Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Daemon rules. he's so ridiculous. It's like the Euron role of cool.

e: oh I didn't know the new episode was out, will watch tmw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

RIP sassy Baratheon.

You died as you lived, with an 8 year old's sword inside you.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:mad:"gently caress off boy"
:haw: "he called me boy"

Oh Rhaenyra:allears:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

lol I knew that kid would win.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I know for a fact there's someone out there who was surprised by the incest turn, and I want to know everything about how they live without the capacity to learn.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

okay so how correct was HOTDSource in saying:
"Critics who have seen episode 4 of #HouseOfTheDragon are calling it one of the most controversial episodes in the history of the Game Of Thrones franchise, oh wow 🤯"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

90% of that episode was people taking off clothes jeez louise!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Remember when there were a couple of articles saying "house of the dragon has toned down violence and sex and won't be like GOT"

Bunch of reactionary dumbasses who didn't watch any episode.

:lol:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Xiahou Dun posted:

RIP sassy Baratheon.

You died as you lived, with an 8 year old's sword inside you.

I think he was supposed to be a Bracken since they have generational conflict with the Blackwoods.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Barreft posted:

okay so how correct was HOTDSource in saying:
"Critics who have seen episode 4 of #HouseOfTheDragon are calling it one of the most controversial episodes in the history of the Game Of Thrones franchise, oh wow 🤯"

Depends on how controversial you consider abortion I'd imagine. Which is not a small amount of people admittedly.

Really enjoyed this episode. I can imagine GOT watchers tuning out of the massive focus on political intrigue and court drama but it's extremely my poo poo.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Miching Mallecho posted:

Remember when there were a couple of articles saying "house of the dragon has toned down violence and sex and won't be like GOT"

Why reactionary

Edit: also what review said it was less violent? Most said the opposite.

Starks fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 12, 2022

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The trailer for next week looks intense. This week was gently caress around, next week is find out,

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

ruddiger posted:

I think he was supposed to be a Bracken since they have generational conflict with the Blackwoods.

Ah word. I saw a 4-legged mammal rearing on his chest and thought it was a stag, but this makes much more sense.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Miching Mallecho posted:

hmm yes let me simply verify by watching five seconds of daenerys' season one storyline to confirm. oh no. oh no no no

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Miching Mallecho posted:

where was this

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Someone needs to talk to this actress about her French jarjar binks accent holy poo poo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Miching Mallecho posted:

Did they not see the farting butt close-up and severed balls?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

It was pretty :unsmith: seeing Rhaynera be carefree and happy for once.

Too bad its going to turbofuck the realm.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I AM GRANDO posted:

Did they not see the farting butt close-up and severed balls?

That's a loving thread title right there.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[sung like Owner of a Lonely Hart] close-up severed balls butt fart

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Encouraging to know that Westeros is more progressive than many Republicans on Plan B/abortion.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why is there so much random fire in King's Landing?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The dragon aesthetic is the in-thing, maaaan!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why is there so much random fire in King's Landing?

It's their only light source besides the Sun, I'm guessing it's pretty popular.

Of course, the immediate response to that is that 1) that doesn't match the lighting in the show and 2) this isn't Barry loving Lyndon which is a good response because it's mine.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its wildfire season

Devils Avocado
Mar 25, 2009
If I remember the book correctly, little boy Blackwood’s name is “Benjicoot”.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Devils Avocado posted:

If I remember the book correctly, little boy Blackwood’s name is “Benjicoot”.

I can see the resemblance.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Good episode that helps move the plot forward. I'm wondering if we'll have another 2 year jump for the next episode.

Also, it looks like Mysaria may be wanting new work soon. Her spying for the Hand gig just dried up.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I'd start slashing dudes too if my name was Benjicoot

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Gresh posted:

Encouraging to know that Westeros is more progressive than many Republicans on Plan B/abortion.

"the scion of a wealthy house gets a no questions asked abortion if it's politically necessary" is their basic belief anyway

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

Viserys looks like Geralt if he owned a riding mower

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cristin Cole really struggling there, almost stops himself like 5 times

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Neither of them seemed to think about what would happen if someone walked by and noticed no kingsguard on duty in front of Rhaenyra’s door.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Starks posted:

Someone needs to talk to this actress about her French jarjar binks accent holy poo poo

It seemed toned down compared to before but maybe that's just because she didn't have a minute-long monologue to struggle through this time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MrMojok posted:

Neither of them seemed to think about what would happen if someone walked by and noticed no kingsguard on duty in front of Rhaenyra’s door.

Oh I think he was thinking about it. He was thinking about a lot of poo poo. Rhaenyra just didn’t give a gently caress, Milly Alcock was great this episode.

I know people are kind of scoffing at the supposed reduction in sex, but if that was a GoT episode, there would’ve been wide shots of full frontal under bright lights and orgy monologing. The scene in her chambers was easily the most stylistic love scene shot in the GoT universe, Thrones was intentionally vulgar and titillating, tonight’s scene would barely need a trim to get a PG13

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

MrMojok posted:

I don’t think many people walk around the castle that late at night, and also we’ve seen in GoT that kingsguards do enter and remain in their protectee’s chambers for conversation or whatever.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

zoux posted:

Milly Alcock was great this episode.

Personally I think she’s been so great all through it, that I’m going to be kinda bummed by the time-jump.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I did appreciate that they were more subtle about their actresses’ nudity, though I’d rather they swing the pendulum the other way by having, well, a bunch of swinging dicks.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Close up of Daemon trying to get hard but unable to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MrMojok posted:

Personally I think she’s been so great all through it, that I’m going to be kinda bummed by the time-jump.

Hoping they hop back and forth so we don’t lose her and Paddy Consodine.

zoux fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 12, 2022