Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will Nate Diaz move onto after the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Official Stockton Weed King 26 48.15%
Rizin champion, stripped within two days of winning 4 7.41%
Official spokesperson for Subway sandwiches 6 11.11%
Let's be real: it's Bareknuckle Fighting Championship 18 33.33%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The caption of this doesn’t capture just how beautiful it is that he asks himself what his favorite ninja turtle is and then immediately answers it because he’s put a lot of thought into both the question and the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Every answer but Leonardo is the right answer.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Benson Cunningham posted:

Every answer but Leonardo is the right answer.

a child thrust into a position of responsibility he was in no way prepared for locked into a perpetual internal struggle between self actualisation and being a rock for his family? leonardo is nick diaz.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Raphael is the only Ninja Turtle to question the status quo. Leonardo carries on the old ways because they made him the leader and he's determined to maintain them, Donatello is the industrious turtle creating horrifying technologies out of personal fascination and will one day create Turtle Uber without ever pausing to wonder if he should, Michaelangelo is the satyr, the hedonist, relishing in the pleasures society foists upon him for his pro-authority heroics while never thinking further than his own forever-growling belly.

Raphael is the only turtle to question Master Splinter. Raphael is the only turtle to say No.

Raphael isn't just radical, he's a radical.

the ufc still hasn't announced the co-main event for the card i'm writing please help me

CarlCX fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 13, 2022

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CarlCX posted:

Raphael is the only Ninja Turtle to question the status quo. Leonardo carries on the old ways because they made him the leader and he's determined to maintain them, Donatello is the industrious turtle creating horrifying technologies out of personal fascination and will one day create Turtle Uber without ever pausing to wonder if he should, Michaelangelo is the satyr, the hedonist, relishing in the pleasures society foists upon him for his pro-authority heroics while never thinking further than his own forever-growling belly.

Raphael is the only turtle to question Master Splinter. Raphael is the only turtle to say No.

Raphael isn't just radical, he's a radical.

you should be writing for money.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

itd have to be Jake, Logan cant do well in WWE let alone a combat sport

Is this a joke? He did very well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHXmakQQrJo

But yes it'd have to be Jake

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Logan Paul is fine at the physical stuff but he's absolutely miserable at the promos and charisma part of wrestling.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I feel sad that I came to MMA too late to be truly immersed in the magic of Tony Ferguson

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

splinter is a rat and was the sensei to the turtles

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

JOHN CENA posted:

splinter is a rat and was the sensei to the turtles

Yeah that's what he's saying he's a young turtle with lots to learn, adventures to have, fireplaces to fight.

Please retire, Tony

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's definitely Leonardo or Michaelangelo.

Rafael's the worse with his little pointy sais, gently caress outta here.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only real freaks think Venus is the best.

And I know which you think that she is.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For the record Tokka is the best turtle followed by Slash and Metalhead.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 13, 2022

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i picked up the new ninja turtles newish arcade style beat em up and i can say with some certainty that the best turtle isn't a turtle at all: april o'neil. has a job, doesn't stink like poo poo, and whips rear end. though the ninja turtles are easily the most successful terrapins so maybe i shouldn't judge their accomplishments of a human.

which turtle would be the best at mma? i think they'd all do well despite carrying a lot of extra shell weight but my money is on raph

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
They were trained in ninjitsu, which I don't believe anyone has ever used successfully in MMA

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm afraid I have some bad news:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

CarlCX posted:

I'm afraid I have some bad news:

That’s a lot of titles for 0 and 6

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe he just fights in a league which is really kind with participation trophies

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

They were trained in ninjitsu, which I don't believe anyone has ever used successfully in MMA

the floodlights and television cameras are the shadow's natural enemy.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Also all the caltrops that were confiscated at the Harley Davidson prep point

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

That’s a lot of titles for 0 and 6

He won at least 2 amateur titles, according to Tapology

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Thugjitsu has proven to be more effective in MMA

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i have it on good authority that pettis the elder once "ran up the wall like a ninja" but he is probably banned from calling himself that because of a morality clause or something from uncle shenanigans.

steve jennum called himself a practitioner of ninjitsu at ufc 3. he was (is?) also a cop, so he's definitely proficient at doing heinous crimes and not getting caught, so ill just say "sure, he's a ninja."

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

FishBowlRobot posted:

Thugjitsu has proven to be more effective in MMA

What is everyone's favorite Yves Edwards moment?

While I really like all the times he had snacks at weigh ins, including offering his opponents treats during the face off, his "jump knee while actively defending a single leg" KO of Edson Berto is the raddest poo poo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

While I really like all the times he had snacks at weigh ins, including offering his opponents treats during the face off, his "jump knee while actively defending a single leg" KO of Edson Berto is the raddest poo poo

Almost twenty years old, still one of the best knockouts.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's definitely Leonardo or Michaelangelo.

Rafael's the worse with his little pointy sais, gently caress outta here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_6KMGB_Pkw

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

this was before the Guida fight, Raphael is a lot harder to KO now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i watched the first two movies hundreds of times as a kid but preferred the second one. watched them as an adult and the first one is a masterpiece and the second one has vanilla ice.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm pretty sure Raph nearly dying and Leo mourning him at that farm house made childhood me cry.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the end of the 2nd TMNT film with Super Shredder is a cautionary tale about PEDs and the dangers of juicing

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

beep by grandpa posted:

the end of the 2nd TMNT film with Super Shredder is a cautionary tale about PEDs and the dangers of juicing

You become Kevin Nash and now make Jacknife weed varieties while retiring with millions?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also proof that Kevin Nash can take a bump

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kevin nash had a team of 4 handlers working around the clock to keep him away from any wooden structures he might pull down

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/90sWWE/status/1452351769246322693?t=uEAZL1SYPCMYFnJ9s7OSOg&s=19

The worst crime here is what he did to his glorious mane and beard.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Mekchu posted:

Also proof that Kevin Nash can take a bump

and now you too can take a bump with BLUECHEW™

(I listen to too much Kliq this and now just associate Kevin Nash with BLUECHEW™

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
wtf is Kevin Nash

checked https://www.tapology.com/ and he's not there

must be slow mma news day

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Do not get caught up in the rat race.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

wtf is Kevin Nash

checked https://www.tapology.com/ and he's not there

must be slow mma news day

get used to it. this is the new world order

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

steroids are always on-topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

His knockout of Jeremy Stephens. For one, it's an impossibly elegant KO. He ducks under Stephen's insane haymaker and just pops him right in the jaw. It's beautiful. For a second, in context it's even more impressive. Stephens was never really top tier, but he had a habit of making really good fighters fight very awkwardly because they didn't want to end up on the wrong end of his limited but very powerful striking. Stephens was coming off two guys (Cerrone and Pettis) cautiously outpointing him. They clearly beat him, but didn't look great doing so. Then Edwards comes along, knocks him out in the first two minutes and makes it look loving easy. amazing KO.

Unperson_47 posted:

I feel sad that I came to MMA too late to be truly immersed in the magic of Tony Ferguson

Go back and watch all his fights. There's one dull fight in the whole bunch, which is an insane ratio.

Also, he fought RDA at altitude at full speed in Mexico city for five rounds and neither was tired at the end. It might be the single most impressive athletic feet in UFC history.