haven't touched your 240xBlacksmith's Whetstones

I've actually been getting serious mileage out of all the stones that have dropped tbh. Super helpful in getting glassblower's baubles and such without praying for natural drops, makes automating flasks a breeze.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

poemdexter posted:

This beats all the anime hideouts by a mile.

This is still my favorite I've come across, just because it's so loving dumb

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if i had more patience i would make a huge Ricardo Milos or Billy Harrington one and it would probably get a billion downloads. like maybe the famous 'boss of this gym' scene

Askew
Dec 20, 2007
Slightly Off-Balance

Quick question, when a map has the monster have a X% chance to avoid elemental ailments, how does that interact with the elementalist notable skills that says Hits always shock, ignite, chill? Does the always trump the % avoidance or is it the other way around?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
100% chance to avoid ailments means you can't take them. For example, 99% ailment reduction while walking on shocking ground will reduce the effect of shock, and 100% will (barring external factors increasing the effect of your ailments taken) completely nullify the shocking ground. 99% ailment avoidance doesn't do anything versus shocking ground, but 100% makes you immune to it.

100% chance to cause ailments means you'll always be causing ailments, but if the enemy has 100% avoidance, they will not take it. You'll be causing ailments 100% of the time, and they'll be avoided 100% of the time.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Rule of thumb for this game: "Never" beats "always" every time

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

if it didn't work like that you would be getting ignited by mobs with map mods even if you were ailment immune which would be very bad

Askew
Dec 20, 2007
Slightly Off-Balance

Cool, thanks for the responses. I suspected as much, but my googling skills were weak today.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't mind the AN mobs abilities besides magma barrier. What I do mind is the garbage loot that some of them are now auto required to drop.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
just realised having a max level frost blink gem on an rf build is what was making me instantly explode on reflect monsters, not the rf

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
however depsite that mistake feel like im doing ok overall

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Stux posted:

just realised having a max level frost blink gem on an rf build is what was making me instantly explode on reflect monsters, not the rf

RF doesn't hit, it just inflicts a degen on enemies in reach, so you get around reflect with it.

Reflect is also one of those mechanics that GGG should just fire into the sun.

Infected fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 9, 2022

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Papercut posted:

I'm very excited to see how any announcements by GGG for next league are received. Cause even if they claim they're fixing things, the amount of trust they have squandered in the last couple years must be enormous.

This is probably going to be another 3.15->3.16 change, where they were so heavy handed trying to nerf something, that they end up leaving it arguably even more powerful than before.

Now that players can't trust the manifesto + patchnotes to cover all of the major changes to the game, , a lot of people who buy supporter packs every league are probably going to wait to see how things feel on launch weekend before buying, rather than buying it before launch. This is probably going to force GGG to launch leagues with their rewards over-tuned, and to probably have skills be too powerful at launch, and then pare them back next league. This league's timing was rather fortunate for GGG since there was no big releases happening. November's league is going to go up against Pokemon, God of War, Company of Heroes, Tactics Ogre, and possibly the WoW Dragonflight pre-patch event. If things don't feel good from the start, people are probably going to move on quickly without GGG seeing any money from them.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Heh the frostblink thing was in pohx's faq too. Very easy to forget about and the base damage is surprisingly hefty.

Every time I check the price on unnatural instinct it goes up, smh I'm not playing enough to keep up with inflation

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
gently caress my frostblink is like level 19. If I snag a level 1 I can spec out of reflect immunity… but then it also has a range of 2 feet.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How is your frost blink killing you in reflected maps . What is your cold resist?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
if you blink into a big enough pack w a level 20 gem it doesnt seem to matter

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why did they think a monster dropping 40 flasks was a good idea .

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
i thought a modern SST build would be an omni build but apparently it is an ashes of the stars build
phantasmal SST gets "+1% to Critical Strike Multiplier per 100 Maximum Energy Shield on Shield" and you just pump up that effect
look at this disgusting filth https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/RaZZengan/Chainsaw_Boy?i=28&search=skill%3DSpectral-Shield-Throw

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

How is your frost blink killing you in reflected maps . What is your cold resist?

Taking my RF character for example:

Lvl 1 Frostblink - 142.4 average hit
Lvl 20 Frostblink - 17,646.6 average hit
18% Reflect of lvl 1 - 25.632
18% Reflect of lvl 20 - 3,176.4
Max cold hit - 45,280
Max reflects of lvl 1: 45280 / 25.632 = 1,766
Max reflects of lvl 20: 45280 / 3176.4 = 14.2

Add in increased effect of map modifiers to increase the reflect % and other things hitting you while you're blinking through them and it would be quite easy to accidentally nuke yourself with a lvl 20 whereas I don't think even in Empyrean's wildest dreams he'd be able to juice a map enough to hit 1800 monsters at once so that you could nuke yourself with a lvl 1.

euphronius posted:

Same reason they thought having a monster drop 80 Whetstones and Scraps was a good idea: because gently caress you, that's why.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 9, 2022

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i absolutely killed myself to reflect with a lvl 20 frostblink when i played rf last league. totally doable if you blink into a big pack.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

whypick1 posted:

Same reason they thought having a monster drop 80 Whetstones and Scraps was a good idea: because gently caress you, that's why.

Look at this guy with no increased quantity...

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde

Cretin90 posted:

gently caress my frostblink is like level 19. If I snag a level 1 I can spec out of reflect immunity… but then it also has a range of 2 feet.

Can you just link it to void manipulation?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

GenSpecific posted:

This is a big brain move, hell yes

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

poemdexter posted:

Look at this guy with no increased quantity...

this poo poo is the worst part of this patch for me, i *really* don't want to bind the hide loot key because then i keep accidentally hitting it and not looting anything for half a map until a sound pops

but now i have loot directly interfere with combat regularly because some lovely AN dies and fills the entire fuckin screen with loot. this was never a problem before, i could just see/click around the single item that dropped, loot explosions only really happened at the end of delves/bosses/etc, not in the middle of the field and cover the 300 enemies still on screen

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

euphronius posted:

You look thirsty, friend.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Truga posted:

this poo poo is the worst part of this patch for me, i *really* don't want to bind the hide loot key because then i keep accidentally hitting it and not looting anything for half a map until a sound pops

but now i have loot directly interfere with combat regularly because some lovely AN dies and fills the entire fuckin screen with loot. this was never a problem before, i could just see/click around the single item that dropped, loot explosions only really happened at the end of delves/bosses/etc, not in the middle of the field and cover the 300 enemies still on screen

Time to hide all whetstones. It's stupid but if you don't need them then write them out.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

GenSpecific posted:

That would come at the expense of being able to Combust with a tiny bit of flat fire spell damage for that extra -10% resist debuff.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Kind of reminds me of when perandus coins could be sold for hilarious amounts of wisdom scrolls except this time it's stopping you from clicking monsters.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

George posted:

Time to hide all whetstones. It's stupid but if you don't need them then write them out.

yeah i've done that yesterday. also synth and corrupted rares. default NS is really bad for this league even on very strict lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Truga posted:

default NS is really bad for this league even on very strict lol

See: letting Breach ring through for some goddamn reason

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Wasn't that for the vendor recipe?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

whypick1 posted:

There's a recipe with those but I'm not sure it matters without recombinators and after the nerf.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, you can make a Grasping Mail with them like you can Loreweave/unique rings, but considering I've got Breach disabled on my Atlas tree...

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Neversink has the strangest ideas, like why his "strict" filter needs to show every goddamn convoking wand or when leveling the filters highlight quivers like it's the most important thing ever

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Zmej posted:

Neversink has the strangest ideas, like why his "strict" filter needs to show every goddamn convoking wand or when leveling the filters highlight quivers like it's the most important thing ever

the convoking wand thing was fixed for 3.19 and was because it used to only drop in 10 specific maps so it was a relatively rare base

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

What is a number I need to achieve so my guy doesn't keel over when someone touches my guy?

I am doing Lightning Conduit. There is often so much stuff in screen or my attention sucks that I just die. I am starting to hate the dying.

https://pastebin.com/kG3MdEmz

Any pro tips? Max block/spell block? Another build? More damage?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
You need spell suppression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Femur posted:

You need spell suppression.

Would spell block do? I could increase it with tempest shield. Glancing blows of course means 2/3 of the blocked dmg goes through.