Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

I too am poison to the Miami dolphins when i attend

Same, I've watched both losses in England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I attended all but like two home games from 2000-2019, I don’t know what the record of that is but I don’t rule out being a significant portion of the problem for the post-Marino years.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Back in 2010 my gf (now wife) got us really good tickets to the Jets game on MNF for my birthday. Well we lost, and a couple weeks later she surprised me with tickets again (this time against the Steelers) because she wanted me to see the Dolphins win. These were, very understandably, much worse seats because money was tight back then.

So I tell one of my coworkers that I'm going to the game on Sunday and he says he'll be there too because one of his vendors is from Pittsburgh and they got a skybox at the game and invited him, so we made plans to meet up at halftime. We get to the game and we're way up in the nosebleeds, but the Dolphins jump out to an early lead and things are looking good. At halftime I give my buddy a call and we meet up at the concessions. He tells me there's plenty of room in the skybox and invites me and my gf to come by.

I go and tell my gf the ~good news~ and she stares into my soul and says "what's wrong with the seats I got us?" Now on one hand I'm clearly loving up here. But on the other hand, I've never been to a skybox before and the Dolphins are winning so I can't pass up this opportunity.

We get there and of course the Steelers start mounting a comeback. They end up down 2 on the goal line late in the 4th. Then this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRInQyUV16k

The refs gently caress up what is a clear fumble and recovery, the Steelers get the TD, everyone in the skybox is celebrating and high fiving, my gf is staring daggers into me, and I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

One other quick story: my friend's wife went all out for him on his 40th birthday and got him first row lower bowl seats plus a limo to the game. It ended up being the Tebow Appreciation Night game.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills have won everyone home game I've had the good fortune to attend. I saw Jim Kelly lead a game-winning drive against the Giants (17-14, in 1993.) Then I saw them beat the Lions in 1997, complete with Barry Sanders being buried for a safety(22-13 Bills). Then I saw them beat the Dolphins in '05, then the Vikings in '06 (I saw Troy Williamson completely stone-hand the game-winning TD in person :smug:), then the Jets in '07, and finally the Raiders in '08.

I also saw the Bills get absolutely dumpstered by the Ravens in Baltimore in '04. The most "exciting" part of that game was seeing our shiny new quarterback milling about on the sideline as Drew Bledsoe sucked out loud J.P. Losman was, in fact, so much worse.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I have attended two nfl games.

Patriots @ 49ers in 2016, 30-17 win

Patriots @ Falcons in 2016, 34-28 win

So far so good!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

is pepsi ok posted:

Back in 2010 my gf (now wife) got us really good tickets to the Jets game on MNF for my birthday. Well we lost, and a couple weeks later she surprised me with tickets again (this time against the Steelers) because she wanted me to see the Dolphins win. These were, very understandably, much worse seats because money was tight back then.

So I tell one of my coworkers that I'm going to the game on Sunday and he says he'll be there too because one of his vendors is from Pittsburgh and they got a skybox at the game and invited him, so we made plans to meet up at halftime. We get to the game and we're way up in the nosebleeds, but the Dolphins jump out to an early lead and things are looking good. At halftime I give my buddy a call and we meet up at the concessions. He tells me there's plenty of room in the skybox and invites me and my gf to come by.

I go and tell my gf the ~good news~ and she stares into my soul and says "what's wrong with the seats I got us?" Now on one hand I'm clearly loving up here. But on the other hand, I've never been to a skybox before and the Dolphins are winning so I can't pass up this opportunity.

We get there and of course the Steelers start mounting a comeback. They end up down 2 on the goal line late in the 4th. Then this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRInQyUV16k

The refs gently caress up what is a clear fumble and recovery, the Steelers get the TD, everyone in the skybox is celebrating and high fiving, my gf is staring daggers into me, and I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

That might have been the game which saw a Steelers WR catch the ball, take five steps and lose it only for it to be ruled he didn’t make a “football move” so it was incomplete and not a fumble.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I also saw the Bills get absolutely dumpstered by the Ravens in Baltimore in '04. The most "exciting" part of that game was seeing our shiny new quarterback milling about on the sideline as Drew Bledsoe sucked out loud J.P. Losman was, in fact, so much worse.

https://youtu.be/ehjfzXDF6oo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

That might have been the game which saw a Steelers WR catch the ball, take five steps and lose it only for it to be ruled he didn’t make a “football move” so it was incomplete and not a fumble.

There were so many bad calls in favor of Pittsburgh that game it was impossible not to note the head ref was from Pittsburgh.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1568627734221410304

Moar Monez for Poyer. No idea if this increases the likelihood of an extension or keeps him happy as he plays out his contract.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1568618171493392385?t=YAbYj4gJEhliMVJxX4cUHw&s=09

Let's check that forecast for tomorrow:

Lookin good :coolfish:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Enjoy the humidity on the sunny sideline patriots muhaha

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Enjoy the humidity on the sunny sideline patriots muhaha

https://twitter.com/Chris_Spatola/status/1568645366786195456?s=20&t=xgMYbDX4gMmmFk0Xs-mK9g

I wonder at which point it's going to become unsafe to play football games outside in our climate hellscale

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/Chris_Spatola/status/1568645366786195456?s=20&t=xgMYbDX4gMmmFk0Xs-mK9g

I wonder at which point it's going to become unsafe to play football games outside in our climate hellscale

The covering and shade makes such a difference. The price is $100+ over the open sun behind the patriots bench. It’s a pretty filthy advantage.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Raymond James doesn’t have the sun covering like Joe Robbie and it still makes a huge difference whether you’re sitting on the East or West side of the stadium.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My four year old's Pre-K had a "football day" on Friday where they were encouraged to wear gear of their favorite teams. He said everyone was wearing green 2s.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

fsif posted:

My four year old's Pre-K had a "football day" on Friday where they were encouraged to wear gear of their favorite teams. He said everyone was wearing green 2s.

What did your son wear

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I couldn't find any Bills shirts on Long Island so I just gave him my old Bills cap that I wore as a kid. He got pretty fixated on the numbers of the shirts so I asked if he wanted a 17 or a 14 and he said he wanted a 16. So… Isaiah Hodgins youth jersey, it is.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

I couldn't find any Bills shirts on Long Island so I just gave him my old Bills cap that I wore as a kid. He got pretty fixated on the numbers of the shirts so I asked if he wanted a 17 or a 14 and he said he wanted a 16. So… Isaiah Hodgins youth jersey, it is.

Craig Nall erasure

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

My 4 year old wanted #1 on his but I just put our last name on it because he wouldn’t understand the Gardner on the back.

There’s are only Pats and Giants fans around here.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also green is his favorite color and he seemed pretty captivated by the notion of GREEN shirts with numbers on them so I might have a crisis on my hands.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

t a s t e posted:

Craig Nall Brad Smith erasure

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

Also green is his favorite color and he seemed pretty captivated by the notion of GREEN shirts with numbers on them so I might have a crisis on my hands.

There’s gotta be some tacky st pats bills poo poo

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I guess my experience growing up on Long Island was pretty similar, except it was everyone wearing green Starter jackets while I wore a blue one

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
https://www.nflshop.com/mens_fanati...BMaAqFeEALw_wcB

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/DanielOyefusi/status/1568691135006277634?s=20&t=znCOcW7fHfDBQouM8I-qmQ

So probably no Eric Rowe.

And then...I'm not sure who else is being held out. Waddle is off the injury report. Van Ginkel, Davis, Conner and Ahmed were the others listed as questionable.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Conner I would assume

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1568683235185672193

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I feel like that's better news than I was expecting. Obviously still a small disaster, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

I feel like that's better news than I was expecting. Obviously still a small disaster, though.

self inflicted disaster.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

For the Jets “hoping to return as soon as week 5” means he’s returning in week 10.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The league should switch to white jerseys at home so I can finally enjoy Miami in their not ugly uniforms more than once a season.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Tua Tagovailoa criticized for Josh Allen’s underthrown passes

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Perfectly normal, like all other young QBs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This post owns.

quote:

In a nutshell, many are saying that Tua couldn’t make that underthrown pass if he tried.

Can't believe many are really saying Tua couldn't make this throw.

https://youtu.be/y-4PvOILXaw

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

This post owns.

Can't believe many are really saying Tua couldn't make this throw.

https://youtu.be/y-4PvOILXaw

This comment is almost as good as the title:

quote:

Now the narrative is that Tua can't underthrow a pass?  Incredible.

What, would his pass be 10 yards short?  20 yards?  Get the f*&# out of here. 

Listen, Allen is an incredible QB but the knock on him coming out was he was not terribly accurate.  He has obviously improved but is anyone surprised that he threw a couple of bad passes, perhaps regressing for a play or two?  Not me.  I'd be happy to have him a Dolphin, don't get me wrong, but to say Tua can't underthrow someone by two yards is just silly.

:classiclol:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

please stop posting things from my blog

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It is absolutely insane how people truly want Tua to fail. It’s kinda weird.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I'm just thankful that Dolfans are out there keeping Josh Allen accountable.
You won't believe how soft Bills fans are on this guy. They treat him like the prince charming of the league or something but it's time to admit as a Bills fan that poo poo WAS underthrown.

I mean Josh needs to learn from that and take some goddamned pride in his craft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

It is absolutely insane how people truly want Tua to fail. It’s kinda weird.

I want you to close your eyes. Picture Tua dropping back to throw a pass and as he releases it the ball immediately starts to wobble. Now imagine that pass landing ten yards short of its intended target. Can you see it? Bouncing hopelessly off the turf as fans starting booing? Can you see him? I want you to picture Tua. Now imagine he's Mac.