Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Stux posted:

who could be upset about advance wars when front mission 1 got a date and theyr edoing 3 as well now. get right with god.

I dont know what that is but im probably going to buy it and love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Someone buy VARIOUS DAYLIFE and give a full review, immediately

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

KingSlime posted:

Dark souls 1 is on switch so check it out sometime! Don't worry, it's not as hard as people say it is

Its insanely good and its only flaw is that it requires treating it likr an emulated ps2 game because of its design shortcomings. I havent finished it because i keep picking up new fromsoft games becauae of how enjoyable it is

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Can't wait for matt mcmuscles to tell me what went wrong with Metroid prime 4 in a few years

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Its insanely good and its only flaw is that it requires treating it likr an emulated ps2 game because of its design shortcomings

Oh man, getting kicked out back onto the main menu because I dropped connection or whatever was infuriating esp on a handheld. But Elden Ring does that too still lmao

Either way, replaying dark souls 1 on a handheld was a ton of fun! One of my favorite switch experiences for sure

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 13, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The Front Mission series is great! I am so excited. Sci-Fi anime giant robots in a turn based strategy RPG.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Having bloodborne and elden ring be the games i play alongside it has been detrimental to my progress but it still feels so cool and fresh despite that

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Harvestella seems neat, I love when games actually have demos

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I said come in! posted:

The Front Mission series is great! I am so excited. Sci-Fi anime giant robots in a turn based strategy RPG.

Its insane my love of trpgs hasnt translated into picking up troangle strategy or even finshimg into the breach yet but i love my switch and ill do it eventually

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1569747010013503493

Axios reporter asked Nintendo about Advance Wars.

Hasn't been cancelled... yet.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

metroid prime 4 will come out when its ready and good. until its ready you can simply remove it from your mind.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Direct was pretty underwhelming for me. I was most interested in BOTW2 but we didn't get new info beyond a title and date. I was second most interested in Goldeneye 64. Nothing else grabbed me much.

But that's okay because I have tons of games I still have to play on the Nintendo Switch.

Also there were like 600 farm life sim games in the direct lol

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Fire emblem protag looks insanely stupid, but everything else about the game looks pretty cool! Hopefully they'll underplay the social elements compared to the last one, but even then I think I'm going to give this one a shot. The little bit we saw from the maps and the combat looked pretty sweet

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
farming is cool nintendo is cool

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

KingSlime posted:

You're missing out if you don't regard dark souls/ Bloodborne as actual Castlevania successors

It's like imagine if iga started making 3d games. Dark souls 1 is on switch so check it out sometime! Don't worry, it's not as hard as people say it is

you're incredibly loving stupid and it's unbelievable

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Now that was a nice Direct!

But Nintendo, what are you doing to me? I've counted 9 games I absolutely need to buy. I guess I should consider myself lucky the release dates are spread out from now to May 2023, lol.

Also :lol: at the people who fell for insider leaks, again. :lol:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't like farming but I like anime so I give that direct a 5/10

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
The new Octopath Traveller 2 trailer is proof that the Merchant is always the best character.

And they have a hat.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

An Actual Princess posted:

you're incredibly loving stupid and it's unbelievable

Take five buddy, I know it's been an exciting day but let's keep it chill, like we're disagreeing about fantasy action games ya know?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I have it on good authority that the Nintendo employee responsible for editing the direct is freaking out because he forgot to include the "Metroid Prime + Windwaker Remaster Double Pack" segment.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i'm playing windwaker on my nintendo wii

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

KingSlime posted:

The other day I was playing Castlevania order of eccelssia thinking to myself drat this is a pretty good budget bloodborne

What the gently caress

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What kind of loving rear end in a top hat decided to put Theatrhythm and Octopath 2 within one week of each other, I'm gonna be so broke in February.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mega64 posted:

What kind of loving rear end in a top hat decided to put Theatrhythm and Octopath 2 within one week of each other, I'm gonna be so broke in February.

good

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

hatty posted:

What the gently caress

They're in the exact same genre (action rpg) and they have a very similar themes + gameplay loop and combat is all about memorizing patterns + good reactions, you literally farm monsters for weapons and magic, both feature metroidvania type exploration

It's good stuff man. As a lifelong Castlevania fan I have found a new home w from soft because Konami don't care

E: oops, swapped out to the right quote by hatty, had the wrong one

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 13, 2022

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Palmtree Panic posted:

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1569747010013503493

Axios reporter asked Nintendo about Advance Wars.

Hasn't been cancelled... yet.

i dont believe them

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

KingSlime posted:

They're in the exact same genre and they have a very similar themes + gameplay loop and combat is all about memorizing patterns + good reactions, you literally farm monsters for weapons and magic

It's good stuff man. As a lifelong Castlevania fan I have found a new home w from soft because Konami don't care

i see it too friend

Ds1, 2, bloodborne especially

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

KingSlime posted:

They're in the exact same genre and they have a very similar themes + gameplay loop and combat is all about memorizing patterns + good reactions, you literally farm monsters for weapons and magic

this doesn't make any sense. unreal

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Fuligin posted:

i see it too friend

Ds1, 2, bloodborne especially

I don't know why it got people so upset lol! Like that's fine you can just say no. I don't see the genre/ similarities

An Actual Princess posted:

this doesn't make any sense. unreal

I think as video games they have a lot in common, I'm willing to bet Miyazaki was a huge fan. Although it's pretty obvious, he loves Zelda too

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
bloodborne is based on the video game series bloodborne and castlevania is based on the movie dracula

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I still stand by the fact that Splatoon 3 is so much fun and filled with so much content that the direct would not have been able to be a disappointment for me, since I'm already good.

But goddamn that N64 announcement. All of the games, not just Goldeneye. I can't wait to fly, motorbike, snowboard, and, uhhh... party x3 with all of those announced games.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Square Enix's output is just insane right now and showing no sign of slowing down.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/SantanaelChan/status/1569704738832412673?t=1PRAtfCBaNQYwL9Hlf-Zcw&s=19

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dark souls games are 3d metroidvanias im afraid hes correct

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Cartoon Man posted:

Nintendo concluding another Direct with no Metroid Prime 4 news:

https://i.imgur.com/GEmQ6xK.gifv

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

RuBisCO posted:

gimme those monopoly pieces, square

The collector's edition for the first one was a really cool pop up book. Monopoly pieces are a downgrade

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Looking forward to February direct when Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, & Metroid Prime Trilogy remasters are rumored to be announced.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Palmtree Panic posted:

Looking forward to February direct when Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, & Metroid Prime Trilogy remasters are rumored to be announced.

looking forward to them not being announced

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Metroid Prime Farm Simulator, where you play as a Metroid and farm X Parasites to eat and sell for Metroid House upgrades, and you can also date other Metroids and raise Metroid families.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Does anyone have any idea how Theathrhythm will play on a console? That's important before I drop 130$ on something