Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

RIP Pablo, comatose, never to awaken again.

Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Eej posted:

Chaos and regular Space Marines being tagged as Astartes means you can have them all holding hands together in Astartes tribal

Blessed is the mind too small for lore.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

What the gently caress is Bel'Akor doing in 40k

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Eej posted:

Chaos and regular Space Marines being tagged as Astartes means you can have them all holding hands together in Astartes tribal

rear end tarts

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Silhouette posted:

What the gently caress is Bel'Akor doing in 40k

He's also in 40k, he even has his own rules for making a big demon team

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Man they're really banking on Warhammer fans to buy this, huh? The alt art reprints are neat but the new cards are all either overcosted garbage or would be more at home in a standard set for drafting.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Warhammer fans are no stranger to overcosted garbage

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Eej posted:

Warhammer fans are no stranger to overcosted garbage

At least one of the cards has to be written poorly enough to need day 0 errata or it's not true 40k. We're not getting the true experience anyway because the cards aren't given the Midnight Hunt monochrome treatment so we can paint the colors ourselves.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Eej posted:

He's also in 40k, he even has his own rules for making a big demon team

Lmao that's dumb, he was the big chaos failson in the whfb global campaign from like 2002

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I forget, are the 40k cards going to get on ~The List~ with MtG names or was that just for secret lairs?

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

HootTheOwl posted:

I forget, are the 40k cards going to get on ~The List~ with MtG names or was that just for secret lairs?

Just for secret lairs. It'd be hard for them to reprint mechanically identical versions given that the creature types include tyranid and astartes

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Silhouette posted:

Lmao that's dumb, he was the big chaos failson in the whfb global campaign from like 2002

Big dumb demons are eternal.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Shortest Path posted:

Man they're really banking on Warhammer fans to buy this, huh? The alt art reprints are neat but the new cards are all either overcosted garbage or would be more at home in a standard set for drafting.

Don't worry, I'm sure each deck will have one reprint people have been asking for. Like Loyal Retainers in the Imperium deck or something

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I mean aren't all precons full of chaffe? I expect you'll need to upgrade the landbase as usual too

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I want Godzilla alt style lands in the precons, like gimme a mana confluence but call it Promethium Refinery or Eldar Warpgate or something

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

E2M2 posted:

I mean aren't all precons full of chaffe? I expect you'll need to upgrade the landbase as usual too

They have to be so the very enfranchised players don't just preorder the stores worth.

Not gonna lie, cascade demon guy seems pretty fun, but also slow/bad. That sums up pretty much most commanders though.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Asarte seems dumb, Human Warrior/Soldier/Knight would have been fine

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

DangerDongs posted:

They have to be so the very enfranchised players don't just preorder the stores worth.
Then make more? I guess there's a balance and all, but "Oh no we're selling all our product!"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
After spending 35 years callings orcs orks and ogres ogryns they'd probably put the whole IP into jeopardy if they ever used the MTG spelling.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tibalt posted:

Asarte seems dumb, Human Warrior/Soldier/Knight would have been fine

My brother described it as, the intense amount of poo poo Done to a prospective space marine makes them not particularly human anymore.

That they do this to become xenophobic protectors of humanity is one of wh40k's many, many ironies.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

odiv posted:

Then make more? I guess there's a balance and all, but "Oh no we're selling all our product!"

Gonna take a wild guess you weren't around for the Jitte days. It didn't matter how many they made, they were bought out by the first person to hit the store.

Oh no, the customer figured out how to buy more than 1 product at a time!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Making 30 Sultai Sexbombs (all hot legacy staples!) for every 1 Selesnya Suckers, Izzet Idiots, and Boros Babies is a bad look.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I swear Commander products are just an excuse to print cards with cascade

Mfs love cascade

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Mfs love cascade
The Timmy in me wants me to play nothing but, even in a mono U control where you could only cascade into 20 counterspells and a single Inevitable Batrayal.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Mfs love cascade

They're fun and unpredictable and the format already has ARB so it's already ruining things.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

quote:

XUR
Creature - Tyranid
Ravenous (This creature enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it. If X is 5 or more, draw a card when it enters.)

Flying, ward 2

When Zoanthrope enters the battlefield, it does X damage to any target.
The damage should be based on the number of counters so it has synergy with Hardened Scales.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Don't let the days go by,

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wow, harsh stance against raianbow lands by WOTC.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://wpn.wizards.com/en/news/kamigawa-neon-dynasty-returns-flashback-draft

Pretty cool to see official in person flashback drafts and you get some arena packs for it even!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Don't let the days go by,

Legacy 12 post hate confirmed

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Silhouette posted:

Legacy 12 post hate confirmed

Jokes on you, I already hate 12 post

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
If it was based on that MMO Warhammer, Age of Reckoning, I'd be interested.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Are the warhammer cards also getting printed with non-warhammer-ip cards at some point?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The World Inferno posted:

Are the warhammer cards also getting printed with non-warhammer-ip cards at some point?

Nothing confirmed but they’re open to it apparently. There’s a post on Blogatog about how they’ll handle the wh40k specific types by making them equivalent to different types somehow.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Tyranid deck is apparently a Genestealer cult so despite being a deck full of big-rear end monsters there's still a bunch of Humans.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

fadam posted:

Nothing confirmed but they’re open to it apparently. There’s a post on Blogatog about how they’ll handle the wh40k specific types by making them equivalent to different types somehow.

That's better than the "No" Maro gave a few months ago.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Necron verison & Imperium version

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So, the Necrons are just going to be re-skinned as Phyrexians??

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Can someone who knows about 40k lore tell me, is this guy really that relentless about shooting? He'll shoot everything. He'll shoot you. He'll shoot me. He'll shoot himself if I deal 1 damage to him somehow, like with Desert Sands. The only thing that doesn't make him shoot something is if he himself deals 1 damage, perhaps to stop loops.

Though it seems perfectly in-character to just keep shooting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eikre
May 2, 2009

fadam posted:

Astartes should be Metathran lol