Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Antonymous posted:

""""""real"""""""

They do firewall the sa forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

ikanreed posted:

The SA forums isn't real - it's a mass delusion (plus one that's a decade plus out of whack).

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

ikanreed posted:

no they don't

kinda the reverse happens sometimes though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

jeffrey puts up a cloudflare thing to require a captcha if your accessing with a chinese ip address. the forums aren’t blocked in china

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

fart simpson posted:

jeffrey puts up a cloudflare thing to require a captcha if your accessing with a chinese ip address. the forums aren’t blocked in china

Excuse me facts are irrelevant

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

it hurts your social credit score. and if your score gets low enough they move you to one of the ghost cities

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Best Friends posted:

it hurts your social credit score. and if your score gets low enough they move you to one of the ghost cities

Threaten me with a good time

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

fart simpson posted:

The bullshit thing about this is if you get hit with the captcha but you're using the awful app, the app I think doesn't support it so it just won't load.

And it's 2022 I wouldn't be surprised if half the forums hits are coming from people using the app just pay the app guy already make it official and pay him enough to add stuff that supports everything like that.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Not using a VPN to access the forums also makes, like, have the threads unreadable.

The CSPAM pictures thread is half tweets.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Forceholy posted:

Not using a VPN to access the forums also makes, like, have the threads unreadable.

The CSPAM pictures thread is half tweets.

that thread is wholly unreadable, vpn or no

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ikanreed posted:

you loving moron

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

R. Guyovich posted:

that thread is wholly unreadable, vpn or no

this

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

BrainDance posted:

no they don't

kinda the reverse happens sometimes though

Yes they do. Or at least did last time I was in Beijing before the pandemic.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Whites are incapable of understanding that China is a real country that people live in

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

ikanreed posted:

No, they literally don't. Not in any of the years I've been here. Like was said, cloudflare will throw up a captcha for Chinese IPs, also sometimes it will be really slow because the forums try to connect to Google domains for some things and you gotta either block those domains or wait for them to timeout but SA never was blocked by the GFW.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

BrainDance posted:

No, they literally don't. Not in any of the years I've been here. Like was said, cloudflare will throw up a captcha for Chinese IPs, also sometimes it will be really slow because the forums try to connect to Google domains for some things and you gotta either block those domains or wait for them to timeout but SA never was blocked by the GFW.

Totally inconsistent with my personal experience, but there's nothing to be gained by arguing if you can say the same.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

ikanreed posted:

Not in Guangzhou.

That captcha thing is annoying because I couldn't see my thread ban message and continue posted in one of those GBS threads anyway and lost my prev account.

I also lost my tino reddit account last week because reddit's loving paid admin team doesn't understand any Chinese and thought I post hate speech, lol.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 14:21 on Sep 12, 2022

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
if SA is blocked in china, how come there's so many chinese trolls in cspam? :smug:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ikanreed posted:

Totally inconsistent with my personal experience, but there's nothing to be gained by arguing if you can say the same.

ive read the forums in china every day for 12 years, in 30+ cities over 10+ provinces. ive literally never seen it blocked.

sometimes it doesnt load because of linked google scripts or some crap, if you ublock those it loads fine. thats probably what happened to you

e: or you were using the awful app which shows a black screen if you get the captcha

fart simpson has issued a correction as of 17:12 on Sep 12, 2022

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

fart simpson posted:

ive read the forums in china every day for 12 years, in 30+ cities over 10+ provinces. ive literally never seen it blocked.

sometimes it doesnt load because of linked google scripts or some crap, if you ublock those it loads fine. thats probably what happened to you

e: or you were using the awful app which shows a black screen if you get the captcha

yup this, same experience for the 5, 2014-2019, years I was in China.

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

BrainDance posted:

heya

ios16 and a recent cloudflare update should hopefully sort the captcha thing. in theory

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

anyone remember the cat captcha thing that rapidshare used to have?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Azerbaijan appears to be attacking Armenia

https://twitter.com/neilphauer/status/1569433181119737857

Crusader has issued a correction as of 23:31 on Sep 12, 2022

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Its going to be epic that people are going to hype murdering armenians because they're supported by Russia

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

what does the china firewall block? people are always talking about needing vpns there?

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Marzzle posted:

what does the china firewall block? people are always talking about needing vpns there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_mainland_China

There are also VPN services that let you check to see what else is blocked. Generally the more niche a forum or website is, the less likely it is to be blocked.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

commie kong posted:

heya

ios16 and a recent cloudflare update should hopefully sort the captcha thing. in theory

:cheers:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

Its going to be epic that people are going to hype murdering armenians because they're supported by Russia

Slava Armenia

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Slava Armenia

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

bad news everyone

https://twitter.com/AndreasShrugged/status/1569056988247609345

new zealand is being genocided

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

drat sounds like covid does a number on demographics oh well back to screaming about how China needs to open Biden now and is also about to collapse due to its demographic crisis

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol :rip:

Farewell to subjects past and present

https://www.rfa.org/english/cartoons/queenelizabethii-hongkong-cartoon-09122022180721.html posted:

Citizens in the United Kingdom and the former British colony of Hong Kong, known for its yellow umbrella symbol of democratic resistance, paid their respects to Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II after her death last week. Shortly after her passing, a rainbow was seen over Buckingham Palace in London.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
when did the english monarchy become a symbol of democracy, did i miss a meeting or something?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Democracy is whatever white people do.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

cenotaph posted:

slavs are not white*

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Stringent posted:

when did the english monarchy become a symbol of democracy, did i miss a meeting or something?

England made Hong Kong prosperous by giving them FIRE industries, and being rich is very democratic. Why England nobly placed many banks in Hong Kong remains a mystery, but it was probably because Liz loved them like all subjects. Why are people mad about colonialism?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

cenotaph posted:

I love it when lib media interviews rando third world youngsters about why they are disappointed in democracy because it keeps producing corrupt politicians while trying their hardest to avoid mentioning capitalism

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

????????????

?????????

??????

????

???

?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
My country is probably going to extradite a Turkish communist over to a guaranteed unfortunate accidenting back in his home country. He's been hunger striking in prison for a very long time, and I'm starting to suspect he might not survive either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

my dad posted:

My country is probably going to extradite a Turkish communist over to a guaranteed unfortunate accidenting back in his home country. He's been hunger striking in prison for a very long time, and I'm starting to suspect he might not survive either way.

which country?