Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They're removed groups from the homepage, loving stupid as poo poo, especially when I'm still on XboneX and don't have all the suspend functions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bushisms.txt posted:

They're removed groups from the homepage, loving stupid as poo poo, especially when I'm still on XboneX and don't have all the suspend functions

That sucks. I use the gently caress out of groups.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

bushisms.txt posted:

What the gently caress??

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

man this is some complete bullshit :mad:

https://twitter.com/Gabor_117?t=5fDFbMJMBbEWjWuN9ZAr6w&s=09

Oh he deleted the tweet, here a mirror:
https://v.redd.it/wa6c3e5gtwm91

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 10, 2022

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What's the problem? I don't even see what's new compared to what we have now tbh

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It's the Microsoft way. Gotta force update UIs and remove features people use.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

John F Bennett posted:

What's the problem? I don't even see what's new compared to what we have now tbh
Without customization/groups and just dumping all the ads and tiles onto one screen like Netflix/Gamepass/whatnot is not quite how my Xbox UI looks atm?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
If they did remove customization then that is indeed very stupid, but I must have missed the bit that made you think they did?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

SpiderLink posted:

If they did remove customization then that is indeed very stupid, but I must have missed the bit that made you think they did?

The new UI isn't coming out officially till next year, there's still time for them to tweak stuff from insider feedback so I wouldn't fret about the lack of pins right now.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's obviously not a problem yet, but I still wonder what goes on in the designers' minds to pick that as a starting point.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Death Stranding is a game thats interesting mechanically (even if cars control wrong somehow) but hoooo boy does it just fall apart as it goes into its narrative heavy part. Really loved multiple mandatory credit scenes!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

You couldn't pay me to play Death Stranding.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Well that's good cause I don't think anyone was offering you money to play Death Stranding.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Aww really? I had my PayPal loaded up and everything

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They couldn’t pay me either because they know I’d play it for free and it wouldn’t make economic sense

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I don't think I'd like DS but it's good Kojima got his post MG weird passion project out of the way so now he delivers an instant classic for his Xbox project.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I don't think I'd like DS but it's good Kojima got his post MG weird passion project out of the way so now he delivers an instant classic for his Xbox project.

lol that's a bigger fantasy than expecting a young Lindsay Wagner to show up on a beach with you. Whatever he's got cooking with Microsoft is going to be even more polarizing and insane, guaranteed. I can't wait to play it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

univbee posted:

lol that's a bigger fantasy than expecting a young Lindsay Wagner to show up on a beach with you. Whatever he's got cooking with Microsoft is going to be even more polarizing and insane, guaranteed. I can't wait to play it.

I hope TGS has something about it. Also, that's a stupid analogy. I'd much rather have current Lindsay Wagner show up on a beach.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lammasu posted:

I hope TGS has something about it. Also, that's a stupid analogy. I'd much rather have current Lindsay Wagner show up on a beach.

Old, young, so long as she still talks about Super Mario.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was playing with friends and said "if this is the final boss of death stranding, this is gonna leave a sour taste in my mouth" and anyway my face is puckered up like a lemon sucker

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The ending of DS owns dude what’s wrong with you?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
DS is about the journey not the destination. And amazing sound effects/menus.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Well, at least the gameplay parts of it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

The ending of DS owns dude what’s wrong with you?

The final boss fight does not.

I mean I also don't care for the ending for a pile of reasons mostly around pacing, delivery, and some smaller bits n bobs but that final boss fight is just should not be.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’ll be honest there’s like 6 wildly different boss fights at the end of DS and I don’t really remember which one is the “final” one but I remember having fun with it at the time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

I’ll be honest there’s like 6 wildly different boss fights at the end of DS and I don’t really remember which one is the “final” one but I remember having fun with it at the time.

There is a mandatory Whale BT that serves as the final boss fight. You are in nearly effectively no danger during the entire fight and it has a large healthbar so the fight is lots of standing still, wait for it to poke out, then hold down the fire button until out of ammo. It completely chunks the vibe of getting back to the games start.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I might be completely missing something, but how do I access the Quake 2 expansions through the game in gamepass?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

I might be completely missing something, but how do I access the Quake 2 expansions through the game in gamepass?

IIRC were just add-ons accessed through the menu like the other DLC content they threw in like the machine games level pack

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Barudak posted:

IIRC were just add-ons accessed through the menu like the other DLC content they threw in like the machine games level pack

I'm not seeing anything in any menu in-game, nor am I seeing any options or add-on content on the game's page in the Xbox app.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
The last boss of Death Stranding is a disconnected America. You beat it by creating ziplines everywhere.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Says a lot about society

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mainly, that it needs more ziplines.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I kinda got a little bored by DS just walking all over and getting chased by ghosts or rogue ups deliverymen.

I do like chucking a package in their face for the KO though.

The game looks amazing and has a level of polish that you never see on games so that’s impressive.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Merry Jugoya

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Old Xbox One havers, rejoice, for the next Assassin's Creed game (Mirage) will also be on Xbox One.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gross

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Also the one after will apparently be set in Japan.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

BisterdDave posted:

This on console? No Quake 2 there, just the new remaster. Should be in add-on menu there.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

They updated the newer AC icons on Xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

MJBuddy posted:

This on console? No Quake 2 there, just the new remaster. Should be in add-on menu there.

This is on PC.