Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Really wish the restaurant manager would stop responding to me asking the last time he cleaned the loving beer lines with "I don't know. I want to, but I'm busy!". Just carve out like an hour pre opening once a month. It's mostly just waiting with caustic in the lines. You can do other things while it sets! I used to do in before opening once every two weeks or so when I worked behind the loving bar! It's not that hard! Weekdays tend to be pretty slow! Guess I'm gonna have to get back there with a bucket and a mop as well as a rag and bleach water to clean up the floor that is once again caked in dried up stale beer while the hoses are loving caked in mold. I mean... for Christ's sake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

champagne posting posted:

I dunno Facebook pretty competently took all of our personal data and photos and chat messages and turned it into a tidy profit

it's true, yeah- be interesting to see if FB can force Meta on everyone before their boomer message board slowly withers too much. They're throwing a lot of money at it to be sure

on the other hand Amazon hosting 70% of the internet and establishing themselves as The online shopping facilitator seems a little less ephemeral to me currently and makes me feel like I'll be dealing with Amazon until the day I die absent any antitrust actions being taken against them (lol)

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Monkey Fracas posted:

it's true, yeah- be interesting to see if FB can force Meta on everyone before their boomer message board slowly withers too much. They're throwing a lot of money at it to be sure

on the other hand Amazon hosting 70% of the internet and establishing themselves as The online shopping facilitator seems a little less ephemeral to me currently and makes me feel like I'll be dealing with Amazon until the day I die absent any antitrust actions being taken against them (lol)

For a brief glorious moment I had forgotten aws exists

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You shouldn't. It is just as much part of the problem.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Escape From Noise posted:

Really wish the restaurant manager would stop responding to me asking the last time he cleaned the loving beer lines with "I don't know. I want to, but I'm busy!". Just carve out like an hour pre opening once a month. It's mostly just waiting with caustic in the lines. You can do other things while it sets! I used to do in before opening once every two weeks or so when I worked behind the loving bar! It's not that hard! Weekdays tend to be pretty slow! Guess I'm gonna have to get back there with a bucket and a mop as well as a rag and bleach water to clean up the floor that is once again caked in dried up stale beer while the hoses are loving caked in mold. I mean... for Christ's sake!

To: Bar Manager
Cc:General Manager
Subject: Beer lines and state of bar

Hi Sentient Bag of Human Garbage,

The beer lines are loving disgusting and the beer tastes like rear end because of it. The bar is also a gross health code violation. This is unhygienic and is going to cost us money. It also reflects badly on the company. I will not be supplying you with any more kegs until you clean them twice a month.

Eat poo poo and die,

EFN

E:. I used to live next to a bar with a reputation for serving hangover fuel. Everyone thinks it's because they don't clean their beer lines. So many wretched mornings.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 13, 2022

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Outrail posted:

To: Bar Manager
Cc:General Manager
Subject: Beer lines and state of bar

Hi Sentient Bag of Human Garbage,

The beer lines are loving disgusting and the beer tastes like rear end because of it. The bar is also a gross health code violation. This is unhygienic and is going to cost us money. It also reflects badly on the company. I will not be supplying you with any more kegs until you clean them twice a month.

Eat poo poo and die,

EFN

E:. I used to live next to a bar with a reputation for serving hangover fuel. Everyone thinks it's because they don't clean their beer lines. So many wretched mornings.

I can't really withhold beer from my own company, unfortunately. I dunno. Things are mostly okay as far as my actual job goes. I'm going to bring it up again. Possibly to the section chief. I don't want to rat, but I also don't think it'll end very badly for the manager. He's a level headed guy. I'm just getting tired of the lackluster presentation of what I produce and the lack of effort towards sales. I know my jobs at least safe and pay is okay. I'm coasting until at least March before I make any real decisions or start putting any effort into maybe looking for another job. I was thinking about working on opening my own place, but I've since reconsidered that option. I dunno. Just thinking about a lot of stuff.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
You should definitely open your own brewery. Maybe also with an attached restaurant. It's just food and drink how hard could it be?

The schad thread hungers

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Hell yeah, offer pending for the new job. This is what happen when you understaff and steal my budget for ???.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Outrail posted:

You should definitely open your own brewery. Maybe also with an attached restaurant. It's just food and drink how hard could it be?

The schad thread hungers

Restaurants are notoriously easy to run.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Hell yeah, offer pending for the new job. This is what happen when you understaff and steal my budget for ???.

Hell yeah! Suck it, Samuel's soon to be ex bosses!

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Restaurants are notoriously easy to run.

Why else would people always be opening new ones?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Yesterday I found out one of the executives floated the idea of shifting all virtual meetings away from Teams... To the Metaverse.

I don't think we even had to get involved to smother that idea with a pillow.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yesterday I found out one of the executives floated the idea of shifting all virtual meetings away from Teams... To the Metaverse.

I don't think we even had to get involved to smother that idea with a pillow.

Pitch a transition to Minecraft.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Outrail posted:

Pitch a transition to Minecraft.

The TPS reports are ready for your review... in Minecraft.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Atticus_1354 posted:

Why else would people always be opening new ones?

The margins must be amazing considering all the people who open new restaurants and retire within a year.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sorry I don't have those reports boss, I gotta do a quick corpse run.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Sorry I don't have those reports boss, I gotta do a quick corpse run.

When I was in high school my best friend’s cousin was one of the top raiders on his EverQuest server. He was also an EMT in our tiny town and regularly worked 24 hours shifts where he would either have no calls or be gone nonstop. The ambulance barn was right by my house and occasionally I’d be woken up at like 2:00 am by a phone call to him going, “Yorkshire, I got a call, come do this raid!” And I’d run over and and go click whatever two buttons I needed to until it was over.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Blue Moonlight posted:

Amusingly, they recently announced a UI update that is basically just Netflix:

I absolutely hate Amazon's new video interface. They have actually made it MORE difficult to find the shows we were watching to begin with.

In fun "dumb poo poo" news, apparently the husband has to go in tomorrow to craft the office's "Fire Evacuation" plan after today's fun times.

A fire alarm went off in an office filled with engineers, so high INT, but low WIS. And, the engineers did what engineers do. "Huh, this fire alarm is going off. Let's troubleshoot it. What could be causing this to happen? There's no smoke, so it must be something else. While we look into it, let's turn it off and go investigate."

The fire department was not impressed and apparently explained quite clearly, but kindly, that the investigation part of a fire alarm is actually their job, and THEY will be the ones to figure out what is going wrong while the office people EVACUATE THE BUILDING.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

BrideOfUglycat posted:

I absolutely hate Amazon's new video interface. They have actually made it MORE difficult to find the shows we were watching to begin with.

In fun "dumb poo poo" news, apparently the husband has to go in tomorrow to craft the office's "Fire Evacuation" plan after today's fun times.

A fire alarm went off in an office filled with engineers, so high INT, but low WIS. And, the engineers did what engineers do. "Huh, this fire alarm is going off. Let's troubleshoot it. What could be causing this to happen? There's no smoke, so it must be something else. While we look into it, let's turn it off and go investigate."

The fire department was not impressed and apparently explained quite clearly, but kindly, that the investigation part of a fire alarm is actually their job, and THEY will be the ones to figure out what is going wrong while the office people EVACUATE THE BUILDING.

lmao that owns, like something straight out of a sitcom

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

When I was in high school my best friend’s cousin was one of the top raiders on his EverQuest server. He was also an EMT in our tiny town and regularly worked 24 hours shifts where he would either have no calls or be gone nonstop. The ambulance barn was right by my house and occasionally I’d be woken up at like 2:00 am by a phone call to him going, “Yorkshire, I got a call, come do this raid!” And I’d run over and and go click whatever two buttons I needed to until it was over.

Sir! Can you hear me? Can you squeeze my hand? Ok, keep clicking this mouse while I get stabilize your neck.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

AceClown posted:

lmao that owns, like something straight out of a sitcom

All it needs is the engineers to start a real fire that receives no response because they disabled the alarm

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Outrail posted:

All it needs is the engineers to start a real fire that receives no response because they disabled the alarm

Oh, that part is even better.

The alarm was going off, not because of a faulty sensor as they were surmising... But because they decided to stress-test multiple machines at the same time right underneath the sensor that detects an increase in heat caused by fire.

Like, the heat coming off of said multiple machines at the same time in the same place.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

BrideOfUglycat posted:

The alarm was going off, not because of a faulty sensor as they were surmising... But because they decided to stress-test multiple machines at the same time right underneath the sensor that detects an increase in heat caused by fire.

Like, the heat coming off of said multiple machines at the same time in the same place.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Can you cut the line and leave a note saying "hey these were are biohazard and now they aren't. You do need a new line though".

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Everyone has too much poo poo to deal with already, and you want us to march outside with our flabby, shameful bodies when we could use our big, beautiful brains to die in a fire troubleshoot?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Dumb poo poo my wife's work does:

"Congratulations, you passed the test of making it to your interview after giving you false and conflicting information, and not having a panic attack when we hid the preparation materials for the timed presentation.

You are now eligible to enter the hiring pool for the job that you are currently doing!"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

evilpicard posted:

Dumb poo poo my wife's work does:

"Congratulations, you passed the test of making it to your interview after giving you false and conflicting information, and not having a panic attack when we hid the preparation materials for the timed presentation.

You are now eligible to enter the hiring pool for the job that you are currently doing!"

NoBoDy WaNtS tO wOrK aNyMoRe

E: if someone hasn't linked it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUQ4ei5NsQA

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Machai posted:

I never knew there was so much bureaucracy behind erotic roleplay.
I was going to make a similar observation, being terminally online has caused me to associate that acronym with weirdos doing poo poo in MMOs.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Restaurant manager comes in at 10 today to clean up before opening at 12. He's cleaning the floor and when I mention that if he put caustic in the lines before starting his cleanup (I put it forth as a helpful suggestion, or that was at least the intent) and his response was that setting that up takes a lot of time. It's adding loving 50 ml of caustic to 5 liters of warm water, running it through 10 lines, waiting at least 30 minutes, then flushing. That's like maybe 15-20 minutes of setup, then just let it set as you clean everything else! It's a weekday! The place generally isn't too busy until later in the afternoon! I guess I'll have to clean these loving lines if I don't want my beer to taste like loving garbage!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I guess I'll have to clean these loving lines if I don't want my beer to taste like loving garbage!

or, here's an idea: don't do that

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

or, here's an idea: don't do that

Then it'll never get done.

Edit: I kind of feel bad about it but I sent pics of the state of the cold room with pictures on the mold and the dirty floor to a group chat with the restaurant manager and the section head saying they needed to start scheduling regular cleaning days. Again his response was "Well I've been busy...". This is killing me and partially why I'm probably just thinking I'll just do it, it's not even that much work. I used to do it regularly before opening when I was behind the bar as I prepped for the start of the day. I could literally do it while I'm cleaning the brew house tomorrow.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 14, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Then it'll never get done.

"Not my job, not my problem." I chant as I merge into the walls Pirates of the Caribbean style.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

McGavin posted:

"Not my job, not my problem." I chant as I merge into the walls Pirates of the Caribbean style.

Yeah but it effects my reputation as a brewer and is like less than 30 minutes of actual work. Most of it is just sitting around waiting for the caustic to do it's thing.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Machai posted:

I never knew there was so much bureaucracy behind erotic roleplay.

This probably explains why they renamed our ERP to “Enterprise ERP” recently.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

duffmensch posted:

This probably explains why they renamed our ERP to “Enterprise ERP” recently.

Well, seems weird to make Erotic Role Play systems only for Trekkies but theres probably demand.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
I am currently entering week two of my attempt to get my employer to clearly/officially state my hours of work, and I am getting a sinking feeling that suggests their reluctance to confirm basic administrative information suggests that they're up to *something* illegal.

Tax evasion? Payroll fuckery? Embezzlement? Who knows?

Or, maybe they're just that incompetent. It is a mystery.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Atopian posted:

I am currently entering week two of my attempt to get my employer to clearly/officially state my hours of work, and I am getting a sinking feeling that suggests their reluctance to confirm basic administrative information suggests that they're up to *something* illegal.

Tax evasion? Payroll fuckery? Embezzlement? Who knows?

Or, maybe they're just that incompetent. It is a mystery.

Are you hourly or salaried? Either way, that screams that they're doing something fucky with their payroll.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Timby posted:

Are you hourly or salaried? Either way, that screams that they're doing something fucky with their payroll.

Salaried. If I were hourly it would have been instaquit.
But that's why it's weird that they won't list their office hours. What have they got to lose? :-S

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Monkey Fracas posted:

Meta Horizons is pretty much gonna be the same as Facebook but worse, because it's a legal bucket to contain data from all their existing and future services instead of quietly shuffling it into Facebook behind the EU's back.

My expectation is to migrate everyone to Horizons and then let Facebook wither as a marketing move to jettison the toxic branding for nice shiny new Meta. It won't work, but they clearly think it will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Zuck just needs to get out there and Grill the Meats (Sweet Baby Ray's).