Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Kokomis best and most consistent teams are freeze comps and the new vegetable soup/frozen vegetable soups comps. In standard freeze comps shes just there to apply the aoe hydro aura but on the vegetable soup teams shes the primary driver.

You can run her in tazers too but not using Sucrose feels like purposely gimping yourself. Also given the relative strength of XQ and Yelan's single target I'm guessing mono hydro is also a possibility for fights that have no need for aoe? I really should pull for Kazuha the next time he shows up for mono team shenanigans

So what you're saying is that I need Ganyu + Kokomi? :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tsyni posted:

The freeze element usually doesnt come from Ganyu, you can use Rosaria

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tsyni posted:

kaeya, rosaria, and diona are all extremely good cyro units that work well with kokomi. you have some healer overlap with kokomi + diona but the teams are strong enough that it doesnt really matter

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Pretty much every Cryo works really well with Kokomi, except maybe Eula. Diona seems like a bit of a waste though, since her defense won't be needed and her offense is lacking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its mostly nice in teams with dendro because of diona's c6 that gives 200 em. probably one of the most overtuned 4* constellations in the game.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 10, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dori in two, should I spend my guarantee on boring tactics fish girl?

Oh my god her idle sound effects are amazing

e- Decided to pull for kokomi. Got another constellation for dori and kokomi about halfway before hard pity. Have enough to force Nahida. Maybe can afford a few weapon pulls on the 3.1 banner.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 10, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Endorph posted:

its mostly nice in teams with dendro because of diona's c6 that gives 200 em. probably one of the most overtuned 4* constellations in the game.

Well, it averages out to balanced with her C4, possibly the worst constellation in the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Well, it averages out to balanced with her C4, possibly the worst constellation in the game

C4 Xiao is my vote for the worst one.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ganyu came home after 50 pulls :unsmith:

time to stockpile for Nahida

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

got a kokomi, sucrose constellation, and a dori in 20. Contemplating whether I should keep pulling to try to get xingqiu, but I'm leaning towards no.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is there a huge difference between millelith and clam set for kokomi if I'm just mostly using her for burst?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there a huge difference between millelith and clam set for kokomi if I'm just mostly using her for burst?
tenacity should be better for overall dps if there isnt someone else who could use it on your team, but depending on your team setup it might be better to have someone else hold tenacity and have her run ocean hued. for instance in teams where shes paired with fischl, fischl with tenacity and her with clam is the best setup

but if you have a really good clam set, just use that

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
For her burst, clam is better. You're not getting +8,000 damage per second with the millelith buff.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Endorph posted:

C4 Xiao is my vote for the worst one.

I raise you Venti C1.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Wooh, managed to get Dori in under 20 pulls, though I wasn't quite feeling her kit in the trial. Should have a decent buffer to try for Candace next patch, then save for Nahida.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I raise you Venti C1.

Eh, it's probably because of that constellation that short boy bow users get to hold their bows the cool way

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007
"I'm saving up but I like this weapon banner, I guess I'll do one random 10 roll, worst thing that happens is I build towards pity on something I care about..."

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

my current tighnari team is tigh/yae/kaz/kuki but im considering swapping kuki for diona since i have her C6 so i feel like that 200 EM buff would help tigh and yae considerably, but that'd mean I'm losing electro resonance....

(im also unsure about artifacts, ive got wanderer on tigh and was farming a set of gilded for yae, but i've seen people saying to put gilded on tighnari instead of wanderer if you don't have another dendro in the party... :confused:)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gilded or wanderer on tighnari is fine, theyre equal. if you are running wanderer you really want EM sands though.

if you want an EM buff in that setup, try putting the 4-star instructor set on Kuki.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

daaaaam

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Gilded and Wanderer's are so incredibly close to each other on performance I'd say just go with whatever has the best substats. Wanderer's does edge out a bit ahead in teams where you are running another Dendro with him since that cuts down the EM buff from Gilded. Wanderer's also has the benefit of being unconditional and always on while Gilded requires some uptime maintenance (not very much mind you, it's basically free but still it's there).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the funny thing is that shes the first possible user of the bell and she still generally wants sacrificial or favonius over it.

maybe the first hydro claymore will be able to use it.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
If you're like me and miss many of your aimed shots, then gilded is better.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Kokomi Crit build is done using Royal Grimoire. It's not ~a thing~ but it allows her to crit.

The most amazing part of this pic is that it's refinement 1. I've got 3 refinement 5s.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The Kokomi Crit build is done using Royal Grimoire. It's not ~a thing~ but it allows her to crit.

The most amazing part of this pic is that it's refinement 1. I've got 3 refinement 5s.
Hey I've got five more in the back. Was just waiting for the day I put it on anyone. Tho I'll be making the sumeru craftable for her eventually.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Got Jean on soft pity. I even predicted it, used up my luck on first try zhongli and first 5* standard on keqing. But I got Dori, C3 Sucrose, C3 Xingqiu, and the sacrificial catalyst out of it all, so I can't be too upset considering I had no anemo pulls at all before this.

Time to hoard for Nahida.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Mix. posted:

my current tighnari team is tigh/yae/kaz/kuki but im considering swapping kuki for diona since i have her C6 so i feel like that 200 EM buff would help tigh and yae considerably, but that'd mean I'm losing electro resonance....

(im also unsure about artifacts, ive got wanderer on tigh and was farming a set of gilded for yae, but i've seen people saying to put gilded on tighnari instead of wanderer if you don't have another dendro in the party... :confused:)

My favorite calculator is https://genshin.aspirine.su/, which now supports importing from your character showcase (same thing people use to make those loadout graphics). You can then plug in your party and whatever team buffs they might be using.

If you want to see what your damage would be like if your artifacts were a different set (with the same stats) to compare them directly, it's as easy as a few clicks of a button to change the set bonus.

My current Wanderer's set does this versus a level 90 Ruin Grader:

If all things were the same except it was Gilded instead:

As you can see, for my setup, Wanderer's is slightly better, but it's really close. This is, of course, with perfect hits against a single target.

You can also play around with other hypotheticals, like different party members, their artifacts, weapons, refinements, talent levels, etc.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Someday, decades from now, I hope to finally win a 50/50 for the first time ever.

At least I finally got the best looking character in this game, Jean.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Vargs posted:

Someday, decades from now, I hope to finally win a 50/50 for the first time ever.

At least I finally got the best looking character in this game, Jean.

I was convinced it was bullshit for the longest time then all of a sudden I got one with Eula during the Holiday event and have been on a hot streak ever since with one lost 50/50 all year.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It looks like Dori's Q energy recharge triggers six times, so 15 energy restored per burst at talent level 10 (realistic with eventual C3). I honestly do like her better with tighnari than kuki though, kuki doesnt restore energy unless you're hugging enemies. Tigh/Collei/Yae/Dori isn't my strongest friendship team (that would have been 2.0's Ayakazuha or 2.3's Goritto) but it's far from my worst.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 10, 2022

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Make sure you wish on the right banner y'all

Maybe I can do without Kokomi, I do have plenty of healers

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have obtained one (1) goat, and now have to desperately hope I get enough gems to obtain a jellyfish (I will not).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Why didn't anyone mention that Kokomi goes 'Nyaaaa' when she does a charge attack?

Wait, nevermind. I'm one of 6 people ITT that still plays in English, it makes complete sense.

(10) Sucrose C19 (20) Xingqiu C10 Xingqiu C11 (30) Sacrificial Greatsword R5 (40) Sucrose C20 (50) Xingqiu C21

This is obnoxious. Someone in here said that you should get a free Dori in a later event so I'll wait and see if that's true first before I keep wishing. I've still gotta try to get some Sacrificial Swords and that's almost half my primos.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think you will be able to see before this banner ends, the leak said itd be in 3.2 and we arent going to get any news about that until 3.1 is going on

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I got Kuki and Sucrose, both my first of either char with my first 10 roll, and won Kokomi off the 50/50. I even risked 20 rolls on weapon banner and got two sac swords for my temerity. All in all, a great session of rolling.

Also I messed around with Ganyu a lot in her trial, just to get a feel for her and I may have judged her too harshly. Still passing her is best given someone I really really want is upcoming probably, Eula, but maybe next time I see her.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lost the 50/50 with a super early 5* and ended up with a C1 Jean. I would've stopped there if it was a new character (Keqing or Mona in my case) but I didn't, so now I have Kokomi but I also feel regret about how many of my poor fates I spent.

I also got fuckin like six Xingqius along the way, motherfucker just would not stop showing up. Now I have like C10 Xingqiu.

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, nevermind. I'm one of 6 people ITT that still plays in English

:hfive:

I just like English Kazuha and Ayato too much to switch

Harrow fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 10, 2022

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Harrow posted:

:hfive:

I just like English Kazuha and Ayato too much to switch
And don't forget eng Itto!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Space Opera posted:

Counterpoint, Japanese Itto is TM Revolution.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Space Opera posted:

I don't have Itto but knowing he's voiced by Max Mittelman makes me wish I did. The dude puts so much personality into the performance, it's great

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I need a list of every team comp people are running because I have also never been able to decode them on sight.
I'm currently running Ace Defective, which is an innovative strategy where you use Heizou as your on-field attacker and put Superconduct on everything for absolutely no value, just because you like how Qiqi plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm still used to old Barbara.

Honestly I like most of the English cast. I think Paimon provides a nice balance between sweet and annoying.