Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CowboyCats/status/1567980715610091521

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Oh no, we let the dogs and deer hang out too much.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
https://twitter.com/donnaeilidhkean/status/1568148774790352898?t=74OTUcqM3um3DNCinQlNTQ&s=19

A search and rescue rat enjoying retirement

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/1kclJnO.mp4

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I wish I could sleep that well

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/pqX0BRK.mp4

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Floof performs for food:

https://i.imgur.com/UQF4aEh.mp4

(Sound on)

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Sorely tempted to report this post for not having sound.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Don't have any pics, but a story.

With the recent rescue of all those beagles that had been kept for animal testing, my sister in law decided to get one, Max. She and her hub like dogs, but they don't really get dogs. Mrs. Underbridge and I have been giving them advice on getting him used to being a free dog that is cared for. His first days he would hardly eat or drink, and spent his time hiding behind the toilet shaking. He's slowly stopped shaking, but is still very fearful. They don't understand why he doesn't just immediately love them, and we have to keep hammering "Patience! Let him come out and get used to things at his own pace!".

Since we've seen lots of videos of neglected dogs being rehabilitated, we decided to bring our own rescue, Charlie over to see if he could help. Charlie is good with people, crowds and other dogs, and is both calm (now) and playful. When Max was first brought out of the bathroom, he immediately went and hid behind furniture, tail tucked firmly. When he saw Charlie, he showed interest. Charlie went over and whined, did a play bow and lay down in front of him. Max was clearly fascinated, and came out to see Charlie and there was a lot of mutual dick sniffing. Charlie would put a paw on Max and lick him. Before long Max was actually wagging his tail a bit, and at one point did an actual tail up wag. We would call Charlie over for pets and Max would follow, staring the whole time. He even approached us for some quick sniffs. He kept watching everything Charlie did. After an hour or so, he even lay down in a relaxed pose, with his ears in the attentive posture. We took Charlie into the other room and for his first time Max actually figured out how to get up the two steps to the other room. While playing, he gave a relaxed dog smile for the first time anyone had seen.

We knew some neglected dogs need another dog to teach them how to dog, and Charlie did a really good job in that short time. We decided to let Charlie have a sleep over so he could keep helping. He's turning out to be a really good therapy dog!

We're going to take him over more this week.

Tl,dr: Neglected dog learns to relax and be a dog from our good boi.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Charlie is a good therapy dog and you're good people for bringing him to help Max. I hope Max learns he's safe and can be happy.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Friends of mine adopted a dog that had been in a very similar situation (some kind of university study dog; Not abused, but emotionally neglected.) She was a great dog, but it took years of love and training for the fear to fully wear off. Committing to a dog like that is a wonderful thing to do, but it’s not easy by any means.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/todayyearsoldig/status/1568641418431967233

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/yohosiefgc/status/1568819720492847104

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/todayyearsoldig/status/1569023831418994688

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
why do people think animals can't swim?

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
A lot of them can’t

mystes
May 31, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

In the case of rabbits at least, there are two kinds of rabbits (marsh rabbits and swamp rabbits, both found in the southern United States) that can swim. All other rabbits can't and it's not good for them to even get wet.

So it's not really surprising that people who haven't encountered those two kinds of rabbits don't expect rabbits to be able to swim.

Dunno about bats

mystes has a new favorite as of 22:46 on Sep 11, 2022

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

mystes posted:

In the case of rabbits at least, there are two kinds of rabbits (marsh rabbits and swamp rabbits, both found in the southern United States) that can swim. All other rabbits can't and it's not good for them to even get wet.

So it's not really surprising that people who haven't encountered those two kinds of rabbits don't expect rabbits to be able to swim.

Dunno about bats

Jimmy Carter learned this the hard way.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
those animals suck and don't count

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Neon Noodle posted:

A lot of them can’t

The majority of mammals have a swimming instinct I believe

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Regarde Aduck posted:

I had several teachers who declared that pigs couldn't swim because they'd "cut their throats with their sharp trotters" despite that making no loving sense.

Me, who had literally swam with pigs in dams dozens of times was shouted down and called a liar.

One teacher doing it would have been bad enough, but it was at least three different ones at two different schools a thousand miles apart.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Of course bats can swim. Water is just the air of the water.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
e: I'm afraid I have messed my trousers if you would give me leave I would like to retire to the gentlemen's room

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BasicLich has a new favorite as of 05:57 on Sep 12, 2022

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

BasicLich posted:

strong criticism of black people from forums poster Regarde Aduck

personally I think it's a social issue, many black people can with instruction swim they are just not afforded the opportunities to learn. I, Basiclich promise in my potential administration to further opportunities for all peoples to better themselves, overcome adversity and together we may build a better world.

thank you all and I cede the rest of my time

This is some real yikers z posting

Edit: Basic, please seek help, or return to the regular consumption of your meds, whichever applies.

Jobbo_Fett has a new favorite as of 05:03 on Sep 12, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BasicLich posted:

personally I think it's a social issue, many black people can with instruction swim they are just not afforded the opportunities to learn. I, Basiclich promise in my potential administration to further opportunities for all peoples to better themselves, overcome adversity and together we may build a better world.

What.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

BasicLich posted:

Mods?!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Ground floor.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I think Basic is joking, pretending to misread in a comically foolish way, but also maybe

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Ground floor.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
For some jokes, the punchline is getting punted off the forum

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I had several teachers who declared that pigs couldn't swim because they'd "cut their throats with their sharp trotters" despite that making no loving sense.

Me, who had literally swam with pigs in dams dozens of times was shouted down and called a liar.

One teacher doing it would have been bad enough, but it was at least three different ones at two different schools a thousand miles apart.

I thought the same thing for ages, turns out it's from a Dick King Smith book.

edit: Or not, the urban legend goes back to at least the 1860s! wild.

thatbastardken has a new favorite as of 05:56 on Sep 12, 2022

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

If flattering their ears in that manner renders a bun too streamlined, causing them to accelerate excessively, it's ok.

They can always Ear-o-brake.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

thatbastardken posted:

I thought the same thing for ages, turns out it's from a Dick King Smith book.

edit: Or not, the urban legend goes back to at least the 1860s! wild.

Now that's just wild.

You'd think at some point in the last 160 years someone would have bothered to ask a farmer about it.

Or go to the Bahamas where it's a tourist attraction

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Which Nirvana album is that?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And then there's the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krsMUmgwEys

Ralph the Swimming Pig from Aquarena Springs in Texas.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Jobbo_Fett posted:

In Snootero

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Neon Noodle posted:

In Snootero

Neverswined

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I hope you like mysteries with a happy ending...

https://twitter.com/hiitaylorblake/status/1569358290311692290?s=20&t=xgGUBstH8oFsXkNSJ8kdew

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The one from a timeline where Cobain didn't die and slowly turned into Axl Rose instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

BaronVonVaderham posted:

The one from a timeline where Cobain didn't die and slowly turned into Axl Rose instead.

That would be Kurt Cobains nightmare since they hated eachother