Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yay, I have Golden Guff and Golden Dawngrasp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Because I love you:

### 40 Kings
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 1x (1) Paralytic Poison
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (1) Prize Plunderer
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Silverleaf Poison
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (2) Blade Flurry
# 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade
# 1x (2) Nitroboost Poison
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 2x (4) Tinker's Sharpsword Oil
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (7) Mr. Smite
#
AAEBAYO6AgqRvAK77wL8owPz3QOB5AOs6wOh+QO/gASa1ASX7wQP1AXuBqgIrxDl0QLVjAOqywP31APn3QOp6wOSnwT3nwSpswS3swT90wQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Firebert posted:

I wonder if Shaman will still play Kael (if that deck is even playable), since you can still Kael-Bolner-Denny? No shot Druid runs it since Guff is still gonna be played in all ramp.

Double doubt on Shaman, as
1) Shaman will still be dead because Snowfall is just awful, and
2) having the multiple ways to combo was important for that deck, especially because the 40 health was necessary.

The only reason Druid was sometimes running Kaelthas was to sometimes hedge for if you didn't draw Guff, but after enough games it turned out this was not necessary and going all in on finding and playing Guff was better. After the nerf I don't see the end result changing, but the reason for not playing Kaelthas of course is now different.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Denathrius enables some really interesting things with 2x quests. Got the divine shield quest and the double end of turn quest that gives you the murloc that repeats battlecries.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Yeah, I hit the quest that gives a minion's stats to one in the tavern when you sell it with the stacking +1/+1 quest last night and ended the game with like a 700/700 Elise lmbo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

L0cke17 posted:

Denathrius enables some really interesting things with 2x quests. Got the divine shield quest and the double end of turn quest that gives you the murloc that repeats battlecries.

Why is it on the end? Golden triggers battlecries to the right as well

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Finished the Battlegrounds questline with a first place Akazamzarak Dragon build. Didn't mind doing the quests and it was fun doing something different but yeah I can't be bothered with 20-30 min games every time let alone learning a different meta. Back to standard!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

This was my BG questline win. Staff of Origination (+15/15 at start of combat) and double golden Tarecgosa were very loving strong.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

And that's why Staff of Origination just got nerfed to +12/+12.

Finally got my own 1st place - two in fact, back to back. Rokara/Evil Twin and Cookie/Stolen Gold, both running Mexodia. Oddly the Rokara win was much easier, even though the quest was harder (20 minions die vs 7 Mechs/Murlocs) and had a less useful reward for the comp - an extra big Deflecto is nice, but not as good as gold Buster and Baron for free.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Pray you get me as an opponent for your next arena run. Years of playing this game off and on, and 7 is my one time high from a norm of 2-3 wins. Even when I have what I think is a lucky pool and build some nice combos, I feel hopelessly outclassed after a third win.

Back in the day I read guides and breakdowns trying to get better, I remember them! I don't play regularly enough to learn metas, i usually use the deck it gifts me when I come back to the game.. so arena should be perfect for me! guess I figured I'd get better with time, but that does not seem to be so!

Meet me in the arena then, chances are when I conclude my deck sucks and so do I I'll just burn all my moves completing quests, then face attack your minion to suicide. Just trying to burn through these tavern tickets and put this behind me. Sucks to suck!

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

Why is it on the end? Golden triggers battlecries to the right as well

:dogstare:

Because I didn't read the golden one.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Pretty happy about this patch, didn't really touch the decks I like to play. Fingers crossed for the reign of quest priest

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Bizarrely, the Kael’thas change is a buff for Quest Priest. As long as you play your seven first, you can play him as your eight, complete the quest, play a 1- or 2-drop, then play the quest reward right away without giving your opponent a chance to Theotar or Mutanus it.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Playing Druid last night, I didn't even notice the Guff change. Totally irrelevant nerf.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

BRJurgis posted:

Pray you get me as an opponent for your next arena run. Years of playing this game off and on, and 7 is my one time high from a norm of 2-3 wins. Even when I have what I think is a lucky pool and build some nice combos, I feel hopelessly outclassed after a third win.

Back in the day I read guides and breakdowns trying to get better, I remember them! I don't play regularly enough to learn metas, i usually use the deck it gifts me when I come back to the game.. so arena should be perfect for me! guess I figured I'd get better with time, but that does not seem to be so!

Meet me in the arena then, chances are when I conclude my deck sucks and so do I I'll just burn all my moves completing quests, then face attack your minion to suicide. Just trying to burn through these tavern tickets and put this behind me. Sucks to suck!

Recommended to use a simple tierlist to assist with your draft, such as https://www.heartharena.com/tierlist

Just following the values will set you up with a deck good enough to grab wins, even without knowing the meta or all the available cards.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I been working on this all day. it's bad. I'm having a lot of fun with it:

### 40 Kings
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Silverleaf Poison
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Blade Flurry
# 1x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 1x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 1x (2) Double Cross
# 1x (2) Evasion
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 1x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAEBAYO6AhCoCJG8AuXRAt/jArvvAvyjA865A6zrA6H5A/uKBOWwBKmzBJrUBLjZBNzaBJfvBAzUBe4GrxDVjAOqywP31APn3QOp6wOSnwT3nwS3swT90wQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

AnacondaHL posted:

Recommended to use a simple tierlist to assist with your draft, such as https://www.heartharena.com/tierlist

Just following the values will set you up with a deck good enough to grab wins, even without knowing the meta or all the available cards.

Thanks for trying to help. I'd used something similar years before with a different pool, figured I'd gotten it down but perhaps not. Value>Combos until I need to think about curve, grab a few removals AOEs or silences, BAM. I may just have irredeemably poor instincts in anything but the most cultivated deck.

I had a demon hunter run where I lucked out on "for every minion you play/minion that dies while this is in your hand" cards and "give cards in your hand +x", complementing tons of aggressive low cost monsters & "spawn 3 whatsits" spells, battlecries, & deathrattles. Ended a few with a 20+/20+ gargoyle thing they couldn't remove (+1/1 every dead minion) until I won my way out of my weight class.

I'll keep trying either way, at least until I'm out of tickets. Is there a school of thought on curve?

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
These recent arena metas have had large class imbalances, so it's worth looking at the overall class winrates on hsreplay.net if you're trying to win. For instance, the top class atm is mage at 52.2%, while rogue is all the way down at 42.1%. The difference is probably less wide for a given player, but it's still big.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Luff posted:

These recent arena metas have had large class imbalances, so it's worth looking at the overall class winrates on hsreplay.net if you're trying to win. For instance, the top class atm is mage at 52.2%, while rogue is all the way down at 42.1%. The difference is probably less wide for a given player, but it's still big.

I don't follow arena as sharply, but has mage EVER been sub-par in it?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Desert Bus posted:

Do Whizbang/Zayle decks update or are they attached to the expansion they came out in?

Zayle.shouldn't since it was specifically the villains decks from the League of Evil.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desert Bus posted:

Do Whizbang/Zayle decks update or are they attached to the expansion they came out in?

Whizbang does but it’s still only usable in Wild

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Yestermoment posted:

I don't follow arena as sharply, but has mage EVER been sub-par in it?

I was playing a lot and paying attention to winrates when arena had buckets, and I remember the overall mage winrate dropping below 50% at least once. It was towards the end of that system, so probably early 2019. Overall, though, almost never, I think.

Edit: Looks like mage was subpar for a bit in '21 and '20 when I wasn't playing:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HSReplayNet/status/1266782715564527616

https://mobile.twitter.com/ben_heathstone/status/1374313727596584961

Luff fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 11, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

New build, 8-2 in Casual Wild:

### 40 Kings
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (1) Silverleaf Poison
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Blade Flurry
# 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 1x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 1x (2) Double Cross
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 1x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Vanish
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAEBAYO6AhDEAagIkbwCu+8C/KMDzrkDqesDrOsDofkD+4oE5bAEqbMEmtQEuNkE3NoEl+8EDNQF7gavEOXRAtWMA6rLA/fUA+fdA5KfBPefBLezBP3TBAA=
#

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 11, 2022

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Finally got a Battleground win. Bullshit.

Edit: The beast Deathrattle exploit has to be called what it is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 11, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just got mine with Denathrius, Stolen Gold and Staff of Origination in a lobby with dragons. Only saw one Tarecgosa but it was early enough to not be a problem with the support from two golden mantid queens.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

meatpimp posted:

Edit: The beast Deathrattle exploit has to be called what it is.

What exploit?

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Toshimo posted:

What exploit?

Probably that Ritual Dagger gives a permanent boost to any beast that dies while it has the Leapfrogger DR on it, which seems like an unintended reaction until you consider that it makes Sneed slightly less worse. Get it early enough in the lobby and all of your beasts bloat to the point of nigh unkillability especially once you have parrot shenanigans going.

I hesitate calling it an exploit only because if it only applied to native deathrattles Sneed would suck worse than he already does.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
It works when you magnet a Replicating Menace onto something too, so it's definitely intended.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I don't know if it's a lack of refinement for the cooler decks, but the patch did the opposite of making the game more interesting for me. Imp+Curse warlock is kinda fun, but I could do without the absolutely boring highroll aggro decks.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 12, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Oenis posted:

I don't know if it's a lack of refinement for the cooler decks, but the patch did the opposite of making the game more interesting for me. Imp+Curse warlock is kinda fun, but I could do without the absolutely boring highroll aggro decks.

Aggro decks are easier to make and play and after a change, they have been nearly always the most popular. In a week or so, the streamers will have had time to perfect the control/slower decks and those will begin to show up.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Navaash posted:

Probably that Ritual Dagger gives a permanent boost to any beast that dies while it has the Leapfrogger DR on it, which seems like an unintended reaction until you consider that it makes Sneed slightly less worse. Get it early enough in the lobby and all of your beasts bloat to the point of nigh unkillability especially once you have parrot shenanigans going.

Following up, I finally got to try this myself last night. Easiest 2nd place ever. The only reason I didn't win was because the winner was playing Al'Akir and got Theotar's Parasol, so his golden Baron was completely hidden and I was unable to find Zapp (and it would have been a crapshoot if I could have even hit him, because it was just as likely I would have slammed the Rat Pack first, to say nothing of that Zapp wouldn't have even killed him the first time around and would have had to survive a whole go around to get another shot).

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
what would battlegrounds look like if neutrals were sometimes excluded from the pool, like any other tribe?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

peer posted:

what would battlegrounds look like if neutrals were sometimes excluded from the pool, like any other tribe?

Much worse. Why would you want that?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
This format seems pretty sweet since the nerfs. The only deck I really hate playing against is Miracle Rogue, which seems to have fallen off over the last few days, and there are multiple decks I’m having fun playing. Surprisingly, the Curse Imp deck feels really fun. I hated the straightforward Imp Aggro version because it felt like you might as well give up if you ever fell behind on board, and I hated Control Curse because of how reactive and passive it is, but the hybrid of the two hits the sweet spot. Sometimes you curve out and tempo them out with minions and buffs, and sometimes you do 10-15 damage with minions then fall back to dealing the rest with Curses. It probably doesn’t have the gas to deal with a deck that has a lot of dedicated healing, but it’s comfortingly versatile against most everything else.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

peer posted:

Assuming you mean just neutrals, and also not tribe-specific neutrals: Beasts, pirates, and menagerie would be basically bottom 4 bait (beasts would be slightly playable if you get Dagger online quickly). It would come down to murlocs killing any tribe that didn't reliably have access to Divine Shield, and even then gold Young Murk-Eye + gold Swolefins would probably be enough to overwhelm almost anything. George would be OP and possibly have to be banned.

If you're deleting tribe-specific neutrals as well, that's a whole other can of worms. Murlocs still maintain their power because they don't have any. No Nadina undermines the entire dragon build. Demon early game is undercut due to no Wrath Weaver and no Soul Juggler. Elemental scaling would be entirely dependent on getting Rag. Mechs probably do okay except for losing Apprentice, but every game would devolve into Deflect-o/Mecherel refresh chains. Naga, no change outside of the minor loss of Orgozoa. Quillboar depends on if you ban Agammagan or not - if you remember, initially he was coded to not appear if Beasts were banned.

But yeah, just my amateur thinking about it for 15 minutes says this probably isn't a good idea.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

bravesword posted:

This format seems pretty sweet since the nerfs. The only deck I really hate playing against is Miracle Rogue, which seems to have fallen off over the last few days, and there are multiple decks I’m having fun playing. Surprisingly, the Curse Imp deck feels really fun. I hated the straightforward Imp Aggro version because it felt like you might as well give up if you ever fell behind on board, and I hated Control Curse because of how reactive and passive it is, but the hybrid of the two hits the sweet spot. Sometimes you curve out and tempo them out with minions and buffs, and sometimes you do 10-15 damage with minions then fall back to dealing the rest with Curses. It probably doesn’t have the gas to deal with a deck that has a lot of dedicated healing, but it’s comfortingly versatile against most everything else.

I don't see any functional change with Gruff/Druid. Seems like the same deck to me.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
activision apparently sent out a new survey, and streamers are getting real mad...

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Last King posted:

activision apparently sent out a new survey, and streamers are getting real mad...

There's also an offer at the end to (potentially) have a zoom call with Devs and you get 20 packs as compensation for such. I did not opt, as I had said "the pass is vomit coming out a dog's rear end" and I don't think I can elaborate further. :shrug:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Does anyone have a list for the Aggro DH mentioned in the last VS podcast? Relic DH is fun but I'm facing too many Theotars right now :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Boatswain posted:

Does anyone have a list for the Aggro DH mentioned in the last VS podcast? Relic DH is fun but I'm facing too many Theotars right now :saddowns:

:ssh: (this is probably the list that will be published tomorrow) :ssh:

### Aggro Nathria
# Class: Demonhunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Metamorfin
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
# 2x (2) Bibliomite
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Fossil Fanatic
# 2x (2) Multi-Strike
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Magnifying Glaive
# 2x (3) Predation
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
#
AAECAea5AwKHiwT7vwQOwvED9PYDifcD9fgDtp8EyZ8E4aQEjrAEiLIEmLoEwMoEpeIEq+IExuIEAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net