Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nintendo would take jeffrey to court and take his bitcoin fortune from him if there was a nintendo switch emulation thread and they would be right to do so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

splatoon rules

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

Not for systems that are currently receiving new game releases.

weird I don't see a ps5 emulation thread

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
We have two Switches in my house. Our Nintendo Family accounts are logged into both, but purchased content only works on the "Primary" console. Is there a way for both to play the same game at the same time? I'm even okay purchasing a game twice.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Harveygod posted:

We have two Switches in my house. Our Nintendo Family accounts are logged into both, but purchased content only works on the "Primary" console. Is there a way for both to play the same game at the same time? I'm even okay purchasing a game twice.

https://youtu.be/TLY84I_yF-w

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

What's the thread for switch emulation? I can't seem to find any general purpose threads. Do people talk about it here?

It hasn't really come up much in general, and as far as I know there's no dedicated thread about it. Feel free to make a dedicated thread for Switch emulation if you want, forum policy in general is talk of emulation and homebrew and such is fine, just don't talk about where to download retail games.

If you don't want to bother with making a thread, this thread may be your best bet, though no clue how helpful it'd be.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Well, i was having trouble in that games are running at double speed, and everything I can find is all about the exact opposite

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
How do you make those silly pictures that show up above players heads in the hub in splatoon? I never figured it out in 2

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Who'd make an emulation thread for a console that has no games?!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

How do you make those silly pictures that show up above players heads in the hub in splatoon? I never figured it out in 2
There's a red mailbox looking thing in the street area where you can draw a picture and upload it for everyone to see.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Who'd make an emulation thread for a console that has no games?!
:thejoke:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

After the dumb "we're delaying Advance Wars remake indefinitely because Russia invaded Ukraine" I wouldn't put something like this past them tbh.

NoE is really holding the company back. Better to end the whole "Europe" experiment and just focus on the Asian and American territories, Nintendo.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Wait yeah I remember the 3ds thread had custom firmware info and stuff for years.

Speaking of ^^^^ has there been any news on a new release date? I stg if they throw it into a vault...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

breath of the wild 2 will be delayed indefinitely because a game about a princess will just be too traumatic for the brits

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

any thoughts on the Diofield Chronicle demo? I liked it but just wondering other thoughts

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC

Augus posted:

breath of the wild 2 will be delayed indefinitely because a game about a princess will just be too traumatic for the brits

Why would you put that into the universe?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wait yeah I remember the 3ds thread had custom firmware info and stuff for years.
Modding/homebrew isn't emulation.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Augus posted:

splatoon rules

first time im hearing about this

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

American McGay posted:

Modding/homebrew isn't emulation.
No, but they're related and generally appeal to the same group of hobbyists.

Also you have to mod your Switch to acquire your totally legal, personal XCI and NSP dumps for use with an emulator.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Just google Yuzu Nightly Patreon and go on reddit. There's nothing you'll find here when you can just go there.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Really enjoying the Splatoon 2 rerelease. A few quality of life upgrades, some downgrades, but an ok 6/10 version.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Shammypants posted:

Really enjoying the Splatoon 2 rerelease. A few quality of life upgrades, some downgrades, but an ok 6/10 version.

better than the last of us rerelease

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Detective No. 27 posted:

NoE is really holding the company back. Better to end the whole "Europe" experiment and just focus on the Asian and American territories, Nintendo.

We owe them one (or four) for getting Xenoblade

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Willo567 posted:

The last of us didn’t replace pearl and marina with whatever the gently caress trash we get now, so that’s a negatory

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Willo567 posted:

Aren't we at re-re-release?

Brain drain from not paying talent so bad gotta redo the same game 3 times in 10 years cause you're too fail to be able to make your own.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 10, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Shammypants posted:

The last of us didn’t replace pearl and marina with whatever the gently caress trash we get now, so that’s a negatory

Best not be talking trash about Big Man

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I friggin love Splatoon

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Beastie posted:

I friggin love Splatoon

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Soundtrack slaps too. Metal riffs!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
But how is Salmon Run, the only reason to play Splat?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lmao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shammypants posted:

:imunfunny:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’ve got content paralysis playing Splat 3, there’s just so much to do. I haven’t even started the single player yet. I spent a couple hours doing the card game thing last night and it’s actually pretty fun and easy to learn.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

American McGay posted:

I’ve got content paralysis playing Splat 3, there’s just so much to do. I haven’t even started the single player yet. I spent a couple hours doing the card game thing last night and it’s actually pretty fun and easy to learn.

Make sure to check out the single player, it’s real good.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

I love the card game. I unlocked new cards and couldn't wait to try them.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Well, i was having trouble in that games are running at double speed, and everything I can find is all about the exact opposite

don't force it to run at 60fps

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Barreft posted:

Just google Yuzu Nightly Patreon and go on reddit. There's nothing you'll find here when you can just go there.

also this. there are tons of yuzu resources out there

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ye old muderpen still murders

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You guys heard of this Splatoon game? Seems pretty decent so far, you should check it out tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The single-player is thicc. Still in the first area and I've only scratched the surface