Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

QuarkJets posted:

Psycasts that are simply good additions:

A "word of" that boosts healing speed
A "word of" that boosts immunity

I'd put these under the "broken" category too, it's a 300% boost which means you can recover from basically anything in a day. For comparison, the Ideology Preach Health power is a 25% boost on a three day cool down. I had a pawn on a wandering daze mental break get hit by malaria and they reached full immunity without ever getting treated.

bird food bathtub posted:

With VPE, I never spend psy points on anything except unlocking trees, and then pumping the unholy bejeezus out of psy stats. With enough silver and trade caravans you'll eventually be able to buy all the actual spells, you can't use the same process to buy umpteen-stupid-hundreds of heat cap, 20% psyfocus cost reduction and boosted meditation recovery. Sometimes I will spend a point to unlock another kind of meditation, usually artistic if they don't have it, but I usually just work with what they've got on types and let the meditation boost sort it out.

Unlocking trees is the worst way to spend points because psytrainers unlock the tree automatically for free. Grab extra meditation foci instead, you can stack multiple. You can "buy" heat capacity with the necro psycast but the focus cost reduction is nice if you can get it high enough so it's still worth boosting stats.

El Spamo posted:

Jesus christ the list of game-breakers is twice the list of ordinary psycasts.
I should give it a go just to experience the pure powertrip of it all. I mean, I'm a pretty wimpy player as it is and usually bounce back and forth between adventurer and community-builder difficulty depending on how pressured I feel. Maybe some Gandalf-level magic can give me an edge lol

VPE is only super broken if you go tribal and build around the anima tree for easy psylinks, because the XP curve soft caps your leveling through meditation. Otherwise it's really strong, but you'll struggle to get psylink neuroformers for that first psylink level, and start having to make real choices on how to specialize the few casters you do have. Even if you make everyone a yeoman for the free psylink you still have to deal with that soft cap, while tribals can keep boosting with the tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
The staticlord line for VPE is insanely strong. Not terribly long ranged but it has a chain lightning ability that jumps between a lot of targets an stuns them for quite a while. Between that and a colonist with the fire eyebeam psycast basically everything is either stunned, on fire or stunned and on fire that attacks me.

edit: vanilla psycasts is cool and I love it thematically, but wow is it unbalanced with tribals since everyone can be a psyker with amazing abilities on demand. I probably will only use it with neuroformers in the future.

Carcer fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 10, 2022

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Anyone have any tips on how to get started in the SOS2 start where you're dropped into an abandoned station? I keep running up against resource shortages and spiralling

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I remember reading someone else try it a bunch of times and eventually settling on the strategy of getting to the planets surface ASAP. Forget everything else, get down there, you can eventually come back up.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
So after the Griffin Valley Tribe fought off a 300+ insect raid with literally no problems whatsoever I have decided that colony is done and started a new one.

But this one is different from every colony I've ever played before because I finally bought Ideology and Royalty. In the hopes of replicating the incredibly enjoyable clusterfuck of my first ever colony, I haven't read up or YouTubed anything about either of the expansions and have just been dealing with things as they show up.

A duchess was running from a manhunting cat and said she'd make someone something called a "Yeoman" if we saved her. Well, we did, and she immediately took off in a shuttle and then another shuttle landed and a bunch of machine-gun dudes and a guy in a robe "bestowed" this title on me from the "Dominion of God." gently caress yeah, we're on the side of God, bitches!

Then my yeoman started getting sad because they weren't something called "Oloustur's Cleric." So I made them that. Now they are sad because they aren't wearing cleric clothes. So we're working on that! Also we built a monument to some woman's aunt that is just a bunch of granite flagstones surrounded by wooden walls. I guess her aunt is a famous sweeper or something?

So I have a question that I don't want to look up because well I know myself and I know I'll just info-binge and ruin all the wtfs that are doubtless coming on this playthrough. My yeoman got a psylink put in their brain and now they spend like 1/2 their time meditating in front of a statue. They got three or four new abilities when they got this, preach health, convert, etc. I don't see anything happen to the psy-bar when I cast one and they have a mutual 17 (iirc) hour cooldown.

Are these abilities psycasts, or are they abilities I got from being a yeoman and psycasts are something different? I keep reading about these casts that can make a freezer, freak out an animal, etc. How do you get these? Do you just keep doing things for the nobles that send you quests or is there an item you can find/craft that will add these to your colonist?

I'm also for the first time trying to pay attention to my colony's wealth and keep it as low as possible where normally I have 8000+ raw jade and 10,000+ raw gold just sitting around in a vault somewhere. I'm destroying all the weapons raids bring in, everyone's got 1 gun and 1 sidearm, I'm not maintaining large stockpiles of material and instead mining out just what I need, etc. Anyone got any tips about how to keep your wealth in food down? I'm having my cook just make 10 simple meals at a time and replace when we drop to 5 and only have 2 small fields (corn & rice) to fuel those meals, but I'm starting to pile up 1000+ corn/rice in the barn and I'm worried that I'm going to end up so food-rich I start getting dangerous raids before we have our defenses finalized. Anybody got any tips or tricks for managing food wealth in this situation? I'm very nervous at the idea of clicking "Don't allow sowing" on either of those fields because, well, loving Rimworld, that's why.

Also from what I remember if items are on the map at all they count toward your wealth, such as a pistol dropped by a raider that's outside your walls and forbidden red-Xed still counts towards your colony's wealth. Is this also true of raw food, or could I dig out a barn somewhere in a hill, fill it with corn, and delete the stockpile zone it's in and have all that food suddenly not count? That would be great but I'm betting it works the same way as raider stuff and if it's on the map it counts.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I usually set my kitchens to maintain 4 meals per colonist. It's enough wiggle room that prisoners can be fed without letting anyone go hungry. That way I'm not sitting on thousands of silver of cooked meals. Also if you aren't using it yet, look into the Farming Hysteresis mod, which lets you set caps and minimums for crops. Farm fields will turn off planting automatically once above the cap, and turn on below your set minimum. Very handy for wealth control!

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

JonathonSpectre posted:

So I have a question that I don't want to look up because well I know myself and I know I'll just info-binge and ruin all the wtfs that are doubtless coming on this playthrough. My yeoman got a psylink put in their brain and now they spend like 1/2 their time meditating in front of a statue. They got three or four new abilities when they got this, preach health, convert, etc. I don't see anything happen to the psy-bar when I cast one and they have a mutual 17 (iirc) hour cooldown.

Are these abilities psycasts, or are they abilities I got from being a yeoman and psycasts are something different? I keep reading about these casts that can make a freezer, freak out an animal, etc. How do you get these? Do you just keep doing things for the nobles that send you quests or is there an item you can find/craft that will add these to your colonist?

Convert and preach health are actually from an Ideology role, probably the cleric. It's completely separate from the psylink or being a yeoman.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

your yeoman probably only has stun at this point which shows up in the ui when drafted

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

JonathonSpectre posted:

So after the Griffin Valley Tribe fought off a 300+ insect raid with literally no problems whatsoever I have decided that colony is done and started a new one.

But this one is different from every colony I've ever played before because I finally bought Ideology and Royalty. In the hopes of replicating the incredibly enjoyable clusterfuck of my first ever colony, I haven't read up or YouTubed anything about either of the expansions and have just been dealing with things as they show up.

A duchess was running from a manhunting cat and said she'd make someone something called a "Yeoman" if we saved her. Well, we did, and she immediately took off in a shuttle and then another shuttle landed and a bunch of machine-gun dudes and a guy in a robe "bestowed" this title on me from the "Dominion of God." gently caress yeah, we're on the side of God, bitches!

Then my yeoman started getting sad because they weren't something called "Oloustur's Cleric." So I made them that. Now they are sad because they aren't wearing cleric clothes. So we're working on that! Also we built a monument to some woman's aunt that is just a bunch of granite flagstones surrounded by wooden walls. I guess her aunt is a famous sweeper or something?

I'm also for the first time trying to pay attention to my colony's wealth and keep it as low as possible where normally I have 8000+ raw jade and 10,000+ raw gold just sitting around in a vault somewhere. I'm destroying all the weapons raids bring in, everyone's got 1 gun and 1 sidearm, I'm not maintaining large stockpiles of material and instead mining out just what I need, etc. Anyone got any tips about how to keep your wealth in food down? I'm having my cook just make 10 simple meals at a time and replace when we drop to 5 and only have 2 small fields (corn & rice) to fuel those meals, but I'm starting to pile up 1000+ corn/rice in the barn and I'm worried that I'm going to end up so food-rich I start getting dangerous raids before we have our defenses finalized. Anybody got any tips or tricks for managing food wealth in this situation? I'm very nervous at the idea of clicking "Don't allow sowing" on either of those fields because, well, loving Rimworld, that's why.

Also from what I remember if items are on the map at all they count toward your wealth, such as a pistol dropped by a raider that's outside your walls and forbidden red-Xed still counts towards your colony's wealth. Is this also true of raw food, or could I dig out a barn somewhere in a hill, fill it with corn, and delete the stockpile zone it's in and have all that food suddenly not count? That would be great but I'm betting it works the same way as raider stuff and if it's on the map it counts.

You've got 2 things going on at the same time

1) Your yeoman got a psylink, this is why they're meditating sometimes. This is from Royalty. If you keep giving them Honor (the Empire will offer Honor sometimes as a quest reward, or will send a trader sometimes that gives Honor in exchange for gold or slaves) then they'll become more royal and gain more psylink levels, but their royal demands will become greater. 1 of their abilities is a psionic ability from this psylink, I think it's the Bio tab where you can see all of a character's psionic powers. Most psionics are only usable while the pawn is Drafted. You can click on their title and see what their current demands are and what their future demands will become (e.g. throne rooms of a certain size, bedrooms of a certain size, certain apparel, refusing to do certain work types, etc). Certain title levels also convey Permits, which are special abilities (not psionic) that the Empire provides, such as being able to summon a squad of soldiers to fight for you, a drop of glitterworld meds, etc. So you have to take better care of that pawn because of their royal title but they're considerably more powerful than most other pawns.

2) You also assigned your yeoman as your colony's cleric. This is from Ideology. Every colonist eventually wants their colony to have a person in this role (cleric, priest, whatever) and will have a negative moodlet until you assign the role. The cleric is the leader for most other rituals. Those 4 new abilities (preach health, convert, reassure, counsel) are Cleric abilities, they have nothing to do with your Yeoman status and are not psycasts; all 4 are on a combined cooldown.

Every time that you get a new psylink level, you'll gain 1 new psycast of the appropriate level. You can also buy new psycasts from traders (tribals won't usually have these but the empire and other advanced groups may).

There's an alternative way to get psycasts that's probably not available to you right now: characters with a tribal background are able to use Natural focus types. If a person with Natural meditation type meditates next to an Anima tree (every map has 1) then Anima grass will begin to grow around it. Once enough Anima grass grows you can use the tree to give a pawn 1 psylink level. This is repeatable. When you start a new game you can choose Tribal Start if you want to try this out

If you're worried about a silo full of corn attracting raiders then just trade it away. You can gift things to other factions, even hostile ones. Once you have drop pods, you can just cram a drop pod full of stuff you want to get rid of, in the process exchanging Wealth for Reputation, which is handy. At 1000 food I wouldn't worry much, food is relatively low-value and it's good to have a stockpile in case your map suddenly can't be farmed.

You won't be able to get rid of wealth by just hiding it in a mountain, unless you also throw a molotov in there to burn it all away. That is one strategy: build a room outside with stone walls, put stuff in there, make sure it's not in your Home Zone, then set fire to it. You can also destroy equipment in a crematorium or smelter. You can also manage loot wealth the same way that you should manage food wealth: by trading it to other factions. Trade lets you convert loot into stuff that you can fight raids more effectively with, like armor and weapons. Good will does not count as wealth but sufficient good will lets you summon trade caravans and combat allies to your map (sometimes they'll just show up when you're in trouble, or they can be summoned with a Comm Console).

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 10, 2022

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
is it ever even worth building a crematorium

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Crematoriums are integral parts of my colonies. But most of my silver wealth comes from harvesting organs from the recently deceased. My people don't eat long pork and they have no need for human leather. So after the corpses are butchered, I just burn the bodies.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i mean... feed em to the dog or throw em in the bog

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
How do you guys have your Schedule menu set up? I've been using this one stolen from Reddit ages ago:

(Last row is setup for Night Owls.)

I like it well enough but this was before the Royalty DLC so there's no meditation scheduled and I haven't found a good way of blocking out time for it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I don't mess with schedules much but would like to hear what other people do and why

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I set up the twice a day sleeping schedule a lot of people on youtube/twitch use these days. Keeps everyone at a high baseline of sleep and recreation and it's a lot easier to deal with raids/whatever at any time of the day. With Achtung! you can just force someone to complete work if you need to. Works amazingly well at keeping people happy

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

moot the hopple posted:

How do you guys have your Schedule menu set up? I've been using this one stolen from Reddit ages ago:

(Last row is setup for Night Owls.)

I like it well enough but this was before the Royalty DLC so there's no meditation scheduled and I haven't found a good way of blocking out time for it.

Generally except for night owls or married couples I just set it all to "anything". In the case of night owls I set a few hours to sleep in the morning to (hopefully) get them to sleep through the day. With married couples I set them both to have a simultaneous hours sleep, so they can "get some lovin'" by being in the bed at the same time.

I suppose if I set a simultaneous recreation time I could boost socialization within my colony, but that honestly seems like too much bother for to little gain. After all, the assholes in my colony will just insult each other more which could lead to more frequent mental breaks.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I usually make sure couples have 2 hours overlapped sleep, depending on circumstance 1 hour might not be enough to get any, I hosed this up on a colony once and they ended up breaking up despite becoming lovers almost immediately

I think I should start making sure the whole colony recs at the same time so they can chill & become pals and/ or get into massive fist fights, that's pretty strong. Doing a 2 hour and leaving the rest anything should be fine

isndl
May 2, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

is it ever even worth building a crematorium

With early to mid game colonies it's generally unnecessary, but as you approach late game raids start getting big enough that if they hit in succession you're running out of space to dump the bodies. If your colony doesn't have some other use for bodies (food or modded stuff), might as well put your pawn labor into burning them instead of hauling to the rear end end of the map.

Molotovs work but they're a bit more micromanagement than setting a bill and letting the problem work itself out. Clearing out bodies is also good for your TPS since you're not calculating decay on hundreds of corpses anymore (some performance mods will outright delete corpses).

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
The only time I use forced work on the schedule is for slaves, and I don't use slavery very often.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Viscous Soda posted:

Generally except for night owls or married couples I just set it all to "anything". In the case of night owls I set a few hours to sleep in the morning to (hopefully) get them to sleep through the day. With married couples I set them both to have a simultaneous hours sleep, so they can "get some lovin'" by being in the bed at the same time.

I suppose if I set a simultaneous recreation time I could boost socialization within my colony, but that honestly seems like too much bother for to little gain. After all, the assholes in my colony will just insult each other more which could lead to more frequent mental breaks.

I had a prisoner that was kinda good looking skills but she kept breaking out of prison. On the third break out I just said "gently caress it, you're going down" and hit them with the mind break psycast or whatever that turns them into a mindless thrall that doesn't sleep, doesn't need recreation, gets +100 mood all the time and, supposedly, has very little social interaction, and to make clothing/equipping them easier I flipped them on to the nudist setting.

Few months later my cybered-out-to-a-truly-ludicrous-degree psyker melee monster colonist that everyone else just, kinda, avoids and gets negative social values towards shacks up with the mindless thrall and now they're married. Been like three years and still going, uhh, strong? I don't get it but hey it works for them, I just try not to think about some of the details too much.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Interesting about the cremation, I usually would either keep cold storage shelving for animals that can eat corpses to eat, or a dump stockpile in a nearby marsh, or just a graveyard.

Even when I was playing normal games I never had a normal strategy that got me to the space ship, tbh. The closest I made it was forming a caravan that traveled idk half a year before I had to settle a few weeks short due to the food running out. It then became a huge pain in the rear end because it was a snowy extreme desert in the mountains with a small stream somehow. On the upside my several pyromaniacs weren't a problem in the least. It was a cool map too.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

moot the hopple posted:

Far too much recreation, you'll have maxed out recreation for the day with about 3 hours as I've experienced it.

I like that short nap schedule, I'm going to try that out.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

So the Mind Break spell in VPE is even more broken than I thought because it's kind of buggy.

Mind Break instantly captures a pawn and adds the Thrall trait, which gives them a +100 joy modifier. The spell also lobotomizes them, so most work types are disabled. No cooking, tailoring, etc. They make fine cleaners/haulers and can still do Art (finger-painting I guess???)

If you Enslave that pawn then they keep the +100 joy modifier, gain even more joy from Slave Expectations, and all of the complex work types are enabled again.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

HelloSailorSign posted:

Far too much recreation, you'll have maxed out recreation for the day with about 3 hours as I've experienced it.

That doesn't really matter because they will stop doing activities when recreation is full, and treat the remaining scheduled period as "anything".

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

HelloSailorSign posted:

They don't spend all that time on recreation. Like Duct Tape Engineer says they fill up their bar and move on. Sleep and recreation are blocked out that way to ensure that people who get up at a different times due to quick sleeper, injuries, etc. get up whenever they need to and then fulfill their recreation for their day before heading off to do whatever.

Like I said, it works well enough but I'm still working out a good setup to include meditation without losing out on the flexibility.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
I need a new official expansion to get excited to start a new colony... There haven't been any news about it, have there?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I haven't had problems with meditation in my schedule. Set their psyfocus desire to 100% and let it ride. They seem to balance "99.7% is close enough" and placing meditation at a high individual priority really well without me. I do make a point of having a meditation chamber with a whole pile of different meditation types available and at high values for each kind. It seems they all stack on each other, maybe?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
You passively lose more psyfocus per day if your psyfocus is high, so I usually just set my focus target to 25% or so in the early game when it’s just a yeoman with one weak power. Later once I can build a strong meditation room and have enough powers to actually care about then I go for 100%.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

isndl posted:

With early to mid game colonies it's generally unnecessary, but as you approach late game raids start getting big enough that if they hit in succession you're running out of space to dump the bodies. If your colony doesn't have some other use for bodies (food or modded stuff), might as well put your pawn labor into burning them instead of hauling to the rear end end of the map.

Molotovs work but they're a bit more micromanagement than setting a bill and letting the problem work itself out. Clearing out bodies is also good for your TPS since you're not calculating decay on hundreds of corpses anymore (some performance mods will outright delete corpses).

I hadn't considered how useless human corpses would be without mods. In my current game I have a mod to turn them into chemfuel and also Vanilla Genetics Expanded, so there's the option of extracting genes from them or using the bodies for geneframes.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

I haven't had problems with meditation in my schedule. Set their psyfocus desire to 100% and let it ride. They seem to balance "99.7% is close enough" and placing meditation at a high individual priority really well without me. I do make a point of having a meditation chamber with a whole pile of different meditation types available and at high values for each kind. It seems they all stack on each other, maybe?

Yeah you get stacking bonuses for the same kinds, up to some cap.

But you lose psyfocus faster the more you have, so I usually don't set psyfocus desire to 100% - 75% is usually plenty. I have psycasters carry Go Juice because that also restores a bit of psyfocus

If you need psyfocus for big spells you can always set up your ideoloigion to have a ceremony that restores psyfocus to 100%, then just use that occasionally. With Vanilla Psycasts Expanded this is an insane combo because a lot of the broken stuff takes 50%-90% psyfocus

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Burning Rain posted:

I need a new official expansion to get excited to start a new colony... There haven't been any news about it, have there?

None that I've heard

But the Vanilla Expanded guy does such a good job that some of his mods feel like official expansions. Strong recommend for Vanilla Factions Expanded: Pirates, it's probably the closest to what I'd consider a real-deal expansion

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Vanilla Genetics Expanded is similar. VFE: Mechanoids is also definitely up there in terms of content, but I'd offer that with a heavy caveat of being willing to tweak the mechanoid invasion settings since they will absolutely clobber a newer or more conservative player who isn't ready and willing to do regular military expeditions.

isndl
May 2, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

None that I've heard

But the Vanilla Expanded guy does such a good job that some of his mods feel like official expansions. Strong recommend for Vanilla Factions Expanded: Pirates, it's probably the closest to what I'd consider a real-deal expansion

It's not all made by one guy, Oskar is the face of the team and gets listed as the primary author on Steam but he has a bunch of other veteran modders on the team, for example the guy who does Alpha Animals is on there.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Azhais posted:

I set up the twice a day sleeping schedule a lot of people on youtube/twitch use these days. Keeps everyone at a high baseline of sleep and recreation and it's a lot easier to deal with raids/whatever at any time of the day. With Achtung! you can just force someone to complete work if you need to. Works amazingly well at keeping people happy
Forced recreation before sleep or forced recreation after sleep? There are issues I've seen with both.

I've been doing it after sleep because they get themselves up to full recreation and then go back to work. So if you've got an hour before bed and you don't need that long for whatever reason they'll hang out for a while and then start trudging back into the mines or whatever before turning around and going to sleep.

After sleep means you can overshoot things more easily- too much recreation time and they'll just get up to max recreation and head to work. The only issue is if their recreation drops to 95% before their forced recreation time is over they'll go back to recreation.

But the bigger issue is that they can sleep through recreation. If they've been up late fighting off a raid or anything else that regularly disturbs sleep they'll just wake up after their recreation time is already over and, well, they'll still take care of it if they need to, but they'll miss out on that mood buffer. So I've been thinking of doing it before sleep to see if it works out better.

This is further complicated by tribal meditation schedules which is technically a kind of recreation, but one they'll get tired of if that's all they get. I've noticed if you have them meditate first thing they'll often skip breakfast which is... not great for mood.

I'm also not quite sure where to put meditation in the bifurcated sleep schedule.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Eiba posted:

Forced recreation before sleep or forced recreation after sleep? There are issues I've seen with both.

I've been doing it after sleep because they get themselves up to full recreation and then go back to work. So if you've got an hour before bed and you don't need that long for whatever reason they'll hang out for a while and then start trudging back into the mines or whatever before turning around and going to sleep.

I'm also not quite sure where to put meditation in the bifurcated sleep schedule.

Rather than moving the recreation to after sleep you could try lowering it to just one bar of recreation because it sounds like that would be enough to solve your first problem.

For meditation I believe you would want it before sleep always because otherwise it will force a pawn to wake up even if they haven't filled their rest bar.

Here is a long and very in depth video from the guy that popularized the biphasic schedule (at least i think it was him):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq6pLMgnon0

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:q:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

What in he name of god

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Look not upon it, this pattern invites madness

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

isndl posted:

I'd put these under the "broken" category too, it's a 300% boost which means you can recover from basically anything in a day. For comparison, the Ideology Preach Health power is a 25% boost on a three day cool down. I had a pawn on a wandering daze mental break get hit by malaria and they reached full immunity without ever getting treated.

I don't think that it's fair to compare psycasts to priest abilities. Word of Joy is a Royalty pyscast and gives +30 joy, you could compare that to Counsel which I usually see giving just +5.

I'd compare Word of Healing to Word of Trust. Word of Trust reduces resistance by 20; that's equal to 20 days of recruitment at the base recruitment rate. Word of Healing and Word of Immunity cost half as much psyfocus to heal wounds/infections in 1 day that would normally take 3-4 with treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Burning Rain posted:

No news, but it was about a year and a half between 1.0 and Royalty and the same again to Ideology, and if that pattern holds something early in the new year is very plausible. Also I seem to recall that Tynan went "Hey there's a new DLC out next week" both times, like there was hardly any lead compared to many games.

People are anticipating Multiplayer and I fear there's gonna be a lot of disappointment if it's not, but for my part I'll bet it's Mystery and you get to be Sotha Sil investigate many bizarre and esoteric new phenomena.