Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

he seemed like an ok nfl qb with very good recievers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Ehud posted:

you don't believe in our ability to win @ Baltimore down to 2nd and 3rd string OTs?

I believe in whatever scenario that makes us question, but not really be sure if our quarterback needs to be let go immediately or if they can be salvaged. That is the only option for us, forever.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

https://twitter.com/fernandezandrec/status/1569060009639841792?s=46&t=dh7ucQZw2WvtEwryCQeCbg

edit got a video

https://twitter.com/claywplg/status/1569065385198067719?s=46&t=dh7ucQZw2WvtEwryCQeCbg

Ehud fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 11, 2022

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Tua seemed fine. The Baltimore and Buffalo games in the next two weeks will hopefully answer a lot more questions. I would be quietly optimistic if I were a Dolphins fan

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Love all the shots of Belichick on the sideline confused about all the chickens that have come home to roost.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If he can complete 70% of his throws at 8.4ypa with no turnovers most of the time it will be an ok season even if he isn’t the real answer.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Love all the shots of Belichick on the sideline confused about all the chickens that have come home to roost.

“Was...was I a fraud the whole time?”

Nov 6, 2002

The Dolphins weapons looked great today and are a reminder that talent above all else matters. Tua still looked like a guy in the middle of his rookie season.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Justin Herbert is driving daggers into my soul rn

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How could he have beaten the Patriots 4 times in just half a season?!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So the Pats looked as advertised, right?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1569070295310368768?s=46&t=lzlDQSlg_yOLHhDWrclqLQ

Live to see another day

E Miami learn how to fuckin grill

https://twitter.com/lakerscanes305/status/1569062387860267010?s=46&t=2bI9zTqL6K3MLpNJPk1Q6Q

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

fsif posted:

They looked bad enough that when Mac Jones’ rookie contract is over, teams will convince themselves it’s all NE’s fault he didn’t succeed and they’ll pay him a bunch of money to discover he was part of the problem.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

They struggled to put drives together and made some really awful mistakes in pass protection that killed drives and led to turnovers. Couldn't convert on the ground in short yardage when they needed - bad run blocking too.

Almost like someone was running the offensive line that didn't know what they were doing.

Defense was in position to make plays, but they were simply getting physically clowned in the secondary by superior players who juked them out of their shoes, beat them to the edges and literally ripped INTs out of their hands. Reminder that a bunch of guys who are "versatile, jack of all trades" actually suck.

Except Dugger, he played well.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

IMO having real coordinators is important. Just saying.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets need to beg Sean Payton to take 20 million a year.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Tua didn't look like a radically different player than last year, but it's week one against a division rival I'm not sure there's a reason to give a poo poo beyond an intention to stick a flag in the ground over your priors.

I'm not really sure I saw the thing that everyone expected in re: to New England's offensive coaching. It didn't seem like the sub-NFL level stuff everyone seemed to expect.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Mac Jones just sucks and it’s awesome.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Jets seem to be in the position of hoping their offense will be better when Zach Wilson and Duane Brown get back.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Awaiting comment from mcmagic

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1569058492626993152?s=20&t=AbcfVYohqs3wJJx8UJJrIg

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mcmagic posted:

The Jets need to beg Sean Payton to take 20 million a year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Congrats I guess at having competent starting corners.

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1569068270770069504

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Congrats I guess at having competent starting corners.

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1569068270770069504

Yeah and they STILL gave up THREE long TD passes to probably the worst passing game in the NFL because CB's don't loving matter.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

Yeah and they STILL gave up THREE long TD passes to probably the worst passing game in the NFL because CB's don't loving matter.

The Jets basically lost that game because of: (1) three big plays in the passing game, one on blanket coverage by Hall, one where Whitehead was out of position, and the deep ball where Bateman ran right by Joyner (2) Mann's dogshit 20 yard punt, and (3) several drive-killing mistakes, mostly the Davis drop and the Conklin/Breece fumbles. The corners, Sauce/Reed at least, definitely matter.

Really all that matters is that Flacco is hot garbage and the offense is pretty hopeless with him in there. I think the defense is going to keep them in games but, like you said during the game, there's only so long before the dam breaks if the offense is shooting itself in the foot every drive and Braden Mann can't punt the ball more than 40 yards.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 11, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

The Jets basically lost that game because of: (1) three big plays in the passing game, one on blanket coverage by Hall, one where Whitehead was out of position, and the deep ball where Bateman ran right by Joyner (2) Mann's dogshit 20 yard punt, and (3) several drive-killing mistakes, mostly the Davis drop and the Conklin/Breece fumbles. The corners definitely matter.

They lost the game because they are playing a 97 year old at QB who physically can't run a decent 2022 caliber NFL offense. And because their OL sucks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Corners and safeties matter a lot in the nfl

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sweet moment

https://twitter.com/miamidolphins/status/1569092993264533504?s=46&t=olVOs8lBM4nx6ShRn6_N9w

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

They lost the game because they are playing a 97 year old at QB who physically can't run a decent 2022 caliber NFL offense. And because their OL sucks.

I mean the really insane thing is that Flacco threw the ball 59 times. That flabbergasts me every time I think about it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

I mean the really insane thing is that Flacco threw the ball 59 times. That flabbergasts me every time I think about it.

Wait WHAT

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

fsif posted:

Wait WHAT

When you have Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco you gotta give him the ball and let him win the game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

When you have Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco you gotta give him the ball and let him win the game

This coaching staff has no idea what they are doing.

This dogshit GM and the coaching staff couldn't shut up about how they wouldn't miss a beat with Flacco so I guess we should take them at their word. They have no idea what they are doing no matter who the QB is. Losers who will never win anything.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 12, 2022

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

This dogshit GM and the coaching staff couldn't shut up about how they wouldn't miss a beat with Flacco so I guess we should take them at their word. They have no idea what they are doing no matter who the QB is. Losers who will never win anything.

Mcmagic man, we tell you this all the time, the coaches/front office are never going to say that a player sucks in a press conference. That's why it was so shocking that the Colts bad mouthed Wentz even with him on a different team.

Even if they know Flacco sucks they aren't going to say it because if they are looking to trade for a better backup QB if a team knows they are desperate they are going to get squeezed.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Mcmagic man, we tell you this all the time, the coaches/front office are never going to say that a player sucks in a press conference. That's why it was so shocking that the Colts bad mouthed Wentz even with him on a different team.

Even if they know Flacco sucks they aren't going to say it because if they are looking to trade for a better backup QB if a team knows they are desperate they are going to get squeezed.

Their ACTIONS are that they traded actual draft assets for Flacco then signed him again as a FA this year for a high paid backup contract when they had Mike White here. They didn't acquire another backup when Wilson got hurt, they chose to start Flacco over White and Streveler and when we all saw Flacco playing like he played today they didn't even think of benching him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

He can be the dad Tua never had.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1569090287225503744

The Jets are such loving losers that they are even redefining down "moral victories" from playing well and losing a close game at the buzzer on a late kick or something to playing well for like 32 mins of game time in a game that was 24-3 going into garbage time.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Their ACTIONS are that they traded actual draft assets for Flacco then signed him again as a FA this year for a high paid backup contract when they had Mike White here. They didn't acquire another backup when Wilson got hurt, they chose to start Flacco over White and Streveler and when we all saw Flacco playing like he played today they didn't even think of benching him.

Both Mike White and Joe Flacco are terrible and it wouldn't have mattered.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
This truly is pathetic. I loving hate this team.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

When have the Jets ever done something to not make their fans miserable?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

yeah, that's about it really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I honestly have to ask the question: Is Saleh (and his staff) really that much better than Gase? After 18 games they look absolutely lost and this team has no identity.