Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

Duckman2008 posted:

Ok, so I think I have enough info and it’s all posted online where I can confirm Verizon promos.

For both new and upgrade:
if you are on a premium unlimited plan:
iPhone XR or newer: $800 trade in

iPhone X or older: $400 trade in

If you are any other unlimited plan (except the cheap welcome one):
iPhone XR or newer: $400 trade in

iPhone X or older: $200 trade in

For new customers: some of the Pro models (probably the 11 pro, 12 pro and 13 pro) are getting a bump of $1000 instead of $800, but I think that is new lines only.

All discounts are, of course, over 36 months. Verizon unlocks phones after 60 days use, so for the majority of the time the phones are unlocked.

If it’s a 6 or 6S as the trade In not sure if it’ll get a trade in.

I preordered a Pro Max this morning and they offered $800 for our old XS - even with paying full retail price for the phone (so credits won't get tagged to DPP, showing up separately on bill) - I'm not gonna get boned for this am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Full ATT trade-in details:
https://tradein.att.com/offer-details

quote:

Eligible Trade-in Smartphones for $1,000 Apple iPhone 14 series (Using code TRADEOFFER22):

Must meet AT&T Trade-in Program requirements and have a minimum trade-in value of $230 after device condition assessment has been completed.
Eligible devices:
Apple: 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max

quote:

Eligible Trade-in Smartphones for $800 Apple iPhone 14 series (Using code TRADEOFFER22):

Must meet AT&T Trade-in Program requirements and have a trade-in value of $130-229.99 after device condition assessment has been completed.
Eligible devices:
Apple: iPhone XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12 mini, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max

quote:

Eligible Trade-in Smartphones for $350 Apple iPhone 14 series (Using code TRADEOFFER22):

Must meet AT&T Trade-in Program requirements and have a trade-in value of $35-129.99 after device condition assessment has been completed.
Eligible devices:
Apple: iPhone 8, 8+, iPhone SE (2nd Gen), iPhone SE (3rd Gen) X, XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12 mini, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Any idea when we will see some like gaming benchmarks?

My biggest gripe is the thermal throttling that happens on the 13 pro max. Like I get it but I’m hoping the 14 might be better?

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

MarcusSA posted:

Any idea when we will see some like gaming benchmarks?

My biggest gripe is the thermal throttling that happens on the 13 pro max. Like I get it but I’m hoping the 14 might be better?
I think typically the review embargo ends on like Tuesday before release day, so sometime next week we'll probably get hands-on reviews with whatever benchmarks could be provided there, and then otherwise, uh, once the phones are actually out in people's hands.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
Doublepostin but drat, Best Buy looks like they'd give me $700 for my 13 Pro, coming up enough short of last year's $900 that it's probably not worth it. Womp womp.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fourwood posted:

I think typically the review embargo ends on like Tuesday before release day, so sometime next week we'll probably get hands-on reviews with whatever benchmarks could be provided there, and then otherwise, uh, once the phones are actually out in people's hands.

Ok thanks! I’m not expecting anything amazing at this point tbh.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

quote:

Add a new line of service or upgrade an existing line.
so it seems like you have to upgrade your data/line plans for this deal right?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I ordered a 14 Pro because I couldn't resist enough stuff to make it worth it. One query though, I have a few of these chargers and similar that I really like. I know they don't tend to update old listings and the information says that the 13 etc won't work with the magnetic aspect which I don't care about, but will this charge my 14 Pro in the same way it does my XR at least?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

I ordered a 14 Pro because I couldn't resist enough stuff to make it worth it. One query though, I have a few of these chargers and similar that I really like. I know they don't tend to update old listings and the information says that the 13 etc won't work with the magnetic aspect which I don't care about, but will this charge my 14 Pro in the same way it does my XR at least?

Yeah, no problem. I've never gotten any new chargers since I got my X (well, I got a MagSafe I keep in my bedroom, but most are old generic Qi chargers) and they all continue to charge things. Newer ones will get you faster charging, but 5W is enough to keep it topped off during the day or charging overnight no problem.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

You'll probably want to port your number out to https://www.numberbarn.com/ and bring it back in. As all the phones support dual sims you can bring it back in as new.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, no problem. I've never gotten any new chargers since I got my X (well, I got a MagSafe I keep in my bedroom, but most are old generic Qi chargers) and they all continue to charge things. Newer ones will get you faster charging, but 5W is enough to keep it topped off during the day or charging overnight no problem.

Perfect, that's pretty much exactly how I use them. They just sit those cradles while I sleep and while I work. Thanks!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Verizon gave me $400 for my OnePlus 6T from years ago towards a Pro Max upgrade on an existing line. It sells right now on Amazon for under $200 so this was great.

Seems like an easy way to get a beefy storage phone if you wanted to only spend the price of a 128 or just save $400 after initially spending $200.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
is there any way to know in advance or something when more phones will be available to order for pickup at a store?

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Seems like there were supply issues this year. I've been upgrading through the IUP for the past several years, and after going through the pre-approval process it's been dead-simple to get the new phone on launch day. This year, the checkout process through the app was as smooth as ever (though it took a few extra minutes to get the store to load). However, I picked shipping over in-store pickup and didn't realize until my confirmation email my shipping estimate is 9/28-10/3. In-store pickups were already sold-out by the time I realized ~20 min later.

The last few years, I distinctly remember launch day delivery was still available for most models well into the day, and even still available the next day for some SKUs. This year, most SKUs were sold out within the hour.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

incoherent posted:

You'll probably want to port your number out to https://www.numberbarn.com/ and bring it back in. As all the phones support dual sims you can bring it back in as new.

i'm on a family plan with my parents and i only recently took over the account (i was paying for my phone but sending money to my mom) so i'm still trying to verify with my mom that she has some kind of discount from the old days.. so I don't wanna muck anything up by risking ATT reneging on some grandfather deal by doing this..

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Posting from my new 13 mini, these big phone lovers don’t know what they’re missing. I’m upgrading from a 2020 SE that I’m passing along to my kiddo so no big difference in size or weight but the bigger screen and better camera should be nice upgrades.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

I think it just means you have to be on a qualifying unlimited plan to get the highest trade in values.

e: I see your latest post. It definitely has to be one of their newest unlimited plans. I doubt you'd get the higher values on one of the older grandfathered plans, but I'm not entirely sure. Just a guess, because ATT likes to dangle the carrot in front of everyone on those old plans.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

CFox posted:

Posting from my new 13 mini, these big phone lovers don’t know what they’re missing. I’m upgrading from a 2020 SE that I’m passing along to my kiddo so no big difference in size or weight but the bigger screen and better camera should be nice upgrades.

I got the 12 mini, gonna hold out until this phone dies now that small phones are banned

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

I got the 12 mini, gonna hold out until this phone dies now that small phones are banned

i'd suggest snatch up a 13 mini as it has a better battery life with 5G.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Ordered my iPhone 14 Pro Max this morning, apparently more people are buying Watch S8 because it's backordered until October now.
Guess I'm glad I got in for a Sept 16th delivery for my watch.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Is the iOS 16 GM out yet?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is the iOS 16 GM out yet?

RC, yes. You need the beta profile installed.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Guess I'm glad I got in for a Sept 16th delivery for my watch.

Oh I would've had one next week too but I kept waffling between a sport band or the silver Milanese loop. Ended up going with the blue sport band on the silver aluminum watch.

Except now it comes late September, early October while the phone is next week. Ah well.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

RC, yes. You need the beta profile installed.

Yeah I have it installed wondering if I can remove it. (The beta profile.)

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 10, 2022

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah I have it installed wondering if I can remove it. (The beta profile.)

Yeah I would if I were you. If the GM that comes out next week has a higher version number than the RC you'll want to be off the beta track so you can install it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Got it thanks thread.

Glad the 14 pro didn’t come in green, I remain satisfied with my green 13 pro.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t get why the pro colors are so boring. I’m throwing down the extra cash, give me at least one vivid color, that purple is just sad

E- I’m just being a pissy baby about it, I know. My apologies.

Snowy fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 10, 2022

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

i like the purple and its the first time i've wanted a non-black iphone.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The blue 12 Pro is the best color they have ever come out with.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

jabro posted:

It really is. I love it. Shame it flies off at 70mph off any surface just by looking at it so you have to wrap it with a case.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

jabro posted:

Truth. I’m very sad to be giving mine up for a purple 14 Pro. I really love the Pacific Blue

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

jabro posted:

:yeah:

I had every iPhone up through 7, then skipped to 12, and to that point they were all black.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah I would if I were you. If the GM that comes out next week has a higher version number than the RC you'll want to be off the beta track so you can install it.

I’m pretty sure they did away with the term Golden “Master” and are calling it Release Candidate instead. So the RC = GM I think.

But yeah, once you install the RC you can delete it.

I had an issue where Siri just didn’t loving work at all when I upgraded to the RC yesterday. I had to do a restore to 15.6.1, then setup asked me if I wanted to continue to use the beta and upgraded it for me. Never seen that before. Siri works again after that. Super weird.

I had planned on doing a complete fresh install with 16 since I have some weird issues that carry forward with my backup from like the 3GS days, but once I started typing out what apps I had installed, and realized I’d have to set up all my google contact and calendar syncing (I have a bunch of subscription calendars) again, plus all my work stuff, I quickly said gently caress that. I’d also be losing all 99 seasons of Retro Bowl I’ve played since I think that’s just stored locally.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

jabro posted:

I really liked me blue 12 pro max. Back to black for me now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The 12 black kinda goes purplish in sunlight. The metal parts anyway.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Snowy posted:

I don’t get why the pro colors are so boring. I’m throwing down the extra cash, give me at least one vivid color, that purple is just sad

E- I’m just being a pissy baby about it, I know. My apologies.

Nah there needs to be one fun/silly option. I know Apple wouldn't go for an iMac-color-like electric purple but was really hoping for at least something coming from the white side like lavender or lilac instead of black adjacent "deep purple".

Oh well, at least there's always cases like this:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

That case *checks notes* slaps.

Green is the superior iPhone color I will not be answering questions at this time.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Ok thread, it's officially time for this year's conversations about why or why we did not upgrade. This is the phase before conversations around our delivery dates.

Can I ask earnestly, any 13 Pro users here putting in for a 14 Pro ?

Need the rationalization before I proceed plz

(This is a serious post)

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 10, 2022

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Inner Light posted:

Ok thread, it's officially time for this year's conversations about why or why we did not upgrade. This is the phase before conversations around our delivery dates.

Can I ask earnestly, any 13 Pro users here putting in for a 14 Pro ?

Need the rationalization before I proceed plz

I am , but I’m an edge case because I work in phones.

The irony is my stupid company literally does not allow it’s employees to buy the new iPhone until inventory is decently available for regular customers.

So I literally can’t buy the 14 Pro until probably sometime in November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have a 13 pro max and I’m on the fence. I want to see some real benchmarks before I do an upgrade.