Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm Begin y'all to cut this out!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wasn't this lady also the one that got into a fight over whether it was okay to befriend nazis

of course she is, because all of these loving people think they'd be the ones who avoid the gas chambers by telling the local commandant how shiny and tasty his boots are.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
How the gently caress is the BDS movement antisemitic??? I think I've heard this accusation before, from a former friend who was 'totally not a zionist' but would say stuff like "we need more context" about unarmed protestors being shot in the back. It doesn't make any sense... it's just a movement. All I'm doing is Not Buying A SodaStream. What's racist about that? Aren't there laws in the States criminalizing boycotts of Israel? How the gently caress do you even enforce that, make everyone buy a tub of Sabra hummus every week?

Were the Boers crying about racism when the international community started ostracizing them?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wasn't this lady also the one that got into a fight over whether it was okay to befriend nazis

Yes all the "anti fascism" experts became Ukraine supporters once the war started. Lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

How the gently caress is the BDS movement antisemitic??? I think I've heard this accusation before, from a former friend who was 'totally not a zionist' but would say stuff like "we need more context" about unarmed protestors being shot in the back. It doesn't make any sense... it's just a movement. All I'm doing is Not Buying A SodaStream. What's racist about that? Aren't there laws in the States criminalizing boycotts of Israel? How the gently caress do you even enforce that, make everyone buy a tub of Sabra hummus every week?

Were the Boers crying about racism when the international community started ostracizing them?

Anti Israel = antisemitism

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

of course she is, because all of these loving people think they'd be the ones who avoid the gas chambers by telling the local commandant how shiny and tasty his boots are.

Just ask all the kapos that either got executed by Nazis anyone towards the end of the war or the post-war tribunals!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mister Speaker posted:

because anti-Israel is anti-Jew. That's all there is to it, any attempt to get more details or reasoning is met with them hemming and hawing about 'tropes' and 'well at one protest I saw one guy holding a happy merchant sign and that's bad so the whole protest was bad' level nonsense.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Horseshoe theory posted:

Just ask all the kapos that either got executed by Nazis anyone towards the end of the war or the post-war tribunals!

Surely this time it'll be different, THESE Nazis are less violent and reactionary than the 30's ones, right????

Oh they're lynching Elmo in effigy because he said 'happy Hannukah' on Sesame Street? Well drat.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MariamBarghouti/status/1563710972128272385?s=20&t=vt1jyGk_wuNKD0ZkoHK0iQ

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mister Speaker posted:

hell yea they did lol

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

See how many of the exact same arguments you can find people repeating today about Israel:

https://www.csmonitor.com/1989/1012/ekri.html

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/CommieTendency/status/1562071930097864705

:pwn:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glad we solved it

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1565067530439479304

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Nazi state
https://twitter.com/halalflow/status/1566011942694752256

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Vote independent. None of the current ruling parties in Israel support ending the Genocide, there's no point. An workers revolt over the entire country would do more towards saving the Palestinians than voting for some rich jackass would.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lobster shirt posted:

Vote independent. None of the current ruling parties in Israel support ending the Genocide, there's no point. An workers revolt over the entire country would do more towards saving the Palestinians than voting for some rich jackass would.

:hmmyes:

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

lmao

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1568690195972890626?t=c6uE7RNHR-mdMsI7zomHyw&s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they named her the hummus? is it comarketing?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Real hurthling! posted:

they named her the hummus? is it comarketing?

I had to look this up because I always thought it was kind of gross that the hummus company used the name of a refugee camp massacre in Lebanon. As I suspected, there's not a lot of delineation between Arabic and Hebrew words like this and it's just a word for a type of fruit-bearing cactus - or, more broadly, it just kind of means 'fruit'.

Of course, the first article from Times Of Israel says this:

quote:

Sabra, in Hebrew “tsabar,” is the local term for the fruit of the cactus (commonly known as a prickly pear). It has long been a term for Israeli-born Jews.

Which, IDK, depending on how you read it, could be a form of erasure. I think it's a stretch though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Somehow I dont think they're going to faithfully adapt this

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
holy poo poo, that actually rules

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wanna nitpick that the books don't actually talk much about fighting over the land, but I feel like that would go over Hulk's head.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

holy poo poo, that actually rules

Marvel used to have testicles

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its part of the "fighting for thousands of years" trope that zionists use to make people who become alarmed at violence go back to sleep.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Oh yeah, I also missed that part. Incredible.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hulk stewart: both sides

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wanna nitpick that the books don't actually talk much about fighting over the land, but I feel like that would go over Hulk's head.

look he got some of the details wrong but his heart is in the right place

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

its part of the "fighting for thousands of years" trope that zionists use to make people who become alarmed at violence go back to sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

i remember liking this a lot in high school or w/e

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

christmas boots posted:

True.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i say swears online posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

i remember liking this a lot in high school or w/e

it is a cool animation

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

christmas boots posted:

Hulk impatient and insecure, Hulk also have some heteronormative and colonialist privileges Hulk need to recognize, Hulk working on himself

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hot Israeli lady crying over a Palestinian kid who died for nuanced both sides reasons could absolutely be in the marvel movie

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

Hot Israeli lady crying over a Palestinian kid who died for nuanced both sides reasons could absolutely be in the marvel movie

where will they find someone with those lats

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm not super familiar with the Koran but I'm pretty sure the old testament has lots of examples of doing conquest and genocide in the holyland

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

30.5 Days posted:

DC did it so now Marvel needs to

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Two State Solution Hulk.

gradenko_2000 posted:

DC did it so now Marvel needs to

TBH snyder's superman didn't talk about truth justice and the american way, he did the just thing of smashing US drones.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mister Speaker posted:

Hulk impatient and insecure, Hulk also have some heteronormative and colonialist privileges Hulk need to recognize, Hulk working on himself

hulk did a no growth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lol I just had an image in my head of Hulk trying to understand trans issues and not totally getting it, but understanding feeling like you have the wrong body sometimes (when he’s banner)