Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

lovely tuna snatch posted:

goosefeet still a pile of poo poo why is that even a recommended corp to join in the OP? it's 31 people endlessly feeding just holy lol https://zkillboard.com/kill/103278056/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hilarious memes aside, how does one get a corp added to that list?
I think my alliance (Local is Primary) would be suitable - we offer something slightly different to the rest of the list in that we do Faction Warfare, which is a good entry point to PvP and due for a massive revamp.

If any new players want to learn PvP we are a great place to do it and if any vets want to come and see what the FW changes are about we can also help you out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm not the op, but if I were a betting egg, the corp would probably need some pretty significant vetting with additional trusted persons in the SA community

turns out Eve Online is a breeder for pain and personal harm, and it is necessary to give people who want to play it an opportunity to do so without engendering more of the situations that keep happening again and again

mods keep popping in here saying that people are free to make a PGS thread, so there's that too

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 10, 2022

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Seems fair. We have a strict zero tolerance approach to any questionable dudes and I guess I'd hope if we did get any referrals from here those would be issues we don't have to worry about

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

tato is right, if you want you can slide into my DMs and we can chat

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

goosefeet still a pile of poo poo why is that even a recommended corp to join in the OP? it's 31 people endlessly feeding just holy lol https://zkillboard.com/kill/103278056/

yeah my guy, someone losing their own money forgetting to cloak a hauler in jita is absolutely devastating to us and was a killing blow to corp morale for the following reasons i will list below:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

eve online: killbored

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I nearly lost my cov ops to sleepers in High sec today and that's about as worthy of discussion as a Jita hauler gank tbh.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

it's not a big deal which is why multiple people have made a page worth of posts saying so

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I was worried that the link would have been to one of my terrible decisions I made earlier this week.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Worst thing about the surgical strike update was the 700k EHP Impel for hisec being gutted down to barely over 250, IMO.

It's back up to ~380k but it's still not the invulnerable super-DST it used to be.

madjack fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 11, 2022

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

https://br.evetools.org/br/631d3847310fef1f888f1f4e

groon marches on

edit: so the joke is

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 11, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

WorkerThread posted:

this is going to sound condescending, i guess, but i am genuinely curious. it seems clear that many people in this thread view how they participate in this video game as a moral choice. do you make analogous decisions in your real life? like, never shopping on amazon, working for a company whose head has credible sexual harassment or discrimination claims, etc. video games are way lower stakes, i suppose where the consequences of sticking to your principles isn't as high. i don't mind being called a moron for still being in gsf, but the tension of constantly watching everything that has a tertiary relationship with your consumption habits (in this case, video gaming) seems very stressful

WorkerThread posted:

it's not a big deal which is why multiple people have made a page worth of posts saying so

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Rudeboy Detective posted:

eve online: killbored

That'd be a good Kelly comic edit

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm not making this up, you beat me to this

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

this but unironically

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Side note: are Damaviks useful/good for anything? I feel like I hardly ever see them around in null or lowsec and they’re more expensive than even Navy frigates.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Killboard looking good today :shrug:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

SwashedBuckles posted:

Side note: are Damaviks useful/good for anything? I feel like I hardly ever see them around in null or lowsec and they’re more expensive than even Navy frigates.

As I found out, no!

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

What was he going to use over a hundred faction webs for?

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

SwashedBuckles posted:

Side note: are Damaviks useful/good for anything?

Yes, you make Nergals out of them.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Feliday Melody posted:

probably sell them at a modest profit

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this but unironically

have you convinced that GPT2 bot to move in with you yet?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

Darn it, someone noticed.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Feliday Melody posted:

prob bhaalgorn or hyena fleet fits

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

learnincurve posted:

I nearly lost my cov ops to sleepers in High sec today and that's about as worthy of discussion as a Jita hauler gank tbh.

I've lost a freighter to Triangle Men in Bei once while autopiloting. Don't autopilot btw :D

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006

Feliday Melody posted:

Running Dark Abyssals with a Draugr.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

also, the reason Goosefleet is listed in the OP as a cool place to join is because I made the thread and the mods don't think I'm full of poo poo when I say it's actually fun

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I can't believe these geese destroyed goonfleet, god, AND capitalism

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

dragonshardz posted:

also, the reason Goosefleet is listed in the OP as a cool place to join is because I made the thread and the mods don't think I'm full of poo poo when I say it's actually fun

i too think it's fun losing dozens of hours worth of PvE needlessly

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

honk

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

KB red mofo, this game is dead whenever people only do safe poo poo/go hisec ganking

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

this gimmick is getting really boring

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006

Herein lies the problem. Old guard who we railed against as newbies. Gatekeeping new and old players on how they should play a "Sandbox" game. I'm perfectly happy shooting little red boxes while watching TV and not PVP.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Shoot little red boxes, receive the combined skirmish and shield command implant.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Just a reminder that Globby specializes in pvp against ships that cant shoot back, so maybe dont pay attention to him.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

All time spent in Eve is needless and in a decade or two all your accomplishments in it will be decaying on a pile of antique servers being stored in a back alley somewhere in Yongsan, South Korea.

HONK

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yall stop quoting globby, they're not going to change and youre just giving them the attention they crave.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

The Bible posted:

All time spent in Eve is needless and in a decade or two all your accomplishments in it will be decaying on a pile of antique servers being stored in a back alley somewhere in Yongsan, South Korea.

HONK

That actually made it sound so much more cyberpunk.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Aedaxus posted:

That actually made it sound so much more cyberpunk.

how much is plex 500 years from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006

Otacon posted:

how much is plex 500 years from now

10 million nuyen