Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I'm, like, 70% certain I saw that exact same car last week. I managed to snap a photo while I was waiting at a red light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

It 110% does not surprise me that AVE turned out to be a chud.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LanceHunter posted:

I'm, like, 70% certain I saw that exact same car last week. I managed to snap a photo while I was waiting at a red light.

that HAS to be the same car.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

that’s a pet carrier at the top, i hope it’s empty :stare:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

i have watched some of his videos and wonder, does anyone ever tell him 'shut the gently caress up and just speak normally'

like yeah I get it the first time you hear one of his slang terms it might make you giggle, but by the 50th time it's like ok we get it, just talk normally please

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It 110% does not surprise me that AVE turned out to be a chud.

I can’t believe that the guy who made this ruler would do such a thing.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Blue On Blue posted:

i have watched some of his videos and wonder, does anyone ever tell him 'shut the gently caress up and just speak normally'

like yeah I get it the first time you hear one of his slang terms it might make you giggle, but by the 50th time it's like ok we get it, just talk normally please

Depends on if you mean the slang specific to where he lives in Canada, or the stuff he started saying to avoid jargon that keeps new people from getting into X but then he disappeared up his own rear end and now has even denser jargon than most industry.

The dumb jargon he made up himself, people were complaining about a while ago before a bunch of people unsubscribed and now it's all true believers.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LanceHunter posted:

Lol, that'd be an amazing sight anyway, but the coincidence is just :kiss:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/GDaTMYF.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

You're out of luck, buddy, once it starts it's just gong to continue involuntarily

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Unless it's a manx. Those are pretty obvious. Or you got a cat that lost its tail somehow before you met it.

Also those polydactyl cats, but again, obvious, and significantly rarer.

Either way, without papers, just weird cats.

Nah, I had an American bobtail and it was very clear that's what he was. I don't give a poo poo about papers - I'm biased to the point I have to be convinced that "papers" isn't just a euphemism for "inbred."

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Didn't he post a followup that did say well poo poo I guess it does catch on fire?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/CDcR51C.mp4

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm biased to the point I have to be convinced that "papers" isn't just a euphemism for "inbred."

It is. Also the people who breed them have all kinds of hosed-up ideas about what are good traits for an animal to have.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Unless it's a manx. Those are pretty obvious.

ah, hmm, yes

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

GotLag posted:

It is. Also the people who breed them have all kinds of hosed-up ideas about what are good traits for an animal to have.

Spoken like a person who doesn't want a dog's eyes to pop out of its skull.
:regd09:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/dY9msw3.mp4

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

wasn't wearing shoes, status unknown

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I would argue 'flying off and leaving your head behind' is an acceptable equivalent to 'shoes flew off' for determining survivability.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

wat

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Osu.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

So that's what professional starcraft players do when they retire

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Slightly older Jerry Holkins here sounds like a computer from the 60s. At least he's good at taking inventory.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

The person who put their 10,000 hours into…whatever this task is.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Whoops

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How is this OSHA though, is the twitching caused by a workplace hazard?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

By popular demand posted:

How is this OSHA though, is the twitching caused by a workplace hazard?

Repetitive Strain Injury?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Real world problems deserve real world solutions.

https://i.imgur.com/4dTjntt.mp4

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Let's slap a turbo on that drill!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKXuFwB6lo0

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Cats are cats, dogs are dogs. Anyone who's hung up on the specific kind of breed is dumb.

There's exactly zero difference between a chihuahua and a rottweiler, now please excuse me as I am about to go duck hunting with my pug!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This mareema sheepdog is so cute, like a big samoyed

I'm going to let him babysit my small children

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/BkblC2u.mp4

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Cat Hatter posted:

Slightly older Jerry Holkins

:hmmyes:

:pusheen:

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

I loving hated these guys when I worked retail. I did stock control for a major UK supermarket, and they decided they didn't trust the people they were paying to count stock and instead got a company in to do it. And they were wank. As the video clearly demonstrates they're all about quantity over quality. They came in every six months to count the whole store and we've spend the time in between fixing their fuckups. They always did things like counting an entire pallet of crates of beer as a single crate of beer, or count a whole shelf of different types of wines/soups/spices/whatever as the first one they looked at.

Also, in keeping with the OSHA theme, I'd read stories about their staff in the US being forced to work in the middle of a flood. Like, literally ankle deep in water while someone holds a torch because there's no power.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Conservation of momentum dot mp4

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
That guy counting inventory reminds me of Steve Colbert in this scene from Strangers With Candy.

https://www.cc.com/video/0bon60/strangers-with-candy-lie-detector (1:45)

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

My mom worked inventory counting for 30 years (I joined her for 3) and what the gently caress is this clacking poo poo? We had scanners and manual entry if the thing didn’t have a barcode but it was all electronic.

This made me grind my teeth.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Very good at his job or very good at pretending to do his job. I give it 50/50.

Fake Edit:

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I loving hated these guys when I worked retail. I did stock control for a major UK supermarket, and they decided they didn't trust the people they were paying to count stock and instead got a company in to do it. And they were wank. As the video clearly demonstrates they're all about quantity over quality. They came in every six months to count the whole store and we've spend the time in between fixing their fuckups. They always did things like counting an entire pallet of crates of beer as a single crate of beer, or count a whole shelf of different types of wines/soups/spices/whatever as the first one they looked at.

Also, in keeping with the OSHA theme, I'd read stories about their staff in the US being forced to work in the middle of a flood. Like, literally ankle deep in water while someone holds a torch because there's no power.

Okay 40/60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Platystemon posted:

I can’t believe that the guy who made this ruler would do such a thing.

I'm a dum-dum, whats wrong with it? The c-word thing?

I have an older version of that ruler that i never built. I'm going to toss it when i get home.

Edit: looked at the pic longer, and wow, racism!

Lady Jaybird fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 12, 2022