Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Hot take Sunday has some good vintages:

quote:

Does anyone not think the teams effort today is linked to paying 18 year old kids millions of dollars before a college snap? Team full of talented 5* entitled 18 year old kids, or a team full of hungry 2 and 3* kids? I choose the second option every day of the week. Paying these kids ridiculous amounts of money before playing 1 snap in college is the worst possible idea. In their minds they have already made it so why listen to coaching or play hard. Result is what you saw today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

downout posted:

Hot take Sunday has some good vintages:

That’s gotta be TexAgs right?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

LeeMajors posted:

Could be Notre Dame but I think you're right.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

ANTHONY RICHARDSON THE HUMAN CHEAT CODE THE NEXT VINCE YOUNG MAKES PLAYS NO OTHER HUMAN CAN

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Gonna note either K State is going to wipe the floor with their dominant 2 and 3 star offensive and defensive linemen this year or Mizzou has some goddamned issues once they get into SEC play (if you can't already say that now).

Just blown off the ball up front on both sides all day long other than a brief period where the defense did sort of okish. Also both quarterbacks favored by the coach are hilariously terrible, there's no creativity or depth to the playcalling, it's bleak. Losing I kinda expected, losing like that is painting a picture of a long season to sit through.

if horn or macon don't see any snaps against the FCS sacrifice next week i will be pissed

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

ANTHONY RICHARDSON THE HUMAN CHEAT CODE THE NEXT VINCE YOUNG MAKES PLAYS NO OTHER HUMAN CAN

Media went all in on that poo poo. I audibly groaned when they did the gameday segment on his draft prospects vs Levis. Sample size is tiny tiny.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Btw UGA looked like absolute garbage yesterday; I know Kirby wanted to take it easy on Samford but the offense going at the Speed of Coley and everyone loafing around was not the way to do it. Dawgs’ run game is legitimately mid this season.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Ya the tamu sbnation site.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Judgy Fucker posted:

I somehow missed that Wisconsin lost to Wazzou, good lord the Big 10 west is awful

I mean, it isn't new. There's a reason their first decision was the leaderly legends

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Maybe the Big 10 west can be traded straight up for the sun belt conference.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/LincolnBizBuzz/status/1568761515511058438

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The stoppable force vs. the movable object

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

I don't even know what to think about Wisconsin. 150 more total yard, 4 yard per carry, 8-15 on third downs, held WSU to 2-11 on third downs, double time of possession, 3 turnover but also 3 takeaways. If I just saw the team stats I would assume the final would have been like 24-10 Wisconsin. Nope. Hopefully it was just one of those days. Crazy poo poo was happening all over the place. Beat New Mexico State next week, just forfeit the next week at Ohio State then the real season begins.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nebraska fans already demanding they poach Leipold that didn't take long lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

App state had travel issues and had to sleep in the hotel conference rooms of their hotel since they’d already checked out.

They just finally landed in Charlotte and are bus’ing up to Boone now.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Yates posted:

I don't even know what to think about Wisconsin. 150 more total yard, 4 yard per carry, 8-15 on third downs, held WSU to 2-11 on third downs, double time of possession, 3 turnover but also 3 takeaways. If I just saw the team stats I would assume the final would have been like 24-10 Wisconsin. Nope. Hopefully it was just one of those days. Crazy poo poo was happening all over the place. Beat New Mexico State next week, just forfeit the next week at Ohio State then the real season begins.

It was just one of those Murphy's law sort of games where a lot of dumb poo poo happened. I'm not super thrilled with the New And Improved Offense not taking advantage of WSU playing like 9 people in the box the entire game.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

8:00 PM starts are nothing new but usually they start after y’all change your times. I wonder if this means 9:00 PM local time starts after October for games if Arizona gets sucked into another conference.

They (gestures at tv executives) should bite the bullet and move the start of the college day to 11a ET if they are going to drag games out to 4 hours with commercials. 9pm local start as a once a season thing, maybe but if that's the usual time you reduce your season holder potential pool a lot

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

loving ooooof. He had that one awesome TD pass for the Vols, and now..

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

D.N. Nation posted:

Florida coaches have been chasing the next hot dual-threat quarterback ever since Tebow left. I think it's a bad idea and I think they should kick the tires on a standard pocket passer at QB. The running game is already sound.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Is Brian Ferentz a worse failson OC than Jeff Bowden?

Jeff Bowden had a better roster than Brian Ferentz and so maybe his numbers are better, but they're both unhirable outside of job-from-daddy situations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Btw UGA looked like absolute garbage yesterday; I know Kirby wanted to take it easy on Samford but the offense going at the Speed of Coley and everyone loafing around was not the way to do it. Dawgs’ run game is legitimately mid this season.

Everyone seemed a bit off yesterday. It was a true hangover game if ever I've seen one. It was the most boring 300 yard passing game I think I've ever seen which is wild. KM was getting about 8 per carry which is really good, but I think our OL got pushed around a bit more against them than they should have. Hopefully this provides a lot of practice fuel for the week.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1568999914620784642

welp. I guess it could be worse but watching hudson card play quarter back is not going to be fun

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

G-Hawk posted:

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1568999914620784642

welp. I guess it could be worse but watching hudson card play quarter back is not going to be fun

That sucks. I really enjoyed watching him play yesterday.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Texas wins that game if he doesn’t get hurt. He was sharp as hell.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

Agreed. Bummed to hear he’ll be out longer and hope he gets healed up.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryandfischer/status/1569014039015206913?s=46&t=DCO4jvIQRrKrDjaXqjUEDA

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Happy Scott Frost Day

https://twitter.com/Huskers/status/1569013971415351298

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

The OU-Nebraska line opened at OU -4.5, this morning I saw it at -9.0. How high can it go?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Gonna note either K State is going to wipe the floor with their dominant 2 and 3 star offensive and defensive linemen this year or Mizzou has some goddamned issues once they get into SEC play (if you can't already say that now).

Just blown off the ball up front on both sides all day long other than a brief period where the defense did sort of okish. Also both quarterbacks favored by the coach are hilariously terrible, there's no creativity or depth to the playcalling, it's bleak. Losing I kinda expected, losing like that is painting a picture of a long season to sit through.

Fully agree with this. Going to be a long year. I don't know that you play Sam Horn behind that line too much and end up with Drew Lock syndrome.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Don’t bet on that game they’ll go out and lose by 3 in honor of ol’ Frosty

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Holy poo poo I didn't think they would actaully do it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Rip Scott Frost day. Gone to soon

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I see no lies

https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1568962817427836928?t=lzlvqJXmk5HtV6USPiPduA&s=19

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Haha they were so embarrassed they didn’t kick the can down the line for 3 weeks.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

:razorfront:

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Oh my god

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Haha they were so embarrassed they didn’t kick the can down the line for 3 weeks.

Buyout would've dropped from $15M to $7.5M on October 1st and they wanted him gone that bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:toot:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Before I forget the guy, what was the original joke of "Scott Frost Day"? Something like the governor or whoever proclaimed a day to honor him in his first season as coach and then they had an embarrassing loss on that day... or was it cancelled or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Buyout would've dropped from $15M to $7.5M on October 1st and they wanted him gone that bad

I seriously can’t believe they didn’t wait. I wonder if this means they already have their next guy. gently caress I hope so.