Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Going to be hilarious when Geno finishes the season with better stats then Flacco/Wilson combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
There’s actually something of a Geno Smith renaissance happening on the football podcasts I listen to.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1569491772358950913

Good season Jamal

Jason Myers still good like 4 years after the Jets let him walk for no reason.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 13, 2022

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

You’re saltier about the Jamal thing than I am Minkah. You got a much better return for a worse player!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

The Seahawks have less talent (or at least equal talent) than the Jets do and Geno loving Smith as their QB and they are like 10 billion times more ready to play than the Jets were. I'm like 95% out on the Jets coaching staff at this point.

What would make you happiest: a Joe Douglas avatar, a Bob Saleh avatar, or a Mekhi Becton avatar?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

What would make you happiest: a Joe Douglas avatar, a Bob Saleh avatar, or a Mekhi Becton avatar?

Save your money lol.

Do you think the Jets win that game if Geno is playing QB?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

mcmagic posted:

Save your money lol.

Do you think the Jets win that game

No

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Did Geno ever go 14/14 in NY? What was Flacco's highest number of pass attempts in previous years?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is like Geno Smith v Miami 2014 vibes. I’m happy for him.

^^^He went 20/25 and 16/20 before.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He had a perfect passing efficiency game against the Dolphins that they needed for the playoffs.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The Seahawks have less talent (or at least equal talent) than the Jets do and Geno loving Smith as their QB and they are like 10 billion times more ready to play than the Jets were. I'm like 95% out on the Jets coaching staff at this point.

I swear to god you're my alt account that I didn't know I had.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

SpitztheGreat posted:

I swear to god you're my alt account that I didn't know I had.

I don't know if this thread can withstand two mcmagics

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I too cannot believe Robert Saleh is not as good a coach as Pete Carrol.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Phew off season is such a happy time with full blown delusions that are as easily burst as a newly blown bubble at adam Gase’s latest gig as a peewee football coach

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How many 8 year olds has Adam Gase gotten absolutely crushed calling a bubble screen on 3rd and 12?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Seahawks defense letting them back in.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Absolute king poo poo

https://twitter.com/fourverts/status/1569526753332449281?s=46&t=Om5vc4jmC48zKeCyL27JNw

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
After watching the broncos and that pussy rear end call… man I love McDaniel

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
remembering wanting to pull my hair out watching nate hackett call plays for the bills under marrone and wondering how he turned that into a head coaching gig somewhere

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
warner did a video reviewing josh allen's play on 3rd downs in the rams game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faTdMSH7X2c

biggest takeaway isn't that the rams defense played poorly, it's that they played pretty well and josh dismantled them anyways

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

whatis posted:

remembering wanting to pull my hair out watching nate hackett call plays for the bills under marrone and wondering how he turned that into a head coaching gig somewhere

Yeah when they hired him I was sure it was another man named Nate Hackett. I thought SURELY this isn't that Nate Hackett lmao.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Doug Marrone seemed to think of Nate Hackett as his personal protege, he brought him with him everywhere he went only to unceremoniously throw him under the bus when things started going bad in Jacksonville

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I just saw that Scott Frost was fired. I figured he was never leaving Nebraska. Haven't the Jets been interested in him for HC just about every time they have had an opening?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Paul Hackett was a terrible OC and should be ashamed.

syzpid posted:

I just saw that Scott Frost was fired. I figured he was never leaving Nebraska. Haven't the Jets been interested in him for HC just about every time they have had an opening?
I follow UCF and the Jets and other than being drafted by them, I don't recall seeing any connection there. They were interested in Rhule, Kingsbury, and Matt Campbell. I think that was it as far as reported college coaches.

Oh and Todd Monken but he was in the NFL at the time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Paul Hackett was a terrible OC and should be ashamed.

Paul Hackett's jet offenses look like the 98 Rams compared to the offensive football we've watched for the last 11 years other than 15.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

Save your money lol.

The real answer is an Aaron Hicks avatar isn't it :devil:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/jamiestuartTV/status/1569751460371472384

What do they want to have happen? They loving poo poo the bed at home in the opener, they looked lke the worst team in the NFL..... What do they expect the media to say about them? They have been a bottom 3 franchise in the NFL for the last decade. They haven't made the playoffs in MORE THAN TWICE AS LONG as the next team. WHAT SHOULD PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THEM?????????????????????

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 13, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bart Scott, infamous for the “play me straight up! Like a man!” In response to the wildcat.

His team ran the wildcat 4 weeks later

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Look at mcmagic—member of the instant coffee generation—wanting a playoff berth after only 11 seasons.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bart Scott has always been a loud mouthed dummy homer.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/jamiestuartTV/status/1569751460371472384

What do they want to have happen? They loving poo poo the bed at home in the opener, they looked lke the worst team in the NFL..... What do they expect the media to say about them? They have been a bottom 3 franchise in the NFL for the last decade. They haven't made the playoffs in MORE THAN TWICE AS LONG as the next team. WHAT SHOULD PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THEM?????????????????????

If the media doesn't have anything nice to say they shouldn't say anything at all

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/SneakyJoeSports/status/1569712207310594053?t=77YlfcR_sYpfynw2s3jzJQ&s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Wasn’t Bart Scott taking weird potshots at Zach Wilson’s leadership last year? He’s definitely part of the problem lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Week Two and the owner is already (correctly) undermining the offensive coordinator.

https://twitter.com/GreshKeefe/status/1569735376482275329?s=20&t=udEf9d21fMfNjlMlF0YrFQ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Wasn’t Bart Scott taking weird potshots at Zach Wilson’s leadership last year? He’s definitely part of the problem lol
Zach botched the 4th and 2 sneak against the Bucs that essentially ended the game. Bart and Willie Colon called him selfish for calling his own play and trying to hog the glory, instead of what it was, a rookie fuckup.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2022/01/jets-robert-saleh-blames-coaching-staffs-lack-of-communication-on-botched-4th-down-play-call.html

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
God I loving hate Matt Patricia.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean great but I can’t imagine much quality still out there to be had.

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1569778489267523589

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

this darkness
this hopelessness
this despair
be devoured by it

I think even the jets will nibble on your wretched carcass

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Sal Cappacio posted:

Sunday’s Dolphins win over Patriots broke the big tie we’ve been sitting on all offseason:

Bill Belichick is now 71–80 in 151 career regular season games coached with someone other than Tom Brady as his starting QB.

Dolphins are now 72–79 in their last 151 regular season games.

Please never stop coaching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fsif posted:

Week Two and the owner is already (correctly) undermining the offensive coordinator.

https://twitter.com/GreshKeefe/status/1569735376482275329?s=20&t=udEf9d21fMfNjlMlF0YrFQ

fire Patricia into the drat sun