Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Haven’t found an Eli Valley yet

Rob Israel

“God Save The Lizard Queen. RIP Queen E-LizardBeth.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rowe 1:

Gough Whitlam and Sir John Kerr. As the Queen's representative Governor-General Kerr dismissed the Whitlam government in what was the greatest political crisis in Australian history: 1975 Australian constitutional crisis a.k.a. "The Dismissal".
I'm the lovingly rendered dog assholes.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Murdstone posted:

lovingly rendered dog assholes.

don't dox my band

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature

Murdstone posted:

lovingly rendered dog assholes.

New thread title?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Vib Rib posted:

Republicans want death.

There was a political cartoon a couple of months back when Roe was overturned and it had a Republican saying that they were the true party of women's rights because they wanted the death penalty for rapists.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Democracy Isn't a La Carte

quote:

The most effective Republican talking point against Joe Biden’s attempt to forgive outstanding student loans is that people who didn’t go to college shouldn’t have to pay for those who did.

So the eternal question: Is Rall also too stupid to realize how debt forgiveness works? Or is he purposely lying to help boost Republican talking points?

quote:

November is only a month away

What the gently caress? Did I sleep through all of September?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I want to nominate all the non-lizard head obit cartoons for worst. Jesus, they’re all so lazy and disinterested and don’t have anything to say other than “Britain sad, so sad, yay, I get an early break to go golfing”

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Things political cartoonists know about the Queen:

1) British
2) Dead
3) Corgis
4) Uh...gently caress, liquor store's closing, better finish up this cartoon

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/executive-orders

Kellies nomination: worst opposite-of-reality
This took all of half a minute to find. You have to go back to Grover Cleveland (1897) to find a President who issued fewer per year.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Victar posted:

Britain is a mob of suicidal lemmings except for the one queen lemming that is already dead? Is that what this cartoon is trying to say?

Well. I mean…

gestures vaguely across the channel, Liz Truss standing at the base of the cliffs of Dover, wading through poo poo-filled waters to push a rubber dinghy back into the channel

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Gen. Ripper posted:

New thread title?

It's definitely a good description of cartoons in general

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

LordSloth posted:

Rob Israel

Fuckin owns

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
wanted to see if our old friend Carlos Latuff had done something suitably offensive but honestly this seems kinda reserved for him

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the accession of King Charles III – The reign of King Charles III has begun, with the new monarch travelling to London to meet the prime minister"

Telegraph:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

A Bean Dad cartoon

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Angepain posted:

Jimmy Margulies

If I had a penny for every inappropriate use of dinosaurs (complex, well-adapted and resilient organisms that still flourish in great numbers today) in a metaphor by political cartoonists I would be dead, my entire body crushed flat under tons of worthless and useless pennies.

LordSloth posted:

Rob Israel

Lord Hydronium posted:

Things political cartoonists know about the Queen:

1) British
2) Dead
3) Corgis
4) Uh...gently caress, liquor store's closing, better finish up this cartoon
5) dang she'd have made a cool lizard.

Sort of pissed off that conspiracy theorists have so badly tarnished lizard people now, imagine how many more cool lizard politicians we'd be able to enjoy per year without their creeping antisemitism rubbing its greasy fingers everywhere.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Saint Sputnik posted:

A Bean Dad cartoon

i mean he is at least explaining how the can opener works, even if it apparently took until age 17 or so for him to get round to it

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Raised By Birds posted:

My supporters have hands growing directly out of their shoulders!

Why is he dripping cum though?

Ambitious Spider posted:

I still don't get how you can be all "we need tough strong men for hard times" and choose Donald loving Trump as your spokesperson.

:psyduck:

Because he says out loud all the things they wish they could say out loud, and he experiences no negative consequences for it, which they also wish for themselves. He doesn't get punched in the face, he's not losing any work, everyone is still convinced he's got Scrooge McDuck levels of wealth.

It's alot of the same reasons people idolize Rick Sanchez or Dr. House; They're unrepentant assholes who say and do whatever they want, and more often than not are entirely vindicated for it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Saint Sputnik posted:

A Bean Dad cartoon

Bean Dad wouldn't share the can opener wisdom of panel 2

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've been wildly busy so here's some cartoons. Charlie Hebdo's getting its own Queen post for having a gently caress-ton.

China Daily

The real agenda by Cai Meng

Charlie Hebdo

"Unemployed for the fatherland!"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is the funniest political cartoon I've ever seen

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Winslow should get that yellow eye checked out.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Charlie Hebdo released a bunch of archived comics so I'll put them up. Some feature some rather graphic nudity which has been censored and marked, so just be aware.

Released for her death:

And now Charles III!
"That at least gives us some closer end of reigns."

Betrayed by her corgis!
"Call Paris-Match, we're going to make a gently caress-ton of money!"

Despite inflation, Elton John makes a beautiful gesture:
"I'll do it for the same price as Princess Diana."

The following are archived comics about the queen:

London: Buckingham prepares for after Elizabeth II
"For sale 10000 very ugly hats: Bet 1 euro."

:nws: Queen's old butt

Elizabeth II 70 year long reign:
Her diamond-encrusted bedsores will go to Camilla.

After 70 years: A 77000 m2 nursing home for one small old woman.

:nws: Queen butt

The last days to draw the Queen of England
"Everyone will get a go!"
"You shouldn't have bothered if it was to draw that."

Jubilee: A hologram of Elizabeth II in her carriage
"Does she think she's Melenchon or what?"

:nws: Queen's breast

The truth behind Elizabeth II's jubilee
"You wore me out, I'm going to miss mass."

:nws: Queen's breast

Elizabeth II: Raped by a regiment of Cossacks the night of her jubilee
That's what you get when Europe's not unified!

London: After having had her daughter-in-law assassinated, she beats her grandson to death!

Another ugly hat for the Queen.

The Queen's lets her mask fall away
"Get back you, 'dirty arabs'!"
I've gone with a 'gentler' slur. I've been told the word written is an equivalent to the usage of the n-word for people of Arabic descent.

:nws: Queen's vagina and anus

Is the Queen of England racist?
"What does one have to do to get with the times?"

Brexit: Whose fault?
"Maybe I shouldn't have shown my butt to 'Charlie [Hebdo]'."
"According to the polls, that hardly an impact, your Majesty."

Brexit: The English call for a second vote
"...Do I have to change my hat?"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Charlie Hebdo: not egde-lords but edge-kings!
:barf:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Do you want a lot of words or one big word?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I love how Ramirez has been churning out cartoons for months/years about how MAGA republicans are the bane of the party (how many Q shaman caricatures has he drawn since 1/6?) but as soon as Biden says the same thing, suddenly he circles the wagons.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Drakyn posted:

5) dang she'd have made a cool lizard.

Sort of pissed off that conspiracy theorists have so badly tarnished lizard people now, imagine how many more cool lizard politicians we'd be able to enjoy per year without their creeping antisemitism rubbing its greasy fingers everywhere.
Sorry V was a really cool mini series, and like all fascists David Icke had to rip off an existing piece of pop culture to launder his anti-semitism through.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

wizzardstaff posted:

I love how Ramirez has been churning out cartoons for months/years about how MAGA republicans are the bane of the party (how many Q shaman caricatures has he drawn since 1/6?) but as soon as Biden says the same thing, suddenly he circles the wagons.

He's finally got his dream job as "Wise GOP Grandpa." He gets to do the same thing for dems he's always done, but doesn't have to stay on top of this week's culture war bullshit or lunatic Trump defense like McCoy and Lester, who are trying to stay relevant to "the base."

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kellies Nomination: Best edit/parody

This is rad.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hate to be that guy, but don't lizards blink horizontally?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

Do you want a lot of words or one big word?

“Student loan bribes” will never not be both funny and telling. “Don’t you guys get it! These people in government are only helping you so you’ll elect them!” no poo poo, that’s what government is supposed to do. Republicans are so used to being actively and purposely hurt by the people they vote for they can’t comprehend elected officials doing things for the people who vote for them

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wizzardstaff posted:

It's a great example of why trying to appeal to the "sensible moderate Republicans" is a fool's errand, because no matter how much they gripe about the MAGA wing of their party, they hate the Democrats even worse.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kikas posted:

Hate to be that guy, but don't lizards blink horizontally?

These are lizard PEOPLE

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

NICE.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

my PMs on Tumblr posted:

Hey, I hate the queen as much as the next guy, but the whole “lizard people” thing is an antisemitic dogwhistle

Jesus tumblr lighten up

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's a far older antisemitic conspiracy theory that the British nobility are the real Jews and therefore the Jews are something else.

Just have those two cancel out. Jews are the real Jews. British royals are the real space lizards.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Is there even one single thing in that giant word cloud that Biden or the Dems are/support?

Oh and since it deserves to be nominated, since I just remembered it exists,

Raised By Birds posted:

Gary Markstein

Kellies nomination: Worst Queen Elizabeth II Cartoon. Motherfucker just went "Wasn't there something about the queen and a cartoon bear? Gotta be Winnie the Pooh, no reason to double check."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

Is there even one single thing in that giant word cloud that Biden or the Dems are/support?

I think Dems qualify as "woke" but that's because the word, in the crazed tongue of the right, has lost all meaning beyond "not explicitly agreeing in writing that the world should belong to wealthy white men."

I genuinely don't think any of the folks who use woke as a pejorative can define it, because it's a thought-killing word to them. It's like "libs" except they still think it means something.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

“Student loan bribes” will never not be both funny and telling. “Don’t you guys get it! These people in government are only helping you so you’ll elect them!” no poo poo, that’s what government is supposed to do. Republicans are so used to being actively and purposely hurt by the people they vote for they can’t comprehend elected officials doing things for the people who vote for them

Y'know, I'm starting to think my boss only pays me money so that I'll come in and do work for him :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

the_steve posted:

Y'know, I'm starting to think my boss only pays me money so that I'll come in and do work for him :thunk:

Makes sense that the party which insists that actually spending money on your constituents is the same thing as bribing them is also the party which insists that only doing the work you’re assigned is the same thing as quitting