Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

beer gas canister posted:

holy poo poo Radiant Silvergun out today :bisonyes:

Is it actually out? eShop says today's the release date, but there's no purchase link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

jivjov posted:

Is it actually out? eShop says today's the release date, but there's no purchase link

They took it down for some reason

https://twitter.com/LiveWire_pr/status/1569857915766579200

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It got released and then unreleased

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Watching the direct now:

Fire emblem: immediate pre-order, jan 20th sucks but oh well

Do they keep the voice actors for the CEO president the same between directs?

don't care about special edition Fire emblem

it takes two might be something to play with the gf, but it's on the PC now so no.

I have never played a single fatal frame, they look meh. I only really like the first Amnesia style horror game

Xenoblade 3 DLC for a game I haven't bothered to start, but the DLC is looking more worthwhile, I skipped the expansion pass because there's no reason to buy it now. maybe wave 3 or wave 4 is the best time to buy it.

not playing spongebob, though maybe I would have liked this when I was 10. I've been meaning to play boxing because RingFit is boring now that I'm almost on NG++, and fist of the northstar sounds more fun than generic exercise thing. Oddball looks boring, goons don't have friends.

Tunic looks great. front mission remake? I'll get this (can't preorder??), I got Front Mission Evolved but it seemed clunky and I don't like action games, so it being turn based is dope. what happened to advance wars???

never played story of seasons. I really hate playing time-based games because there's never enough time in the day to finish stuff. it makes me really stressed out because I'm always trying to be efficient as possible, and these games seem like they should be relaxing. Also why get this over stardew valley?

I played the first splatoon and thought it was boring, so I'm clearly not the market for this game. the designs are cute but I don't play MP games anymore, there's just too much games out right now.

octopath 2?? I never finished the first one. I thought it was not as interesting as Bravely Default (which incidentally bravely default 2 was mediocre...was bravely default 1 a fluke?) at least the UI is great, but the pixel art seems to clash with the art, ending up each zone is too overly mono-color, tinted too much blue, or red, or yellow, etc

fae farm...another farming game....at least the art is better than story of seasons. maybe I could coerce the gf to play this game instead of Sky. Still trying to see if she'll play animal crossing with me

theatre rhythm sounds like it'd be cool but not $100+ cool (they clearly are planning for at least 2 expansion passes, based on the naming scheme. also where the gently caress is Final Fantasy Mobius soundtrack you bastards. almost had me at Nier soundtrack)

I do not give a poo poo about mario or rabbids whatsoever. might be fun if you're 10

rune factory 3, the art looks like it's a DS port. pass. a new runefactory 6 would be interesting to see where it goes.

do not give a poo poo about any of these n64 games....wait pokemon stadium 1/2........ nevermind, I'll just emulate them on the steam deck instead. goldeneye, whoo :geno: I liked conker's bad fur day back then, goldeneye was ok i guess.

Various daylife i tried on the iPad when it was on Apple Arcade and oh my god it was so loving grindy and boring. I don't care if it was made by the bravely default guys, it's bad.

factorio would be a good switch game but the resolution is so low it sounds like a bad time outside of docked mode

Ib looks cool. I probably will get it.

mario strikers; more mario, more trash can garbage.

I have not played a single ryza game because 1. koei never has decent deals 2. the dlc is expensive as hell because weebs 3. see issues with farming games above

i don't play enough mario kart to care about this, and tbqh if I'm in first and completely stomping you, blue shells shouldn't be a thing, you should just lose.

mario golf....maybe?? seems chill. I never finished the first pikmin but my dad liked it and maybe I should try and finish it. Always stressed me out losing even a single pikmin.

just dance might be interesting in a form of exercise, never played one before.

harvestella looks neat but it's coming out on PC so i'll be able to play it on steam deck instead. demo is great, at least.

do not care about bayonetta but at least the MC is cool looking. I feel like metal gear solid, it's more fun for me to watch someone else play it in an LP instead of playing it myself.

danganronpa creators? what is this....oh the same art style...oh drat that pop-in is terrible though. ugh quicktime events, I hate QTEs, but it's looking like danganronpa...might be a buy

lol cloud version of re7...never played a single RE game and probably not starting now. why is anyone even paying for a streaming version of videogames like control or kingdom hearts, come on son

don't care about sifu. crisis core is probably coming out on PC so i'll just get it there instead, but I really hate that final fantasy is going action-oriented instead of staying turn-based.

huh, a galaga game, radiant silvergun, pass.

so they're just making dungeon of the endless in 3D and calling it endless dungeon, meh. where's endless space 3, bastards?

tales of symphonia, nice, will be interested in the PC port instead. Still waiting on them to re-release Tales of Graces on the PC.

already played Life is strange, no. romancing saga meh, i guess. lego bricktales, meh. disney speedstorm, pass. fall guys, pass. kirby pass.

I think they're going too hard on the sheik being this technologically advanced forgotten society in Zelda. Also what the gently caress that was not much of a trailer lol it got started and was already over within seconds. Looks like more breath of the wild and I could not get into that game whatsoever. Where's my loving Wind Waker and Twilight Princess instead?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 14, 2022

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Watching the direct now:

it takes two might be something to play with the gf, but it's on the PC now so no.

I have never played a single fatal frame, they look meh. I only really like the first Amnesia style horror game

Xenoblade 3 DLC for a game I haven't bothered to start, but the DLC is looking more worthwhile, I skipped the expansion pass because there's no reason to buy it now. maybe wave 3 or wave 4 is the best time to buy it.

not playing spongebob, though maybe I would have liked this when I was 10. I've been meaning to play boxing because RingFit is boring now that I'm almost on NG++, and fist of the northstar sounds more fun than generic exercise thing. Oddball looks boring, goons don't have friends.

Tunic looks great. front mission remake? I'll get this (can't preorder??), I got Front Mission Evolved but it seemed clunky and I don't like action games, so it being turn based is dope. what happened to advance wars???

never played story of seasons. I really hate playing time-based games because there's never enough time in the day to finish stuff. it makes me really stressed out because I'm always trying to be efficient as possible, and these games seem like they should be relaxing. Also why get this over stardew valley?

I played the first splatoon and thought it was boring, so I'm clearly not the market for this game. the designs are cute but I don't play MP games anymore, there's just too much games out right now.

octopath 2?? I never finished the first one. I thought it was not as interesting as Bravely Default (which incidentally bravely default 2 was mediocre...was bravely default 1 a fluke?) at least the UI is great, but the pixel art seems to clash with the art, ending up each zone is too overly mono-color, tinted too much blue, or red, or yellow, etc

fae farm...another farming game....at least the art is better than story of seasons. maybe I could coerce the gf to play this game instead of Sky. Still trying to see if she'll play animal crossing with me

theatre rhythm sounds like it'd be cool but not $100+ cool (they clearly are planning for at least 2 expansion passes, based on the naming scheme. also where the gently caress is Final Fantasy Mobius soundtrack you bastards. almost had me at Nier soundtrack)

I do not give a poo poo about mario or rabbids whatsoever. might be fun if you're 10

rune factory 3, the art looks like it's a DS port. pass. a new runefactory 6 would be interesting to see where it goes.

do not give a poo poo about any of these n64 games....wait pokemon stadium 1/2........ nevermind, I'll just emulate them on the steam deck instead. goldeneye, whoo :geno: I liked conker's bad fur day back then, goldeneye was ok i guess.

Various daylife i tried on the iPad when it was on Apple Arcade and oh my god it was so loving grindy and boring. I don't care if it was made by the bravely default guys, it's bad.

factorio would be a good switch game but the resolution is so low it sounds like a bad time outside of docked mode

I have not played a single ryza game because 1. koei never has decent deals 2. the dlc is expensive as hell because weebs 3. see issues with farming games above

i don't play enough mario kart to care about this, and tbqh if I'm in first and completely stomping you, blue shells shouldn't be a thing, you should just lose.

mario golf....maybe?? seems chill. I never finished the first pikmin but my dad liked it and maybe I should try and finish it. Always stressed me out losing even a single pikmin.

harvestella looks neat but it's coming out on PC so i'll be able to play it on steam deck instead. demo is great, at least.

do not care about bayonetta but at least the MC is cool looking. I feel like metal gear solid, it's more fun for me to watch someone else play it in an LP instead of playing it myself.

danganronpa creators? what is this....oh the same art style...oh drat that pop-in is terrible though. ugh quicktime events, I hate QTEs, but it's looking like danganronpa...might be a buy

lol cloud version of re7...never played a single RE game and probably not starting now. why is anyone even paying for a streaming version of videogames like control or kingdom hearts, come on son

don't care about sifu. crisis core is probably coming out on PC so i'll just get it there instead, but I really hate that final fantasy is going action-oriented instead of staying turn-based.

so they're just making dungeon of the endless in 3D and calling it endless dungeon, meh. where's endless space 3, bastards?

tales of symphonia, nice, will be interested in the PC port instead. Still waiting on them to re-release Tales of Graces on the PC.

already played Life is strange, no. romancing saga meh, i guess. lego bricktales, meh. disney speedstorm, pass. fall guys, pass. kirby pass.

I think they're going too hard on the sheik being this technologically advanced forgotten society in Zelda. Also what the gently caress that was not much of a trailer lol it got started and was already over within seconds. Looks like more breath of the wild and I could not get into that game whatsoever. Where's my loving Wind Waker and Twilight Princess instead?

ok

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Alan_Shore posted:

Considering how barebones it is, I'm enjoying it! Still, a crazy overpowered enemy shouldn't pop up and one-shot your team in a game like this

The trick is that the encounters go in order, so if an encounter has a way higher number than the rest of the enemies, then that means it's way stronger and you should probably avoid it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The longer Octopath Traveler II trailer is solid:

https://youtu.be/XMpWElRyoxg

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I don't expect to actually see the release of either Wind Waker or Twilight Princess anytime soon but also it's not like Nintendo doesn't have a history of "there's a direct tomorrow, announcing a release in 2 months" so eh who knows.

They've done a lot of those "And it's available today" things as well. NES Remix was one of those games. I think Earthbound for Wii U Virtual Console was similar. Super Mario 3D All-stars was announced 15 days before its release.

I do hope they announce something more for November/December. The big Nintendo IPs to be released are pretty much the new Pokemon games

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

jivjov posted:

It was out for a short time and a bunch of people have played it. Reportedly it runs well but there was a glaring audio problem and other smaller bugs

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Watching the direct now:

-snip-

Please source your quotes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Watching the direct now:

fascinating tell us more

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mario Party 1 is a bigger deal than many will realize, this will be the first ever digital re-release of the game, and for many years, considered this game permanently lost to time.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

fascinating tell us more

I already told you enough

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Mario party gonna gently caress some joycons up way beyond drift

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Ragequit posted:

The longer Octopath Traveler II trailer is solid:

https://youtu.be/XMpWElRyoxg

I respect them so much for continuing to commit to that bonkers art style. I love the combat in Octopath but I've got to wonder if they can pull off a whole other game of it, on top of that mobile game as well

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Watching the direct now:

didn't ask

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Watching the direct now:

this, tbh

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

a.lo posted:

Mario Party 1 is a bigger deal than many will realize, this will be the first ever digital re-release of the game, and for many years, considered this game permanently lost to time.

The most bizarre part to me is that they could have just released Mario Party 1 and 3 at any time and just chose not to.

Also why the gently caress is Superstars not getting more updates?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Watching the direct now:

metal gear solid is a lot more fun to play

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

glassyalabolas posted:

$180 and the game isn't even part of the box.

“This is a bundle set consisting of OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Standard Edition physical game and the OCTOPATH TRAVELER II Collector’s Goods Box. Please note that the physical game will NOT be packed inside the Collector’s Goods Box, but all items will ship together.”

The game is part of the $180, it's just that the bonus stuff box doesn't make room for the game box. Which is included in the purchase but shipped semi-separately.

What the $180 does not include is tax or any kind of inexpensive shipping option.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1569892310967787521?t=12Ng0p1slpmj1l0LmrK9uQ&s=19

This sucks rear end! Especially since the game was 60fps on GameCube.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Watching the direct now:

are you not aware that crisis core is a remake of a game from 2007 and that it was an action game back then too

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Augus posted:

are you not aware that crisis core is a remake of a game from 2007 and that it was an action game back then too

am I not allowed to judge things that are listed as new things even though they are not actually new things

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I mean your post reads like you had no clue Tears of the Kingdom was a thing despite ample discussion of a botw sequel for at least 3 years so forgive us if we read it like a Wendy's drive through complaint.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

I mean your post reads like you had no clue Tears of the Kingdom was a thing despite ample discussion of a botw sequel for at least 3 years so forgive us if we read it like a Wendy's drive through complaint.

i knew there was going to be a "botw2" but unless it was going to be wind waker 2.0 I was going to be disappointed. nintendo's foray into open world may as well have been as empty as assassin's creed 1 overworld, except some gamers used the tools to break the game in ways that seem cool when displayed on social media (shooting arrows across the map to kill all the weird robot creatures at once) but not actually fun to play (for me)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Stop quoting that incredibly boring post :negative:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

tl;dr

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Well then you should have just said you didn't want a botw sequel in the first place even if that ship sailed long ago. And criticizing botw for an empty overworld while clamoring for wind waker, which has about the same level of density in its overworld with almost none of the interesting topographical diversity, is some big cognitive dissonance imo.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

i knew there was going to be a "botw2" but unless it was going to be wind waker 2.0 I was going to be disappointed. nintendo's foray into open world may as well have been as empty as assassin's creed 1 overworld, except some gamers used the tools to break the game in ways that seem cool when displayed on social media (shooting arrows across the map to kill all the weird robot creatures at once) but not actually fun to play (for me)

https://i.imgur.com/knJQuf1.mp4

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

Well then you should have just said you didn't want a botw sequel in the first place even if that ship sailed long ago. And criticizing botw for an empty overworld while clamoring for wind waker, which has about the same level of density in its overworld with almost none of the interesting topographical diversity, is some big cognitive dissonance imo.

Not, really? How many islands do you actually expect to be there in an ocean? You're relaxing while sailing on a nice big ocean and suddenly you see something random you didn't expect to see on the horizon and you can go there.

in botw, there's something closer...but it's just a bunch of bobokins standing around a campfire. ho hum. maybe there's a bolder nearby you can roll them into.

Smaller, more curated zones, end up being more interesting. I think everyone's gotten over the open-world aspect in early 2010s, and those that haven't, don't play open world games (what open world game was on the switch prior to botw?)

in more specific example to the above, I haven't played XC3 yet, but even XC2 and XC1 had "large" maps but they weren't remotely "open world", so that's not an acceptable example either.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 14, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I suggest you replay WW and tell me again what 80% of the islands are in that game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wow there's land, I can go there!

*destroys a rock and gets a map piece*

Alright, back on the boat.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

American McGay posted:

I suggest you replay WW and tell me again what 80% of the islands are in that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFoq7xzaF60&t=8687s

My nostalgia.....so good

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I hated owning Tales of Symphonia more than when I owned Shenmue 1

Pikmin 4 wait is eased by the fact that you can get that dope rear end shirt
RIGHT loving NOW
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/pikmin-logo-collection-t-shirt-men-s-118456-1/

All I remember in Front Mission is that when the enemy outnumbered me 20+ to my 4 and I had to watch every turn play out I was able to make a sandwich while the game took 10+ turns to my 1.

Metroid sure is going to not be on this console.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Not, really? How many islands do you actually expect to be there in an ocean? You're relaxing while sailing on a nice big ocean and suddenly you see something random you didn't expect to see on the horizon and you can go there.

in botw, there's something closer...but it's just a bunch of bobokins standing around a campfire. ho hum. maybe there's a bolder nearby you can roll them into.

Smaller, more curated zones, end up being more interesting. I think everyone's gotten over the open-world aspect in early 2010s, and those that haven't, don't play open world games (what open world game was on the switch prior to botw?)

in more specific example to the above, I haven't played XC3 yet, but even XC2 and XC1 had "large" maps but they weren't remotely "open world", so that's not an acceptable example either.

https://i.imgur.com/vRoRk1U.mp4

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Oh I see its a animated anime animated

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Upsidads posted:

I hated owning Tales of Symphonia more than when I owned Shenmue 1

Please elaborate.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

usually I agree with you but 1. haven't seen this part of the anime 2. no.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Please elaborate.

Both made me angry about video games. For being so bad at being fun and the game part was rusty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Watching the direct now:

www . creed thoughts dot gov