Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Or this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN8Xwh6qorM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
All this trial event is reinforcing is that Kazuha is absolutely the best character in the game. Absolutely do not regret getting his c2.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
wow, with dendro, he's getting even more utility with that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's a funny event because they're showcasing a lot of "underappreciated" characters. But then putting them against riftwolves, which makes every character feel terrible?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 13, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wait there's an old Paimon and a new Paimon? Which ones eviler?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Nyoro posted:

One of them tells the truth; the other only lies.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

It's a funny event because they're showcasing a lot of "underappreciated" characters. But then putting them against riftwolves, which makes every character feel terrible?
I'm not sure anyone in today's party is exactly unappreciated, tbh. Also even if rift wolves suck to fight the sheer amount of pyro bullshit you can pump out honestly made this my highest scoring day so far.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nyoro posted:

It is the same Paimon, the voice direction just audibly changed at some point.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Finally tried the abyss and the room with the oceanid animals was actually really fun (<-sentence never before written in the english language). Patiently waiting for a hydro version of Yae Miko so that I can play that anywhere. Hell, maybe a dendro version of Yae Miko too.

The electro will be Raiden though :colbert:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i'm waiting for danny devito paimon

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Yeah I broke 6000 on today's stage.

Man I have too many characters I can't use together because they all share the same black sword for crit rate. Maybe it's high time I end this inventory swapping nightmare and get a 2nd sword leveled up

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave posted:

The riftwolf one utilized the camera mechanic in the most fun way, imo. All you had to do was keep spreading Pyro on new spawns, then vaping them away with the camera. It even healed on each use, so you never had to worry about the DoT.

The main thing I wish they'd let us do with these trials is rearrange our teams. Sometimes they give me a team that's very close to what I normally run, but I end up doing comically bad because muscle memory has me using all the wrong characters at the wrong time.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm ready to lose my 50/50 on Razor Pro Max.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looking forward to shoveling my primogems into the slot machine for Dendro Zhongli and The Cooler Xinyan

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I do enjoy cooler Xinyan I just wish she was visibly muscular.

But that's a problem I have with like half the cast so.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Please let Dehya be fun. She doesn't need to be crazy broken as long as she's fun and a main dps.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Xinyan and Cooler Xinyan will be on a team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Burning so weird. Electrocharged does giga poor damage but it's extremely op with a third element involved. This leaves 2hydro2electro teams (fischl/beidou/xingqiu/yelan) which would be otherwise amazing in the lurch, but whatever put three of those characters with kazuha or jean and it's fine. Meanwhile burning has none of these broken interations but does as bad or worse damage.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 13, 2022

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Collei's actually been surprisingly solid for off-field dendro application with her boomerang aftereffect. Especially in tandem with Shinobu, there's just a dendro ring and an electro ring popping off in melee pretty much all the time. Pour on the hydro and it's a real good time.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Burning so weird. Electrocharged does giga poor damage but it's extremely op with a third element involved. This leaves 2hydro2electro teams (fischl/beidou/xingqiu/yelan) which would be otherwise amazing in the lurch, but whatever put three of those characters with kazuha or jean and it's fine. Meanwhile burning has none of these broken interations but does as bad or worse damage.

Burining is kind of a booby prize 4th rate reaction. You apply pyro once, then you keep applying dendro and it never stops.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
My experience with dendro so far:

Dendro+Pyro = Burning :effort:
Dendro+Hydro = Bloom reactions
Dendro+Electro = ???????

Dendro+Pyro+Hydro = Lose reverse vapes and gain what?
Dendro+Pyro+Electro = Overloaded. As soon as something is burning the only electro reaction you will be seeing is overload. Overload is crap.
Dendro+Hydro+Electro = Bloom reactions.
Dendro+Pyro+Hydro+Electro = Sorry all bloom reactions.

Maybe dendro defaults to bloom because I'm using a certain broken hydro applicator. Must be that cuz there's only one character in the game that fits that description. :v: It's XQ/Yelan/Mona/etc

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Need some build advice for my Zhongli. I've had him for a long time but never really fully finished building him (e.g. taking him to 80/90, talents to 10...). As far as I can see I can either build him as a pure shielder with Black Tassel and HP% artifacts, or build him as a burst support that actually does damage. I recently pulled a Skyward Spine from the standard banner and for lack of better options (XL using The Catch, Raiden using Fav Lance... maybe it's better on Raiden?) I thought it could actually help ZL be a burst support.

How are others typically building him? I use him for a bunch of stuff but perhaps the most relevant is that I've been doing the Hu Tao / Yelan / XQ / Zhong team in the abyss. It's not particularly struggling, but hey I want to be building something, right?

Also, what's the consensus on Dori so far?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I think part of burning's design was to be one of the negative aspects of running a burgeon team since if you trigger burning there you're probably losing a bunch of damage.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Burining is kind of a booby prize 4th rate reaction. You apply pyro once, then you keep applying dendro and it never stops.

I didn't know that about burning, well I'll be damned. Maybe burning Tighnari could be a thing.

Also finding surprisingly decent results with Sara as the Electro in my Tighnari-double Geo team, even with her at C0. Since Tigh doesn't tend to stack ATK, he gets quite a boost to his non-reaction damage. And the short duration of the buff isn't too bad, since lasts long enough for him to unload his volleys. The main downside is Electro uptime, which I think C2 should help relieve. Also, having to manage aimed shots on two characters might be a huge turn-off for some.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Probably 4x Severed Fate set prioritizing Crit, %ATK, and %HP stats. I usually play Zhongli as a 60k health shield bot, and my burst crits for around 40k. I’m not sure how much damage you gain by trading away unbreakable shields, but I tend to think your overall damage is higher by skipping the burst and letting your dedicated DPS characters handle enemies.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ThePineapple posted:

Need some build advice for my Zhongli. I've had him for a long time but never really fully finished building him (e.g. taking him to 80/90, talents to 10...). As far as I can see I can either build him as a pure shielder with Black Tassel and HP% artifacts, or build him as a burst support that actually does damage. I recently pulled a Skyward Spine from the standard banner and for lack of better options (XL using The Catch, Raiden using Fav Lance... maybe it's better on Raiden?) I thought it could actually help ZL be a burst support.

How are others typically building him? I use him for a bunch of stuff but perhaps the most relevant is that I've been doing the Hu Tao / Yelan / XQ / Zhong team in the abyss. It's not particularly struggling, but hey I want to be building something, right?

Also, what's the consensus on Dori so far?
1.) People say spine is decent on Raiden, it will certinly be better damage than favonious lance. Ypu know better than anyone how much you'll miss the fav orbs the way you play her.
2.) I use fav lance on my zhongli and I recommend it. Me 4Noblesse but I strongboxed noblesse for a long time. He's not a character whose build you get much out of minmaxing super hard and he's a fun holder for double crit pieces that rolled into HP.
3.) From my experience, Dori is somewhere around the 48th strongest character in the game.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 13, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Wollawolla posted:

Probably 4x Severed Fate set prioritizing Crit, %ATK, and %HP stats. I usually play Zhongli as a 60k health shield bot, and my burst crits for around 40k. I’m not sure how much damage you gain by trading away unbreakable shields, but I tend to think your overall damage is higher by skipping the burst and letting your dedicated DPS characters handle enemies.

My meteors are like 30k with slapped together 4 piece tenacity and black tassel, weird

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

fuckin' artifacts, man

these drat artifacts

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tae posted:

My meteors are like 30k with slapped together 4 piece tenacity and black tassel, weird

Would leveling from 6->9 really make that much of a difference? Mine hit for 10k or so now at level 6, and my 4pc tenacity is equally just the first four tenacity pieces that rolled hp.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Eimi posted:

Would leveling from 6->9 really make that much of a difference? Mine hit for 10k or so now at level 6, and my 4pc tenacity is equally just the first four tenacity pieces that rolled hp.

It should do about 30% more damage, but the meteor works off atk/geo, not hp. Rolling all hp means choosing the shield over everything else, so if you really want more damage you'll need to fish up a geo goblet or more atk/crit somewhere.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The meteor ALSO works off HP but to a lesser degree because Zhongli has that talent that makes all his poo poo scale off HP a bit. I think it's like 33% gets added to the meteor?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Talents improve your damage better than the best god tier artifact, always

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Not if you're Sucrose

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Eimi posted:

going from 6->9 will take the meteor damage from 640% atk + 33% hp to 835%atk + 33% hp. So no talent levels won't bring you from 10k damage to 30-40k on their own.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Put him in your profile showcase, and then enter your UID so you can show us his stats.
https://enka.network/

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Put him in your profile showcase, and then enter your UID so you can show us his stats.
https://enka.network/

My artifacts are very much in the tier of "slapped together tenacity and black tassel" which is why I'm confused about the damage difference.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
My "slapped together, but I at least probably upgraded artifacts in the last year" zhongli:

Meteor did 28k to the mushroom bird thing, and 15/30k* to some hilchurls who were bothering the wordiest goddamn merchant on the planet.

As you can see, I've "built" mine for "damage," which mostly means "this is the spear I had free when I got him, and I've plainly never bothered to sort out crafting something better, or even leveling it up. works fine, won't fix." Hell, I didn't actually level up his talents past 3/4 until a couple months ago when I realized they were that low. Mostly works just fine, since I'm perfectly okay with watching those cool animations while he hits stuff (also because yelan and hutao do all the work most of the time).

* Kinda interesting that the "one hit" of the meteor doesn't just do the same damage to everyone in its radius, but it was rather convenient that one critted and one didn't.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

My artifacts are very much in the tier of "slapped together tenacity and black tassel" which is why I'm confused about the damage difference.

Give him a geo damage goblet. It'll be a huge improvement. You won't miss the extra shield if you're wielding a black tassel. It's the same main stat artifacts I have him with. I use him as a shielder, much like you, but the tradeoff for damage with a geo goblet is well worth it and won't be noticed.

Zenostein posted:

My "slapped together, but I at least probably upgraded artifacts in the last year" zhongli:

If you have the catch, it'll be great on him. That or a deathmatch if you're not f2p and have no 5 star spears. A flower with some better crit stats is desired, but that'll depend on who else you're looking to raise. Usually the flower and feather are where you can be choosier with substats, and you can get alot of improvement on those two. Again, it also depend on how much of your life you want to spend grinding artifacts. Definitely take both his skills to 8 if you're using an offensive spear.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

finished farming out a halfway decent gilded dreams set for yae. ...now to keep farming bc I still don't have a deepwood hat for tighnari :argh:

with her A4 i'm getting around a 53% DMG increase purely from just her base stats, let alone any kind of EM buff from something else

I wonder if we'll ever get food that increases EM?

Mix. fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 14, 2022