Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

dorium posted:

the crew of maximum overdrive also had a lot of coke.

Stephen king took care of it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Stephen king took care of it all

Stephen King, Emilio Estevez, and Pat Hingle just going line for line.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

mweber posted:

Stephen King, Emilio Estevez, and Pat Hingle just going line for line.

https://www.slashfilm.com/540033/maximum-overdrive-oral-history/

in this SlashFilm retrospective Laura Harrington was talking about how Emilio would have Tom Cruise and Demi Moore flying in and out of the set to visit and go boogie boarding and apparently Blue Velvet was shooting at the exact same time in the same town and Lynch had to stop filming multiple times because the explosions from the MO set were being caught on their audio feed.

that entire town was on blow to allow all this to be happening at once.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

BiggerBoat posted:

I never heard of "Nothing But Trouble" but learning about it now I'm trying to figure out...like, what were they going for there?

Realtalk: 13 year old me and my best friend LOVED that movie. I think gross-out humor appeals to the pre-teen boy demo, like 11-13 year olds. Granted that's a pretty narrow audience to target.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

dorium posted:

in this SlashFilm retrospective Laura Harrington was talking about how Emilio would have Tom Cruise and Demi Moore flying in and out of the set to visit and go boogie boarding and apparently Blue Velvet was shooting at the exact same time in the same town and Lynch had to stop filming multiple times because the explosions from the MO set were being caught on their audio feed.

It's Wilmington, they were either all on kratom or getting their RIP sleeve tattoos worked on

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Like with just a few tweaks making an adult gory Goonies could be a cool movie….it just didn’t happen.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

dorium posted:

You know the Maximum Overdrive crew had to chase Hopper away from set more than once.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

I feel the need to clarify that unlike with Maximum Overdrive there is no confirmed use of cocaine during the making of Nothing But Trouble. It's just that it's the only thing that explains that...thing.

Edit: A more likely explanation is that Aykroyd is one of those guys who just puts out a flood of ideas and needs an editor to go through them with a weed whacker. His first draft for the script of Blues Brothers was over 300 pages. Nothing But Trouble is Unfiltered Aykroyd.

5 hour blues brothers cut when

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Arson Daily posted:

5 hour blues brothers cut when

You joke but

quote:

The Blues Brothers was filmed during the summer and fall of 1979, primarily around Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. The film was originally intended to be a roadshow attraction, lasting nearly three hours and including an intermission. The roadshow cut was shown only once at the Picwood Theater in West Los Angeles where afterward Landis was asked to make cuts. A preview cut was then shown after Landis trimmed 30 minutes of footage. After the preview cut, the film was trimmed down to 133 minutes, which was used as the theatrical release.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 11, 2022

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I wonder how many cars were wrecked in the nearly 1 hour of cut footage.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm so glad I'm the the only kid that noticed that Talespin was ripping off Cheers wholesale.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

the Cheers/Tailspin connection was like that Tim and Eric gif of the guys head exploding into different galaxies for me. Totally blew my mind. Anyway, during the early pandemic I watched Tailspin with my daughter and noticed that this episode was missing which was disappointing because as a kid it was probably my favorite next to the two part series premier. I was ten when that episode aired so all the real awful racist stuff went right over my head; I just liked the cool dogfight scenes and remember it being kinda dark for a kids show at the time. I'm kinda glad they pulled it but now I want to watch it to see how bad it really is but dont want to spend 2 bux to do it. Maybe my memories of it are better, IDK

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Being from the South, it always surprises me that there's still a ton of people that have no idea what the movie "Stone Cold" is. Just southern fried sleeze with a skunk mullet, and an always sweaty/shiny Lance Hendriksen being a compelling piece of poo poo. Also with cameo appearances of a time traveling Kenny Omega. Oklahoma WORSHIPS the ground Boz walks on, him and Barry Switzer.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bobkatt013 posted:

God awful movies is doing it for there next episode

Hunter episode is out: https://audioboom.com/posts/8156308-my-son-hunter

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Jiro posted:

Being from the South, it always surprises me that there's still a ton of people that have no idea what the movie "Stone Cold" is. Just southern fried sleeze with a skunk mullet, and an always sweaty/shiny Lance Hendriksen being a compelling piece of poo poo. Also with cameo appearances of a time traveling Kenny Omega. Oklahoma WORSHIPS the ground Boz walks on, him and Barry Switzer.

Anyone know if you can stream Stone Cold anywhere? Best I can find is renting the Rifftrax version on Amazon.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

mweber posted:

Anyone know if you can stream Stone Cold anywhere? Best I can find is renting the Rifftrax version on Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN-pRNfp8cA

First thing that came up on a Duckduckgo search, weird. Haven't found it available anywhere else.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 14, 2022

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Jiro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN-pRNfp8cA

First thing that came up on a Duckduckgo search, weird. Haven't found it available anywhere else.

Thanks to both you and Željko Cvetković!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

mweber posted:

If you do end up wanting to watch the rifftrax version as well, it's free on pluto tv
https://pluto.tv/en/search/details/movies/rifftrax-stone-cold-2014-1-1

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

duz posted:

If you do end up wanting to watch the rifftrax version as well, it's free on pluto tv
https://pluto.tv/en/search/details/movies/rifftrax-stone-cold-2014-1-1

Thanks!

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

I wish that Eric would stop whatever he's doing with Chris. I don't feel like listening to the Gleep Glossary anymore because Eric has started sounding so aggressive. I know it's probably just their personal injoke or something, but I just want to listen to a podcast. Apparently someone complained, so now he's switched to aggressive sarcasm instead. Eeh... I don't know.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1570802223172718593

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It’s a gag OP

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I hope he continues to escalate the “feud”, personally.

Logical endpoint is Erik just removes Chris’s audio track entirely.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It's being Chris cheated at the VHS trailer game.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

crabin deserves it

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Cael posted:

I hope he continues to escalate the “feud”, personally.

Logical endpoint is Erik just removes Chris’s audio track entirely.

I laughed a little when he dropped his outro on whichever ep that was

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

Well ok. But I don't get the joke. Why is it funny to pretend to be abusive?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Tac Dibar posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Honeymooners?wprov=sfti1

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think it’s funny when he yells at Cabin and Cabin just chuckles a little. Cabin deserves it for making GBS threads on nerd stuff like he isn’t a big loving movie dork.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Tac Dibar posted:

Not every joke has to be for you.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Tac Dibar posted:

Eric is a big Star Wars dork, Cabin is a dork for other things but makes fun of things like Star Wars, Eric responds by jokingly turning the Star Wars themed show into a personal grudge against Cabin, the two friends have fun jokingly making GBS threads on things their friend likes and fake getting angry.

It's especially funny because most of the time it's just Eric getting spicy and Cabin chuckling in the corner, like a certain Salacious Crumb if you will.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

When Eric said on the podcast that some people were complaining that he was too mean to Chris I thought he was joking.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
I'm complaining Eric isn't mean enough to Chris, I hope he fuckin kills that guy!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Now I'm imagining the crew of WHM on Celebrity Deathmatch. :v:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

a good WHM fighting game. Eric's super move/finisher is called The Grassy Knoll

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

Maybe I'm not a bad enough dude for those types of jokes then.

On another note, I had a thoroughly good time with the Enter the Ninjamentary. Highly recommended!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Tac Dibar posted:

Maybe I'm not a bad enough dude for those types of jokes then.

On another note, I had a thoroughly good time with the Enter the Ninjamentary. Highly recommended!

are you just just not ok with the three main mono-myths?

man vs man (I can't watch something where two people aren't kind to each other?)
man vs nature (man that windstorm is a straight up jerk?)
man vs himself (I can't even with this, just being depressed, snap out of it?)

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Don't be obtuse. There's a difference between "I don't like that two of the guys in my fun and silly bad movie podcast appear to have legitimate hostility towards each other," and "I am unable to tolerate the very idea of conflict as a narrative concept."

EDIT: Also, in the monomyth, those conflicts serve a narrative purpose and bring about a change in character or status. I also would not be interested in a story that just details a windstorm hitting the same village on a weekly basis. It's literally a complaint about most film sequels/later seasons of shows.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 19, 2022

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
The Shrek Forever After episode was a good one. Loved the bit about Stephen being arrested and convicted of being a nerd and a loser.

"Good night, and good loser." :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Shrek Benoit" made me laugh way too hard