Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Kylo Ren yelling more but he’s referring to your cheekbones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Desperately begging Hollywood to find normal people as the new batch of inbred clones are rolled out.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Koirhor posted:

you mean to tell me humans wouldn’t just hunt released dinos to extinction like everything else, especially with all the guns among americans like this movie is so dumb

I feel like dinosaurs running loose and the governments just telling everyone to live with it is absolutely fitting given the past 2 years.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I feel like dinosaurs running loose and the governments just telling everyone to live with it is absolutely fitting given the past 2 years.

:hotpickle:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Koirhor posted:

oh kids love this poo poo, but the adult brain strains under suspension of disbelief

I know a couple of things I'd like to strain against whilst they're suspended over me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Antonymous posted:

these two people must currently be several sstandard deviations down the line but in the future they will be considered normal

they're beneficial for seeing predators approaching from the side

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
It’s very depressing when Finding Nemo did some really pretty ocean scenes 15 years ago and the new Mermaid movie is going to be murky as hell for that realism and 80% of the effects budget going to providing the FX supervisors more whips for the exhausted artists.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This is a great suggestion but i'm really waiting for the guy who cited a tumblr post for why he hates fat people to weigh in.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This is a great suggestion but i'm really waiting for the guy who cited a tumblr post for why he hates fat people to weigh in.

No opinion whatsoever, sorry to disappoint :)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I can't really imagine caring about the specifics of Disney's live-action remake cash-in attempts, I stopped paying attention after the jungle book one

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

loquacius posted:

I can't really imagine caring about the specifics of Disney's live-action remake cash-in attempts, I stopped paying attention after the jungle book one

glass houses and all but who did you have to piss off to earn that av

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Mr Hootington posted:

Desperately begging Hollywood to find normal people as the new batch of inbred clones are rolled out.

Hollywood just keeps importing Scandinavian men and Australian women, and flinging them at each other at high speed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

glass houses and all but who did you have to piss off to earn that av

No clue

The succzone has been gathering heat lately (RIP sexpig) and a bunch of people with posts there inexplicably got avs of MSNBC people for some reason. I literally had to ask who this guy was lol

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this looks it will be p good, and early reports out of TIFF are that it is, but it's wild how so many ~prestige~ directors are doing their ROMA-ish movies now inspired by their childhood (spielberg, mendes, branagh, PTA off the top of my head). obv this isn't necessarily anything new but it seems like there's been a string of these in the wake of ROMA

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1568948828845363200

If anything Jodorowsky did it first with Endless Poetry

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

does anyone even like these live-action movies

jesus christ they've made like 20 of these things

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Zokari posted:

They all make like 700 million dollars

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Zokari posted:

I imagine parents take their kids to see them as a way of experiencing their own childhood classics on a big screen and this generates more action than simply re-screening the originals.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the fish scale lower body is freaking me out
not a fan

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

oh sh*t i hope ur all ready for the motherfucking aristocats live-action remake theyve announced

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Antonymous posted:

these two people must currently be several sstandard deviations down the line but in the future they will be considered normal

:chloe:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Disney live action remakes are a way to launder nostalgia and also make that the version of record which is handy if the old movie has any ideology disney currently finds problematic lol

That's why theyre the same movie but worse and with seemingly inexplicable changes

Just a way to claim more cash while MiniTruth'ing your prior output

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the wikipedia entry for the disney live-action remakes mentions that the lion king remake was the top-grossing animated film of all time

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zokari posted:

apparently they're done as absolutely dirt cheap garbage as possible and dont even bother spending money marketing for the most part because it's just an IP-renewal so it doesnt go into public domain. and also to get a quick slice of nostalgia-parents-with-kids-now money

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Zokari posted:

just learned barry jenkins is making a live action lion king/mufasa prequel lmao

the first live action one looked so fuckin awful, like the animals show no emotion it's just bizarre, there is nothing to draw the eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odct-iawKtk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MxulhivCvI

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

kids movies always do good numbers, and kids are stupid and enjoy them. its not much more complicated than that

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

yeah all these live action remakes make a ton of money despite every single one being trash that immediately gets erased from the public consciousness

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

kids movies always do good numbers, and kids are stupid and enjoy them. its not much more complicated than that

you say that but that godawful animated samurai blazing saddles movie bombed with 24 million gross worldwide

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

remember when disney decided animals from africa that reenact hamlet should be voiced by english speakers with african bloodlines

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

sorry that sounds insanely racist. I am just remembering what I heard for why a nearly identical remake was needed. and I remember it sounded fever-dream level

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

everyone who made tonights episode of hotd should be arrested

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

"we need to remake bambi because the original voice cast wasn't entirely great-lakes region first people" or something idk

conflating animal range with indigenous people as a justification for erasing a beloved classic not made by that culture sounds psychotic to me idk

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
are there any recent A24 movies that are worth watching?

already saw EEAAO and Green Knight

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

Disney live action remakes are a way to launder nostalgia and also make that the version of record which is handy if the old movie has any ideology disney currently finds problematic lol

That's why theyre the same movie but worse and with seemingly inexplicable changes

Just a way to claim more cash while MiniTruth'ing your prior output

i dont think theyre intended to replace the originals at all or they'd've already started rereleasing the earlier ones

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

TheSlutPit posted:

If anything Jodorowsky did it first with Endless Poetry

Whats with all these big time directors making movies about the old times with some nerdy white guy? Their life story cause they dying?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Femur posted:

Whats with all these big time directors making movies about the old times with some nerdy white guy? Their life story cause they dying?

yah

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Femur posted:

Well Oscar Wilde famously said “In every first novel the hero is the author as Christ or as Faust” and maybe some filmmakers just take a bit longer to find that voice.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Awaiting David lynch's remake of Brave Little Toaster

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

i dont think theyre intended to replace the originals at all or they'd've already started rereleasing the earlier ones

No they're not replacements, it's more like an amendment to the original text where all the changes have been redlined. None of the references or jokes that point at problematic elements of the originals make sense without the originals, they go together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Good soup! posted:

Awaiting David lynch's remake of Brave Little Toaster

I already thought the air conditioner was scary enough as a kid, tyvm