Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

woosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yeah Pat Carroll is cool, I was talking more about her visual design.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Not sure what you’re whooshing here since I guarantee that “we need a fatty who can be funny for this role, call up that McCarthy bitch” was the sum total of thought that went into that casting decision

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Not sure what you’re whooshing here since I guarantee that “we need a fatty who can be funny for this role, call up that McCarthy bitch” was the sum total of thought that went into that casting decision

woosh

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

pretty sure that's how mccarthy got 99% of her roles

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Why Melissa McCarthy as Ursula, though? I thought it would be someone like Queen Latifah or Lizzo. You know. Someone that can sing.

wanted to make sure she's threatening enough and that nobody would laugh at her

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Eric Cantonese posted:

I hope they go with her original outfit.

The newer look is boring.

sorry if that was already posted but this panel blew my mind

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Jewish people are already well represented among super heroes by Magneto. gently caress this boring racist hummus lady.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is this lady a mutant? I see powers manifesting without some science/cosmic mishap, I assume they mean X gene.
Why are all the Jewish capes mutants?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lmao i was going to make a joke about how i was not mad that the new little mermaid was black, i was she wasn't ginger but then i watched the trailer and she has red hair.

i don't give a poo poo about marvel movies but i would watch one where they put them all in the late 70s early 80s costumes. like powerman and iron fist team up with sabra there and beat up multi ethnic street gangs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Organic Lube User posted:

Jewish people are already well represented among super heroes by Magneto. gently caress this boring racist hummus lady.

Ben Grimm also. And he never had to be convinced Arabs are humans.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Sabra seriously?! only with roasted red pepper for me

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i like the garlic one.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
something actually worth looking forward to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2nm0OGeQfY

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this looks it will be p good, and early reports out of TIFF are that it is, but it's wild how so many ~prestige~ directors are doing their ROMA-ish movies now inspired by their childhood (spielberg, mendes, branagh, PTA off the top of my head). obv this isn't necessarily anything new but it seems like there's been a string of these in the wake of ROMA

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1568948828845363200

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

sorry if that was already posted but this panel blew my mind

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this looks it will be p good, and early reports out of TIFF are that it is, but it's wild how so many ~prestige~ directors are doing their ROMA-ish movies now inspired by their childhood (spielberg, mendes, branagh, PTA off the top of my head). obv this isn't necessarily anything new but it seems like there's been a string of these in the wake of ROMA

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1568948828845363200

The jew hole

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ITYSL_memes/status/1568970642782928896?s=20&t=Yw6b-1TDTH11xK_I9-_AVQ

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Why Melissa McCarthy as Ursula, though? I thought it would be someone like Queen Latifah or Lizzo. You know. Someone that can sing.

Ursula scared the poo poo out of me as a kid, so anything to take the character down a peg IMO

Also got a chuckle out of this in the replies
https://twitter.com/brndxix/status/1568671519328313347

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
watching this JW dominion movie with my son and ooof glad I didn’t pay money for this poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lizzo would play a really good Ursula.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lizzo would be a better Ursula because she is hotter than Melissa McCarthy, who is also hot.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
you mean to tell me humans wouldn’t just hunt released dinos to extinction like everything else, especially with all the guns among americans like this movie is so dumb

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
why is there a dino black market in loving Malta?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

What other fat actresses are you going to use for a comedic role?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
raptors can totally run as fast as a plane for unlimited amounts of time across and entire city without tiring out at all

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

What other fat actresses are you going to use for a comedic role?

Amy Schumer

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You all need to think bigger. Let Lizzo play the little mermaid.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's time we had a skinny, hot ursula

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
the argument should be that Disney is obviously and has been creatively bankrupt and remakes of their classics into live action is super lazy and boring

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

i say swears online posted:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Let's have a fat protagonist and a thin villain for a change. Let's pretend the overweight don't have wickedness in their hearts.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Koirhor posted:

watching this JW dominion movie with my son and ooof glad I didn’t pay money for this poo poo

How bad are 5&6? Ive watched 1&4 with my kid (skipping the scariest scenes) but none of the others. He's big into the Lego Jurassic world and the camp cretaceous shows

I really enjoy Henry wu in 1&4 ,. I just love that there's a mad scientist being a mad scientist because he wants to make badass dinos

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sebastian will be played by Chris Pratt

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Grevling posted:

Let's have a fat protagonist and a thin villain for a change. Let's pretend the overweight don't have wickedness in their hearts.

its about time we have a dudes rock film

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grevling posted:

https://youtu.be/b1_7M8HE8L4 4:30 into this fight scene is sammo hung vs yuen wah, great fat vs skinny scene, even though sammo is pretty light for this role

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i say swears online posted:

No matter who plays Ursula they will be hot.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

How bad are 5&6? Ive watched 1&4 with my kid (skipping the scariest scenes) but none of the others. He's big into the Lego Jurassic world and the camp cretaceous shows

I really enjoy Henry wu in 1&4 ,. I just love that there's a mad scientist being a mad scientist because he wants to make badass dinos

oh kids love this poo poo, but the adult brain strains under suspension of disbelief

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I need all my actresses to have extremely wideset eyes now. we are changing course for hummanity. wide set eyes will be hot and all other kind of eyes will perish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

these two people must currently be several sstandard deviations down the line but in the future they will be considered normal