Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Seaniqua posted:

I'm dangerously close to feeling desperate enough to start a new dynasty in NCAA 14

One of the things I did many seasons back was I thought "my coach character would have kids by now," so I made two kids to recruit.

This season, my dynasty has moved so far along that it was time for grandchildren players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

did you know Wake Forest has only ever started a season ranked once before, in 2008

Yes :)

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

PostNouveau posted:

Bo Pelini had four 9-4 seasons and three 10-4 seasons. I'm not even sure why y'all fired him to begin with. Was he banging boosters wives or something?

I wonder why no other FBS school has hired this coaching genius as a head coach. 90% of schools would allow anything up to and including child rape scandals, if only the football team averaged 9.5 wins per year. It's a real head-scratcher, that's for sure.

E: half the posters here have had a coaching change in the last decade. Were you campaigning hard for Pelini? I wonder why not.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 12, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also gently caress me i thought last year was Sam Hartman's last, they're gonna find some loophole that will let him be an 8 year starter

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
a must-watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfCKzl2KjuY

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

regulargonzalez posted:

I wonder why no other FBS school has hired this coaching genius as a head coach. 90% of schools would allow anything up to and including child rape scandals, if only the football team averaged 9.5 wins per year. It's a real head-scratcher, that's for sure.

E: half the posters here have had a coaching change in the last decade. Were you campaigning hard for Pelini? I wonder why not.

these are some salty rear end grapes lmfao

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

regulargonzalez posted:

don’t blame me, I voted for Tom Herman

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Roasted Donut posted:

these are some salty rear end grapes lmfao

Hot takes by the ignorant eventually get annoying.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

regulargonzalez posted:

You can get away with almost anything so long as the fans and administration like you

quote:

Our crowd. What a bunch of loving fair-weather loving—they can all kiss my rear end out the loving door. 'Cause the day is loving coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm loving gone. I'm so loving pissed off

A lot of fans don’t like fair weather fans, just so long as your administration is behind you it…

quote:

It wasn't a surprise to me. It really wasn't. I didn't really have any relationship with the AD. The guy — you guys saw him (Sunday) — the guy's a total p----. I mean, he is. He's a total c---.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jesus I couldn't make it more than 30 seconds. So try-hard

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

regulargonzalez posted:

It's Nebraska thinking they're better than they actually are.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

whos that broooown posted:

It's Nebraska thinking they're better than they actually are.

That's the other demonstrably wrong take that gets repeated over and over again. "Nebraska thinks they can return to the 90s" -- literally the only people thinking we expect that are non-Husker fans. I mean, the first hundred times another fan base tells you what your fan base thinks, it's a little amusing. After that it gets kind of old.

These are the facts:

Fact #1: Nebraska has similar geography and demographics to Iowa, Iowa St, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Purdue.

Fact #2 - Nebraska generates and spends vastly greater sums of money from/on football than any of those programs.

Given the above two facts, the expectations are to be as good as the best team in that above group. That means that most years, Nebraska should be in the hunt for the division lead. They should not be losing 7+ games per year (Frost and Riley) or beating only F-tier teams and getting absolutely boat raced by any team with a pulse (Pelini).

Why should Nebraska have worse results than Wisconsin or Iowa? What inherent advantages do they have that are impossible to replicate at Nebraska, especially considering that we can now probably throw an order of magnitude more NIL money at players than any of those above programs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

since they joined the big ten, nebraska is literally in every single measurable facet a worse program than northwestern

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

since they joined the big ten, nebraska is literally in every single measurable facet a worse program than northwestern

this. they loving suck and do nothing but whine and cry and should be kicked out of the big 10

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i would rather keep rutgers in the big 10 than nebraska if given the choice

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Is money spent on a program a measurable facet?

You have not answered the question of why those other B-tier schools' results are impossible to replicate at Nebraska. What inherent, in-built advantage does Iowa or Wisconsin or Northwestern have that are simply unable to be reproduced at Nebraska? (You haven't answered the question because there isn't an answer, btw. Hth.)

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 12, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

regulargonzalez posted:

You have not answered the question of why those other B-tier schools' results are impossible to replicate at Nebraska. What inherent, in-built advantage does Iowa or Wisconsin or Northwestern have that are simply unable to be reproduced at Nebraska?

its because nebraska loving sucks poo poo, op

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

regulargonzalez posted:

You have not answered the question of why those other B-tier schools' results are impossible to replicate at Nebraska. What inherent, in-built advantage does Iowa or Wisconsin or Northwestern have that are simply unable to be reproduced at Nebraska? (You haven't answered the question because there isn't an answer, btw. Hth.)

they don't make brain dead awful head coaching hires

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Boosters not meddling in the program (as much).

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Alaois posted:

its because nebraska loving sucks poo poo, op

Insight like this makes it really hard to understand why r/cfb kicks the ever living poo poo out of TFF. Football geniuses in this dead rear end forum.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Where the gently caress is my Fullcas After Dark podcast? I want to hear the stuff they went on about after I passed out listening to it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

regulargonzalez posted:

oh absolutely. it makes the fact that all their other measurable are worse than northwestern even more pathetic and loathsome. its kind of you to bring it up

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

regulargonzalez posted:

i'm not answering a question just pointing out that nebraska stinks and is worse than my team which is the worst program in the history of college football that has like 8 people at home games lmao.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Does Nebraska actually spend more on football than Iowa or Wisconsin? I'd like to see some numbers on this.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

regulargonzalez posted:

Insight like this makes it really hard to understand why r/cfb kicks the ever living poo poo out of TFF. Football geniuses in this dead rear end forum.

lmao

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Just keep your corn dirty hands off of Sam Pittman

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

regulargonzalez posted:

(Insert the same KANSAS BEAT TEXAS joke upvoted to the top of every single thread)

E: Or " *Cries in (team name)* "

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Does Nebraska actually spend more on football than Iowa or Wisconsin? I'd like to see some numbers on this.

Quick search showed Wiscy spent $31 mil on football in 20-21 and Nebraska $41 mil

It's perfectly reasonable to expect Wisconsin-style results for a team like Nebraska.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Explain how they don't suck poo poo

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

That's the other demonstrably wrong take that gets repeated over and over again. "Nebraska thinks they can return to the 90s" -- literally the only people thinking we expect that are non-Husker fans. I mean, the first hundred times another fan base tells you what your fan base thinks, it's a little amusing. After that it gets kind of old.

These are the facts:

Fact #1: Nebraska has similar geography and demographics to Iowa, Iowa St, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Purdue.

Fact #2 - Nebraska generates and spends vastly greater sums of money from/on football than any of those programs.

Given the above two facts, the expectations are to be as good as the best team in that above group. That means that most years, Nebraska should be in the hunt for the division lead. They should not be losing 7+ games per year (Frost and Riley) or beating: only F-tier teams and getting absolutely boat raced by any team with a pulse (Pelini).

Why should Nebraska have worse results than Wisconsin or Iowa? What inherent advantages do they have that are impossible to replicate at Nebraska, especially considering that we can now probably throw an order of magnitude more NIL money at players than any of those above programs.

Fact #3: - your program fired two coaches who had vastly superior results to the coaches your program hired to replace them. Your program seems incompetent as a result

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

regulargonzalez posted:

my dude you're the one questioning why Nebraska can't get out of the gutter despite outspending all of the other teams in similar situations, don't get angry at the facts that are in front of your face

sometimes a program is just dog garbage

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

Quick search showed Wiscy spent $31 mil on football in 20-21 and Nebraska $41 mil

It's perfectly reasonable to expect Wisconsin-style results for a team like Nebraska.

Can you cite please

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

regulargonzalez posted:

Borsche69 posted:

oh absolutely. it makes the fact that all their other measurable are worse than northwestern even more pathetic and loathsome. its kind of you to bring it up

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

regulargonzalez posted:

You have not answered the question of why those other B-tier schools' results are impossible to replicate at Nebraska. What inherent, in-built advantage does Iowa or Wisconsin or Northwestern have that are simply unable to be reproduced at Nebraska?

It's not impossible but made harder with their bad AD leadership and Lincoln's remote location. Also, it's a state of 2 million people to Iowa's 3, Minnesota's 5.7, and Wisconsin's 5.9. Tradition and fan support help but those are some serious headwinds.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Can you cite please

Looks like I looked at the wrong number for Nebraska but they do spend more

*In terms of financials, the UW - Madison football program paid out $31,714,090 in expenses *

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/university-of-wisconsin-madison/student-life/sports/#football

* the UNL football program brought home $94,336,296 in revenue and paid out $34,574,999 in total expenses. *

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/university-of-nebraska-lincoln/student-life/sports/#football

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

LLCoolJD posted:

It's not impossible but made harder with their bad AD leadership and Lincoln's remote location. Also, it's a state of 2 million people to Iowa's 3, Minnesota's 5.7, and Wisconsin's 5.9. Tradition and fan support help but those are some serious headwinds.

Thank you for an actual answer vs "they're bad because they suck", begging-the-question nonsense.

Iowa has two FBS schools so that number is essentially cut in half got them. Minnesota and Wisconsin both suffer from being an afterthought compared to the NFL program in their state. I get that it's not an apples to apples comparison but with their revenue, expenditures, and fan support, there's no reason Nebraska shouldn't expect (and have) Iowa and Wisconsin level success.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

Thank you for an actual answer vs "they're bad because they suck", begging-the-question nonsense.

Iowa has two FBS schools so that number is essentially cut in half got them. Minnesota and Wisconsin both suffer from being an afterthought compared to the NFL program in their state. I get that it's not an apples to apples comparison but with their revenue, expenditures, and fan support, there's no reason Nebraska shouldn't expect (and have) Iowa and Wisconsin level success.

Dude, they did have it.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Would you want to play for Nebraska?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
There is no Nebraska equivalent to Barry Alvarez and Kirk Ferentz’s corn magic only works with corn grown in Iowa soil, not Nebraska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"