Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/1568132248347758592?s=46&t=V1mu-fQjz36rjbcRcQXIwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The smashed up wings are a nice touch.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
gently caress. I need that.

I haven’t had the Sailor Moon sodas, but I have had a few of those DBZ sodas. The grape Trunks was great and the vanilla Vegeta was surprisingly pleasant and not as overly sweet as I expected.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

RevKrule posted:

I don't have specific interest in this but if they sell it in the park, I will 100% be coming home with one.

I would just order it on sideshow. The parks up the prices so much it’s insane. Brand new that thing will probably be 700 bucks

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Vaporware posted:

You're in luck the God Gundam just got released as a Real Grade kit, it should be hitting hobby stores any day. It's their most up-to-date and articulated design released yet.

https://twitter.com/BandaiHobbyUS/status/1479597434284044289

That’s awesome! Hopefully I can find one next month.

Is Real Grade easy enough to put together for someone who hasn’t had a Gundam in nearly twenty years? It was Deathscythe Hell back when Gundam Wing was still airing new episodes.

EDIT: Looks intimidating, but it looks like it could be a good project.if I’m patient.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 9, 2022

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Saw this big beautiful bastard on bbts this morning, not gonna pick it up but dang it looks amazing.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1568284369877610496?s=46&t=3L5JGM00Nly-P-WdvPenSw

This is cool. I always vaguely wanted a good Jack Skellington but wasn’t super impressed with the ones available. I know Super 7 will do these justice!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That Jack pose is them very specifically calling out a subset of people who'd be going 'but what about articulation'

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

I would just order it on sideshow. The parks up the prices so much it’s insane. Brand new that thing will probably be 700 bucks

Out in Florida I’ve never seen any high end Marvel collectibles at Disney shops, but Universal has them. They’re all at least twice the price.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
That Spidey might not go up on Sideshow. It’s a D23 item, so might be sold only there.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

CelticPredator posted:

Avengers Campus prices on things aren't that much out of sync with reality and I get a very nice discount on things in the park which is why I saids what I saids.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I guess they don’t sell the higher end stuff like at universal so it probably won’t even be there honestly.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

CelticPredator posted:

I guess they don’t sell the higher end stuff like at universal so it probably won’t even be there honestly.

They actually do, the store at avengers campus has a whole area for higher end collectables (at least at Disneyland). The sell rate might suck and maybe the stock rotates fairly quickly but there's definitely high end statues and stuff.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Open Marriage Night posted:

That’s awesome! Hopefully I can find one next month.

Is Real Grade easy enough to put together for someone who hasn’t had a Gundam in nearly twenty years? It was Deathscythe Hell back when Gundam Wing was still airing new episodes.

EDIT: Looks intimidating, but it looks like it could be a good project.if I’m patient.

There really is no such thing as a tough Bandai model. They're all very well designed, fit together without glue or paint, and have very clear instructions. The one thing that might be intimidating for new or lapsed modelers is that Real Grades have a lot of very small parts. So they aren't great for young children. Also, a single RG leg has more parts than that entire Deathscythe Hell you built. So it takes a lot longer.

But if you're interested go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

edit: to make the comparison clear, here are the instructions for the kit you built, and a page of instructions for that RG God Gundam. As you can see, if anything the instructions for the RG are clearer and more helpful. They even have English instructions!

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 9, 2022

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

RevKrule posted:

They actually do, the store at avengers campus has a whole area for higher end collectables (at least at Disneyland). The sell rate might suck and maybe the stock rotates fairly quickly but there's definitely high end statues and stuff.

I figured but that goon said they didn’t and I haven’t been to AC.

Anyway tho even with discounts I honestly would snag it via another site. Even places near Disney and universal uptick the price way too high imo. I went looking for a rocket and groot HT set and at universal it was 600 bucks. I ended up finding it on eBay for 300 new so lol

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

So long story short I’m still broke from a vet bill, but I got refunded some money from getting my kids laptop repaired that just so happened to be the amount of the Figma SS Link, so I ordered it from BBTS, but it still says it’s a preorder. Are these not in the states yet? Shiroc, how’d you get yours? I think you’ve explained it but I’ve been kinda avoiding The Thread of Questionable Financial Decisions, but I figured this was already considered money spent and really want that drat thing. Just wondering if I should be patient or cancel. Says it’ll be this month but bbts doesn’t seem to give much more than vague estimates and I know some of y’all have had problems with them re:preorders taking months longer than anywhere else :)

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Also, gotta plan ahead for those loving Nerf pulse rifles next month, haven’t heard anything from Hasbro plus, kinda regretting ordering them now

Anyway, have a pic of a healthy happy kitty!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Bulgaroctonus posted:

So long story short I’m still broke from a vet bill, but I got refunded some money from getting my kids laptop repaired that just so happened to be the amount of the Figma SS Link, so I ordered it from BBTS, but it still says it’s a preorder. Are these not in the states yet? Shiroc, how’d you get yours? I think you’ve explained it but I’ve been kinda avoiding The Thread of Questionable Financial Decisions, but I figured this was already considered money spent and really want that drat thing. Just wondering if I should be patient or cancel. Says it’ll be this month but bbts doesn’t seem to give much more than vague estimates and I know some of y’all have had problems with them re:preorders taking months longer than anywhere else :)

I had gotten it from amiami who ships from Japan https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-129818. Even with shipping, it might end up cheaper than BBTS but they won't tell you the shipping cost until they are prepping it to go and bill you.

That said, it is a nice figure and the decision and the details of your financials are in your hands but I wouldn't call it a Spend All The Money You Have Available Figure.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Shiroc posted:

I had gotten it from amiami who ships from Japan https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-129818. Even with shipping, it might end up cheaper than BBTS but they won't tell you the shipping cost until they are prepping it to go and bill you.

That said, it is a nice figure and the decision and the details of your financials are in your hands but I wouldn't call it a Spend All The Money You Have Available Figure.

Thanks! And no, as I said it was money I already thought was spent so I’ve budgeted around it, I’m more wondering about time frame. Would it actually get here sooner from Japan? Seems weird but from my understanding reading some of y’all’s posts BBTS can get stuff way after it’s available pretty much anywhere else. :)

Oh, and can anyone speak to Hasbro pulse? Am I getting any heads up before those pulse rifles ship?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I looked at pics and videos and went back and fourth on whether or not I wanted it. I bit the bullet, and I am not disappointed.

Just awesome.

I still kick myself for passing on their Punisher when it was announced, now that sucker sells for hundreds of dollars. Didn't want the same thing to happen here. (i did something wrong with the photos, he's not that bobble headed in person)

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Thanks! And no, as I said it was money I already thought was spent so I’ve budgeted around it, I’m more wondering about time frame. Would it actually get here sooner from Japan?

It is in stock in Japan. If you ordered today, it would take a few days for amiami to process it, then depending on your shipping speed and location, it could be there in a few more days. I've gotten stuff from amiami through dhl two days after it got picked up in Tokyo.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joe Fisto posted:

I looked at pics and videos and went back and fourth on whether or not I wanted it. I bit the bullet, and I am not disappointed.

Just awesome.

I still kick myself for passing on their Punisher when it was announced, now that sucker sells for hundreds of dollars. Didn't want the same thing to happen here. (i did something wrong with the photos, he's not that bobble headed in person)

The KO on Aliexpress and the like are almost exactly the same. I believe the molds for a lot of the early One:12 stuff are in the hands of bootleggers who crank them out still cheap. Mezco I believe changed factories soon after so newer stuff isn’t KO.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The problem with BBTS is that they will state something is arriving this month, and when the month ends, they just update the listing to say the next month. Happens literally all the time.

I had some Invader Zim figures on preorder for well over a year from BBTS. Hell, might have been closer to two years. Every months, it'd just state the new month until they finally canceled them last month.

Anyway, amiami is amazing. Spring for the DHL shipping. It is cursed teleportation technology.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Also, gotta plan ahead for those loving Nerf pulse rifles next month, haven’t heard anything from Hasbro plus, kinda regretting ordering them now

Anyway, have a pic of a healthy happy kitty!

I'm glad the kitty is ok. Was he at the vet for his huge balls?

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm glad the kitty is ok. Was he at the vet for his huge balls?

Lol, no it’s cause he’s old but ya gotta let ya nutz hang

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I hadn't noticed the cat scrote till y'all pointed it out.

Glad the kitty's ok/sorry about the bill.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Pancake man is cool

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1568617369148456960?s=46&t=nnPdvEvU5QLB6ETnFiLmcw

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Comics sanctorum is having a big last chance sale that includes a BUNCH of spider verse 3rd party figures, as well as a bunch of other ones.

Might be worth checking out. Shipping's a bitch (international) but you can get a wolverine clone from Logan for like 30 bucks.

I think there's a "sign up for our newsletter get 10 bucks off" thing you can do as well.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Well look who arrived from Sideshow before his overseas release.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Comics sanctorum is having a big last chance sale that includes a BUNCH of spider verse 3rd party figures, as well as a bunch of other ones.

Might be worth checking out. Shipping's a bitch (international) but you can get a wolverine clone from Logan for like 30 bucks.

I think there's a "sign up for our newsletter get 10 bucks off" thing you can do as well.

I can't get the points you get for signing up to apply at all.

EDIT: the checkout keeps defaulting back to HKD which isn't what I want to check out in, and none of the discounts want to work. Is this site even legit?

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 10, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Well look who arrived from Sideshow before his overseas release.

Did you get the throne one or just Boba?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Did you get the throne one or just Boba?

Just Boba. I've no room for dioramas.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Does anyone know when the Book of Boba Fett S. H. Figuarts Boba will go up for preorder in the UK?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I can't get the points you get for signing up to apply at all.

EDIT: the checkout keeps defaulting back to HKD which isn't what I want to check out in, and none of the discounts want to work. Is this site even legit?

99% sure it's legit. No idea what's up with the codes though. Maybe cause they are on clearance? I've gotten the stuff I've ordered from them, they seem to be a sister site of toyswonderland.com.

The hkd thing is annoying as hell though. I kept having to go to the top of the page and change it over through the whole checkout last time.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

It’s amazing how often Robo or someone will do a review of the various Fortnite bods and leave me wanting it despite having never played the game. Whoever does the character designs must be having so much fun because most of them look ridiculously appealing and toyetic.

Unbearably Stinky
Jan 8, 2022
It's a cool figure, but man the pricing on the Hasbro Fortnite figures is kinda nuts. Retail price on that guy is over $40 after tax. Fortunately they're mostly shelf warming and get mega discounted eventually. I paid less than $10 a figure on the first wave. Even at $30 for Mancake, I'm waiting. He'll eventually show up at Ross for like $15.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

He does come with a big cannon accessory. I would like them to have standard and deluxe releases for these guys, I don't need the cannon.

Unbearably Stinky
Jan 8, 2022
Absolutely. No idea why they packed in a cannon and then packaged his glider separately for an additional $25. It's real stupid. Some of the Mcfarlane fortnite figures had pack in gliders and I dont think they were more than $30. Granted that was a whole *five* years ago, but still...

Mancake and glider for $70? Fuuuck that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I've played the game a bit, it was fun being Goku shooting people with an AK, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan. I guess there's in game lore that people are into and I have no clue what any of it is.

Robo was mentioned and I am in the same boat with him, the characters are cool looking. I don't really care for the human figs, all of the non-human ones so far have been pretty cool looking. The pumpkin guy coming out soon looks nice. They kinda fit in on my X-Men shelf too, since a guy made of pancakes could definitely be a mutant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I got my order in for made-to-order 2nd run Grizzlor. I feel a sense of relief knowing that eventually I will get that toy. Kudos to Mattel for doing the right thing and not limiting the production run this time.