Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Allow me to give the following entities a lol. Lmao.

Notre Dame
Aggies
Nebraska
Scott Frost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

hobbesmaster posted:

idk, they might be able to kick 7 field goals.

That would require being in field goal range 7 times which is not happening

20 points means we’ve got multiple defensive/special teams TDs

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texas is now ranked in the AP poll.

Goulet!
Oct 21, 2008

mmm...you're hungry

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I want to print out all of the gator fan posts from last weeks win and this weeks loss and read them in order at a spoken word open mic night.

Gonna be SEC Champion
This is the year we make the leap….
Where have you gone Sex Cannon?
gently caress it, I’m going Deep.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

And a glorious Happy Scott Frost Day to those that celebrate it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Lol Nebraska. Another decade of mediocrity to come.

Mediocrity will be a step up

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

A second Scott Frost Day has hit Nebraska

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
The Rutgers of the West

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Tennessee at #15 in the AP. Florida game in a few weeks in Knoxville will hopefully be a good (most likely distressing) game

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Bill Callahan's Nebraska lost to Southern Miss on this day 18 years ago.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

going from unranked to ranked off a loss is a new and exciting way for texas to be ranked

pleasantly surprised by ND being chucked out (but still getting 23 votes :rolleyes:). aggies should have gone with them

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 11, 2022

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky up to #9. Honestly didn't think they'd jump that far. Barring something crazy happening they should still be top 10 heading to Ole Miss in week 5.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Edward Mass posted:

Feels good Pawl

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Texas should be ranked. They got robbed in that game.

I'm not arguing Texas is actually a top 25 team or anything, but based on the way polls actually (as opposed to should) work, going toe-to-toe with #1 Bama and losing is a better resume bullet than most ranked teams have right now

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DC Murderverse posted:

Iowa opens as 20 point favorites against Nevada, in case you’d like some free money because Iowa isn’t scoring 20 points in one game

Maybe, but Nevada is almost certainly the worst team they’ve played so far.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

texas might actually be a top 25 team but otoh hudson card is now qb for the next month at least and they were really up to play alabama and could extremely easily lose to a pretty good utsa on saturday

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Do we have confirmation that Marshall made it back to Huntington safely without experiencing another mysterious crash?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Texas defense looked good but Bama absolutely kept them in the game setting a Saban-era record for accepted penalties.

I don’t think they should be ranked for failing to beat a determined-to-lose Alabama but :shrug:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

We'll know for sure if Texas is back when we play Oklahoma.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

General Dog posted:

Maybe, but Nevada is almost certainly the worst team they’ve played so far.

Oh no doubt, but that really doesn’t give me confidence that our QB is magically going to stop being poo poo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

It’s not like Texas was reliable against OU even before they were gone

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

G-Hawk posted:

texas might actually be a top 25 team but otoh hudson card is now qb for the next month at least and they were really up to play alabama and could extremely easily lose to a pretty good utsa on saturday

I’ve watched quite a bit of UTSA already this year, and I think there’s a chance that they might just be “C-USA Good” and not regular good. It’s hard to weigh the UH and Army games at this point, but both of those teams seem a little sus currently.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I. M. Gei posted:

Texas always plays OU well

It's playing all the other teams that's the issue

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Oh drat I missed the aftermath thread. Yeah Frost is out! Why not last year? Why not in a month and save $7.5m?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Oh drat I missed the aftermath thread. Yeah Frost is out! Why not last year? Why not in a month and save $7.5m?

Nebraska wants to show how hardcore they are by pulling a Keyser Söze don't-give-a-gently caress stunt.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Liberty beating UAB is a result that seemed to slip under the radar a bit.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

General Dog posted:

I don’t understand why teams would ever fire a coach before November; it doesn’t seem to serve any function beyond being a salve for the fans and alumni, who as far as I’m concerned are all a bunch of hooting apes who deserve nothing.

The “getting ahead of the market” line always gets trotted out, but that basically never ends up beating out.

The primary value is in getting a guy out of there before he has the chance to save his job (Les Miles, LSU 2015)

Nebraska didn't even bother to negotiate a lower number like Virginia Tech did last year with Justin Fuente:

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1569055030925303808?s=20&t=oVgdqJVO_5q1mVw9dUEejg

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Maybe we should have sorted the no OC thing before handing Jimbo a fleet of dump trucks filled with Benjamin’s.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

General Dog posted:

I’ve watched quite a bit of UTSA already this year, and I think there’s a chance that they might just be “C-USA Good” and not regular good. It’s hard to weigh the UH and Army games at this point, but both of those teams seem a little sus currently.

That is fair, i've watched part of both of their games and I don't think they're amazing but they seem like they can hang around in football games. Texas looked like a competent top 25ish football team against Alabama but they were clearly very amped and even had a rowdy crowd for once, a let down against UTSA (or Texas Tech) would be extremely on brand.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Scott Frost can continue his career elsewhere while Nebraska begins searching anew for someone who can build a time machine and take them back to 1995

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a 3 or 4 loss champion out of the Big 12; early on it’s shaping up like there are no truly bad teams and probably no top-10 caliber ones either.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

General Dog posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a 3 or 4 loss champion out of the Big 12; early on it’s shaping up like there are no truly bad teams and probably no top-10 caliber ones either.

Oklahoma will probably win it with 2 losses. They always have these games that look like maybe they’ll suck and then they proceed to crush the conference.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

gently caress Nebraska and all but good for them. You can't let that dude stick around a second longer. Really crazy how the prodigal sun came home and killed the program dead for god knows how long to come.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Never forget Mike Riley let kids skip leg day

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Never forget Mike Riley let kids skip leg day

It's really funny how they bitched and moaned about Pelini only winning 9 games a year and then hired a dude that never had less than 4 losses in a season in his career

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Qwijib0 posted:

They (gestures at tv executives) should bite the bullet and move the start of the college day to 11a ET if they are going to drag games out to 4 hours with commercials. 9pm local start as a once a season thing, maybe but if that's the usual time you reduce your season holder potential pool a lot

This is probably because my ticket is in North Endzone but people would complain so much about even the 7:00 PM start and usually I am nearly alone in my section after 10:00 PM so you are probably right.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
So what’s A&M gonna do with Jimbo because they always seem to have a bunch of great recruits and end up finishing with 9 wins anyways

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Coaches poll still has Bama at #1 and are cowards

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Roasted Donut posted:

gently caress Nebraska and all but good for them. You can't let that dude stick around a second longer. Really crazy how the prodigal sun came home and killed the program dead for god knows how long to come.

How the hell did that happen anyway? Frost came off super hot from UCF, and just utterly poo poo the bed. I know part of the problem is Nebraska is severed from its old recruiting grounds in TX/OK, but still, losing to sun belt teams is embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Adun posted:

So what’s A&M gonna do with Jimbo because they always seem to have a bunch of great recruits and end up finishing with 9 wins anyways

The folks in Lincoln are hiring.