Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Nintendo will announce that Super Smash Bros Ultimate is retroactively a timed release and will no longer function as of March 31 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I hope they bring back Arcade Bunny.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mega64 posted:

September is usually when they add new VC consoles to keep those subs going, so it wouldn't surprise me to see GB and maybe GBA go up (GB in base, GBA in premium).

Then again I doubt subs are a big issue with Splatoon 3 being out and all so who knows.

I didn't even think about the subs timing out around Sept, but you're right.

You're also right about Splatoon 3, but hey, who knows.

If they release a gameboy emulator, I'll finally get around to playing Super Mario Land.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did they nerf salvaging at some point? I remember that pretty much the second you could get golden cylinders you could salvage for infinite money and get a decent amount of rare/legendary cores in the process, with the premium cylinders later on being better still.

I salvaged a lot and don’t recall getting any cores at all, unless they’re talking about farming the monsters who pop up. general opinion is the best way to farm legendaries is to dribble arduran like a basketball, a lengthy process that requires the party to be seriously over leveled for the story’s endgame

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh shoot, right, that animal. Where does the questline start? Cause I better check I didn't kill the poor animal before I can juggle him in the air for gacha (now sponsored by monster cruelty!)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just want a plaza to run around as a Mii with other folks, communicate with emotes and play mini games!!!!!

The Wii U is dead, long live the Wii U!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Oh shoot, right, that animal. Where does the questline start? Cause I better check I didn't kill the poor animal before I can juggle him in the air for gacha (now sponsored by monster cruelty!)

he’s with his caretaker in Torigoth’s fields, you can start feeding him whenever but won’t be able to finish until the very end

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Oxxidation posted:

I salvaged a lot and don’t recall getting any cores at all, unless they’re talking about farming the monsters who pop up. general opinion is the best way to farm legendaries is to dribble arduran like a basketball, a lengthy process that requires the party to be seriously over leveled for the story’s endgame

I definitely farmed a bunch of legendary cores from a level 55(?) spider-looking UM by spamming it with driver combos but I also started doing so in the low 50s too but that was also in the first month or two of launch so IDK if things got adjusted. I could've sworn salvaging gave a bunch of cores early on too. :shrug:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Does playing the Splatoon 3 single player campaign give you stuff you use in multiplayer? And my leveling seems slow and seems like its going to take a long time until I get to lvl 10 so I can do the other modes. Should I be playing less salmon run and more turf battle?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The only stuff you'll get from single player with mechanical effects are some of the tickets that give you or your team extra exp/gold. You can also earn a bunch of cosmetic stuff, including a lot of decorations for your locker, some clothes, and a weapon that's a reskin of the basic splattershot.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did they nerf salvaging at some point? I remember that pretty much the second you could get golden cylinders you could salvage for infinite money and get a decent amount of rare/legendary cores in the process, with the premium cylinders later on being better still.

My Legendary Core pinata of choice was Cloud Sea King Ken but I think he's high level. It's been a hot minute since I've played the game. I also remember beating some spider UM over and over. Anyway Driver combos on UMs seem to also be an option in general. I call it the HULK SMASH! Method.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Someone should compile years old 'predictions' from some of these clout chasers on how 'it's just around the corner, guys!' happened so often.

Bitcoins gonna crash one of these days

What i mean is, even if the switch 2 actually comes out ten years from now, they will still pretend that they successfully predicted it bc interacting with reality is too hard

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1569447534053183488?s=20&t=J7BXiIRKG4NTgTQ3mitkwg

God of War for the Switch confirmed.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lol PS Now on Switch confirmed before Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Advance Wars is going to be a PS5 exclusive.

Finally, the PS5 has games.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

teagone posted:

Lol PS Now on Switch confirmed before Xbox Cloud Gaming.

drat, finally an online service worth buying!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Evil Fluffy posted:

Salvaging is still a gold mine, dunno about core crystals tho

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Got my OLED in the mail today, that screen is really nice

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

it's not a sony title but RDR2 finally coming to switch

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Len posted:

it's not a sony title but RDR2 finally coming to switch

I've been wanting a 60fps patch for modern consoles, but fine, I'll take a 20fps handheld version.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
PlayStation surprise announced a State of Play for tomorrow at 3PM pacific, so that PlayStation tweet is just them cheekily going "oh hey lots of announcements tomorrow huh", not indicative of some partnership.

Now watch as UnKarted gets announced for Switch or some dumb poo poo like that just to prove me wrong.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Dear Mario,

Please announce a port of Pikmin 1 and 2 for the switch tomorrow.

Amen.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

ChocNitty posted:

Does playing the Splatoon 3 single player campaign give you stuff you use in multiplayer? And my leveling seems slow and seems like its going to take a long time until I get to lvl 10 so I can do the other modes. Should I be playing less salmon run and more turf battle?

Single player gives you small bonuses, some clothes etc. Nothing earth shattering but a reward. To level up faster, eat exp food, you get it from salmon slammin

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Dear Mario,

Please announce a port of Pikmin 1 Golden Sun and 2 for the switch tomorrow.

Amen.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Id rather them annonunce new games in dead franchises then remasters

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Grinnblade posted:

Now watch as UnKarted gets announced for Switch or some dumb poo poo like that just to prove me wrong.

I've not watched a whit of any of those Drake games but if you're suggesting they make some kind of Indiana-Jonesy kart racer then I'm down with dollars.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

mandatory lesbian posted:

This is the correct opinion. We need a new Custom Robo and Panel de Pon

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its the time and place to announce Etrian Odyssey 6 and a new Chibi Robo

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

Pikmin 4 💀

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sega

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Serious post.

We Love Katamari Reroll.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I would like a Xenoblade-themed OLED.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Willo567 posted:

This is the correct opinion. We need a new Custom Robo and Panel de Pon

Omfg im replaying custom robo arena and its loving criminal it just died

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Dear Mario,

Please announce a port of Pikmin 1 and 2 for the switch tomorrow.

Amen.

these plus pikmin 4 plus wind waker hd would be my dream direct

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Nintendo will release something called like Zip It: Rug Rafts, combining the blistering power of the switch with a vacuuming attachment and you will love it

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

External Organs posted:

Nintendo will release something called like Zip It: Rug Rafts, combining the blistering power of the switch with a vacuuming attachment and you will love it

new Labo kit: Clean Your Room

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

That one Rugrats boardgame for N64 will be announced as a $24.99 port

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

South Park 64 shooter is back

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The Direct focuses mostly on games releasing this winter so they’ll surprise everyone by moving BOTW2 up to Nov ‘22

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Someone should compile years old 'predictions' from some of these clout chasers on how 'it's just around the corner, guys!' happened so often.

I know this when in semi-jest, but there's actually one

https://famiboards.com/threads/futu...ious-thread.55/

First post has a list of all the news and rumors, also links to a thread on era that goes further.

Unless you listen to every YouTuber and twitter "leaker" out there, you'll see some folks have been on it the entire time.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 13, 2022