Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Can someone who knows about 40k lore tell me, is this guy really that relentless about shooting? He'll shoot everything. He'll shoot you. He'll shoot me. He'll shoot himself if I deal 1 damage to him somehow, like with Desert Sands. The only thing that doesn't make him shoot something is if he himself deals 1 damage, perhaps to stop loops.

Though it seems perfectly in-character to just keep shooting!

Nah they're not that into shooting things. The ability is supposed to replicate their 40k ability to get an extra shot in for every shot that lands in combination with ignoring screening rules for characters (so you can shoot leader units that would normally be untargetable because they have regular troops in the way).

Lorewise they're supposed to be heroes of the revolution to inspire the oppressed masses except the revolution exists to weaken the government so the Tyranid fleet can come eat everything more easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Doesn't explain why Shivan Reef becomes extremely fraught but, it makes Fiery Confluence deal 9 damage to each creature, so I'll take it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dunno bout this 40K nonsense but I opened a Leyline Binding and a borderless Boseiju from MTGO chests so I’m feelin good

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Can't find it on the mothership but here's the whole tyranid deck.
Nothing I really liked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTvU04n4dVo

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

HootTheOwl posted:

Can't find it on the mothership but here's the whole tyranid deck.
Nothing I really liked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTvU04n4dVo

looks like they were early.. link's suppose to be here https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/warhammer-40000-commander-decklists

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Can someone who knows about 40k lore tell me, is this guy really that relentless about shooting? He'll shoot everything. He'll shoot you. He'll shoot me. He'll shoot himself if I deal 1 damage to him somehow, like with Desert Sands. The only thing that doesn't make him shoot something is if he himself deals 1 damage, perhaps to stop loops.

Though it seems perfectly in-character to just keep shooting!

This is a/the kelermorph and he has a rad western gunslinging model. The deal one, deal an additional two is probably in reference to his three arms/guns in that if he shoots you once he's gonna follow up with another two.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

They're on mythic spoiler now.
They're supposed to come out a 2p (4 central, so 27 minutes ago) on the main site

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Big fan of cards that just restate the rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Read it again.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You read it again.

joke, right? I hope it was a joke.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

All this WH40k stuff is just for Commander or whatever, right? It's not going to touch any of the normal constructed formats.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Mat Cauthon posted:

All this WH40k stuff is just for Commander or whatever, right? It's not going to touch any of the normal constructed formats.

It has the same format legality as the rest of the Commander decks, so besides Commander it's also legal in Legacy/Vintage/Pauper for commons, but it won't touch Modern or anything newer.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Legal in Legacy and Vintage

E;fb

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

are any of these cards gonna break into eternal formats? will I see BoshNRoll do a Tyranids deck

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

are any of these cards gonna break into eternal formats? will I see BoshNRoll do a Tyranids deck

you're asking this question way too early. people will likely try, for various reasons

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There's a possible rg sb roleplayer in the nyd deck but so far nothing.
I think though the forces of the imperium have potential because their mechanic, surge, which is basically multikicker but the kicker is always "etb make a copy'. The Vanguard Suppressor showed a surge cost of a generic two, which means it could, in theory, slot into a stompy/post deck.

E: I think though the answer to your question is no because I don't think it's coming to mtgo

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Read it again.

Oh right, it's asymmetric, so it makes your opponents' +1/+1 counters do nothing

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Oh right, it's asymmetric, so it makes your opponents' +1/+1 counters do nothing

What bit are you trying to do here

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

GonSmithe posted:

What bit are you trying to do here

You can read it as explaining what a +1/+1 counter does.

As in if you don't know that a +1/+1 counter gives +1/+1 it explains that to you

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Shadow in the Warp seems deece

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

ilmucche posted:

You can read it as explaining what a +1/+1 counter does.

As in if you don't know that a +1/+1 counter gives +1/+1 it explains that to you

??????
I'm begging both of you to read the card. Do it slowly.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Goons please stop whooshing each other

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Everyone understands that it effectively doubles the +1/+1 counters on your creatures, right?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TotalHell posted:

Goons please stop whooshing each other

if there's anything goons like more than dumb barely-jokes it's not getting those jokes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

Everyone understands that it effectively doubles the +1/+1 counters on your creatures, right?

The person who made the initial joke is aware of it but i can not tell who else is doing a bit or genuinely think they didnt know it

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Barry Shitpeas posted:

this card will go great in my Ruxa, Patient Professor deck

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

kalel posted:

this card will go great in my Ruxa, Patient Professor deck

Creatures with no abilities and 1/1 counters?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I was originally making a joke about cards like Grafdigger's Cage that prevent things that are not allowed by default

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I was originally making a joke about cards like Grafdigger's Cage that prevent things that are not allowed by default

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Barry Shitpeas posted:

better joke would have been to make your own post in italics

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
At first I was sad that there are no official pincher tokens, but then I was like hey, I took art in fifth grade and have ten dollars to spend on blank cards

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 14, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol slav squatting genestealers

someone edit'em into some adidas

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Elysiume posted:

At first I was sad that there are no official pincher tokens, but then I was like hey, I took art in fifth grade and have ten dollars to spend on blank cards

Fifth Grade. Fifth Dawn. Makes you think!

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

the emergent joke of people thinking I didn't understand the card was funnier, it's true

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Anyone read Japanese?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Haste

When Lucious the Eternal dies, exile it instead and choose a creature an opponent controls. When that creature leaves the battlefield return ~ to play.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Too many of you are finding out modern goblins is fun and viable and I am sick of the mirror.

Stop

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Sickening posted:

Too many of you are finding out modern goblins is fun and viable and I am sick of the mirror.

Stop

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sickening posted:

Stop

Me too, that why I angle mine upward so I can comb my hair without seeing myself.

Honestly seeing the cards so far for the 40k decks makes me wish they'd do more decks with like 50% new cards. They all seem to be fun and flavorful and really synergistic. These will probably be pretty good commander tutorial decks.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Any deck that has to pay for spells is good for modern.
Even if technically it doesn't because it's Aethervial and using a 2 mana card to get access to 5 mana abilities.