Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

can i open my eyes yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No I totally understand the logic behind watching failure in a rival uniform and loving it but it’s just so weird how people almost immediately went to Tua for the comp. I didn’t even register it when I watched.

I don’t watch random QBs fail and think “lmao yeah just like Zach Wilson!!!”

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The underthrow for a TD just shows Tua can be successful in this league.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Amy Pole Her posted:

No I totally understand the logic behind watching failure in a rival uniform and loving it but it’s just so weird how people almost immediately went to Tua for the comp. I didn’t even register it when I watched.

I don’t watch random QBs fail and think “lmao yeah just like Zach Wilson!!!”

I mean failure is kind of harsh for describing 2 long completions. You guys really are mean to Josh! He's doing the best he can...

Again I'm just going to chalk it up to that you have really high expectations for him too.

I think the Dolphins will beat the Belichick's Big Beef Boys and Tua will play well tomorrow.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We weren’t speaking about Josh at this point just a generalized player

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Tua sucks outside of all this weird drama, he’s just a bad football player

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Mac Jones loving sucks too

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Sheen Sheen what's your take on Zach Wilson?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
He sucks too but I think he has more potential than Tua or Mac

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/nfloncbs/status/1568332421338206210

JA17 is the greatest dual threat qb ever to bless the earth.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao look at this new clown showing up to thread.

Doesn’t even know about the worlds most catchable ball smdh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Potential, the refuge of every awful quarterback in history.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sheen Sheen posted:

He sucks too but I think he has more potential than Tua or Mac

Zach Wilson is Good

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jets 31

Ravens 3

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I get to watch Week One Red Zone and my team has already won. Anxiety free football nirvana.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

one way to get rid of football anxiety is to realize how silly it is to be emotionally invested in an event you have no control over and also all human endeavor is ultimately meaningless and one day we will all be dead

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Ehud posted:

one way to get rid of football anxiety is to realize how silly it is to be emotionally invested in an event you have no control over and also all human endeavor is ultimately meaningless and one day we will all be dead

Mods?!?!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Actually my mental health is entirely on the hands of the New York Jets now, I’m afraid to say

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 11, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Today we know for certain beyond any doubt who is the fraud, Mac or Tua. There will be no nuance, this is the final clash.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I hope Patricia has heat stroke at half time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I hope Patricia has heat stroke at half time.

Pre game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

thread: my breakdown on why Tua underthrowing Tyreek today was actually a good thing 1/97

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

thread: a my breakdown on why Tua underthrowing Tyreek today was actually a good thing 1/97

The Pats secondary kept running to where they expected the ball to be but overran where it actually landed. Good strategy by Miami.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Has anybody said tuna yet because when he's out in the sun he STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ehud posted:

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Ehud posted:

Maybe for you but I’m built different

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Actually my mental health is entirely on the hands of the New York Jets now, I’m afraid to say

Things are going great for me as well.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm ready to watch the Jets get embarrassed once again.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

LightReaper posted:

Maybe for you but I’m built different

We got that dog in us

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

In all seriousness, Im expecting a comfortable Ravens win just because Lamar is Lamar and he can neutralize the Jets’ biggest strength (the defensive line). But the Ravens are also going to be without some key starters (and even if Dobbins or Peters play, they’ll be limited), and week 1 is always weird, so I wouldn’t be shocked if it was a pretty competitive game.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

fsif posted:

I get to watch Week One Red Zone and my team has already won. Anxiety free football nirvana.
I shall get slightly emotionally invested in the success of Schoen-Daboll and Trubisky. The former will be the first of a long and successful lines of coaches/GMs to come out of Buffalo, and the latter will reflect well on the coaches ability for players to reach their potential.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Goondolences. But actually lol.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1568952506671038464

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'll probably find a way to get agitated by the Pats/Phins game regardless of outcome.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Coaching the o-line while also being play caller when you’ve only ever been a defensive coach is gonna be great.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ehud posted:

It’s amazing that I’ve told myself exactly this a thousand times and yet I will still be miserable all day long until the game is over.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Driving down to my dad's to watch the game. Last time I did this we lost 35-0 and Tua had his ribs smashed into dust so, hoping for a better outcome here.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I think the fins will win pretty easily but there will be a couple clear underthrows that keep the flame of tua hate alive :twisted:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Phobeste posted:

I think the fins will win pretty easily but there will be a couple clear underthrows that keep the flame of tua hate alive :twisted:

I want Mac to visibly flip out on the sideline at either Patricia or Judge. That’s all I want.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Rooting for the outcomes that would cause the most chaos in this subforum:

1. Joe Flacco picks the Ravens apart and looks far better than Zach Wilson en route to a blowout Jets win

2. Tua gets totally flummoxed by Belichick and throws 3 INT, including one on an underthrown deep ball to Tyreek

3. Patriots offense looks horrible, but Patriots eek out a *rolls dice* 14-9 win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

Rooting for the outcomes that would cause the most chaos in this subforum:

1. Joe Flacco picks the Ravens apart and looks far better than Zach Wilson en route to a blowout Jets win

2. Tua gets totally flummoxed by Belichick and throws 3 INT, including one on an underthrown deep ball to Tyreek

3. Patriots offense looks horrible, but Patriots eek out a *rolls dice* 14-9 win.

Okay yeah I want all these things