Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

fr0id posted:

some very current and very unimportant but fun gossip. do folks think that Elizabeth in her last act forced Boris out in a “this man cannot hold sway over my funeral” thing

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's not impossible that she was already dead and they were just waiting for a new PM to officially take office before they announced it

:getin:

now that's what i'm talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
How could they have pulled that off if the last person to allegedly see her alive was...

was...

the new PM that was just...

sworn...

in...

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Never forget
https://twitter.com/GalaxyPeaBrain/status/1436733926781984770

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LillianaFuture/status/1568052439147810819?t=DoJnGFJ3xXD33Ho-Q9_GSA&s=19

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
been going down a fun rabbit hole of true crime, spooky lost media and cult/conspiracy stuff

this is definitely the weirdest thing I've stumbled across lately, and these weirdos already have a murder under their belt (teenager who stabbed a classmate to death last year was a blood over intent weirdo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHHrllrb-Uo

the idea of a more formalized digital cult (something with more binding strands than something like Qanon) that just operates on a giant platform is a wild idea

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
For anyone following the covid origins debate which is still raging although the mainstream media would like you to think that the discussion is settled (hint: it's not), new paper just dropped, which concludes

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935122013068?ref=cra_js_challenge&fr=RR-1 posted:

“We conclude that a SARS-CoV-2 progenitor capable of producing a measles-like syndrome may have emerged in late June-late July 2019 and that viruses with mutations characterizing B.1 strain may have been spreading globally before the first Wuhan outbreak.”

Should the science expressed in this paper be found to stand up (and I don't see any obviously glaring errors which would suggest that it shouldn't) then that's both the Huanan Seafood Market origin and the Wuhan Institute of Virology origin theories dead in the water

USA also still root of phylogenetic tree of SARS-CoV-2

My theory, fwiw: demonstrably true (ie clear paper trail confirming this), that in the years leading up to the pandemic, CoV researchers were engineering chimaeric coronaviruses (eg inserting MERS-like furin cleavage sites into SARS-like CoVs) in Ralph Baric's lab at UNC and (less sure of this but highly likely) sending them to USAMRIID at Ft. Detrick to infect rhesus macaques with them in order to test their pan-CoV therapeutics (remdesivir etc). Something goes wrong: leak from USAMRIID in summer 2019 (Ft. Detrick itself shut down at beginning of August 2019; would obv also explain EVALI and nursing home breakouts in July 2019 as well). They scramble for a cover up: decide on World Military Games in Wuhan in October 2019 (very same day as Event 201 funnily enough) because WIV located there as very convenient scapegoat. WMG as superspreading event that creates a cluster of cases in Wuhan, first cases detected a month later, and then through various methods of epidemiological trickery and bad science seed impressions in media of zoonosis at Huanan Seafood Market. And then the "real" pandemic begins

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Interesting! Good post thank you. Can't wait to lose my mind going down that rabbithole when I get the chance. It moreso aligns with one of my more out-there theories:

I feel like reality bends towards articulated conspiracies. That is to say, if there is a fear of something, there will more likely be a conspiracy black budgeted to cope/counter it. And if the more this conspiracy exists, the more likely it is to have a lab leak or some such. And this would cause whatever the something they were originally afraid of to come true. Because whatever they were funding to fight it is usually very similar to the actual something. i.e. fighting fire with fire. i.e. the above post.

Therefore, because people think about what they'd do if it ever did happen therefore the great zombie apocalypse is inevitable.

Lampsacus has issued a correction as of 14:03 on Sep 11, 2022

Nim_Chimsky
Mar 23, 2019

OFFICIAL SKELETON
WAR PARTICIPANT

Fun Shoe

multistability posted:

For anyone following the covid origins debate which is still raging although the mainstream media would like you to think that the discussion is settled (hint: it's not), new paper just dropped, which concludes

Should the science expressed in this paper be found to stand up (and I don't see any obviously glaring errors which would suggest that it shouldn't) then that's both the Huanan Seafood Market origin and the Wuhan Institute of Virology origin theories dead in the water

USA also still root of phylogenetic tree of SARS-CoV-2

If you allow the government to break the law because of an emergency, they will always melt steel beams to break the law.

USA always has been ;-) the root of phylogenetic tree of SARS-CoV-2 and everyone in any position of power knows this.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Lampsacus posted:

Interesting! Good post thank you. Can't wait to lose my mind going down that rabbithole when I get the chance. It moreso aligns with one of my more out-there theories:

I feel like reality bends towards articulated conspiracies. That is to say, if there is a fear of something, there will more likely be a conspiracy black budgeted to cope/counter it. And if the more this conspiracy exists, the more likely it is to have a lab leak or some such. And this would cause whatever the something they were originally afraid of to come true. Because whatever they were funding to fight it is usually very similar to the actual something. i.e. fighting fire with fire. i.e. the above post.

Therefore, because people think about what they'd do if it ever did happen therefore the great zombie apocalypse is inevitable.

Agreed, it really is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even the most banal justifications for gain-of-function research seem to me to be extremely risky & dangerous. If SARS-CoV-2 accidentally leaked from a lab which was routinely doing GoF experiments on viruses collected in the wild in order to evaluate their pandemic potential then it was only a matter of time before there was a safety lapse and then whoops we are all hosed. And we know that UNC really was shoving furin cleavage sites into SARS-like viruses to determine how dangerous they would be "just in case" one naturally evolved a FCS. (Arguably, UNC is the only lab in the world which has the capability to construct these so-called "chimaeric" viruses - but that's an argument for another day). I mean, come the gently caress on. SARS-CoV-1 itself leaked out of multiple laboratories, multiple times. If you're going to do that type of virology do it on a loving boat in the middle of the Arctic Sea or something. And that's really the most banal and naive justification for that sort of research. It's obviously all dual-use as well

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

:discourse:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

multistability posted:

(Arguably, UNC is the only lab in the world which has the capability to construct these so-called "chimaeric" viruses - but that's an argument for another day)

Can you give a quick answer on why that is?

This study shows FCS spliced into a chicken coronavirus: https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/11/10/972/htm

I know Baric was doing stuff like putting mouse adapted spikes into bat sars-like viruses, is that what you mean by chimeric and not just FCS gain of function? Also do you have baric's FCS research on hand, I wasn't able to find it with a quick search.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's not impossible that she was already dead and they were just waiting for a new PM to officially take office before they announced it

wasnt there a picture of liz and liz from the swearing in? or could that just be an old picture they said actually just happened?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

How could they have pulled that off if the last person to allegedly see her alive was...

was...

the new PM that was just...

sworn...

in...

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

holy poo poo she was a clone

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

Can you give a quick answer on why that is?

Quick answer: in order to construct an infectious clone from an artificial consensus sequence (and specifically from a previously-unknown backbone into which a novel FCS is inserted - which perfectly describes SARS-CoV-2) from scratch, you would at the very least need a sophisticated reverse genetics system (a method which has only been published by Baric's lab at UNC afaik). In addition to this, because SARS-CoV-2's FCS doesn't survive in Vero cells, you would also need a humanised-mouse model (BLT-L mice) and/or a primary human airway epithelial cell culture (CaLu-3) for testing, both of which again are only possessed by Baric's lab at UNC. I can give a more detailed answer if you want but it might take me a while because I would have to comb through all my notes first

Psycho Society posted:

This study shows FCS spliced into a chicken coronavirus: https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/11/10/972/htm

I know Baric was doing stuff like putting mouse adapted spikes into bat sars-like viruses, is that what you mean by chimeric and not just FCS gain of function? Also do you have baric's FCS research on hand, I wasn't able to find it with a quick search.

Yes that's exactly the difference. SARS-CoV-2 is like if you inserted a FCS into a previously-uncharacterised backbone (although with the publication of the BANAL viruses, it's pretty almost as if a FCS was spliced into a BANAL backbone instead, but not quite). Basically constructing a virus from scratch, which only Baric's lab has the skill and experience—in short expertise—to do really

There's other genomic evidence it was Baric as well: telltale "type IIS" restriction enzymes (BsaXI) surrounding the FCS, basically Baric's "signature" for other viruses he's constructed in the lab previously. And the RRAR FCS itself, although novel and unique when considering any other coronavirus (although most similar to the FCS in MERS), being a perfect match to the FCS site of human ENaC-alpha (the human epithelial sodium channel α-subunit) which was itself previously characterised by Richard Boucher at the Marsico Lung Institute of—you guessed it—UNC. There's in fact a lot more tying Baric to SARS-CoV-2 but again would have to dig out my notes

Anyway you don't have to take it from me, take it from people who are actually domain experts in this stuff:

https://twitter.com/Ayjchan/status/1502689025739702273?t=J2qbHHJpeJQD0X-K3XDi0g&s=19

https://twitter.com/emilyakopp/status/1443583106837975057?t=nTiL6Pl8ed4QUSAJXVo_AQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/jhas5/status/1555402756021690369?t=hch6a1YUAtVk2-nvSZibOA&s=19

https://twitter.com/jhas5/status/1553406703042953217?t=S0QJ4NmEqEBwLKfdfqtIDQ&s=19

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

War and Pieces posted:

What's the Blue Salon? Google just brings up hairdressers

Because I had the same question, here's the page that quote seemingly comes from, and the answer seems to be "it's some cryptic Belgian aristo thing" and therefore presumably horrendous beyond comprehension. (Or it's where murderous paedos get their hair done. Fifty-fifty.)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

becoming a sex pervert remains the only way to the top in pedo island

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

multistability posted:

Quick answer: in order to construct an infectious clone from an artificial consensus sequence (and specifically from a previously-unknown backbone into which a novel FCS is inserted - which perfectly describes SARS-CoV-2) from scratch, you would at the very least need a sophisticated reverse genetics system (a method which has only been published by Baric's lab at UNC afaik). In addition to this, because SARS-CoV-2's FCS doesn't survive in Vero cells, you would also need a humanised-mouse model (BLT-L mice) and/or a primary human airway epithelial cell culture (CaLu-3) for testing, both of which again are only possessed by Baric's lab at UNC. I can give a more detailed answer if you want but it might take me a while because I would have to comb through all my notes first

Yes that's exactly the difference. SARS-CoV-2 is like if you inserted a FCS into a previously-uncharacterised backbone (although with the publication of the BANAL viruses, it's pretty almost as if a FCS was spliced into a BANAL backbone instead, but not quite). Basically constructing a virus from scratch, which only Baric's lab has the skill and experience—in short expertise—to do really

There's other genomic evidence it was Baric as well: telltale "type IIS" restriction enzymes (BsaXI) surrounding the FCS, basically Baric's "signature" for other viruses he's constructed in the lab previously. And the RRAR FCS itself, although novel and unique when considering any other coronavirus (although most similar to the FCS in MERS), being a perfect match to the FCS site of human ENaC-alpha (the human epithelial sodium channel α-subunit) which was itself previously characterised by Richard Boucher at the Marsico Lung Institute of—you guessed it—UNC. There's in fact a lot more tying Baric to SARS-CoV-2 but again would have to dig out my notes

theoretically there could be a classified military lab able to replicate baric's work. if he already has a relationship with DARPA it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that they'd hire a bunch of his students to work on related projects that they want to keep secret

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

liz thrust

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Pipski posted:

Because I had the same question, here's the page that quote seemingly comes from, and the answer seems to be "it's some cryptic Belgian aristo thing" and therefore presumably horrendous beyond comprehension. (Or it's where murderous paedos get their hair done. Fifty-fifty.)

And the South Koreans have the Blue House... interesting 👁

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

theoretically there could be a classified military lab able to replicate baric's work. if he already has a relationship with DARPA it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that they'd hire a bunch of his students to work on related projects that they want to keep secret

Yeah, sure. Baric himself has often collaborated with Ft. Detrick in the past:

https://endeavors.unc.edu/fall2003/baric.html posted:

Baric was attempting to create an infectious clone of the urbani strain of the SARS coronavirus. By July he had successfully tested — at the Army’s top bio-level three labs in Maryland [i.e. Ft. Detrick] — his cloning approach, which could lead to a SARS vaccine and less of the deadly disease.

Remdesivir was also developed by Baric's lab at UNC in partnership with USAMRIID:

https://sph.unc.edu/sph-news/remdesivir-developed-at-unc-chapel-hill-proves-effective-against-covid-19-in-niaid-human-clinical-trials/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7202249/

One last thing: I mentioned that SARS-CoV-2 is kind of like if you inserted a novel FCS into a BANAL backbone. The US DoD funded the expiditons to the caves where those viruses were collected:

https://www.pasteur.la/project-carr...ject-extension/

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

500excf type r posted:

Was it Franklin or McMartin that had the guy investigating it paranoid about being murdered and then him and his son died in a mysterious plane crash and his briefcase was never recovered

This was real Crack Ping moment for me when watching Conspiracy Of Silence. The Boystown angle was another rabbit hole I fell down. How has no one just burned and razed the catholic church ?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Your Gay Uncle posted:

This was real Crack Ping moment for me when watching Conspiracy Of Silence. The Boystown angle was another rabbit hole I fell down. How has no one just burned and razed the catholic church ?

google "notre dame (france)"

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

That study about pre-pandemic positive tests in Italy is intriguing. It's weird that there are more cases of ProCov2 in provinces that were hit harder by the March 2020 wave, when you'd expect the opposite. Italy didn't have unusual mortality in 2019, so the progenitor would have had to mutate into its present deadlier form. It's definitely worth studying more samples from other European countries to see if more pre-pandemic positive tests and antibodies can be found.

multistability posted:

If you're going to do that type of virology do it on a loving boat in the middle of the Arctic Sea or something. And that's really the most banal and naive justification for that sort of research. It's obviously all dual-use as well

Lol, the Soviets had a 5,000 square kilometre exclusion zone around their biowarfare lab in the Aral Sea, and a ship that took a shortcut 14 kilometres away got weaponized airborne smallpox.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
Hey does anyone have that pic of Epstein and Ghislaine hanging out outside the Queen's cabin (seated on a bench that the Queen's in photos seated on)

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

maxwellhill posted:

Hey does anyone have that pic of Epstein and Ghislaine hanging out outside the Queen's cabin (seated on a bench that the Queen's in photos seated on)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59590576m

edit: the pedoph-isle

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

why does the epstein one have computer generated trees in the background

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

This thread rules

nut
Jul 30, 2019

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Futanari Damacy posted:

And the South Koreans have the Blue House... interesting 👁

Didn't trueanon do an ep on South Korean human trafficking chatrooms

Room 21 or something

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
evidence of extraterrestrial communication:

https://twitter.com/yohosiefgc/status/1568819720492847104

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Cute!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

so i thought so too at first, but picking locations from photos is my 'tism prism, so

it's called honka hut, located exactly here (although you can't see much on google maps aerial view):

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/56%C2%B059%2702.6%22N+3%C2%B020%2701.5%22W

with that info, you can find other photos of the cabin, showing the distinctive pale mark from the epstine photo on the rightmost of the two trees

i think the queen photo happened to be taken (and cropped) in a way to see through the slight gap in the trees to the forest and mountain behind. the gap is clearer in this photo:

if our intelligence asset thread sitter wants to hire me to find bin laden's mountain hideout from random pictures of rocks, i will sell my principles for $911 american dollars

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i'm that guy's agent and the guy hiring him also has to say "america is fully clown poo poo" on a youtube video that gets posted here

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lmao

glad lizzy paid the ultimate sacrifice so that australians could have a day off work next week to mourn her

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
jpeg compression fails us again

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
this shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone, but I'm becoming quite convinced there's some kind of astroturf programme going on with reddit - a thread about the government making outdoor masking optional attracts a lot of comments about how this is a good development since no other country is doing it anymore, by people who have never posted in that subreddit before

I first noticed this whenever we had a thread about Israel - it's a Philippine subreddit so we remove anything that isn't related to domestic affairs (or foreign affairs of the PH), and just like clockwork you'd get people defending Zionism who had never posted there before, despite having a lot of posts about everything else, everywhere else

I guess what I'm wondering is: how do they know? do these people have some kind of apparatus that tells them to post in reply to a COVID thread whenever it pops up? Do they scan completely unrelated parts of reddit for pro-masking (and/or pro-Palestinian) threads themselves?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yes.
fake edit: but also there are probably x number of discords and telegram groups and such of private individuals banding together to astroturf too. And most likely some of those were borne out of subreddits themselves. After all, if your subreddit doesn't have a discord to retreat to and to organize brigades, the subreddit you perceive as your 'enemy' might and then they win the stupid internet battle you are both invested in. Reddit is 100% one of those websites that is targeted to high hell by legions. Just look at the comments under every movie trailer posted.

Related, I recently stumbled across a whole genre of YouTube videos where they just post daily walkthroughs of homeless encampments in city America. And all the comments are thousands of "America sucks, Russia rules" or ",China number one" but as far as I can tell, nobody else on the internet really gives a poo poo about these youtube videos so I don't know who they are propogandising too 💕 but yeah, I would say mostly every publically access website where a critical mass of people comment absolutely have some astroturfing 😱

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

once had a coworker look around befuddled and joke you guys are getting paid for this???

as a poster,