Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
oh god here we go again about Abu Dhabi

get over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

what about introducing a metaphysical safety car

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sadly the Lewis fans cancel cultured good lad Michael Masi out of a job, and now we have disgraces as seen here. The Lewis Hamilton fanbase has disgraced both the great sport of Grand Prix auto racing, and the hallowed Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, and should be banned from all sporting events like the D*tch

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Surely Williams are going to give Latifi the boot at the end of the season now, right? Being outperformed by a full-time driver with past experience in a top team is one thing, but by a rookie reserve driver? The rich kid money can't be worth the dead weight.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Max Verstasterisk

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

censoring the booing is peak dead monarch behavior

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky once again lusting for driver blood

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
the worst thing about this season is the dirge of anthems when Max wins for Red Bull

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sadly the Lewis fans cancel cultured good lad Michael Masi out of a job, and now we have disgraces as seen here. The Lewis Hamilton fanbase has disgraced both the great sport of Grand Prix auto racing, and the hallowed Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, and should be banned from all sporting events like the D*tch

You simply want to heap more grief on the good people of the United Kingdom in their dark times and it will not stand.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In all seriousness just restart the cars in track order lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This season has been real boring NGL

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

“Oh no, not booing,” I say as the pearls in my hands explode like grapes

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is even worse than the Vettelreich era of poo poo anthem combinations

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
awful trophy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

Oh you sweet child

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

FIA president is brave to be there rn

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kirios posted:

There have been more good races this season than like all but one of the Hamilton/Mercedes years lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

learnincurve posted:

This is even worse than the Vettelreich era of poo poo anthem combinations

Hope you're ready for the Verstappen era buddy, we are just at the beginning of it

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Kirios posted:

The first 3rd of the season was good. I remember a few really great races that had me yelling at the TV. poo poo went downhill at Monico though and hasn't recovered.

And for gently caress sake, they should have redflagged the race and given us two exciting laps upon restart, not this SC bullshit.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There have been more good races this season than like all but one of the Hamilton/Mercedes years lol

There's been some good ones but it's been three straight snoozefests.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
George In Mourning not doing champagne is very funny

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Did we go racing today, Massi?

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals
Silverstone was so good

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What a terrible “sport”

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

George In Mourning not doing champagne is very funny
did he really? I turned it off. Jesus Christ

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fodder Cannon posted:

Silverstone was so good

Silverstone was incredible and RBR was good too. It's been shite since then.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
other than max being too loving fast this was a fun race imo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
this season has been so good

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
What a disappointing way to end

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Spaced God posted:

I remember the last time this happened someone pointed to the red flag rules that a red flag can't just be thrown at the race director's discretion like in other series but there has to be like legitimate unraceable damage to the track or something

They should just rewrite the rules then.

Like any safety car at less than 5 laps remaining is just going to be a mess. Red flag solves all your problems.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

they have a small swiss child doing commentary in the post show for some reason

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Xakura posted:

They should just rewrite the rules then.

Like any safety car at less than 5 laps remaining is just going to be a mess. Red flag solves all your problems.

if they want quick restarts just restart the cars in track order. red flagging is for Amerikkkans

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

What if laps didn't count down under the safety car?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Doesn’t work with the fuel regs they way they are

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

races should last the specified distance/time limit

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

And reconstitute the burnt fuel from the magic air->fuel converter?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
when did they change from doing SC restarts to position order, rather than track order btw. that always leads to stupid poo poo and is much more complicated to pull off, and I don't really think it makes things that much more exciting

KittenCaboodle
Jan 16, 2014

Fun Shoe
I wish they would just auto red flag if there's heavy machinery on the actual track, that was unpleasant to watch cars going past it, SC or not

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I still love this stupid sport though, even if a frog is dominating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

either go full blood sport or not make up your mind fia