Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

verbal enema posted:

watching Jerma play Steelrising this game is very pretty
I beat the entire game in three days, 24 hours played. I dunno why I couldn't stop playing it. Thinking back to it there was nothing outstanding about it, but it had the perfect blend of well-designed levels and satisfying combat that just kept me going until it was done, including all side quests. Definite recommend, though it apparently needs a beefy PC to run well. I have a 3070Ti and was getting like 45FPS in certain places with the settings set to a combination of Medium and High.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1569823631848669186?t=OD3SYkh5_90sEI5EEVQM_g&s=19

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
rumors of ps5 game denied once again

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

PunkBoy posted:

State of Play was pretty good! Excited for Tekken 8 and LAD: Ishin, and the new IPs they showed looked pretty neat. I'm definitely interested in Rise of the Ronin, and Stellar Blade seemed cool. Wish I could get a PS5. :negative:

Harry Potter poo poo can gently caress off, though

good news those were all pc games

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Feels Villeneuve posted:

rumors of ps5 game denied once again

thank the gods

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stux posted:

good news those were all pc games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

two of those will release on pc eventually

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's why they call it the PlayStation 5, for the 5 games it has

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Grrr they're releasing games on pc

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im happy about it, i wasnt stupid enough to buy a ps5. everyone else however

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Grrr they're releasing games on pc

Everyone should play Judgement, it's very good.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
There simply arent enough games about the Meiji Restoration.... Way of the Samurai 4 is loving righteous and for how many dramas and movies there are in Japan about the period I wish the west got more games about it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fall of the samurai is absolutely killer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Great Ace Attorney for a bit of it

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Buschmaki posted:

There simply arent enough games about the Meiji Restoration.... Way of the Samurai 4 is loving righteous and for how many dramas and movies there are in Japan about the period I wish the west got more games about it

The SNK fighting game series The Last Blade also takes place around that same time period, and I thought it was cool that the cover art for the game's OST is of the main characters in a western-style portrait.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

The SNK fighting game series The Last Blade also takes place around that same time period, and I thought it was cool that the cover art for the game's OST is of the main characters in a western-style portrait.

You can't convince me this isn't ai generated

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Gaius Marius posted:

You can't convince me this isn't ai generated

The hands aren't abominations. That's the tell for this week at least before improvements.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rise of the Ronin looks cool but it’s in fake year 2024 so no point getting too excited

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/s...mber%3D1972pti3

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Fear and Loathing in Khorinis - Part 2

* I head out the front door of Xardas' Moving Castle and take my first steps into the wide open world. Just a few steps down the path, a goblin tries to beat me up for my lunch money. I beat him up and take his lunch money instead.
* I took some damage in the fight; I found some healing potions in the tower but I don't have many and it feels like a waste to use them now, so instead I scarf down some German Healing Fruits I found growing by the side of the road.
* Further down the path I find another NPC fighting some goblins. There's a bunch of skeletons here, like just an impressive amount of bones everywhere. Maybe I shouldn't be helping this guy?
* Well he makes short work of the gobbos and doesn't start attacking me afterwards so I guess he's okay. I talk to him and it turns out he's a returning character from Gothic 1! His name's Cavalorn and he says I was constantly bugging him for arrows in the last game even though I barely ever talked to him at all. That's probably because The Colony ran on a barter system and arrows were like the local USD equivalent down there.
* This also reminds me that I only have like 20 gold on me at the moment - I don't know if I'm ready for life on the outside again...
* I tell him I'm headed to the city and he tells me I'm screwed; the guards won't admit outsiders anymore because the countryside is swarming with bandits right now. Probably because we blew up the magic barrier keeping hundreds of hardened criminals from escaping their prison and swarming the countryside. Ah well, can't be helped.
* He gives us some more deets on what's been happening while we were out. Apparently most of the factions in the Colony dissolved and everyone went their own way after the barrier fell; Cavalorn here shacked up with a group of mages called the Ring of Water who got his sentence commuted and he's been working for them ever since. They were kinda in Gothic 1 and kinda nowhere to be seen in vanilla Gothic 2 - apparently all of this was tacked on by the expansion. I have no idea what this part was like in vanilla, I assume you just got mugged by goblins or something.
* Speaking of mugging, Cavalorn got mugged! There's a group of bandits nearby who stole all his poo poo and now he wants us to tag along to go crack some skulls. I ask if he has a better weapon for me and he gives me a knife so big that my shocked player character makes a really dated pop-culture reference.
* Said knife does about 30 damage, which doesn't seem like much unless you played Gothic 1 where a weapon that did 30 damage was roughly midgame-tier. It also has One Handed Talent Bonus - 3; I don't know what that is.
* The bandits live in a cave just down the road. I proceed to do nothing while Cavalorn murders them all single-handedly. I still get the xp for it so whatever but c'mon dude did you really need my help for this?
* Once everyone's dead, Cavalorn asks me to deliver a message to a guy called Vatras in town. He also tells me to buy some clothes from the local farmers or else people might think I'm a bandit and call the guards. Man, I wasn't expecting such biting social commentary from this game.
* I loot all the dead guys and walk out with about 80 gold in my pocket, some food, a wanted note and a sword I'm not cool enough to use yet.
* Further down I find another shrine I can pray at. This one does not come with an eye-searing red overlay and instead gives me the option to pray to what I assume is a much nicer god, but this offends my agnostic sensibilities so I take my winnings and head elsewhere.
* Off in the distance I spot see a cozy little farm just past the edge of the wood. Remembering what Cavalorn said earlier, I turn my sights towards the farm and set off in search of new duds...

Next Time on Fear and Loathing in Khorinis: Pirates! Bugs! Minimum Wage!

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 14, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://twitter.com/bloodberry_tart/status/1569790356857798656?s=20&t=DxcBjvtOUEyXE2XP4Bb70g

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bowsette 2

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1569876245802004482?s=46&t=a6XLHk_dG4R9xkdbUXPnSg

Hmm Quest headset

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

cyberpunk 2077 anime trip report: it's pretty good

cd projekt clearly gave TRIGGER a dumptruck full of cash and told them to go wild, as there's none of the usual cost cutting or filler of stuff like BNA. think it captures the general feeling of the game well, including, annoyingly, that sensibility of mature = boobs and people exploding like meat balloons. i think i've hit the point where i find that more tedious than off-putting, so YMMV, but it's otherwise worth a watch for the animation alone

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Fux u nintendo where is my HD mario land 3:Wario Land 3 remaster

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Another couple of hours of FFX last night - some very interesting plot developments too! (Thinking one of my theories is getting more correct as it unfolds but we will wait and see!)

Remembered to use haste a couple of times, but had some pretty good battles :D Got Rikku in the team and I think she might be the strongest one of all and certainly has the coolest effects.

I want to put counterstrike on my blades for Tidus and Sir Auron because they are such beefcakes :) Really I dig the whole cast just as much as FFIX, FFVIII and FFVII.

If there is one consistent thing throughout these games, it is that the cast is always exceptionally rounded and unique and that is impressive to me. The music is still beautiful too.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also I beat the Luca Goers 3-0!!!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I really like the combat system in X. Swapping in whoever is strong against the enemies you are facing and just demolishing them.

Everyone has their strengths and situation where they excel, except for Khimari who I only ever reluctantly swap in to occasionally get some leftover xp.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All Kiryu

All the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJhqN7R_oAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxkn-dcy01k

Whenever Poochie'sKiryu's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's PoochieKiryu?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dont care about Kiryu. Im here for Isshin and Y8(which sadly, has kiryu)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I really like the combat system in X. Swapping in whoever is strong against the enemies you are facing and just demolishing them.

What you're not meant to use who started the fight and struggle through? :thunkher:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

What you're not meant to use who started the fight and struggle through? :thunkher:

I am pretty sure this is the way you are supposed to do it. It has to be...

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vermain posted:

cd projekt clearly gave TRIGGER a dumptruck full of cash and told them to go wild, as there's none of the usual cost cutting
I definitely saw some cost cutting, but I feel one of the cost cutting measures is very interesting, it's the use of captures from the game with some paint over for most backgrounds, which definitely turned a bunch of concept work into virtual location hunting, but it's a great decision. You can definitely go and do your own tour of all the "shooting" locations in the game.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

VideoGames posted:

I am pretty sure this is the way you are supposed to do it. It has to be...

VG, you know switching characters is only a button press away and barely costs turns right? Surely you can't be using Tidus against elementals, right?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

VG, you know switching characters is only a button press away and barely costs turns right? Surely you can't be using Tidus against elementals, right?

Oh I do switch characters WAY more than I was on Friday and Sunday, I have just been slowly easing myself in to the differences. Like using items. And the correct spells. It is always a bit of a steep learning curve, but come 70 hours in I will have it. ;)

(This is a reference to the fact that for approximately 70 (seventy) hours of my Elden Ring playthrough I did not realise there was a compass on the screen.)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ryza 3, Bayo 3, Tekken 8, Yakuza Ancestors Edition, and another Not-Nioh in addition to the other other Not-Nioh they're working on (the one with yaoguai).

What a good time for upcoming games. Especially if you're real into ~farming~.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Oh I do switch characters WAY more than I was on Friday and Sunday, I have just been slowly easing myself in to the differences. Like using items. And the correct spells. It is always a bit of a steep learning curve, but come 70 hours in I will have it. ;)

(This is a reference to the fact that for approximately 70 (seventy) hours of my Elden Ring playthrough I did not realise there was a compass on the screen.)

Your game clock already says 70 hours!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I feel like a timer is on my head to finish Bayonetta 2 now

its not like any real pressure or anything its just drat i actually need to go do that right now

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Your game clock already says 70 hours!

Thanks PS5 rest mode!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1570031056161742849?t=hj_Rloy_Pp4SY8T8o8g3Ag&s=19