Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

Apart from the ingame stuff it's becoming highly concerning how consistently lifeless the Packers look after:
  • starting the season
  • coming off a bye
  • traveling to California
  • traveling to Florida

This points to a serious coaching problem that I don't know if LaFleur has the capacity to recognize and fix.

Except when they're constantly going 13-3/4 and getting to the playoffs, they ain't going to recognize and fix poo poo, 'cuz from their point of view, nothing's broken.

I'm curious to see what the post-Rodgers era looks like for this team. It'd be hilarious if LaFleur is the next Marty Shcottenheimer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I'm curious to see what the post-Rodgers era looks like for this team.

https://twitter.com/WinksThinks/status/1569105885439397890

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Except when they're constantly going 13-3/4 and getting to the playoffs, they ain't going to recognize and fix poo poo, 'cuz from their point of view, nothing's broken.

LaFleur done, looks like Rodgers is speaking now.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

SKULL.GIF posted:

LaFleur done, looks like Rodgers is speaking now.

For a second there I read this as Rodgers saying that he was firing LaFleur

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The Packers will be fine and will probably win about 12 games. If the coaching during the post-season gets remotely fixed, I could give a gently caress where the 4/5 losses during the regular season come from or when in the season they come. Two of the post-season losses are on him, last year is split between S/T and Aaron.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The packers will be fine but if the offense doesn’t right itself then next weeks gonna be a slog

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Doubs looked pretty decent, Watkins looked pretty decent, Big Bob looked very, very reassuring for coming off an ACL injury in October and the backs both looked good. Considering this was essentially a preseason game, I'm more worried about the secondary lacking the ability to adjust to 1 receiver

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

The packers will be fine but if the offense doesn’t right itself then next weeks gonna be a slog

The line needs to get fixed. Either Bahk and Jenkins come back, or they need to figure something out.

I think the WR situation isn't that bad. Oh no, a rookie dropped a TD pass on the first play of his first start - I'm not ready to call him MVS v2 yet.

Speaking of which... how'd MVS do on the Chiefs?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Doubs looked pretty decent, Watkins looked pretty decent, Big Bob looked very, very reassuring for coming off an ACL injury in October and the backs both looked good. Considering this was essentially a preseason game, I'm more worried about the secondary lacking the ability to adjust to 1 receiver

To my eyes it looked like they were playing exclusively zone for the entire game and Jefferson was moving all over the field attacking gaps in the coverage. I think that's on the safeties, especially Savage. Dunno why the Packers aren't playing man coverage when we have the best lockdown corner in the league.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Also Aaron Jones needs a bigger workload, I don't care how, he needs the ball more because with even a little space he's the best big play weapon the team has and it's not close at the moment.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bearsiest win in a few seasons, full Bears.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

SKULL.GIF posted:

To my eyes it looked like they were playing exclusively zone for the entire game and Jefferson was moving all over the field attacking gaps in the coverage. I think that's on the safeties, especially Savage. Dunno why the Packers aren't playing man coverage when we have the best lockdown corner in the league.

Yeah and when Jaire had assignments with Jefferson 1 on 1 he was glued. Pretty sure the exact same thing happened two years ago? Also, the amount of pre-snap poo poo the Vikings did today was absolutely not something Barry planned for particularly the first 15 plays.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also kind of weird people are trying to style on the Packers about Adams when they split pretty cleanly and there doesn’t seem to be much they could have done to keep him

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also kind of weird people are trying to style on the Packers about Adams when they split pretty cleanly and there doesn’t seem to be much they could have done to keep him

He literally didn't want to come back for any amount of money in the world.

And he wanted to play with his college buddy David Carr. :laffo: :shrek:

I wish Davante the best in life, he's a good dude, but :lol:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey! That’s a classic go to for a Matt Nagy press conference.

https://twitter.com/markgrotesports/status/1186344322935001088?s=46&t=tTxcRR8Vx-MoUtKu6WOT0g

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's something interesting to consider: da bears

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
and you guys were doubting Zero Dark LeBron Kirk

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I will never again doubt zero dark LeBron mode.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I’m considering it, and for at least one week, I’m liking the hell out of it.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Zero dork LeBron mode.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

I will never again doubt zero dark LeBron mode.

He's dialed in

And he has more wins than two entire divisions

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bears and Vikings two of the best teams in the NFC.

Beating two teams people had as favorites coming into this year

Look at us, who would have thought

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

R.D. Mangles posted:

Big if true.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Packers had the best WR in football, now they don't and they only scored 7 points. It's very funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Aaron Fraudgers

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Can Confirm

Extremely Funny

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dominique Robinson is legit and he loving rules.

also the part where the guy did that helmet to helmet hit on the fields slide and then got surrounded by the entire offensive line was pretty cool.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He literally didn't want to come back for any amount of money in the world.

And he wanted to play with his college buddy David Carr. :laffo: :shrek:

I wish Davante the best in life, he's a good dude, but :lol:

He gets more money, gets to live in Las Vegas instead of Green Bay, and doesn't get yelled at about out routes. Seems pretty dope tbh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Seriously lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1569128694542749697

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

did i see patrick playing guard while mustipher was playing center?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

did i see patrick playing guard while mustipher was playing center?

Patrick and Tevin rotated in and out

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Adun posted:

He gets more money, gets to live in Las Vegas instead of Green Bay, and doesn't get yelled at about out routes. Seems pretty dope tbh

Fair enough, but he’s going to get yelled at by Josh McDaniels, who will eventually trade Carr for *spins wheel* Jimmy Garoppolo.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Doubs looked pretty decent,

I went to go look this guy's stat line up since Packers posters keep talking about him, and he's literally not even listed on NFL.com's recap. What an awful, awful site.

Anyway he sucks, Justin Jefferson sucks, Adam Thielen sucks, *goes to Chicago's PFR page* uhhhh Dante Pettis sucks, all will kneel before the Sun God:
https://twitter.com/JeffKerrCBS/status/1569096070097178624

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

both St. Brown brothers scored TDs today

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

tinstaach posted:

I went to go look this guy's stat line up since Packers posters keep talking about him, and he's literally not even listed on NFL.com's recap. What an awful, awful site.

NFL.com is completely worthless. Use ESPN for day-of stats, use PFR for anything else.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401437649

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1569108564995710976

https://twitter.com/thepeoplescunt/status/1569112403983450113

BEAR FOOTBAWWWWW

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A text-to-image AI explaining what happened at the Bears/Packers game this afternoon: