Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

please don't poo poo talk Nintendo Power in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why would they release Bayonetta 3 days early???

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Can't believe people are still posting during this time of mourning

How disrespectful

I'm sorry I don't like Godard's films very much

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

just lol at Nintendo still not releasing Advance Wars

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

just lol at Nintendo still not releasing Advance Wars

This is out of respect for like 5 Front Mission remakes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

*handing them a mug of tea* look it's time to stop getting your hopes up and just use the myriad easy emulation options to play these rather than hoping you're given the privilege to buy them again

It's still kind of a pain in the rear end to run Metroid Prime on Dolphin - there are good workarounds but it stutters on a lot of loads still for me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i'd play a good shooter instead of metroid prime there are like 10 great call of dutys

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A Wii is like $20 everyone should just buy one hack it and play Metroid prime and Wind Waker

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i'd play a good shooter instead of metroid prime there are like 10 great call of dutys

most gamer post of the month out of the way in the first half

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

It's still kind of a pain in the rear end to run Metroid Prime on Dolphin - there are good workarounds but it stutters on a lot of loads still for me

doesn’t it have its own mod set that gives you KBAM controls? I forget if it improves stability as well

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

this, unironically

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

most gamer post of the month out of the way in the first half

thanks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PIKMIN FOUR

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I might be tempted to just buy a wii so i can play MP3 again.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

get your hands on a Wii U and jailbreak the thing so you can play all the GC .iso s you want on native hardware since there's a Wii inside of the Wii U and a Gamecube inside the Wii inside the Wii U due to Nintendo's insane matryoshka doll hardware

or one of the million Wiis floating around

Dolphin is pretty slick for most stuff though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxxidation posted:

doesn’t it have its own mod set that gives you KBAM controls? I forget if it improves stability as well

The controls are fine on a controller with some tooling, it's more how it renders things you have to do some dicking around for it to just stutter a bit at certain points instead of stuttering forever every single time something new shows on screen (which is all the time)

I have it working now with minimal fuss but it's the biggest nuisance I've run into outside Burnout 3 on PS2 (which apparently wants you to constantly toggle settings between loads lmao). I got the early space jump (they didn't patch the second way lol) and it still feels rad to do

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No one asked but after watching a shadowman let's play I've decided that metroidvania-style "come back to this unbreakable wall later if you can remember to, for a small stat upgrade" level design doesn't do anything for me anymore...

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
is it because of the over-saturation of it? I notice when games have “metroidvania” its like you said for one small thing… Am I remembering things wrong cuz i use to feel it meant more than just come back for an upgrade and it was also explore a new entire section .

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

nintendo "insiders" are some of the dumbest fucks on the planet, right next to wrestling insiders.

Look the biggest problem is that they always seem to have a strong belief that whatever they hear will be announced very soon, within a few weeks, months or years.

And then years after they first spill a rumor the title is finally shown off but it's been so long nobody cares they leaked the info in the first place.

Like the time there was supposedly a remake of Link's Awakening in development, or that a new 2D Metroid that isn't a remake was in development or that Pikmin 4 was an actual game in development and not just what Hey Pikmin turned out to be.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

having watched the direct, and being a big nintendo fan....

they should really rename it the Square Switch since they seem more interested in making games for the thing than Nintendo is. like what the hell is going on over there lol, is every team sucked into BOTW2 development?? i remember when nintendoland on the wii U caused delays to other titles because teams had to be put on it to get it finished for launch. it's just really weird to have a direct to show, like, the big first foot forward into the new year, and nintendo's actual output for the first six months seems to be BOTW2, what looks like a premium followup to FE Heroes, and a couple of remasters?? and then pikmin in probably the second half of 2023

i've laughed off switch pro/2 stuff a lot, but maybe they really have shifted most of their dev teams over to it and will have more to show when that is announced next year. because i know they're not working on nothing obviously

also FE Engage means intsys will again not be able to make another Pushmo, so it can perish

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Square Enix is the only publisher which actually knows how to release a game anymore

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shindragon posted:

is it because of the over-saturation of it? I notice when games have “metroidvania” its like you said for one small thing… Am I remembering things wrong cuz i use to feel it meant more than just come back for an upgrade and it was also explore a new entire section .

I was just remembering in metroid prime you might scan a wall and it'll say "this is made of brimstone", later you get a bomb that "blows up brimstone", I think the intention is that you then sweep all old areas to blow up the brimstone walls for missile upgrades but now the thought of doing that makes me sad. Since dark souls I've become more of a "I want to grab everything here and not have to come back" gamer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

hatty posted:

A Wii is like $20 everyone should just buy one hack it and play Metroid prime and Wind Waker

Is it as easy as hacking a 3DS

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I was able to do it as a dumb child so yeah

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

No one asked but after watching a shadowman let's play I've decided that metroidvania-style "come back to this unbreakable wall later if you can remember to, for a small stat upgrade" level design doesn't do anything for me anymore...

shadowman seems to have an "evil maze designed by a lesser daemon" level design going on so it probably makes it seem worse than it is

on the other hand backtracking is often a time-padder and nothing else- if I'm not at least going back to do a simple puzzle or something with a new ability and it's just whatever the equivalent of a Missile Tank is in the game I sorta can't be bothered anymore

on the other other hand sometimes it's nice to blast thru an old zone and grab something if the traversal is engaging enough

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1569712399787212800

Get hosed right back, Bill

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was only able to half pay attention to the direct because I was working and had to go back afterwards to confirm there's really a game called Various Daylife

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sam, this is Various Daylife. We need you to deliver a shipment of rutabagas to our outpost just east of Knot City.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:psyduck:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1569713195245510656

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

its because the switch has online through the N64 emulator natively

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also don't worry, Geoff's got our back

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1569707652439240705?t=KpYXgn7yX2f7hAL0TvaWfg&s=19

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The caveat to GoldenEye on Switch, is that it's ran through an emulator and will be the same frame rate and performance as the N64 version. Online play is available for all N64 games on Switch, but it's really terrible performance, it's unplayable. We are getting very low effort bad ports of this game for both consoles.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I was only able to half pay attention to the direct because I was working and had to go back afterwards to confirm there's really a game called Various Daylife
it was an apple arcade game until apple ended their contract. it's kind of hard to define as a game, it's like... questing is almost automated but there's still battles? it has the feel of some of square's mobile f2p rpgs like record keeper, but with a more conventional jrpg presentation

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its because the switch has online through the N64 emulator natively

I said come in! posted:

The caveat to GoldenEye on Switch, is that it's ran through an emulator and will be the same frame rate and performance as the N64 version. Online play is available for all N64 games on Switch, but it's really terrible performance, it's unplayable. We are getting very low effort bad ports of this game for both consoles.

Oh okay all this makes more sense now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i dont mind emulation, for my money if you're not going to do a full remaster, doing the warts-and-all emulation style is fine for experiencing the game as it played in the day

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For game pass James?

No, for VC

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Biggest takeaway for me from the Direct is that the Front Mission remakes are still coming, although I probably won't get them on the Switch. I think Steam versions were confirmed in the original announcement?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Best news of today, everything in the Direct included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Return to Dreamland is getting a remake:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1569698577386962945