Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TraderStav posted:

Is there a setting for this? I don't think I feel any difference between before and after on my 12 pro.

Settings -> sounds & haptics -> Keyboard Feedback -> Haptic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

Do note that copy and pasting cats is inferior to doggos and it’s a shame they added the ability to cut and paste cats.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

e: What the poo poo iOS that’s supposed to be transparent

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

rafikki posted:

Cats are bad and therefor don’t get the good experience as doggos.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

rafikki posted:

Yeah when you paste/upload it to various apps (Discord, Imgur) it compresses it to jpeg. I ended up texting it to myself and then dragging and dropping it from the Mac.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

American McGay posted:

New Chad way to hang up the phone just dropped.

lmao

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

serebralassazin posted:

It's a setting in sound and haptics under keyboard feedback.

Ah, thank you! Stupid me was looking in KEYBOARD

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How do you even crop stuff. They don’t seem to make this very easy

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FlapYoJacks posted:

Do note that copy and pasting cats is inferior to doggos and it’s a shame they added the ability to cut and paste cats.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

How are you guys dragging these in on your Mac? When I do that it opens the image in a new window. I want to share my creations!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MarcusSA posted:

How do you even crop stuff. They don’t seem to make this very easy

Open a photo --> Edit --> It's at the very bottom of the screen, right-most icon.

I forget where it is every time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I just press and hold on whatever it is I want to grab.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

American McGay posted:

I just press and hold on whatever it is I want to grab.

I like that if you let go it gives you an option to Copy. I was irritated that other apps didn't allow me to drag, swipe, open the app, and drop it in like I can in messages

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Also looks like they fixed the T&C App Store glitch so now everyone can update their apps.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I'll be trading in my iPhone to Apple today, I've already wiped it and got it ready to go (I already have a backup device). I haven't updated it to 16 before I did though since it was last night. Would It be best to set it up again, update to 16, back it up, then recipe it or am I good with using my 15.x backup to the 16.x iPhone 14 later this week?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'll be trading in my iPhone to Apple today, I've already wiped it and got it ready to go (I already have a backup device). I haven't updated it to 16 before I did though since it was last night. Would It be best to set it up again, update to 16, back it up, then recipe it or am I good with using my 15.x backup to the 16.x iPhone 14 later this week?

Backups will work with the same version or newer, so you should be ok.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

e: no idea how to get rid of the white background =/

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 12, 2022

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

SlowBloke posted:

Most map providers I know of don't discriminate on road types beyond standard or off-road so cycling roads are usually a manual recon job. It's going to take time.

So has Google been able to provide cycling directions for many years due to their streetview cars?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yah this rules.

I’m trying to find a good photo for the 3D effect on the Lock Screen

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

everyone: cats suck because AI can't properly cut them out of a photo

also everyone: posts dog pictures with obvious errors edge detecting fur.

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

SlowBloke posted:

Backups will work with the same version or newer, so you should be ok.

Thanks!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It’s like magic tho - super fast magic wand.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'll be trading in my iPhone to Apple today

I'm curious why you have to trade your iPhone in early. Are you phoneless for the week?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Seriously, need a tutorial how to get transparent background showing up on SA

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cut out > share > save > upload to a service that doesn’t compress it like Dropbox.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Shofixti posted:

So has Google been able to provide cycling directions for many years due to their streetview cars?

Yeah, Apple has their own fleet but it has far less vehicles. I only ever saw a Apple Maps car once compared to the dozens of streetviews vehicles.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’ve always thought it was ridiculous that you couldn’t get your battery % displayed instead of the corner icon. But now that the square-sized lock screen widget doesn’t even have it, when there’s plenty of room, I’ve crossed over to thinking Apple is being malicious.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

so apparently I have to get rid of my wallpaper (one of the landscapes that changes lighting based on the time of day) in order to use the new lockscreen widgets. they appear to have gotten rid of the old built-in wallpapers entirely

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Dinosaurs! posted:

I’ve always thought it was ridiculous that you couldn’t get your battery % displayed instead of the corner icon. But now that the square-sized lock screen widget doesn’t even have it, when there’s plenty of room, I’ve crossed over to thinking Apple is being malicious.

Apple doesn't want you fretting over the percentage slowly going down as you're using it. Their laptops don't show the percentage in the menubar, either.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Dinosaurs! posted:

Ya but it becomes visible when you swipe down into control center

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Clark Nova posted:

so apparently I have to get rid of my wallpaper (one of the landscapes that changes lighting based on the time of day) in order to use the new lockscreen widgets. they appear to have gotten rid of the old built-in wallpapers entirely

I can't customize my pre-16 wallpaper either, which was an image from my photo roll. It only lets me create a new one (and I can reuse the same photo making it a non-issues) so there must be some format change that makes old stuff incompatible.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

American McGay posted:

The autocutout stuff is wild, although it does seem to lose the transparency when copying and pasting into a different app.

Which sucks cause I wanted to use this for Discord, it's fun for iMessage at least.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Hell yeah!

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

If I open the lock screen with multiple notifications waiting, it only shows one notification at the bottom of the screen with a blank space in the middle. I need to swipe up to see more. Is this intended behavior?

So on iOS 16 you can only view one notification on your lock screen without swiping?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Gay Retard posted:

Apple doesn't want you fretting over the percentage slowly going down as you're using it. Their laptops don't show the percentage in the menubar, either.

Not by default, but you can toggle it to show up which makes its absence from the iPhone stranger.

Inner Light posted:

Ya but it becomes visible when you swipe down into control center

Yeah, it’d just be really convenient to not have to do that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Skeezy posted:

Which sucks cause I wanted to use this for Discord, it's fun for iMessage at least.

I submitted this as a bug report during the betas, and this is living proof Apple wants us to be mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Inner Light posted:

If I open the lock screen with multiple notifications waiting, it only shows one notification at the bottom of the screen with a blank space in the middle. I need to swipe up to see more. Is this intended behavior?

So on iOS 16 you can only view one notification on your lock screen without swiping?

Settings > Notifications > Display As List will get it back to the old behaviour I believe