Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC - Bryan Danielson vs. Hangman Page, AEW Dynamite 9/7

Two very good wrestlers having a very good wrestling match.

Just you know a PPV quality match on a Wednesday night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

yes agreed

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Daniel Garcia vs. Wheeler Yuta

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Wheeler Yuta (C) vs. Daniel Garcia for the ROH Pure Title - AEW Dynamite 9/7

Very good match, loved the hometown crowd cheering for their boy, finish was great, storylines continue! This is the most interested I've been in the Pure title since like the mid-2000s when Chris Hero had it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

Agreed. Love seeing these two trusted to main event and then putting on a fantastic match.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

HM: Best Friends v Triangulo de Muerte

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nth. Great Dynamite

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Wheeler Yuta (C) vs. Daniel Garcia for the ROH Pure Title - AEW Dynamite 9/7

Nth

also HM for Hangman vs B-Dan

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Very good match, loved the hometown crowd cheering for their boy, finish was great, storylines continue! This is the most interested I've been in the Pure title since like the mid-2000s when Chris Hero had it.

Just an HM for me because it was a cold match. Ending sequences were awesome though.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

HM: Best Friends v Triangulo de Muerte

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nth. Garcia/Yuta had so much emotional weight on it that I didn’t mind the cold aspects.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
some of the stuff that gets described as cold on this forum makes me think yall seriously need to rebalance your speaker levels, unless youre expecting the crowd to just scream for 20 minutes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

some of the stuff that gets described as cold on this forum makes me think yall seriously need to rebalance your speaker levels, unless youre expecting the crowd to just scream for 20 minutes

… I have been reading “cold” as “cerebral.” Don’t mind me.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

in what world was the crowd cold on garcia/yuta. there were way into that match lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Do you guys not know what a cold match means? It means there wasn't any big build-up angle to it. Nothing to do with the crowd. They were rabid for their hometown guy and it added a ton to the match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Best Friends/Orange Cassidy vs. Death Triangle, AEW Dynamite, 07/09
MOTYC: Hangman Page vs. Bryan Danielson, AEW Dynamite, 07/09
MOTYC: Wheeler Yuta vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, 07/09

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dango Bango posted:

Do you guys not know what a cold match means? It means there wasn't any big build-up angle to it. Nothing to do with the crowd. They were rabid for their hometown guy and it added a ton to the match.

It was the third match in a sequence between these guys, who are in opposing factions in a broader feud. I don't know how it could have been built up further.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

NJPW Burning Spirit (09/06)
HM: Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & TAKA Michinoku vs. Ryohei Oiwa, Kosei Fujita & Yuto Nakashima

This is the young lions' first time performing in front of a vocal crowd and they really drank in the moment. They all got a chance to shine and they all got to go toe to toe with Suzuki.

HM: EVIL, Yujiro Takahashi, Murder Machine SHO & Dick Togo vs. Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, YOH & The DKC

The House are so loving over. YOH is really coming to his own in this feud. There were some absolutely ridiculous spots. The DKC was probably the star of the match and it's amazing how quickly Korakuen have taken to him.

HM: Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi & El Desperado

The very different dynamics between SANADA/Taichi and Naito/ZSJ carry this match, which is even better than the LIJ/SZKG match from yesterday despite switching Hiromu for BUSHI.

HM: Shingo Takagi & Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Phantasmo & KENTA

Great main event to cap off two wonderful nights of pro wrestling featuring one of the most creative ways to break up a pin that I've seen.

Fantastic show, probably better than last night. The crowd was louder. It felt like everyone was having even more fun. The angles were funny. Highly recommend the whole show.

Yeah agreed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Nth these.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nth this loving owned. So good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
5th March
Impact Sacrifice
Alex Shelley vs Jay White

Terrific stuff

HM
12th August
Pro Wrestling FREEDOMS Jun Kasai Presents Shin-Kiba Death Match Carnival 2022 Vol.2
Daisuke Masaoka & Soul Meat (Tomoya Hirata & Toru Sugiura) vs ERE (Drew Parker, Toshiyuki Sakuda & Violento Jack)

This was more of a teaser to the Tokyo Death Match Carnival Vol.2 clash for the Tag Titles between Soul Meat & ERE, but still really good deathmatch action

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: AJ Styles vs. Mustafa Ali vs. The Miz, Raw 8/1
HM: AJ Styles vs. Ciampa, Raw 8/1
HM: Ciampa vs. Bobby Lashley, Raw 8/8

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i thought the roh garcia vs yuta match was much better and with a much hotter crowd but w/e

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
31st March
GCW Planet Death
Thumbtack Kickpads & Lighttubes Deathmatch
AKIRA vs Cole Radrick

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

Nth. Strong episode

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Aussie Open vs. Ace Austin and Chris Bey, Impact on AXS 9/8

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
19th June
Sendai Girls The Sky Is The Limit
Chihiro Hashimoto vs Maria

HM
19th June
Sendai Girls The Sky Is The Limit
DASH Chisako & Kaho Kobayashi vs Red Energy (Mika Iwata & Miyuki Takase)

HM
26th May
Ganbare Pro Crazy Thunder Road 2022
Ken Ohka, Shigehiro Irie & Shuichiro Katsumura vs Kouki Iwasaki, Soma Takao & Yumehito Imanari

HM
2nd August
New Japan G1 Climax 32 Night 10
Hirooki Goto vs KENTA

MOTYC
2nd August
New Japan G1 Climax 32 Night 10
David Finlay vs Will Ospreay

This year's G1 sure feels like it's not at the same level as past years. I only started keeping a spreadsheet last year but after 10 nights I had 11 MOTYC & 10 HMs, this year I'm at 8 MOTYC & 10 HMs, so not a huge difference. But last year there was Shingo vs Ishii at *****, Tana vs Okada at ****¾, & both ZSJ vs Naito & ZSJ vs Shingo at ****½. This year Taichi vs Ishii is the best match through 10 nights, at ****½. Wish I'd kept a spreadsheet from earlier so I could compare to 2019 but definitely seems like there has been less stuff that's hit the top level.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The 4 block 28-man field really hurt it, there were too many people there just filling up numbers and it kept the best workers spread too thin so there were less big name matches

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

The 4 block 28-man field really hurt it, there were too many people there just filling up numbers and it kept the best workers spread too thin so there were less big name matches

This is exactly how I felt. I had trouble tracking stories and kept forgetting who was in what block. I hope they go back to 2 blocks next year.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If they do stick with four blocks then go all the way to 32 so at least they can have four matches all from the same block per night (and some eight match double block nights) to make it easy to follow. 28 is a weird number

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Also they scheduled it so you had no way of knowing how the blocks were actually progressing.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I hope they don't do 4 blocks again

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, when NOAH did 4 blocks last year they had a field of 16. And it was fine, it meant you only had to see 3 Kendo Kashin matches. If there were much bigger blocks of 4 that would have been interminable.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kashin's three matches were leagues better than Mutoh having two of his three matches go to a time limit draw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

Also they scheduled it so you had no way of knowing how the blocks were actually progressing.

Yeah hadn't Chase had 3 matches before Tom Lawlor even started? It made no sense

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Kashin's three matches were leagues better than Mutoh having two of his three matches go to a time limit draw

I tried to forget Mutoh was even in the tournament

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: AJ Styles vs. Bobby Lashley, Raw 8/15
HM: Drew McIntyre vs. Kevin Owens, Raw 8/15
HM: Dolph Ziggler vs. Theory, Raw 8/15
HM: Chad Gable vs. Kevin Owens, Raw 8/22
HM: Damian Priest vs. Edge, Raw 8/22

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
AEW Dynamite 7/9/22

HM: Death Triangle vs Best Friends & Orange Cassidy
HM: Bryan Danielson vs Hangman Page
HM: Daniel Garcia vs Wheeler Yuta

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Women's Fatal 5-Way elimination match, WWE Smackdown 9/9/22

They fed pretty much the entire Smackdown Women's roster to Ronda. In like 5 minutes.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 9/9

HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin
MOTY: Dax Harwood vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'