Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLUuaUiwcz4

I meant... three days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Another update

https://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=140398

boloney
May 29, 2021

Countblanc posted:

does anyone have that vid of the comp game where someone says "lets loving own these turds" in in-game voice chat

in exchange i offer the classic vid (cw n-word)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH_P4YqGYzc

I'd also like to see this

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is all a leadup to them officially saying they're sunsetting the game and putting it on life support

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If the finale of TF2 is fixing everything and then being like "We're done with this now" I'd be kinda ok with it.

Assuming one of the fixes is ending the bots of course.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
just played a game on koth_viaduct where an enemy demo was getting to our spawn before we even got through the barn. people asked how and he just said "you wouldn't believe me if I told you". googling didn't have any immediate hits, any ideas?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Countblanc posted:

just played a game on koth_viaduct where an enemy demo was getting to our spawn before we even got through the barn. people asked how and he just said "you wouldn't believe me if I told you". googling didn't have any immediate hits, any ideas?

Was he a demoknight? If so he was probably trimping off of some weird-rear end slope on the map.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Doesn't walking out through the barn take forever? I wouldn't be at all surprised if a demo with a buff and a suicidally fast rollout could be landing on your pack at around the same time.

But that's a whole lot of sweat for something that's only useful in pubs against people that just walk to the point.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jabor posted:

Doesn't walking out through the barn take forever? I wouldn't be at all surprised if a demo with a buff and a suicidally fast rollout could be landing on your pack at around the same time.

But that's a whole lot of sweat for something that's only useful in pubs against people that just walk to the point.

sorry, by barn i meant the gates you just walk out of going from spawn, not the building just behind mid.

they had a shield but were also a using a pipe launcher so i don't know if they'd have the movement available without the booties to do an apparently-unknown insane trimp. idk though. they may take this to their grave

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Countblanc posted:

sorry, by barn i meant the gates you just walk out of going from spawn, not the building just behind mid.

they had a shield but were also a using a pipe launcher so i don't know if they'd have the movement available without the booties to do an apparently-unknown insane trimp. idk though. they may take this to their grave

When you say "barn", are you talking about the connector between the open area in front of spawn, and the flat area on the other side of the map from the cliff (with a medium pack and stairs leading up to the point)? Because that's what I assumed you're talking about. And yeah, I think jumping from spawn to your barn, jumping to your pack, jumping and airpogoing to opponent's pack would take about as long as walking through your barn without any jumping. If you're coming out main instead then idk, that seems way tighter and I'm not sure why you'd go there since you don't have a pack to grab.

But it sounds like this was a sick trimp instead if they had a shield. Maybe with some grenade jumping in the mix.

Jabor fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 26, 2022

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Countblanc posted:

With the tide turner and claidheamh you can trimp just fine. You don't need the booties. I am pretty bad at it but I can, for example, trimp from that long staircase on frontier on the first point with the medium health pack at the bottom all the way to RED's spawn, in a matter of seconds, using that same loadout. You go super fast.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Reposting this because it's funny. The guys getting mad at the engies on dustbowl had me chuckling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Johnny Joestar posted:

this is all a leadup to them officially saying they're sunsetting the game and putting it on life support

So long as they don't take down the servers what would change from how it was like two months ago? I'd still play it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jippa posted:

Reposting this because it's funny. The guys getting mad at the engies on dustbowl had me chuckling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4

is that not gravelpit

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
From the thumbnail, I thought it was 2fort.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The thumbnail is from when a blue medic heals a red spy as they sap a sentry then block the door so the engy can't get back. That is on 2fort yes

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Dabir posted:

is that not gravelpit

Yes they build under the map on gpit but the clip that makes me laugh the most is right at the end when they are trolling their own team mates on dustbowl "we are protecting the spawn". :D

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The couponbug dot com in these videos' couponbug dot com credits has been an unwelcome passenger in my couponbug dot com head for the last fifteen years. I love couponbug dot com.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 29, 2022

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

I miss the Team Roomba 2fort2furious server. 32 player gimmick maps to Mastgrr remixes with that community was a personal high point in TF2. Lost Continents were cool too but are pretty well replicated by Uncletopia.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ditocoaf posted:

The couponbug dot com in these videos' couponbug dot com credits has been an unwelcome passenger in my couponbug dot com head for the last fifteen years. I love couponbug dot com.

couponbug dot couponbug dot couponbug dot couponbug dot com

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just started the game up for the first time in a while. After about 15 minutes of play, my whole screen went black for second (playing in windowed) and windows made an error noise. Then it came back, but the game graphics were frozen. It remained in this state until I closed the game. Any idea what might have happened there?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Sounds like a graphics driver crash.

Maybe a hardware fault, or maybe the driver is buggy in a way that TF2 triggers but other games don't.

Zookeeper Steve
Jul 21, 2008
hmm team fortress 2..cool game. like using the heavy weapons guy to destroy some noobs

heres a demoman using jumping to jump around a map where the floor is lava (dont touch it) and im a fan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGdUa6lWTsA

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

It’s been something like 7 years since I’ve played this game. Are there any specific servers anyone recommends or is it just hop on one and hope it isn’t too toxic?

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Skail or Uncletopia tend to be the least inhabited by bots, but I haven’t played since the most recent update so I’m not sure if casual playable.

Skail is easier and people goof off more. Uncletopia tends to have a few more people trying but it’s still super difficult like a 6v6.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Uncletopia is pretty much bot free and there's no obnoxious ads like Skial (haven't played Skial in years so I don't know if this changed). Just get ready for a massive spike in the average skill level on those servers, they're full of comp players and pubstompers with thousands and thousands of hrs in the game. I ran into b4nny a couple times back on the original server.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Uncletopia is pretty much bot free and there's no obnoxious ads like Skial (haven't played Skial in years so I don't know if this changed). Just get ready for a massive spike in the average skill level on those servers, they're full of comp players and pubstompers with thousands and thousands of hrs in the game. I ran into b4nny a couple times back on the original server.

those players definitely show up but I think their dominance of Uncletopia is a bit overblown. i've been playing probably an average of 10 hours a week on uncletopia servers the past few months and there are tons of people who aren't great playing at all hours of the day, plus people just goofing off. you're certainly more likely to bump into good players than you would be queueing for random Valve servers but i feel like anyone who is knowledgeable enough about TF2 to be seeking out private servers is already going to be good enough to not just be a pincushion for pubstomp snipers.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I don’t mind getting my rear end kicked by better players just as long as they aren’t yelling slurs at me while they do it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
basically the only time i've seen salt on uncletopia is when the map goes to 5CP and then the currently losing team has the AUDACITY to push out of last one (1) time, which usually results in 3-4 people being like "wow great i LOVE 5CP this is so loving stupid"

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

uncletopia has a terminal case of payload brain to the point where they got rid of their 5cp and koth servers so that they could have more servers to play payload on

i genuinely don't understand why this is since i'm pretty sure playing 12v12 payload on a server which attracts a lot of sweaty engineer mains is one of the circles of hell

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

uncletopia has a terminal case of payload brain to the point where they got rid of their 5cp and koth servers so that they could have more servers to play payload on

i genuinely don't understand why this is since i'm pretty sure playing 12v12 payload on a server which attracts a lot of sweaty engineer mains is one of the circles of hell

The guy who owns the servers is an Engineer main. 'Nuff said.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

cock hero flux posted:

playing 12v12 payload on a server which attracts a lot of sweaty engineer mains is one of the circles of hell

Not if you're a sweaty engineer main.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Countblanc posted:

basically the only time i've seen salt on uncletopia is when the map goes to 5CP and then the currently losing team has the AUDACITY to push out of last one (1) time, which usually results in 3-4 people being like "wow great i LOVE 5CP this is so loving stupid"

Probably because 5CP is a terrible mode to play in a 12v12 semi-casual environment like Uncletopia, only reason it works in competitive is because most of the time it's Sixes or Prolander and the smaller team sizes of those formats mitigates some of the issues 5CP has

cock hero flux posted:

Payload is besides KOTH probably the mode that is the friendliest to a 12v12 environment, also they didn't get rid of those servers they just switched back to an all maps format and then converted some servers to be "all maps except Payload"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
5CP is based

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No, no, it has bases. Easy mistake to make.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
nobody loves hydro

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

nobody loves hydro

i unironically like hydro

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

hydro is a good map trapped in a bad game mode

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Countblanc posted:

those players definitely show up but I think their dominance of Uncletopia is a bit overblown. i've been playing probably an average of 10 hours a week on uncletopia servers the past few months and there are tons of people who aren't great playing at all hours of the day, plus people just goofing off. you're certainly more likely to bump into good players than you would be queueing for random Valve servers but i feel like anyone who is knowledgeable enough about TF2 to be seeking out private servers is already going to be good enough to not just be a pincushion for pubstomp snipers.

As I get around to replying to this I just got done playing against Uncle Dane himself along with a couple godly Snipers with private profiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Uncletopia's greatest crime is that they prefer Upward over Badwater