Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The bears game is blacked out in Detroit, what’s the field look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I completely cleaned out the fridge of all expired food, washed everything down, all while listening to the bears win

Magical day

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Same Ol’ Lions.

A tale as old as time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdV0mmHrfBM

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The bears game is blacked out in Detroit, what’s the field look like?

Gloops and glorps

it also looks like victory

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Considering nobody drowned, I give the field an A+

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I was in the garage finishing up a liquor cabinet in making and came back in for the last four minutes. I was shocked when I saw the score, took me a minute to really believe it. Let’s play them all in a downpour.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
The slip n slide at the end was a nice touch. First place Bears...for a short while.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1569054566062387200

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I love this dumb miserable sport

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You got to appreciate the Bears winning in the most Bears way possible

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hail Satan

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
edit gently caress wrong thread!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Grass green

Sky blue

Lions defense cannot tackle worth a poo poo

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Same Old Lions lol

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not really. I thought it was pretty good game for the Lions. Some bad, but lots of good.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

CharlestheHammer posted:

You got to appreciate the Bears winning in the most Bears way possible

It's so funny that I spent all offseason pondering questions like "I wonder what the offense is gonna look like? What if Fields is good? What if Getsy tailors the scheme to the personnel better than Nagy? I wonder if the defense is gonna take a step back without Mack and Hicks? Can you really rely on two rookies to upgrade the secondary?" and then the first game of the season is like...the epitome of 21st century Chicago Bears football. There is no escape

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

xbilkis posted:

It's so funny that I spent all offseason pondering questions like "I wonder what the offense is gonna look like? What if Fields is good? What if Getsy tailors the scheme to the personnel better than Nagy? I wonder if the defense is gonna take a step back without Mack and Hicks? Can you really rely on two rookies to upgrade the secondary?" and then the first game of the season is like...the epitome of 21st century Chicago Bears football. There is no escape

Bears winning 5-9 games every year until I die.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Danny LaFever posted:

Not really. I thought it was pretty good game for the Lions. Some bad, but lots of good.

this post from anywhere between 1960 and 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the lions fans spent all off season hyping up their D….so that doesn’t seem good

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I mean, that was a really good game if you had remotely realistic expectations for the Lions this year.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Q_res posted:

I mean, that was a really good game if you had remotely realistic expectations for the Lions this year.

i expect 4 wins so yes

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Mitch screwed by a doink again.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dexo posted:

Bears winning 5-9 games every year until I die.

They went to a superbowl in your lifetime. Unless your 16 i suppose. You gotta appreciate what you're given. drat youngins with no appreciation for what the Virginia has built.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the lions fans spent all off season hyping up their D….so that doesn’t seem good

Did we? Defense was always going to be the weak link. Okwara brothers and their last two second round DTs are not playing either.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

CharlestheHammer posted:

I'm not sure what thread you were reading since pretty much everyone recognized there were huge questions/concerns at linebacker and in the secondary.

The main takeaway of the game for me is that this team can compete, but they still have some major issues to work out. This game could have been an entirely different story if the Lions had made anything of their three offensive possessions after that initial score - but they didn't, they let the Eagles get ahead, and spent the entire rest of the game playing catch-up.

So, yeah. Not mad, but certainly disappointed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/_Brocktoon_/status/1569062963302088704

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If I wanted to build on some positives. Okudah looked really good. Rodrigo looks legit. They had big issues with contain on Hurts.

Goff was bad in the first half and they had 6 drops including St. Brown's first two of his career, but Swift ran all over the Eagles. The OL was really good and they put up a ton of points.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Packers first offensive play: rookie wr drops a sure TD pass on a go route.

Gonna be a rough year.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Malaria posted:

Packers first offensive play: rookie wr drops a sure TD pass on a go route.

Gonna be a rough year.

I am dreading Watson is MVS 2.0 but wasn’t expecting it on the first play of the year

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Hopefully this won’t be a complete repeat of last season’s packers opener. But it’s looking grim. At least the defense is looking competent.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Super Bowl runner-up Joe Burrow just lost to Mitch

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

NVP strikes again.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Hand Row posted:

I am dreading Watson is MVS 2.0 but wasn’t expecting it on the first play of the year

I mean he torched whatever CB was on him. Sooo you can try and look at as a positive I guess. He looks real fast.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mitch wins. Bears/Fields win. Chiefs offense cooking early. Everyone is happy :)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I wouldn’t judge a player based on one play. He may drop a lot of passes in the long run but we won’t know that for a while yet

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

We're well on our way to a Fields vs Trubisky Super Bowl matchup

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I cannot take many more of these "plays like garbage, puts the team in a huge hole oh NOW I'll start playing like a real quarterback!!" games from Goff. Please just be good or be bad, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

I cannot take many more of these "plays like garbage, puts the team in a huge hole oh NOW I'll start playing like a real quarterback!!" games from Goff. Please just be good or be bad, man.

I think he'd take being bad then.

By year's end we'll say that Goff is the ceiling for the offense and we'll be ready for another QB.