Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
EM Raiden is actually pretty good! I farmed an EM thundering fury set months ago for her to use as an overworld Yanfei support, but with hyperbloom it's really consistent and legit. Pretty funny when you kill all the enemies and these 5-digit damage blooms just rocket away to parts unknown :allears:

Would recommend if you have absolutely nothing better to do.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hu Tao + Xingqiu + Yelan +Zhongli is pretty drat strong but there's a big difference betwen "anemo is dead" and "anemo is a few percentage points worse than a different team that uses a different top tier 5*."
The genshin community tends to hyperfocus on relatively small differences in strength, especially comparisons made by whales or theorycraftters who assume everyone has every limited character.

Candace's off field application is limited to a single splash of water each time you swap characters so it is pretty irrelevant for Hu Tao. I doubt she'd ever replace Xingqiu there but her + Xingqiu might be a decent budget option for double-hydro Tao? Since the stat buff from her burst still boosts HT's damage.

The reason I said anemo is dead is not because of its hypothetical comparitive strength level, but because playing it sucks. So unless you're intentionally trying to play the sweatiest Hu Tao team you can (which some people do tbh) then the small power bump from hydro res closes the power gap enough to make vv unappealing. At this point I would rather play TTDS Exile Mona, no matter how charming I find the PAmber Shieldfei build.

And yeah, Candace isn't meant to be a XQ replacement, more like a hydro Yun Jin. I coulda sworn that she did some off-field hydro but turns out that isn't until C6 :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I always thought Anemo's ubiquity was overstated. It's awesome for freeze, taser, and mono where it flows naturally with the gameplan, but not so much for teams that value melt/vape due to the hoops it introduces and potential to mess up reactions.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

candace is basically yun jin and chongyun put together, with the added gimmick of kinda being able to main dps

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Clarste posted:

What artifact set does Collei want? Assuming your just using her as a Dendro enabler but I don't know what else you'd use her for.

Edit: The team is Keqing, Yae, Kokomi, and Collei to just spam reactions; I dunno exactly what's going on but lots of numbers pop up.

I gave her 4 (crap) pieces of the dendro set. At least sometimes green numbers pop it, it probably helps make those a bit bigger.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Is 3.1 coming next or are there going to be more banners to tempt my primos before Tighnari gets added as a standard 5*?

I still don't know how dendro works. Spread/quicken/aggravate can all crit and the rest of dendro reactions can't? Seems like I never get those spread reactions whenever hydro is in the mix so if I want to make use of crits I should be avoiding hydro?

But let's be honest Collei is not reliable enough at dendro application to make a proper dendro-reaction team. She has issues with burst targeting, who knows where Collei's burst will go this time? Sometimes she'll ignore the nearest enemy and toss her burst towards someone she can't even reach. :confused:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you generally want deepwood memories. hyperbloom does dendro damage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sanctum posted:

Is 3.1 coming next or are there going to be more banners to tempt my primos before Tighnari gets added as a standard 5*?

I still don't know how dendro works. Spread/quicken/aggravate can all crit and the rest of dendro reactions can't? Seems like I never get those spread reactions whenever hydro is in the mix so if I want to make use of crits I should be avoiding hydro?
3.1 is coming next.

quicken and aggravate just add flat bonus damage, they cant crit, its just the attack they're adding bonus damage to is critting.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

drat, this game does NOT want to give me a 5 star clam circlet or goblet

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Sanctum posted:

But let's be honest Collei is not reliable enough at dendro application to make a proper dendro-reaction team. She has issues with burst targeting, who knows where Collei's burst will go this time? Sometimes she'll ignore the nearest enemy and toss her burst towards someone she can't even reach. :confused:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

collei is cool, I have her C2 already somehow, and I'm gonna use her

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Endorph posted:

quicken and aggravate just add flat bonus damage, they cant crit, its just the attack they're adding bonus damage to is critting.
Flat damage bonuses are added before multiplicative damage bonuses in the damage formula, so they do benefit from criticals, percentage damage bonuses, multiplicative reactions, etc.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ah, thanks. gently caress you too Genshin. :geno:

Well at least I finally have a 5* dendro goblet and it actually has crit stats unlike the stopgap 4* I was using. And if there's ever a def-focused dendro character there won't be I'm set I guess. But still, gently caress everything about the artifact system in this game.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

Can you pick up bloom bombs with Jean and throw them like grenades?

Sadly, no. She can pick them up, but not launch them,
https://i.imgur.com/z7J6nsz.mp4

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Aw, weak.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Actually this MonaTao team ain't half bad lol

First charge attack was +100k, using Dragon's Bane

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have caught up with the Archon quests and would like Nahida now please.

For a more serious review: That chapter 2 plot is exactly the sort of poo poo I like without any of the annoying repetition that frequently happens in stories like that. I am getting the feeling that Mihoyo are regretting their decision to make the MC a silent protagonist given they are straight up giving them dialogue 'choices' that aren't really choices and people react as if you said them all, but that's a common problem. Still, was fun.

In conclusion, I am going to whale for Nahida.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 13, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hellioning posted:

I have caught up with the Archon quests and would like Nahida now please.

For a more serious review: That chapter 2 plot is exactly the sort of poo poo I like without any of the annoying repetition that frequently happens in stories like that. I am getting the feeling that Mihoyo are regretting their decision to make the MC a silent protagonist given they are straight up giving them dialogue 'choices' that aren't really choices and people react as if you said them all, but that's a common problem. Still, was fun.

In conclusion, I am going to whale for Nahida.

:haibrow:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly if they want the MC to have lines they should just start giving them dialog. just make a joke like jak 2 about it or something, i wouldnt really care about the inconsistency.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

A fully voiced Hangout with Paimon

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

frankly if they want the MC to have lines they should just start giving them dialog. just make a joke like jak 2 about it or something, i wouldnt really care about the inconsistency.

They already have some voiced lines here and there. The logic matrix thing in the latest archon quest was also fully voice acted for the MC.

Edit: Honestly, it's probably at least in part a budget thing because they'd have to pay for twice as much voice acting.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 13, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

They already have some voiced lines here and there. The logic matrix thing in the latest archon quest was also fully voice acted for the MC.

Edit: Honestly, it's probably at least in part a budget thing because they'd have to pay for twice as much voice acting.

Yeah, I like the idea of 'normally silent MC has some voice lines to show when things are Super Important', but they keep having the Traveller talk without dialogue and it is annoying.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Its def not a budget thing considering everything else

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Paimon

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I pick every Mean to Paimon dialogue option whenever it comes up

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

drat, this game does NOT want to give me a 5 star clam circlet or goblet

The second longest time I've ever spent farming was trying to get a healing hat or hydro goblet for Kokomi. The longest time was trying to get a blizzard strayer crit damage hat/ cryo goblet for Ayaka. Ayaka still has an attack hat after 2 months of farming and converting 400+ artifacts to BS. Did get a few decent replacement pieces in those conversions, though, but only one crappy cryo gob and no crit damage hat.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You KNOW the game is storing your choices, lol

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I am always nice to Paimon because she is my friend. :colbert:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Paimon is my friend and this is why I must dunk upon her.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Hellioning posted:

Paimon is my friend and this is why I must dunk upon her.

If you aren't insulting them at every opportunity, are you even really friends?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sometimes the game gives you the option to be sweet, and I always take those options, now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I like making Paimon uncomfortable by attributing all my successes to her.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

7.4: New Trounce Domain: The Revenge of Paimon

Ley Line Disorder: Paimon gains 5% ATK and HP for every time you called her "emergency food".

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Oh hey dendr--- oh.

I was trying to get better things for my jean than some random glad bits I slapped on her as a stopgap (which were also like level 6). At least now she's got a full set, even if she still needs a proper goblet instead of atk.

Can't decide what's more annoying, the commission where you have to jump on some mushrooms (hope you don't stay in the glider too long, or it won't count), or this one where I had to wait for a specific time and then go inside. At least unlike the quests in mondstadt's cathedral, this coffee shop is right next to the guild, I guess.

Nyoro posted:

collei is cool, I have her C2 already somehow, and I'm gonna use her

c2 is nice, because even if the boomerang goes off into space without hitting anyone, you still get to emit dendro. Handy!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

serefin99 posted:

If you aren't insulting them at every opportunity, are you even really friends?

normally id agree but Paimon saying I'm her best friend was heartwarming, I must admit

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

It was funny when I realized you could put Paimon as a companion in the house in your teapot and there's a bunch of stuff to talk about with her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Does Viparyas not actually exist in your inventory or am I just blind and scrolling right over it?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Does Viparyas not actually exist in your inventory or am I just blind and scrolling right over it?

In mine they're between loach pearl and medaka.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zenostein posted:

In mine they're between loach pearl and medaka.

There they are, thank you so much!

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Incoherence posted:

7.4: New Trounce Domain: The Revenge of Paimon

Ley Line Disorder: Paimon gains 5% ATK and HP for every time you called her "emergency food".

Yeah, I'll never clear this even if I were to spend Diablo Immortal Whale levels of money to build my characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rexxed posted:

It was funny when I realized you could put Paimon as a companion in the house in your teapot and there's a bunch of stuff to talk about with her.

If you go to the traveler's profile you can hear many of the same conversations. The traveler's part is often voiced. You can also hear old vs new paimon side by side.