Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

once i was at some laptop karaoke place in rural el salvador when a bunch of cartel guys rolled up. a bunch of local cowboys and the cartel guys started jawing and the entire restaurant stood up and poured outside. the cartel took the field and i got tossed into a jeep where the driver told me to take a glock in the door compartment as we fled which i didn't touch. everyone in el salvador has a pistol, it's like the opening minute of romeo + juliet but more humid

edit this snipe is lamer than my experience with pistols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

it's not cool, true bros know not to get shot over what's in your wallet

that said, a lotta muggings happen by the victim first getting punched outta nowhere, and on top of that this kid could not have been older than 15 and i'm not small

but yeah it was all animal fear when i looked down the barrel, i don't even remember breaking out into a sprint, just suddenly i was running and being shot at

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in nigeria i was "in charge" (not really) of like 12 military police and 2 secret service agents. most weeks we'd do an evacuation drill, which was important because we were in a long cul-de-sac with only one entrance and exit. it didn't happen when i was there, but a couple months later a couple car bombs made the last big attack on abuja at my market where i'd go get a coke and thumbdrives for my teachers or w/e 2-3 times a week. same time of day, too.

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 07:51 on Sep 5, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bro zone

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i say swears online posted:

in nigeria i was "in charge" (not really) of like 12 military police and 2 secret service agents. most weeks we'd do an evacuation drill, which was important because we were in a long cul-de-sac with only one entrance and exit. it didn't happen when i was there, but a couple months later a couple car bombs made the last big attack on abuja at my market where i'd go get a coke and thumbdrives for my teachers or w/e 2-3 times a week. same time of day, too.

The twin car bombing incident was said to have occurred around 4pm at a shopping mall.[7] According to police report, about 40 vehicles were destroyed by this incident.[8]

god drat dude

did they give y'all any training about that stuff, or were they just "good luck, lol"

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

i was in kashmir when we did bomb drills. we all just texted our loved ones and prayed to our gods because we were so high on adrenalin and quat. glad my schoolteachers got out of there by 2017 and dodged H. syndrome

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

While bouncing at a strip club one of the guys who bullied me in middle school came in and didn't recognize me. I was fine until I walked him out to his car at the end of the night and said "I'd sure hate for you to slip and fall on the ice" but it was summer and he very clearly just thought I was being nice

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

The twin car bombing incident was said to have occurred around 4pm at a shopping mall.[7] According to police report, about 40 vehicles were destroyed by this incident.[8]

god drat dude

did they give y'all any training about that stuff, or were they just "good luck, lol"

no on my initiation weekend my boss took me/us out to a fish market inside an army barracks and said "haha this place got bombed a year ago but it's safe now, there won't be another." then she quit and i was in charge

great loving fish tho

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

A cop?!?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

no on my initiation weekend my boss took me/us out to a fish market inside an army barracks and said "haha this place got bombed a year ago but it's safe now, there won't be another." then she quit and i was in charge

great loving fish tho

i miss fresh fish so much, i used to live near some of the main docks in nola and there were bars there that were "for" the fishermen and dockworkers and stuff who had beer specials at like 7-9am

like dudes just getting completely blasted at 8am on a tuesday, it was an interesting time if you've been up all night drinking

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i used to mop floors on graveyard at a resort so fish and beer at dawn sound right up my alley

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The Three Legged Dog in the Quarter is a good spot for it, if you happen to find yourself around there

they also have laundry machines and food 24/7, it's not hard to see why the river people love them. i recommend the fried mushrooms

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

did you finish "roadhouse"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

NeatHeteroDude posted:

bro zone news: a man came up to me and tried to hug me and I stepped back and said, "ask first." and, like a student, he asked and I gave him the hug as a reward for functional communication

very unbro behaviour imo op

hug ur bros

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

NeatHeteroDude posted:

bro zone news: a man came up to me and tried to hug me and I stepped back and said, "ask first." and, like a student, he asked and I gave him the hug as a reward for functional communication

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5umZbqxBIFw

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/slime_golem/status/1564699442602598401?cxt=HHwWgoCjicv29rYrAAAA

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

I'm confused where's the gaming chair and rig??

Also wtf is up with that avatar anime

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Also wtf is up with that avatar anime

though it was stylistically anime, avatar tla had an american source, similar to the art style of Totally Spies

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that cat needs a tv and xbox on the floor to be a real bro

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

when i lived in mountain view all my neighbors had apartments like this lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

when i lived in mountain view all my neighbors had apartments like this lol

I have a friend who used to live like that until he got a GF.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

in nigeria i was "in charge" (not really) of like 12 military police and 2 secret service agents.

you cia bro?? you have to tell us if you are

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no i responded to a random internet ad in desperation after a bad divorce and ended up working for goodluck jonathan. i was kind of a white mascot but didn't know that until i got there whoops

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

no i responded to a random internet ad in desperation after a bad divorce and ended up working for goodluck jonathan. i was kind of a white mascot but didn't know that until i got there whoops

didn’t know who that guy was and his party is described as socially conservative economically liberal. is that even allowed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

didn’t know who that guy was and his party is described as socially conservative economically liberal. is that even allowed

economically liberal as in free markets, they were more western-aligned than the opposition party in government right now. mostly for evangelical christians. he was kind of a doofus

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://twitter.com/drivenbyboredom/status/1568303175618158595

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Is that what a catalytic converter looks like? I always assumed it was a lil box!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/supertanskiii/status/1569358374432538632?cxt=HHwWkICwlY7IvccrAAAA

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

though it was stylistically anime, avatar tla had an american source, similar to the art style of Totally Spies

dont mention totally spies ever again

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Smythe posted:

ah, a fellow Kill James Bond enjoyer. welcome brother

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

What's totally spies

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

NeatHeteroDude posted:

What's totally spies

Children's cartoon made in France in semi anime style about teenaged spy girls that snuck in a ton of fetishy stuff

I remember watching it as a preteen and realizing nothing of it. It was on cartoon network

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

how are you even old enough to know what totally spies is

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Worked with a tweaker racist dude who had a chat with another tweaker racist dude and all they sent to each other was super buff, naked black dudes with huge elections and "no homo".

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/asimbawe/status/1571439386364825600

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Worked with a tweaker racist dude who had a chat with another tweaker racist dude and all they sent to each other was super buff, naked black dudes with huge elections and "no homo".

just the hugest elections

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/imodernman/status/1572691681610268673?s=20&t=viuODCoIVwQ_Coyc4fSPmQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The back half of Dark Souls being less fun than the front half would seem to confirm this notion.