Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
My dog got a huge bump near her hind leg on her back and vet found bunch of bacteria in it. They’re not quite sure what’s going on. Think it might be Hematoma or something else. She’s getting the bacteria drained right now. Hoping that helps her out a lot cause it sucks seeing your dog out of sorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm starting a new job soon and my boss is panicking to the point where, in his confusion, ordered me not to train the replacement he hired.

Malicious compliance, activate!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Boss used Strange Command! It hurt itself in its confusion!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Got yelled at for 45 minutes by some awful guests trying to scam a disability pass at the amusement park I work at.

Karma acted quick and I watched them get kicked out of the park 30 minutes later for being shitheads to everyone on a ride. I hope they got a ban.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Moved across states and now everything hurts, lmao.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My karma must be really lovely because the weather is cooling down finally EXCEPT the days I have to go in the office.

It was 74 yesterday and the next couple days will be 100.

Stop testing me, god!!!!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Been on my first bout of covid for a week, this morning I almost felt well enough to return to work until I popped a fever and elevated heart rate bad enough to call an ambulance about it, hooray

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Phy posted:

Been on my first bout of covid for a week, this morning I almost felt well enough to return to work until I popped a fever and elevated heart rate bad enough to call an ambulance about it, hooray

gently caress that sucks. Hope you're doing better now.

My partner had their first day back at work in nearly a month after popping hot and made it 2 hours before messaging me to come get them. Going from running 10k's to being too winded to thank someone for welcoming them back to work because talking is too hard isn't normal sickness poo poo. I'm probably gonna hulk out at anyone who says "it's just the flu" in my vicinity.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Haha, nope, I got admitted as an inpatient, still feel like dog rear end and had two more bouts of chills. This morning's thankfully didn't lead to fever but it still wasn't fun. I have never had chills/shaking like that in my life.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I was having some pretty bad side effects from the anti-depressant I was on. So, together, my doctor and I made the decision to have me go off of it and try something else.

I've been taking gradually smaller doses to wean myself off of it, and been following my doctor's directions to a tee.

But I'm still having severe withdrawal. Look up SSRI withdrawal symptoms, and I've got just about all of them.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Woke up Sunday/Monday with two insect bug bite marks on my neck. They itch like hell. I am terrified it'd bedbugs even though I haven't seen any or traveled anywhere.

Could be mosquitos though, we have had rain recently.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
could very easily be fleas. mice, squirrels, rats, etc can bring them inside. they can also rarely bring in bedbugs, but fleas are much more likely.

bedbugs tend to bite in rows, often 3+ dots in a row, so I would think it wasn't them.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

could very easily be fleas. mice, squirrels, rats, etc can bring them inside. they can also rarely bring in bedbugs, but fleas are much more likely.

bedbugs tend to bite in rows, often 3+ dots in a row, so I would think it wasn't them.

Haven't had any of those. I mean, there are two large bite marks and then two tiny ones up under my chin but those don't itch and could possibly be from ingrown hairs. Already tore my bed apart and seen nothing, washed all the blankets, looked over the pillows and curtains. Nothing.

I mean we do have carpet beetles. Freaked me out the first time I saw one.

I tell myself that years ago, we had a horrible tick infestation (yay for mom's ex having hunting dogs and going out all the time and bringing that poo poo back) and it was just a deal of killing them whenever we found them and keeping an eye out, keeping the house clean. Bedbugs are possibly worse than ticks but since bombing the house is out of the question (and chemicals rarely get them all) I just have to keep calm and wait.

Maybe bedbugs aren't, it's just that less people think of ticks, and ticks do infest dogs and cats too.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 16:04 on Sep 16, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
today has been literally lovely(I think) as something has happened in the first floor bathroom to really stink up the place. Possible leakage of some sort, even though there's nothing happening in the basement directly below it. And none of the plumbers I have called thus far work weekends, or are short staffed and unavailable, so I will probably have to wait until monday at the earliest.

doing my best to direct the smell out the window, but it's still making its way throughout the entire house. this loving stinks

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

today has been literally lovely(I think) as something has happened in the first floor bathroom to really stink up the place. Possible leakage of some sort, even though there's nothing happening in the basement directly below it. And none of the plumbers I have called thus far work weekends, or are short staffed and unavailable, so I will probably have to wait until monday at the earliest.

doing my best to direct the smell out the window, but it's still making its way throughout the entire house. this loving stinks

Watching on the Dahmer show on Netflix so I am insta suspicious of bad smells right now.

For me, my friend's podcast about movie reviews, non surprising since there are dozens of them out there, has only a few downloads over the past year, so he wants to end it. Cool by me, I've been a guest a few times and I don't do any of the edit work. But now he has 2 or 3 more shows he wants to record with me to close it all out, and I just....don't care anymore? I don't see a point in recording for 4-6 hours when 2 of the 3 shows I don't care about (but he really really wants to do) and I don't really care about the movies.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

Haha, nope, I got admitted as an inpatient, still feel like dog rear end and had two more bouts of chills. This morning's thankfully didn't lead to fever but it still wasn't fun. I have never had chills/shaking like that in my life.

So, I spent my birthday mostly asleep in a hospital bed while they pumped me full of remdesivir and ringer's lactate. Made my sweat smell weird. Eventually I guess my vitals got back to normal, my electrolytes stabilized, and I finished the course of antivirals, and they booted me out on the Friday. I spent last week recuperating and helping clean my house, and today I'm back at work.

E: being back at work is not lovely, I just thought I'd update in the thread where I was griping about it in the first place.

Phy has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Sep 26, 2022

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've finally got out of an annoying issue at work where I'd got into grief for not showing enough empathy, finally got good ratings on that but at the same time at the weekend I made a bigger mistaek that might get me into bigger trouble unless my supervisors are willing to be lenient (because it's not something I get pulled up on often)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
got my flu shot.

didn't take long to start feeling like absolute garbage. hopefully it goes away soon so I can accomplish poo poo this week.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

got my flu shot.

didn't take long to start feeling like absolute garbage. hopefully it goes away soon so I can accomplish poo poo this week.

Mood. Flu shot Friday and COVID booster today. Feeling like absolute trash.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

"My day sucks because all my tires were slashed last night" is what my neighbor would be posting if they had an account.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm in the throes of another complete mental breakdown and all I'm doing about it is waiting until it's over. As per usual.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I work at a 7-11 and today it's just my boss and me, because we run a barebones operation. Our registers went down today. We could process no cards and I also could not get into the till. So my boss is like, keep selling! Don't stop! The roads must roll! And so for a while we did this thing where we could only sell if the customers had exact change, which means trying to figure out what all seventeen different fuckin candy bars cost, precisely, writing it all down, collecting the exact amount of change, all while the line grows bonkers long. After a while boss is like, okay you have enough cash now you can give out change. So that's fuckin fantastic. I have a huge pile of cash in front of me, a line that snakes through five aisles, and a very angry lady who demands she pays for her 2.49 soda with a hundred fuckin dollar bill, screaming kids making a mess with their goddamn slurpies, all the while my boss is on the phone with a helpdesk, pausing to tell me I need to tell the teenagers to leave their bags by the door, which presently cannot close because there are too many customers because holy poo poo this is madness.

This ultimately resulted in today being a really fuckin rad day though, in retrospect. There came a point where I was so stressed out that I was just sweating and starting to just hear white noise, and then all at once it just occurred to me how fuckin absurd this is, and how actually it's kind of funny, and there should be no expectations of me in this situation because anyone in this situation would be overwhelmed. Suddenly it was just a huge clusterfuck all 100 of us were enduring together, though most the customers seemed to find I was at fault for all this, and there wasn't time to explain the situation. Ah well. The registers went back up eventually.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
on my lunch break, just sitting there, watching a video on my phone, and suddenly one of my upper right teeth decides it's time to feel like it's just split in half.

I rush to the safety/medical office, nobody there. I run around the building trying to find either my boss to tell him I'm leaving right now to get some painkillers or to find one of the safety people. find a safety person, they get me some ibuprofen. it does absolutely nothing, the throbbing subsides slightly but redoubles ten minutes later. At this point I am literally sweating and trembling from the pain. I had tried to stay to continue working through my second shift, to just power through it and take something when I get home, but VERY QUICKLY realized that would be a monumentally stupid idea. asked for someone to cover for me, bolted out of the building and booked it home as fast as I could, took some liquid oxycodone and it has at the very least turned the pain into a dull thud rather than a pulse rate-speed throb that had half of my face in agony.

I hadn't even done anything at the time the tooth went nuts. just chilling in a chair, watching my phone. I think I'm going to make a call to the local root canal place and see if I can get an emergency appointment to kill this little fucker possibly tomorrow. I'd been planning on getting it and others replaced with implants, but that's likely going to have to wait until after the new year so I can use replenished FMLA time to take however long I need to recover after the surgery. I'm fine dropping the 300-500 it'll take to eliminate the bastard in the meantime, though. dental pain is the one thing I cannot endure, I've had all sorts of injuries from sprains to fractures to torsions and been able to stomach it until I can get it dealt with, but when I've had major dental pain, I've literally tried to deliriously knock myself out to stifle the agony.

teeth suck

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
I had an operation on the shittier of my knees, and when I woke up I couldn't move or breath for what felt like a really, really long time, so that loving sucked.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was able to get an emergency appointment first thing in the morning and have successfully slain the tooth

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Captain Invictus posted:

I was able to get an emergency appointment first thing in the morning and have successfully slain the tooth

Teeth are the loving worst, glad to hear you got it fixed that quickly.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Today was my nephew’s first birthday. My sister lives three hours away, and Dad and I were going to drive up together, so getting over there takes a bit of planning. My other sister went up there a few days ago and so sister 1 doesn’t want to accommodate 3 people to spend the night. He suggested one plan and I suggested with another. He gave me the final say, but I didn’t think some implications through and it caused extra stress and resulted in us spending less time visiting there and now I feel bad.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Oct 23, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
today was my sister's birthday.

I miss her.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

well poo poo

I had tickets to see the H R Giger exhibit in Los Angeles on Friday and they just postponed the event. I was looking forward to this for months!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Posting on the nice page to say I haven't slept in ages thanks to a dog that has decided to not hold down food. Still interested in eating and lively otherwise so not likely to be something major wrong but cleaning up puke at 2am wasn't on my chore list until about 2:01.

:69snypa:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It has been a little over a week that my dog Loki died, and I still find myself looking for her. We had her for 11 years, and she was an adult pomchi we got at a rescue. No idea on her full age. But she was a laid back dog who, in her later years, was fine just chilling in her bed, going outside to roll in the grass, go for a short walk here and there, and otherwise nap. She was never super attached to us, more like a roommate than the other dogs we've had who would follow us around or try to climb on the couch with us.

But she's gone, and I didn't think it would still hurt a week later. When my cat Calhoun died a few years back, it felt like the universe just crushed my heart, and I went through the motions for months. This is nowhere near that bad, but when I see Loki's bed area, because she died in her bed and it's clearly not on the ground anymore, I start to tear up.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Finally had something ship after over a year of waiting for it, only to make it into the country, into the city, then... being sent back because the shipper hadn't included the street address and somehow nobody noticed this the entire time. Of course it's also impossible to loving correct this online, what is this magic future technology we call "the internet"?

Also Kissinger is still loving alive.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just feeling really annoyed at people who think that you can just be not crazy, you just have to try hard enough!

Like, good for you if you can just will yourself out of intrusive thoughts and depression and psychosis and poo poo, it's like saying "just walk ya big silly" to someone who doesn't have any fuckin legs.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I work at a convenience store.

So today this guy walks in and says,

:zombie: HEY MAN HOW MUCH FOR YOUR SLURPEES MAN

and so I tell him how much.

:zombie: Can you alter the price?

:colbert: No. You can buy a smaller cup, though? Like, there are different sizes.

:zombie: gently caress YOU

and so he leaves. But then he comes back a few minutes later.

:zombie: I'M STEALING A SLURPEE

:colbert: What? You can't -- hey, you can't just tell me you're going to steal from here.

:zombie: What are you going to do about it?

:colbert: I... well, I mean...

And I wondered: what could I do about it? I suppose I was within justification to call the police but it sure felt bad to ruin this guy's day, night, maybe further consequences over a slurpee. I don't know what he's got going on, it's probably a lot. He might be homeless, I don't know. But suppose he's just being an rear end in a top hat. What could I do besides call the cops? I'm not going to attack him and I don't think my employer expects me to.

As he's walking toward the door, I say

:colbert: Hey, buddy, listen -- hey listen, man if you walk out of here without paying for that, you're not going to be allowed back in.

:zombie: HERE'S YOUR loving MONEY!

He flings about nine coins at me, mostly nickels and pennies. They ricochet off everything -- he threw them hard, but somehow I wasn't harmed. None of them hit me at all. It was like that scene in Pulp Fiction.

:zombie: QUIT BEING A BITCH!

After he left I found he had dumped slurpee poo poo all over the counter, the floor, the sidewalk outside. The slurpee cost maybe 1.49. He threw about .65 cents at me. I feel kind of bad for the guy, but also, Jesus loving Christ, dude.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

credburn posted:

I work at a convenience store.

So today this guy walks in and says,

:zombie: HEY MAN HOW MUCH FOR YOUR SLURPEES MAN

and so I tell him how much.

:zombie: Can you alter the price?

:colbert: No. You can buy a smaller cup, though? Like, there are different sizes.

:zombie: gently caress YOU

and so he leaves. But then he comes back a few minutes later.

:zombie: I'M STEALING A SLURPEE

:colbert: What? You can't -- hey, you can't just tell me you're going to steal from here.

:zombie: What are you going to do about it?

:colbert: I... well, I mean...

And I wondered: what could I do about it? I suppose I was within justification to call the police but it sure felt bad to ruin this guy's day, night, maybe further consequences over a slurpee. I don't know what he's got going on, it's probably a lot. He might be homeless, I don't know. But suppose he's just being an rear end in a top hat. What could I do besides call the cops? I'm not going to attack him and I don't think my employer expects me to.

As he's walking toward the door, I say

:colbert: Hey, buddy, listen -- hey listen, man if you walk out of here without paying for that, you're not going to be allowed back in.

:zombie: HERE'S YOUR loving MONEY!

He flings about nine coins at me, mostly nickels and pennies. They ricochet off everything -- he threw them hard, but somehow I wasn't harmed. None of them hit me at all. It was like that scene in Pulp Fiction.

:zombie: QUIT BEING A BITCH!

After he left I found he had dumped slurpee poo poo all over the counter, the floor, the sidewalk outside. The slurpee cost maybe 1.49. He threw about .65 cents at me. I feel kind of bad for the guy, but also, Jesus loving Christ, dude.

I would not feel bad for this toad. Sounded like he deliberately sought out an argument to feel superior.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woke up from having acid reflux while asleep and inhaling stomach acid

extremely not fun

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Woke up from having acid reflux while asleep and inhaling stomach acid

extremely not fun

:( :hf: :(

I usually wake up at the choking part, but I've inhaled a time or two.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm exhausted from having slept like poo poo for the last two weeks.

Usually between two football games and four fantasy teams at least one of them is good and I can but all of these games are terrible and it's like, I just wanted one thing on my weekend to look forward to to decompress and I guess that was asking too much?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I woke up in the middle of the night for some reason, got up, checked my hamsters, and Chichi, the extremely active and talkative girl I got a year and a half ago was laying flat in the middle of her cage breathing extremely fast. I took her out immediately, her body very cold, and began my now-standard resuscitation method with prior hams, a warm washcloth, warm water with a syringe to either give her directly or mash food up into, and cradled her in the crook of my arm. I wasn't even able to give her any water before she began the telltale frenetic flailing that rodents do when they're dying, the "rage, rage against the dying of the light" struggle as I think of it as, the final desperate struggle to keep going before they pass, and I knew it was too late. She coughed up blood, and I realized something devastating must have happened internally, since she was pretty much normal yesterday.

as I prepared her for burial when the sun rises, I realized I haven't even taken any pictures of her recently, I've pretty much stopped taking pictures of my hams. this is the only photo I can find, from right after I got her, and only too late do I realize. she was a super talkative and energetic hamster that had bundles of personality, one the pet store specifically contacted me about because of her demeanor. I've had so many hamsters pass on over the years that I've become relatively numb to it, but this one hurts.

what a lovely day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My body needs to get the loving memo that when we're in bed, and in position to sleep, it's time to enter REM sleep. Flush the chemicals, repair the muscles, lower the body temperature, all that good poo poo. Waking up after a full 8 hours of sleep feeling unrested is unconscionable.