Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Busy plate.

BBQ pork chops, smashed taters, roasted sweet potato, roasted grape tomatoes, broccoli salad, and some carrots & parsnips hidden in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Chicken Fajita (?)

Yes, I put mushrooms in my fajita mix. Also diced tomato and cucumber as a garnish. It's sitting on top of two slices of cheddar and the white goop is low fat mayo because the sour cream I had had gone moldy.

No, I'm not Mexican or even American, why do you ask?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It was $5 sushi day at the grocery store so I picked some up at will eat that at midnight while drunk.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It was $5 sushi day at the grocery store so I picked some up at will eat that at midnight while drunk.

regret.txt

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

YOUR MOM Hahahahahhaha HAHAHAHAHAHahhaah HAAHAHAHAHAHHAa and your dad.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

nexous posted:

Aforementioned plus

Tried red onion + pistachio base thanks to the pizzas in this thread. It’s good

good call.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m short money so I just bought and cooked some spaghetti and sausage and that should last me about three nights. Also got some chicken and rice and that should last me the other four nights. Only cost me me $26 bucks for a week of dinner, not bad

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Had some basil and tomatoes from the garden what needed using up so made a caprese salad drizzled with some nice balsamic I let reduce on the stove a bit. Paired with a Tuscan loaf from the grocery store with some herbed EVOO for dippin.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

nexous posted:

regret.txt

I get grocery store sushi all the time. It's that Hisso brand or something that's everywhere. They have a dude there making it constantly.

It's not terrible..... for the most part. Anything is great with enough soy sauce. I could drink soy sauce.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hatty posted:

I’m short money so I just bought and cooked some spaghetti and sausage and that should last me about three nights. Also got some chicken and rice and that should last me the other four nights. Only cost me me $26 bucks for a week of dinner, not bad

I have to do that more. It costs like a dollar for dried noodles and maybe $4 or something for a jar of cheap sauce. Throw in a protein and you're set in like 20 minutes. I generally use frozen stuff because I'm single and lazy and never use up perishables fast enough. In fact, I just discovered Fairlife ultra-filtered milk from SA I think last year and that stuff is awesome. If I buy regular milk it goes bad way before I finish it so I rarely buy it unless it need it for a recipe since I don't really drink milk. That Fairlife stuff lasts like 2 months. It's great. More expensive though of course.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 8, 2022

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

buff chicken

pistachio, mixed berry, red onion

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

buff chicken

pistachio, mixed berry, red onion

The pistachio was good but I just don’t know about the berries!

Edit: I cooked up some bell peppers and onions and added it to store bought spaghetti sauce.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I get grocery store sushi all the time.
I don't eat them that often, but the tuna hand rolls from 7-Eleven are absurdly good imo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Grocery store is not quite gas station but I'd probably eat it like an idiot.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

nexous posted:

The pistachio was good but I just don’t know about the berries!

Edit: I cooked up some bell peppers and onions and added it to store bought spaghetti sauce.

they're probably both better separate tbh, but the flavor blend is worth a shot. pureed strawberry base, then blue and blackberries on top. it's still a savory pizza, but it brings something refreshing to the table

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Kellogg's finally made cereal that you only have to add water to So that will probably be what I eat for dinner every night of my life going forward, but I'll keep you all updated just in case

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Pizza rolls, actually about 72 of them. Been baking all day.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Pizza rolls, actually about 72 of them. Been baking all day.

Save me a few

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

football, crap weather, farmer's market peppers = first chili of the season

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
But did it have beans

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

nexous posted:

But did it have beans

it will

I hope this offends people

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Garlic broccoli beef, and a big chunk of salmon

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it will

I hope this offends people

:rant:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Garlic broccoli beef, and a big chunk of salmon

Looks great. I always take the skin off in the pan though with the spatula. It's just really gross to me. I like to fish but hate dealing with the fish. I have a great method for making pan fried salmon now. Well it's been a while so I don't remember it but you always put it down skin side up and fry it in a screaming hot non-stick pan for like 2-3 minutes, then flip it and cook it for 3 or so minutes. I don't remember the timing but that's all you need for salmon. It is my favorite fish by far.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I made a red lentil coconut curry with jasmine rice and pan fried tofu. My son took a picture of my hilariously incompetent plating, but he's in bed now, so...

It was fine. The tomato flavor came through just a little more than I preferred, but everyone cleaned their plate. I might try it with toasted chick peas in place of the tofu for protein next time.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Looks great. I always take the skin off in the pan though with the spatula. It's just really gross to me. I like to fish but hate dealing with the fish. I have a great method for making pan fried salmon now. Well it's been a while so I don't remember it but you always put it down skin side up and fry it in a screaming hot non-stick pan for like 2-3 minutes, then flip it and cook it for 3 or so minutes. I don't remember the timing but that's all you need for salmon. It is my favorite fish by far.

Yea, I scaled the salmon because I like eating the skin. Get a slight char on it so its nice and crispy. Its where a lot of that Omega-3 is

The fish was really fresh because my neighbor just went fishing and gave me extras

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
great big cup of dick

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Nooner posted:

great big cup of dick

Spotted?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

i loving love salmon skin. even if i cook it a way not amenable to crispy skin i will still slurp that skin down because it's delicious

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Scallops and garlic bread and pee purée

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Shakahuka. Old pic. Same recipe

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

bird with big dick posted:

Scallops are always photogenic but I don't actually like them. Any shellfish in general, really.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Shramp and salad. Light and quick.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Baked some drum sticks last night but when I went to put a dab of hot sauce on I forgot the bottle didn't have a flow restrictor so I poured on a ton of super hot sauce that had capsican extract in it. I was sweating out of my eyeballs lol.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

Serious question, do you cook professionally or something?

I made chicken jambalaya with diced ham and chorizo. Normally I use Uncle Bens easy cook rice because that way you get good absorption. You just need to use equal parts liquid and rice and it usually comes out perfect. I changed it up this time by using basmati and cooking it like plov/pilaf. I was a bit worried after I took the lid off after 10mins and saw there was still a fair amount of liquid. I stirred in the parsley and let it rest for another 10mins off the heat and it came out perfect. It may be the best pot of jambalaya I've ever made.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
fancy pic of unfancy meal: teriyaki chicken and brocolli on short grain brown rice

also, jambalaya is great and easy

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

first time making 14 inch pizzas with my new dough. folks came over for dinner so of course I had to practice with 2.

pepperoni mushroom, red onion pistachio.

getting two stones hot enough for full sized pizzas was less than ideal, but i won't often be making two full sized pizzas so I'll survive. otherwise, not bad

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Valko posted:

Serious question, do you cook professionally or something?

Thank you! No. Just someone that enjoys spending way too much time cooking. I do sometimes think to myself "You know instead of this thing that takes 3 hours to make you could make something in 30 minutes that's 80% as good" and then I shrug and keep right on making the thing that takes 3 hours.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A whole lotta good food and pics lately.

My nephew is coming over tonight so I'll probably get the old standard local pizza from my usual place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Made turkish bread and finally nailed it. Secret was... well soy milk actually doesn't cut it. Used half and half instead and it came out super fluffy.