Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

univbee posted:

They updated the newer AC icons on Xbox.

Terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
good thing ill never see them op

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Why are there 4 AC titles being released

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

univbee posted:

Is this a cry for help?

Blink twice if you need help

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

BisterdDave posted:

I might be completely missing something, but how do I access the Quake 2 expansions through the game in gamepass?

So that's weird. The store page mentions they are included but I checked the files and I don't see them. I think there might be some kind of packaging error, or perhaps the store description is the thing that's wrong? May have just been copied from the old Steam one. Though for reference you use the "game" console command to switch games in vanilla Quake2 (which yes this is, it's the original Win95 executable).

Rocket Pan fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 11, 2022

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1568712018177445888

And there it is. RIP Kinect forever and ever.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It was already over when they stopped making versions for the Wii

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Actually surprised they're killing both PS4 and XB1 versions. I guess they're betting on anyone in the target demographic for it has a Switch, or at the very least a Series S. And since the retail copies are only codes, they can actually say it's for Series S on the packaging.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
How do you play that game without a Kinect or gimmick controllers. Do you just heft a couple of Xbox controllers and swing your arms around? Or do you just dance?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
it judges your dancing by using the mic and the amount of gruntin'

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
"You all have phones, right?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

How do you play that game without a Kinect or gimmick controllers. Do you just heft a couple of Xbox controllers and swing your arms around? Or do you just dance?

It uses phones to track and thus allows up to like 8 players simultaneous in some versions. On switch you can choose controller or phone.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Yeah I remember Kinect gaming. :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtE_7XaDFro

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

univbee posted:

Why did they do this? I’ve got Origins installed and it changed (don’t judge me, the history mode is kinda cool).

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're all judging you regardless. Read a book instead of having the filthy Ubisoft people tell you.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Me too
https://vimeo.com/282053017

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Larry Parrish posted:

We're all judging you regardless. Read a book instead of having the filthy Ubisoft people tell you.

Hey, I’ve got a B.S. (Bachelor of Sidequests) from Ubisoft University. Get off me.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Fly Ricky posted:

Why did they do this? I’ve got Origins installed and it changed (don’t judge me, the history mode is kinda cool).

It's a unifying rebranding that I'm sure has to do with their upcoming "Assassin's Creed Infinity" hub that will tie together pretty much all AC things old and new, somehow. The details are still vague.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zat posted:

It's a unifying rebranding that I'm sure has to do with their upcoming "Assassin's Creed Infinity" hub that will tie together pretty much all AC things old and new, somehow. The details are still vague.

Finally, an Ubisoft branded dumpster to collect all my garbage in

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Rocket Pan posted:

So that's weird. The store page mentions they are included but I checked the files and I don't see them. I think there might be some kind of packaging error, or perhaps the store description is the thing that's wrong? May have just been copied from the old Steam one. Though for reference you use the "game" console command to switch games in vanilla Quake2 (which yes this is, it's the original Win95 executable).

Yup, looks like it's just a direct description copy from the Steam listing. Gonna write to Mr. Spencer about this one.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rocket Pan posted:

If it helps, on Steam they are separate listings for each expansion.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

univbee posted:

If it helps, on Steam they are separate listings for each expansion.
Not anymore - they merged everything into the base Quake 2 app relatively recently and removed the seperate expansions from purchase, so you get everything Quake 2 in one purchase. (They'll still be in your library as such if you bought 'em beforehand, for convenience's sake)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I imagine the Steam versions now also work without the need for a Quake 2 source port, because they didn't work by themselves a couple years ago.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ubisoft really trying to go for maximum controvery stacks right now.

Just Dance 2023, on top of being next-gen (and Switch) only, will be digital-only, all retail versions are just download codes.

Assassin's Creed Mirage is getting an AO rating (yes, really), the first console game to be intentionally sold this way, because of an NFT marketplace that the ESRB considers real gambling.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/assassins-creed-mirage/9n4096hx1wwq

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Out of all the major game publishers I think I would miss Ubisoft the least if it disappeared so it is good they are trying to make it happen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there’s no loving way it comes out as AO on consoles

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there’s no loving way it comes out as AO on consoles

It has that rating on the Xbox store right now (check my link above).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat that’s wild. Literally never seen that before on a big console store. Real gambling in a game :blastu: Ubisoft suck so much

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

univbee posted:

Just Dance 2023, on top of being next-gen (and Switch) only, will be digital-only, all retail versions are just download codes.

BOOOOOO.
I get the “new” version for the kids every once in a while so they can get some physical activity when it’s raining (or wildfire smoky like it has been this week). I despise the all digital future even if it means less disc / cartridge swapping.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Wonder what the EU will do with this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Assassin's Creed Mirage is getting an AO rating (yes, really), the first console game to be intentionally sold this way, because of an NFT marketplace that the ESRB considers real gambling.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/assassins-creed-mirage/9n4096hx1wwq

Jesus loving christ why????????????????????????

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

It'll be banned in a bunch of countries wouldn't it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

We can only hope

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

The Dutch decision about FIFA's lootboxes got reversed by a different judge recently. It's also possible they won't care as much for a game that's going to be 18+ anyway, even without the NFT marketplace.

Also there's some speculation around the AO rating, because it's mainly from the Xbox Store and the ESRB website isn't publicly showing a finalized rating yet, but it's highly suspect since the Xbox store's rating has very specific reasons listed so that information had to come from somewhere.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am actually excited about all of the console Assassin's Creed games coming up, and then this news drops. :/

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

univbee posted:

Pretty interesting, but there is no way it will release as AO. It doesn't come out until next year and ratings can be adjusted just like with the MPAA. They will trim down any content or massage the gambling piece to get it down to MA.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Will they put up the sexy version of San Andreas now that the AO seal has been broken?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hatty posted:

Will they put up the sexy version of San Andreas now that the AO seal has been broken?

Full donger on Big Smoke.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm half expecting Microsoft to either bring out their own NFTs to compete with that, or flat-out ban NFTs altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

univbee posted:

The Dutch decision about FIFA's lootboxes got reversed by a different judge recently. It's also possible they won't care as much for a game that's going to be 18+ anyway, even without the NFT marketplace.

Also there's some speculation around the AO rating, because it's mainly from the Xbox Store and the ESRB website isn't publicly showing a finalized rating yet, but it's highly suspect since the Xbox store's rating has very specific reasons listed so that information had to come from somewhere.

Also worth noting that in Europe, Assassin's Creed games routinely get the highest PEGI 18+ rating, so that part is not really a factor here.

(The PEGI rating system is a little different from ESRB; its age categories are 12, 16 and 18 instead of 13/T, 17/M and 18/AO).