Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DAEF

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

VelociBacon posted:

Honestly how do you get her to keep walking? Quill just looks at the nearest thing and lays down, then will grudgingly meander over to something else if it interests her, and then sit on it or something. She'll never just walk.

I don't really "get her" to do anything - most trips outside are just a few laps of the garden in a non-linear fashion. Lately she's been clearly indicating when she wants to go outside like this, and all I have to do is really stop her from going too far.

We've done this 2-3 times a year at most, but this year she's actually taking to the leash, and (except for being slightly difficult to catch so we can put it on) isn't bothered by it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nap friends :3:

hello david

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

David, how do you do?

Chill

KILL

KILLLLL
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/860972831177572402/1017509207030894592/received_3245671459026251.mp4

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I…am considering adopting another cat…

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

just to see what jets like with a friend

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

which is honestly not a good idea. I should adopt a cat because I want to accept that cat into my life, not out of curiosity.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Curiosity will soon turn to attachment I'm sure. We got Poppy specifically to keep Scoops company

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Bandire posted:

Man I find cat purring soothing.

Same. I will once again link Purrli for those without cats or are away from their cats.

https://purrli.com/

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

look at this cute fukken catte

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

also I would like to submit Leo and CJ for next year’s cattelendar, maybe signing the Declaration of Independence with a paw print (though the background would make that very complicated). a more realistic option would be the Apollo 11 moon landing. could do some fun things like planting a flag with a cat/fish on it, helmets that protrude to make room for the ears, paw prints on the moon.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 10, 2022

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Josh Lyman posted:

:kimchi:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tits out in the sun, pepper living her best life

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Pollyanna posted:

which is honestly not a good idea. I should adopt a cat because I want to accept that cat into my life, not out of curiosity.

A cat's reasons for coming into your life are inscrutable at best, popular phrases aside curiosity is as good a reason as any.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Pollyanna posted:

hoke was an impulse get because I had had a bad blind date and he reminded me of the cat I had as a kid and it’s worked out fine!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I thought Milly was lonely because she was so clingy and the Butters happened she wasn't lonely just codependent and defensive of me. Now I want to get Butters a friend but can't afford potential vet bills at the moment. Milly if you don't cuddle Butters you risk having yet another roommate to hate.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I forgot to turn off the feeder before I left :suicide:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

caught peridot in a very neat loaf

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Two cats minimum for me. Sundae and Leon still don't quite get along yet. She's mostly okay around him until he wants to play. I'm hoping they get more snuggly with each other when the weather gets colder.

Leon is a cuddle bug when he wants to be. He loves to just flop over in the crook of my arm when I am trying to work.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
two cat is super good. i havent done three

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I sometimes feel a bit conflicted about having two as mine don't get along and really compete for my attention, despite being adopted as a pair.

I love them both, but I definitely think Shelley would be happier as an only kitty

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

yeah, that’s partly why I want to adopt a bonded pair next. The other reason is that bonded pairs shouldn’t be broken up IMO.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Busted out my nice camera to get a quick shot of Sweet Potato chilling out watching the front yard

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

leo and cj were bonded siblings, maybe? they napped next to each other as kittens but just tolerate each other these days. i suppose that's normal with human siblings too, but i wish they got along better. mainly i think it's bc leo is so much bigger so that as they grew, his playing became more like bullying

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Josh Lyman posted:

leo and cj were bonded siblings, maybe? they napped next to each other as kittens but just tolerate each other these days. i suppose that's normal with human siblings too, but i wish they got along better. mainly i think it's bc leo is so much bigger so that as they grew, his playing became more like bullying

This is pretty much what happened with pearl and Pocket, pox got the brawn and she got the brain

They still snuggle all the time it's just playtime got rough

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Josh Lyman posted:

L@@K

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

jet is unnnnnnnhappy in his kitty hotel :gonk: i checked in and he is eating, but not a whole lot, and he hasn’t pooped recently (which to be fair is better than the alternative). I asked how he was doing and they said he was definitely not up for pets. probably upset over being boarded. prolly won’t board him again.

I hope a laser session or some exploratory room time will help him feel better, and that I didn’t just make this worse by stressing him out :ohdear: I will come back, buddy!!!!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

current jet status:

:catstare:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jet is ready for takeoff

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hi pep

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
All these high quality cats are good for the soul.

Guess who isn't ready for bedtime?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A lot of nights Alby will come into my room while I'm lying in bed and just sit on my drat face. Fortunately he does it flank first, not butthole first.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Flakey posted:

All these high quality cats are good for the soul.

Guess who isn't ready for bedtime?

Eyes aglow with the promise of chaos

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Winston is definitely best as an only cat. he coexisted with Sadie but he's a happier kitty without the bops.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Bandit and Sundae got along great, but I'm learning that was all Bandit. He was super chill. Sundae is really high strung, but she was only 3 months old when I got her. Maybe if Leon was still little when I got him she'd have been lass bappy. I'm still hopeful they'll be buds eventually.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Scoops and Poppy get along most of the time. They don't cuddle a lot, once a month at the absolute most, but they also don't fight a lot. I just think it's nice that they have each other when no one is at home even if that means sleeping at opposite ends of the bed ignoring each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep